• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Mission's end boss is freaking hard

snapty00

Banned
No, not Meta-Ridley but those two metal fucktards before the ship!

IT'S FUCKING HARD. Those two dry rape me every time I drop down there.

the space pirates? They were tricky till you figured out that your beams were actually affecting them. THey don't glow or anything so you can't tell if you are attacking them right.

snapty00

Banned
Yeah, I'm Hard Mode. Meta-Ridley is a total push-over. I figured it'd be a bit more difficult on Hard Mode, but nope. Pretty easy.

Those two guys at the end, though...gah.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Meta Ridley only gets difficult if you play on Hard Mode AND have 100% of all of the items, IIRC.

He then gets a protective shield in front of his heart and thus requires MAAAAAANY more hits than before. Be prepared to expend all of your limited stock of Super Missiles. Worst thing is, even with full energy, he can still wipe you out with like three claw swipes, iirc.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Hmm, if anything I think the game was disappointingly easy in the initial normal mode. Ripley in particular died far too easily.

Kuramu

on hard mode with 100%, metaridley kicked my ass repeatedly. I do remember those two jerks waiting by the ship... and they were not only tough, but by that point you had so little time left.

Top Bottom