• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so Scott Gimple is the one I should be blaming! Gotcha.

I completely get your pain, though, don't worry! I agree, they'll drag out Glenn as long as they can. The pacing off the comics is so well done for this particular arc, I wish Gimple hadn't messed with it. I will say he's done a better job developing Deanna, Spencer and Jessie than their comic counterparts. Alas, why can't we have good pacing and character development simultaneously?

Glenn's not dead, and here's why...
Glenn's just out of the line-up to develop Aaron. When the season finale rolls around Aaron will be the one to get his brain smashed in by Negan, and Lucille.Glenn will either return before this, or after.

Noooo, not my boy!

Lakitu

st5fu
Glenn's not dead, and here's why...
Glenn's just out of the line-up to develop Aaron. When the season finale rolls around Aaron will be the one to get his brain smashed in by Negan, and Lucille.Glenn will either return before this, or after.

That would be a gigantic cop-out.

I had no idea that woman committed suicide. I thought she was a victim of the attack who they forgot to clean up. It was very poorly explained IMO (was it even explained at all?) - also how were we supposed to know who she was?
It looked to me like she's slashed her wrists. She put her arm up on the window it was pretty clear to me. I didn't know who she was either though.

Also I thought Deanna's son's acting was so dreadful in this, please kill him off next.

Razmos

Aaron's big monologue was really out of place. And I thought Aaron himself was slightly out of character this episode. He's throwing everything on the line to go rescue Maggie's partner and just leaving Eric in Alexandria without so much as a warning? I get that he feels responsible for the wolves attacking Alexandria, and that he didn't want to let Maggie go alone, but it kinda seems weird.

Serious what at the Ron and Carl conversation. I was like holy shit they are not going to do some shitty teenage love triangle right?
"She's my girlfriend"

HOLY SHIT THEY ARE. And then that fucking pushing and slapping fight and "I'll tell your dad" just eurghhhhh no, please leave that stuff out. We don't care.

I kinda thought Tara would end up with the medic, but it seemed kinda shoehorned in. If they had given it another episode or so and had them talking a bit more, I'd buy it. But her just coming up and kissing Tara out of the blue? it was weird. Did she even know Tara was a lesbian? when did that come up? how did she know she was interested?
That could have been handled better.

The sewer zombies were totally gnarly, Maggie's hands sinking into them was just guhhhhhhhh. And then she put that bandage on Aaron's head haha, gross

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also I thought Deanna's son's acting was so dreadful in this, please kill him off next.

Isn't that what the blood dripping from above her walking past implies? Dude lost a lot of hope and basically went up there to die or something before falling over to the zombies?

Isn't that what the blood dripping from above her walking past implies? Dude lost a lot of hope and basically went up there to die or something before falling over to the zombies?
I couldn't really work out what that was but you might be right. I thought it was either blood seeping through because of crushed zombies or a crack developing.

I always wish this series would be way more about survivalism and ingenuity in the zombie apocalypse. I mean, get 10 knives and put them on 10 poles and have people stabbing the walkers from the safety of Rick's perch. You could kill them all within a few days.

Ironically the Zombie Survival Guide addresses this scenario. If you do that, the crush of bodies from the waves behind those you kill, etc... eventually create a climbable stair-case of corpses.

Hey... I didn't say it made sense... just that someone has considered the counter-point. :p

kurahador

Urghhh...I'm starting to hate this padded different POV per week.

Guess next will be about Daryl group that ends with them returning to Alexandria, and then solo Glenn episode, and then solo Carol episode....etc...

Tabris

Urghhh...I'm starting to hate this padded different POV per week.

Guess next will be about Daryl group that ends with them returning to Alexandria, and then solo Glenn episode, and then solo Carol episode....etc...

That's how half the seasons have been. That's how Season 4 was after the prison. That's how Season 3 was between governor and prison.

kurahador

That's how half the seasons have been. That's how Season 4 was after the prison. That's how Season 3 was between governor and prison.

I know, and they were all sucked. Can't believe they're retreading towards this after such a strong season premiere and the follow up.

All those CGI herds and quarry cost too much money for AMC apparently.

Razmos

Ironically the Zombie Survival Guide addresses this scenario. If you do that, the crush of bodies from the waves behind those you kill, etc... eventually create a climbable stair-case of corpses.

Hey... I didn't say it made sense... just that someone has considered the counter-point. :p
People were saying the same thing regarding Glenn and Nicholas on the dumpster
"You are safe, just stab them all in the head until you've killed them all"

This isn't a video game where bodies just despawn after death. Killing all those walkers leaves a LOT of bodies. They probably wouldn't be able to get over Alexandria's walls that way, but it creates other problems as well, like the fact they wil bel surrounded by rotting corpses that they have to clear away, where numerous things could go wrong.

Not to mention "putting a knife on the end of a stick and poking down at them" isa very stupid idea. Yeah lets lean over the edge and put all of our weight into a stick, so when it gets stuck in one of the zombies, or when one of them grabs it, or one of them bumps into it and you get sent toppling over the edge.

It is wayyyy too risky, especially for chickenshit idiots like the Alexandrians who could get ambushed by zombies in a brightly lit and completely empty room.

I know, and they were all sucked. Can't believe they're retreading towards this after such a strong season premiere and the follow up.

I agree, completely, these parts of the series were easily the weakest imo.

Tabris

It's just natural to have this when your ensemble cast is this big.

It's too much to cover in one episode so you gotta segment each character's story, and with all this action happening at one time, you have to do perspective episodes.

Are you still going on about this? Get over it.

It would make less sense as an opener. Last week's episode was great. Instead we got tonight's dud, which was a whole lot of nothing. Both stories didn't really push anything forward, but one was enjoyable and well acted.
I'm not gonna get over it because some guy on the gaf who I never met is telling me to. and there are quite clearly other people who are annoyed by how this season is going as well.
Yes, in the comics it's an accident.
and remind me again who in the comics it was that shot carl?
Yes. He was killing roamers until he was bitten by a group of zombies. While he was being devoured he fired some random shots and one managed to hit Carl in the eye.
so in the comics i'm guessing carl doesn't have this conflict with jessie's son, since enid does not exist. are they on good terms in the comic or it's just indifferent? who's the one who shot him anyway?

zewone

I'm not gonna get over it because some guy on the gaf who I never met is telling me to. and there are quite clearly other people who are annoyed by how this season is going as well.

It was last week. You got the episode you wanted last night. Why are you still complaining about it? Where are these other people in the thread still complaining about last week's episode besides yourself?

I knew this Glenn situation would get dragged out. Wouldn't surprise me if the last scene in the midseason finale is a flare going off in the distance or something (or the proof that he's actually dead).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I understand that TWD needed a breather episode after the clusterfuck that came fron trying to divert the herd, but I feel the scheduling was pretty bad and made the show no favours. Specially considering that it was preceded by a slow, character driven one that could have been used to space whatever else they came with.

It broke the flow of a huge storyline and added no real substance other than the poo walkers, which were awesome. We def need more wacky undead, like the burning firemen, the bloater and the riot police. Those are always fun.

jett

D-Member
I understand these people live in a moderately okay place, but still a goddamn zombie apocalypse, it's really odd that there are so many fat people.

I understand these people live in a moderately okay place, but still a goddamn zombie apocalypse, it's really odd that there are so many fat people.
tumblr_mwue3hOUWr1t2nn6zo3_250.gif

hbkdx12

Similarly i find it strange there don't seem to be people who exercise and remain fit for the sake of survival.

It's odd that there are fat people and odd that there are muscular people. There is little time to be doing curls and pushups and not enough protein to sustain a muscular body. Everyone should either look starved or have a slim runners body, and their teeth should be yellow. But that's not sexy for tv.

my thought are the Glenn is alive, will be rescued by Jesus' group, and will be revealed to the group to be safe by Nagan. Only to have his head bashed in shortly after.

This is the only sequence of events that make this "cliffhanger" worthwhile. Any other outcome is so blah.

BSsBrolly

Banned
my thought are the Glenn is alive, will be rescued by Jesus' group, and will be revealed to the group to be safe by Nagan. Only to have his head bashed in shortly after.

It's odd that there are fat people and odd that there are muscular people. There is little time to be doing curls and pushups and not enough protein to sustain a muscular body. Everyone should either look starved or have a slim runners body, and their teeth should be yellow. But that's not sexy for tv.

This is the only sequence of events that make this "cliffhanger" worthwhile. Any other outcome is so blah.
I always wondered that about tyreese. He was a brolic dude, but how did he maintain that stature? You have to eat a lot to stay that big

RangerX

Banned
Just got caught up and wow, that was a truly awful episode and easily the worst of this season so far. The scenes went absolutely nowhere and rehashed stuff we've seen lots of times before. The exact same situation with the doctor woman happened just a couple of episodes ago. Utterly pointless.

The scene with Diane and her son was daytime soap opera stuff. Its a pity because the last few episodes were so good. I love slow episodes when they are down well but not this tripe. I had a feeling that they wouldn't reveal Glenn's fate this episode. He should be fucking dead though. Sewer zombies were cool though, I'll give them that. Hopefully its on track for next episode.

Just got caught up and wow, that was a truly awful episode and easily the worst of this season so far. The scenes went absolutely nowhere and rehashed stuff we've seen lots of times before. The exact same situation with the doctor woman happened just a couple of episodes ago. Utterly pointless.

The scene with Diane and her son was daytime soap opera stuff. Its a pity because the last few episodes were so good. I love slow episodes when they are down well but not this tripe. I had a feeling that they wouldn't reveal Glenn's fate this episode. He should be fucking dead though. Sewer zombies were cool though, I'll give them that. Hopefully its on track for next episode.
the difference with the doctor is that last time she couldn't save the person. this time she did.

so in the comics i'm guessing carl doesn't have this conflict with jessie's son, since enid does not exist. are they on good terms in the comic or it's just indifferent? who's the one who shot him anyway?

Comic spoilers regarding Alexandria and characters:

It's been several years since I last read it, but if I recall correctly, it's Douglas (leader of Alexandria) that accidentally shoots Carl. The show has switched up the leader making it the wife that's the politician instead of the husband (in the comics). There's no real conflict between Jessie's son in the comic. In fact in the comic, Jessie only has one son who is actually closer to her younger son's age in the show.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This bored the crap out of me, and I like slow episodes.

They did their best fucking with the pacing, and it all began with last week's episode. Fuck that episode and this one too.

Comic spoilers regarding Alexandria and characters:

It's been several years since I last read it, but if I recall correctly, it's Douglas (leader of Alexandria) that accidentally shoots Carl. The show has switched up the leader making it the wife that's the politician instead of the husband (in the comics). There's no real conflict between Jessie's son in the comic. In fact in the comic, Jessie only has one son who is actually closer to her younger son's age in the show.
that's what I thought
(about jessie having one son and him being younger. then again, carl is also younger in the comics doesn't he?

I think whoever's predicting that the older son will shoot carl's eye off is right.

that's what I thought
(about jessie having one son and him being younger. then again, carl is also younger in the comics doesn't he?

I think whoever's predicting that the older son will shoot carl's eye off is right.

Continued Alexandria comic spoilers

Yes, they are both younger in the comics. I'm thinking Deanna or the older son will shoot Carl. I also think it will be an accident as well.

Continued Alexandria comic spoilers

Yes, they are both younger in the comics. I'm thinking Deanna or the older son will shoot Carl. I also think it will be an accident as well.
I really hope it ain't deanna, coz that means she's gonna die. I really like her character.

jessie's supposed to die, with the rest of her family isn't she? I hope she does so that rick can finally start romancing....michonne. and it seems to me, that since andrea's dead, her character arc is split on the show between sasha (sharp shooter) and michonne.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wasn't a fan of this episode. It was definitely needed for setup, but it wasn't all that interesting. And some of the moments, like the sewer zombies felt like they were inserted in there so we'd have at least a few zombie kills this week. Reminded me of the well zombie from Season 2.

I really hope it ain't deanna, coz that means she's gonna die. I really like her character.

jessie's supposed to die, with the rest of her family isn't she? I hope she does so that rick can finally start romancing....michonne. and it seems to me, that since andrea's dead, her character arc is split on the show between sasha (sharp shooter) and michonne.

Comics

Yes. Jessie basically causes her own demise because she won't let go of her son, Ron, after he's bitten while they're trying to flee Alexandria. She's holding on to Carl with her other hand. Rick tries to get her to let go of Carl, but she doesn't. Rick ends up chopping her hand off so he can free Carl. Jessie and Ron get consumed by zombies.

I'm really interested to see if they decide to go the comic route regarding Jessie's death. I honestly hope they do, because it's a brutal scene that will really stick with viewers. If they don't then the only other thing I can see happening is that she ends up becoming a capable survivor and ends up taking on Andrea's role from the comics from here on out.

Comics

Yes. Jessie basically causes her own demise because she won't let go of her son, Ron, after he's bitten while they're trying to flee Alexandria. She's holding on to Carl with her other hand. Rick tries to get her to let go of Carl, but she doesn't. Rick ends up chopping her hand off so he can free Carl. Jessie and Ron get consumed by zombies.

I'm really interested to see if they decide to go the comic route regarding Jessie's death. I honestly hope they do, because it's a brutal scene that will really stick with viewers. If they don't then the only other thing I can see happening is that she ends up becoming a capable survivor and ends up taking on Andrea's role from the comics from here on out.
that would be brutal but I just want her to croak because I want rick to hook up with michonne. btw, does rick feel any guilt/remorse/regret for chopping jessie's hand off in the comics?

Lazerbox

In the comics Ron confronted Carl about Rick killing his father. Douglas, the one who shot Carl was the Alexandria safe-zone leader.

dustyherb

I'll admit this episode was definitely slow but how can people actually say nothing happened?
1. Rick and Jessie took their relationship further
2. Tara and the doc developing a relationship
3. Rick showing Ron how to shoot
4. Maggie's pregnant

All of these things I can guarantee will play into something bigger later on. Not every episode has to be non stop like the first three. Characters have to develop and grow even if it's ones who we don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom