• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

With respect to this very emotional day, and your feelings on the matter (you are a good person, standing up for what’s right), I disagree.

Although nobody should believe it without evidence, whipping up an angry mob to a person who raped, abused, and forcibly violated you, is... fair. It would be his own actions coming back to haunt him.
Even IF everything she said was true the dude was seeking therapy and one medication and this was YEARS after he is trying to live a decent better life she all of the sudden attacks him on social media runining his life and any chance of recovery. These people had a relationship and went their separate ways. She just decided to kick him while he was down. That is not justice........if anything she ruined any chance to prove what he did

This shit takes from Resetera keep coming.
uNNf7Up.jpg

So what was their opinion on Michael Brown?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Cancel culture should never have been a thing.

The solution to a lack of justice isn't opportunist directed mobs attempting to wreak an equal level of injustice on the easiest and most convenient targets that they have access to.

Seriously. I'm sure these same morons would tell you that vigilante justice is wrong, despite that it's *literally* what they're engaged in.

petran79

Banned
Let me get this straight: so Infinite Fall cut ties with (fired) Holowka in response to a tweet someone made about him alleging sexual assault with no evidence whatsoever? I'm unfamiliar with Canadian civil law but couldn't that be legally actionable? To be fired in response to a tweet from a third party without evidence would put some sort of burden of proof on the employer, right? Could Holowka--or now his estate--go after Infinite Fall now? Afterall, it could be argued that since they had an extensive working history with the guy they could reasonably know of his mental health status and suicidal ideations before terminating him over an unsubstantiated claim.

They posted on kickstarter about this though only backers could read it. They are not even a company in a legal sense. It is just 2 persons. He was not fired as a rssult. It is just like a band dissolving. They even mentioned Alec would receive the agreed game profits and they'd also keep his name in the credits. Then some posters ask for a refund because a sexual predator is involved. They still respected him and knew what he was going through. Even they feel disgusted by the social media situation and don't hold Chelsea-Zoe in high regard either.
But they also knew all the people involved in this and whether legal procedures are taken or not it is necessary to express support to those who truly suffered
I

With respect to this very emotional day, and your feelings on the matter (you are a good person, standing up for what’s right), I disagree.

Although nobody should believe it without evidence, whipping up an angry mob to a person who raped, abused, and forcibly violated you, is... fair. It would be his own actions coming back to haunt him.
This isn't ReetardEra. You do realize what you said is contradictory, right?

Edit: He clarified his stance, "This isn’t ReetardEra. Calm down, and realize I’m talking about the whipping up action itself. If the allegations are true, she’d be justified to try to do it, but the mob itself would not be justified to jump on board, without evidence. Nothing about that contradicts."

Last edited:
What I take away from this is that its obvious sometimes these people who are abusers often have their own mental issues and are suffering and thus take it out on others. This is not a defense, but simply it does happen.

Zoe obviously has her issues too. Again, not victim blaming. Both of them are victims.

GreyHorace

Wow. I woke up this morning to find this sad piece of news. What a tragic and sorry state of affairs. Whether or not Alec Holowka was innocent or guilty of the crime he was accused of is irrelevant. He deserved due process and not a hateful mob going after him.

Fuck Zoe Quinn for using her alleged victimhood to prop herself up. Fuck gaming journalism for giving her a platform. And most of all, fuck RetardEra and their lack of scruples and morals in light of this tragedy.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What I take away from this is that its obvious sometimes these people who are abusers often have their own mental issues and are suffering and thus take it out on others. This is not a defense, but simply it does happen.

Zoe obviously has her issues too. Again, not victim blaming. Both of them are victims.

The difference between these victims is one of them is dead from public shaming received by the other.
This matter could have been handled by the authorities if anything illegal took place.

You thought Jeremy Soule deleting his twitter was suspect. You find this instance suspect, too?

The difference between these victims is one of them is dead from public shaming received by the other.
This matter could have been handled by the authorities if anything illegal took place.

I think Zoe was getting a lot of hate as well, my friend. And I highly doubt she wanted him to kill himself. The fact is, he obviously had issues and his sister said as much that he was having problems even before these allegations came out.

Von Hugh

Gold Member
Plenty of these: "User banned (permanent): attacking a victim of sexual assault and blaming her for a suicide."

Not one-sided at all. Lovely.

You thought Jeremy Soule deleting his twitter was suspect. You find this instance suspect, too?

The only statement Jeremy made was deleting his accounts and telling Kotaku "I don't agree with their interpretations". So he isn't exactly denying everything, my friend.

Last edited:

mekes

Great victory for those who never had anything to do with any of this, but still shoved themselves to the forefront. On to the next one, since with you not knowing the person Involved, you’ll likely forget all about this in 48 hours. There is nothing wrong with this at all.

RIP

The only statement Jeremy made was deleting his accounts and telling Kotaku "I don't agree with their interpretations". So he isn't exactly denying everything, my friend.

He disagrees with their interpretations. That is literally denying how they interpreted his interactions with him.

Last edited:

Solomeena

Banned
This world filled with shit stain SJW's can burn in hell for all i care. I am sick of dumb fuck extremist liberals. All they do is hide behind there fucking computer or phone or tablet and talk really nasty shit about people like they are not human beings and this is the shit that happens. Fuck all of you who support Antifa, who support SJW's, who support extremist liberals in general. I have no sympathy for you when Karma calls.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I think Zoe was getting a lot of hate as well, my friend. And I highly doubt she wanted him to kill himself. The fact is, he obviously had issues and his sister said as much that he was having problems even before these allegations came out.
She knows the power of the public mob more than most. She knew this was a possible outcome of her approach.
Whether she wanted him to kill himself is irrelevant to a manslaughter case, since her approach was undoubtedly the tipping point of his actions.

-Arcadia-

Banned

This isn't ReetardEra. You do realize what you said is contradictory, right?

This isn’t ReetardEra. Calm down, and realize I’m talking about the whipping up action itself. If the allegations are true, she’d be justified to try to do it, but the mob itself would not be justified to jump on board, without evidence.

Nothing about that contradicts.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You are making an assumption without any proof. Ironic, considering people didn't want to believe Zoe because they said she had no proof.
If the developer of Depression Quest doesn't know these sorts of things first hand, who would?

🤷‍♂️

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
You are making an assumption without any proof. Ironic, considering people didn't want to believe Zoe because they said she had no proof.

Considering how frequently she finds herself involved in these sorts of angry mob situations and was clearly very aware of his mental state? Let's not pretend she was completely oblivious to the probable outcomes. If you read what she wrote again, all that stuff about "oh, I hope nothing baaad comes of this, just wanted to tell everyone all the awful things about this guy," it's so clearly calculated to, at the very least, destroy his career.

Last edited:

KiNeMz

Banned
You may think I am crazy saying this but Reset ere needs to stay. I want to know where these twisted F%&$s live, where they feel comfortable and can be open with each other, without remorse or backlash. In a public forum. For all of us to see. But in the end, I can already see it eating itself alive from nose to tail. This current situation will be the exodus of many from that forum, It shoud wake alot of people up. But those truly blinded by their ideals will stay. And we need a nice little glass cage to look at them through.

angelic

Banned

You really think it's an assumption to think that publicly outing someone, which would obviously lead to job loss and personal stress, could not induce possible suicide in a depressed person she used to be in a relationship with?

If you think that is an assumption on my part, then you are a moron.

Top Bottom