• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
They saw the possible backlash against Glenn's death and fed us a filler episode so they could change things around.
they added the morgan episode in this slot on purpose to have the previous episode's cliffhanger to continue hanging

instead of resolving it.

I feel like the formula has become generally consistent lately. You can't start off with a wimper because that sucks so they always start strong. It lasts 1-3 episodes. But then you can't consistently have crazy shit because that's hard to figure out from a story perspective and it doesn't make a lot of sense because there needs to be quiet time to move some pieces to build up for the next batch leading to the midseason finale. And then it picks up again 1-3 episodes before the midseason finale before the big climax where things get shook up.

repeat the same thing for the second half of the season. Basically what I'm saying is I expect a lot of bitching tonight as well because a) no glenn resolution b) no splosions c) too much focus on alexandrians d) all of the above

~fin

SamuraiX-

I feel like the formula has become generally consistent lately. You can't start off with a wimper because that sucks so they always start strong. It lasts 1-3 episodes. But then you can't consistently have crazy shit because that's hard to figure out from a story perspective and it doesn't make a lot of sense because there needs to be quiet time to move some pieces to build up for the next batch leading to the midseason finale. And then it picks up again 1-3 episodes before the midseason finale before the big climax where things get shook up.

repeat the same thing for the second half of the season. Basically what I'm saying is I expect a lot of bitching tonight as well because a) no glenn resolution b) no splosions c) too much focus on alexandrians d) all of the above

~fin

You forgot: e) none of the above because GAF, uh, finds a way /Goldblum

Konka

Banned
they added the morgan episode in this slot on purpose to have the previous episode's cliffhanger to continue hanging

instead of resolving it.

Why does it need to be resolved now? Why can't it be resolved in the second half of the season? Or next season?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fully expecting Glenn to rise up from under the dumpster wearing nothing but a cape and then drive back the zombie horde using only his giant invulnerable penis.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If so many of you are sure that Glenn is dead, what is there to resolve? It would just be fallout from everyone finding out about his death. Look in your heart, you know that Nicholas fell on top of him and was the one being disemboweled.

#TeamAlive #HeWillBeRheeBorn

Lothar

Banned
Didn't watch last week's episode. Were there literally no main storyline consequential scenes?

It was a 90 minute backstory for Morgan and anything you can come up with in your head for how he went from a killer to a pacifist is better than what we got. It's totally skippable. It's like Beth in the hospital.

It was a 90 minute backstory for Morgan and anything you can come up with in your head for how he went from a killer to a pacifist is better than what we got. It's totally skippable. It's like Beth in the hospital.
well it's totally skippable if you don't care about emotional resonance and future payoff.

It saddens me when people don't get the value of those episodes. Goddamn plebs. It gives context to everything Morgan does and the whole reason to show that stuff is for future payoff which will mean much less if you don't know the whole story.

The Morgan ep was fantastic.

instead of resolving it.

Yup. Gotta make it last.

Eastman was used as a big homage to Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was really cool.

He has a robe and staff, he preaches peace despite losing his family to a murderer, and he trains and mentors a disciple.

And to top it off, he wears a "Save Terrapins" t-shirt at one point (terrapin is a type of turtle), and one of the co-creator of the TMNT comics is called Kevin Eastman.

Oh wow, yeah, that's super cool!

This is right up there with Clear for me. Eastman was an amazing character. I really wished they left him and his goat, and Morgan goes on his way. Would have definitely made it more satisfying. I completely get Morgan's state of mind now and its definitely lot less annoying.

But even though Eastman and Morgan follow the Akido principles, they also follow the Batman's law: They wont kill you. But they don't have to save you. Which is why both Eastman and Morgan leave a bad guy to starve to death at the end.

Agreed.
Yeah, was already fantastic, but would have been even better if they lived on at the cabin as Morgan left.

styl3s

I cannot believe people still believe Glenn is dead.

Hopefully it gets resolved tonight to we can put this absurdness behind us.

TarNaru33

Banned
Can someone link me to how I can watch it on AMC's website while streaming? I found it earlier on GAF and been using it, but forgot it now. AMC makes their damn website difficult to navigate to watch it online via live streaming.

EDIT: Found it LOL

Glen marking the beginning of a zombie, human relationship leggooooo

warm-bodies-final-poster.jpg

Already been done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom