• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loomba

The only decision I have really disagreed with concerning Rick is the stopping looking for people. Sure it's a risk but there are surely still good people out there.

cacildo

I have one word for this episode:

Why.

Every single time this show attempts to either be artsy, deep, or worse, both, it becomes dreadfully boring. Ninety minutes of this, too.

This show is at its best when it embraces its inherent trashy self.

I didnt exactly hate this episode. But yeah, i agree at the "artsy, deep or both"

I don't think the "they should just stick to zombies and action because that's
all they do right"
that I've seen many people say applies any more. Besides a couple of annoying quibbles, the episode itself was legitimately good TV. If only it didn't have such a terrible placement.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If people just want action and zombie smashing, why don't they just watch that Z Nation instead?

Heck, I'd make the argument that the show has more zombie killing than the source material.

masud

Banned
Just caught up with the comic series.

Very recent comic spoilers
Fuck Negan and the govener its all about Alpha now, she is just... man. I don't really see how that ark is gonna work on tv though.

Red Mage

If people just want action and zombie smashing, why don't they just watch that Z Nation instead?

Heck, I'd make the argument that the show has more zombie killing than the source material.

I honestly don't want endless action, but they spent 3 episodes telling an exciting story and then stop all of the momentum for A Very Special Episode to tell the story of the Lawful Stupid Monk. If they had put it somewhere else it wouldn't be as annoying.

I honestly don't want endless action, but they spent 3 episodes telling an exciting story and then stop all of the momentum for A Very Special Episode to tell the story of the Lawful Stupid Monk. If they had put it somewhere else it wouldn't be as annoying.
Ever hear of Chaucer?

REALLY enjoyed that episode. No gore, for the most part, no mass zombie killings or lots of people dying.

Just two guys.

Easily my most favourite episode of the past few seasons. Even felt a twinge of sadness for a character I've never met before, even more than I would if a regular character died.

Just a shame it's back to normal next week.

dustyherb

Just caught up with the comic series.

Very recent comic spoilers
Fuck Negan and the govener its all about Alpha now, she is just... man. I don't really see how that ark is gonna work on tv though.
Comic spoilers
they better make it work somehow because I wanna see old man Rick and the whispers really badly. Hardest part with everything would be showing the scale of how big Alexandria and the communities expand. They would need a lot of actors that's for sure.

dustyherb

Agreed. He's going to make a great
Negan
. :D
Oh man I can't wait. Comic spoilers
it's all finally happening! Negan and all out war is just around the corner! I can't wait to see how all the non comic book readers react to this villain and story line. It's going to be non stop and insane.

Chorazin

Comic spoilers
they better make it work somehow because I wanna see old man Rick and the whispers really badly. Hardest part with everything would be showing the scale of how big Alexandria and the communities expand. They would need a lot of actors that's for sure.

Wait, wait, did they do a
time jump?

I'm really far behind on the comic.

dustyherb

Wait, wait, did they do a
time jump?

I'm really far behind on the comic.
Comic spoilers
after all out war and the battle against Negan it jumps two years I believe. So Rick technically isn't that old but his body gets pretty damn messed up from war.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Comic spoilers
after all out war and the battle against Negan it jumps two years I believe. So Rick technically isn't that old but his body gets pretty damn messed up from war.

Comics Spoilers:

Yeah, Rick really can't fight much at this point. I have a feeling if the show gets to that point, they might avoid doing that. Sorta like how they didn't have him lose his hand.
I hope we do see The Whisperers, they're such a creepy villain. Probably the best example of survivors who have completely just lost it, but have a logical survival mechanism.

Comic spoilers
Comic
Was it only 2 years? Carl goes from being a kid to a teen. I don't know how they would do it on the show given that the tv Carl is already a young teen.

dustyherb

Comics Spoilers:

Yeah, Rick really can't fight much at this point. I have a feeling if the show gets to that point, they might avoid doing that. Sorta like how they didn't have him lose his hand.
I hope we do see The Whisperers, they're such a creepy villain. Probably the best example of survivors who have completely just lost it, but have a logical survival mechanism.
Newest comic issue spoilers:
ya he definitely wouldn't be as bad as comic Rick if they got there. Comic Rick's main disadvantage is his hand and show Rick won't loose his. But if you did read the newest issue comic Rick isn't completely unable to fight because he completely got the drop on michonne when she was sneaking in the house. I feel like the upcoming issues where going to be seeing old Rick show himself a little more. Because no way does Rick stay this handicap the remainder of his time in the comic.

dustyherb

Comic
Was it only 2 years? Carl goes from being a kid to a teen. I don't know how they would do it on the show given that the tv Carl is already a young teen.
Comic spoilers
ya I looked it up to make sure it was only 2. And show Carl is just going to be a young adult instead if they do get to that point in the show. And I fully except them to get to that point in the comics. I can't see the show ending after all out war.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Honestly, it seems like the 6th season will be the best season of the show. These first four episodes alone are some of the series best. Not perfect by any means, but they've been pretty good. It could fall apart or something, but this is definitely the strongest start for a season, in my opinion.

Darksol

To see Drew's brother play a serious role was kind of surprising. But he did a damned good job.

Morgan episodes are great episodes. My favourite since Clear.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Another note about Glen: its only one spot the zombies are converging on in that scene. Nicolas has to be on top of Glen. Glen must have slid under that dumpster.

And I liked this last episode. The opening to that episode all the way until he has a change of heart...we knew Morgan was nuts but not how nuts.

Just the opening before the credits even rolled I has like wtf ...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Now

The mood in Alexandria is quite grim after a number of setbacks, which might prove too much for the sheltered citizens inside the gates.

Tonight's episode was written by Corey Reed (who last wrote 5.13 'Forget', the one where Deanna throws Rick's group a welcome party) and was directed by Avi Youabian, who is making his Walking Dead debut.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Zachary Levi (Chuck, Tangled) and Alexandra Breckenridge (Jessie).

Bandit1

I'm ready for my weekly dosage! I'll be glad to get back to Alexandria. Last week's episode felt a little out of place, it would have probably worked better after "JSS" but oh well.

New episode tonight!

Tonight's episode was written by Corey Reed (who last wrote 5.13 'Forget', the one where Deanna throws Rick's group a welcome party) and was directed by Avi Youabian, who is making his Walking Dead debut.

I'm guessing this will be more an "aftermath" episode. Watching alexandrians crumble (or rise up depending on who), and then next week will be back to craziness.

Consumer

Another note about Glen: its only one spot the zombies are converging on in that scene. Nicolas has to be on top of Glen. Glen must have slid under that dumpster

There are several shots of the dumpster and in all of them, it's clearly way too small an opening to fit under. There's gotta be another way he survives.

I'm perplexed as to why Glen didn't climb over the barbed fence behind the dumpster. He could've laid his jacket
(or Nick's corpse)
on the top to safely get over; there weren't very many walkers on the other side.

Do you guys even think we'll get the Glen cliffhanger resolved this episode?

There are several shots of the dumpster and in all of them, it's clearly way too small an opening to fit under. There's gotta be another way he survives.

I'm perplexed as to why Glen didn't climb over the barbed fence behind the dumpster. He could've laid his jacket
(or Nick's corpse)
on the top to safely get over; there weren't very many walkers on the other side.

we should. It's pretty ridiculous how they're dragging this out

(or Nick's corpse)

Nope.

Don't think it will be next week either.

It'll be the mid-season finale

neoism

New episode tonight!

awww yisssss

Depending on how they handle the Glenn thing I may very well be done with this show.
it's ridiculous how they're dragging this cliffhanger out, but i'll still probably come back to watch the show. it hasn't hit me that hard. yet.

it's similar to video games. I think sony & their policies make and do some stupid fucked up shit, but I still buy playstation.

(or Nick's corpse)

nope, I know how the pacing is these days. I can't see this being anything other than an aftermath style episode where everyone copes with the craziness. Then I bet starting next week until the midseason finale the craziness will ramp up.

I say glenn gets resolved next week or the week after. Also it's easy for us to judge what he should have done but when you're in the situation and tunnel vision kicks in you're fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom