• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyherb

and that's as far as their conflict goes? since enid doesn't exist in the comics yeah?
Comic spoilers
they didn't have much conflict in the comics. And ya Enid wasn't in the comics. Sophia who died in season 2 is who Enid is pretty much replacing I figure since she is still supposed to be alive.

Sadist

and that's as far as their conflict goes? since enid doesn't exist in the comics yeah?
COMIC SPOILERS
In the comics Carl doesn't have much conflicts, really. He and Ron do have an argument for a bit (because Ron did love his father, even if Pete smacked him around. When they first meet Pete, Jessie and Ron the latter sports a black eye) after Pete gets killed. But Carl acts coldy and it comes down to "oh, so you're defending your drunk ass dad who was beating you and your mom". Afterwards the two boys get along when Rick starts seeing his mother.

Douglas shooting Carl in the eye is just a stroke of bad luck.

As for the episode itself... well it had sewer zombies! Hmmm. Rick getting finally what he wants. Ron being all agreeable. Deanna... well... she can shank it.

As for why Ron is being so helpfull... the spoiler for a possible ending in the future could totally work.

carlo6529

As for why Ron is being so helpfull... the spoiler for a possible ending in the future could totally work.

I haven't read the comics or any of the tagged spoilers involving them, but I'd have to say that Ron at this point, wants to kill Rick in directly to revenge his twisted father I suppose.

lol decent episode.

In a Post-Apocalyptic world of terrible parenting, Jessie manages to make a strong case for "worst parent at the end of the world" award. Veterans of the show this award is not something that is given out lightly.

that would be brutal but I just want her to croak because I want rick to hook up with michonne. btw, does rick feel any guilt/remorse/regret for chopping jessie's hand off in the comics?

Comic Spoilers

He absolutely feels all of those emotions for chopping her hand off in the comics. He admits later on that he had cared pretty deeply for Jessie, but he had no choice. He wasn't going to let her cause his son to be devoured too.

near

Gold Member
Did not really feel this episode at all, felt irrelevant. While there are obvious developments to the plot, the overall execution was poor, an example of this was Rick giving a speech after running in from the walkers, and Aaron voicing he's guilt. Felt like they had various plot elements to install with very little time.

hbkdx12

Depends on how fit you mean, since those people would need more food, and you don't want people needing more food.

In a world where food is scarce and running is a requirement several times a day, is exercise really necessary?

I don't mean exercise like bodybuilding or anything but simple things like pushups, some cardio. I'm just more so speaking to the idea that there are an ample supply of fat people that the other poster was pointing out.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Did not really feel this episode at all, felt irrelevant. While there are obvious developments to the plot, the overall execution was poor, an example of this was Rick giving a speech after running in from the walkers, and Aaron voicing he's guilt. Felt like they had various plot elements to install with very little time.

I'd like to add that Jessie's speech after killing that walker felt forced AF. I also disliked how she didn't even took one minute to check if there were any other walkers inside the house.

Everything about this episode was clumsy and contrived.

near

Gold Member
I'd like to add that Jessie's speech after killing that walker felt forced AF. I also disliked how she didn't even took one minute to check if there were any other walkers inside the house.

Oh yeah and this. Completely forgot about this scene because it was so fucking stupid, and cringe worthy. She cracks open the door and the walker is suddenly poking it's head out, it was literally in the other room milliseconds prior. lolz

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
How odd that one of the worst episodes of the season gave us one of the best walker scares of the entire show.

MxV1JIF.gif

Can we get more of those mini-boss walkers, pls?

And the way Jesse stabbed the walker in the eye didn't even look like the knife went deep enough to hit the brain. I was waiting for the walker to get up and maul Jesse and Rik save her and show her how to do it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
And the way Jesse stabbed the walker in the eye didn't even look like the knife went deep enough to hit the brain. I was waiting for the walker to get up and maul Jesse and Rik save her and show her how to do it.

I find interesting that Fear the Walking Dead seems to be much less fantastic when it comes to bodily harm and walkers.

It should be noted that TWD has also made some changes since the putty walkers from S1 and S2, when pretty much most of them could be defeated by a wooden spoon, but knife kills remain some uneven, borderline mystifying shit. Which is bizarre and even out of character, since [SUPER MILD COMIC SPOILERS]
the comics devote a number of pages to show that walkers are not easy to kill with just a knife, so Rick's gang developed a homemade implement at the prison in order to safely nail them from the other side of a fence

Volimar

They probably didn't kill the zombies at the gate just to increase the fear factor. If they're so easily dispatched, the audience won't fear for the town. But a better reason would be that if they killed them at the gate there'd be a huge obstruction there at one of the only ways to get the community out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well now... (the second one if it isn't on that one already)

Explains why Morgan left the wolf alive. Along with Eastman "converting" Morgan back to being a "good person."

I also noticed that the book (in the first chapter before these "proverbs"/poems) mentions that someone should be able to be self-sufficient/farming. Something that... Eastman does.

Page. 132 and 133 below that one also apply.

near

Gold Member

Explains why Morgan left the wolf alive. Along with Eastman "converting" Morgan back to being a "good person."

I also noticed that the book (in the first chapter before these "proverbs"/poems) mentions that someone should be able to be self-sufficient/farming. Something that... Eastman does.

Page. 132 and 133 below that one also apply.

"At the instant
A warrior
Confronts a foe
All things
Come into Focus"

Pg. 137

Guess Eastman wasn't focused when he got he's back munched. Or maybe the walker wasn't a foe. ¬_¬

Comic spoilers
they didn't have much conflict in the comics. And ya Enid wasn't in the comics. Sophia who died in season 2 is who Enid is pretty much replacing I figure since she is still supposed to be alive.
what was sophia's role in alexandria in the comics? did she and carl start hooking up?
COMIC SPOILERS
In the comics Carl doesn't have much conflicts, really. He and Ron do have an argument for a bit (because Ron did love his father, even if Pete smacked him around. When they first meet Pete, Jessie and Ron the latter sports a black eye) after Pete gets killed. But Carl acts coldy and it comes down to "oh, so you're defending your drunk ass dad who was beating you and your mom". Afterwards the two boys get along when Rick starts seeing his mother.

Douglas shooting Carl in the eye is just a stroke of bad luck.

As for the episode itself... well it had sewer zombies! Hmmm. Rick getting finally what he wants. Ron being all agreeable. Deanna... well... she can shank it.

I guess that means ron in the show is much different from ron in the comics, for one, he has a younger brother, and for another, once he finds out that rick his hooking up with his mother something tells me he won't "start getting along"...
Comic Spoilers

He absolutely feels all of those emotions for chopping her hand off in the comics. He admits later on that he had cared pretty deeply for Jessie, but he had no choice. He wasn't going to let her cause his son to be devoured too.
damn...so this basically means if it ever came down to it, rick would save carl instead of anyone else given the situation.
I don't mean exercise like bodybuilding or anything but simple things like pushups, some cardio. I'm just more so speaking to the idea that there are an ample supply of fat people that the other poster was pointing out.
I feel like the more you build your body, the more fuel you're going to need to not feel fatigued, you know? at least that's the way I see it.

ya, the thing about that book is...the author didn't write it in a post-apocalyptic world. that's something that both morgan and eastman (too late for the latter) need to understand.

what was sophia's role in alexandria in the comics? did she and carl start hooking up?

All Comic Spoilers

Sophia is Maggie's adopted daughter in the comics. She is tough and friends with Carl. I'm sure she likes Carl, but they haven't hooked up. There is a girl from another community that seriously likes Carl as well. Carl has been p whipped by an older girl though that is not part of any of the communities. I don't want to spoil who that is though.

damn...so this basically means if it ever came down to it, rick would save carl instead of anyone else given the situation.

Yes. He's the only family that Rick has left.

Pillville

That episode seemed like I was watching deleted scenes.

I could see myself saying "Oh, I see why that was cut" after every scene.... except instead of being cut, they made an entire episode out of them.

TheSeks

ya, the thing about that book is...the author didn't write it in a post-apocalyptic world. that's something that both morgan and eastman (too late for the latter) need to understand.

Actually, about that...

"In extreme situations, the entire universe becomes our foe; at such critical times, unity of mind and technique is essential-- do not like your heart waver!"

That said...!

"The techniques of the Way of Peace change constantly; every encounter is unique, and the appropriate response should emerge naturally. Today's techniques will be different tomorrow. Do not get caught up with the form and appearance of a challenge. The Art of Peace has no form--it is the study of the spirit."

dustyherb

Comic spoilers
the crazy thing is Sophia is still alive in the current issue but in the comics Glen and Maggie end up adopting her and then when they all go to hilltop and Glen ends up biting it Maggie and Sophia stay at hilltop to live there. And her and Carl don't end up hooking up but they definitely like each other I would say. They just never really act on it.

All Comic Spoilers

Sophia is Maggie's adopted daughter in the comics. She is tough and friends with Carl. I'm sure she likes Carl, but they haven't hooked up. There is a girl from another community that seriously likes Carl as well. Carl has been p whipped by an older girl though that is not part of any of the communities. I don't want to spoil who that is though.
we haven't seen on the show what role the other communities will have. for all we know we may not even see those communities this season or they may not even exist. i knew sophia was glenn & maggie adopted daughter, but would you say enid is an amalgamation of all those girls you mentioned (as well as the one you won't spoil) or just one in particular? and why don't you wanna spoil it?
Yes. He's the only family that Rick has left.
on the show he still has baby judith. and he was saying to gabriel last season that all the people he's been surivivnig with, is his family.

dustyherb

we haven't seen on the show what role the other communities will have. for all we know we may not even see those communities this season or they may not even exist. i knew sophia was glenn & maggie adopted daughter, but would you say enid is an amalgamation of all those girls you mentioned (as well as the one you won't spoil) or just one in particular? and why don't you wanna spoil it?

Comic spoilers
the other communities will definitely be happening. Jesus from hilltop is supposed to make his debut in the second half of this season. Plus the other communities is what brings Negan into the picture.

TheSeks

Guess Eastman wasn't focused when he got he's back munched. Or maybe the walker wasn't a foe. ¬_¬

"In the Art of Peace, we aim to see everything at once, taking in the entire field of vision in a single glance."

Unfortunately for Eastman, he didn't protect his blind-spot.

Also to explain Morgan's lack of killing:

"To injure an opponent is to injure yourself. To control aggression without inflicting injury is the Art of Peace."

That said...

"Instructors can impart a fraction of the teaching. It is through your own devoted practice that the mysteries of the Art of Peace are brought to Life."

I feel like Morgan will learn that while there is still some good in the world. Some folks like the Wolf can not be redeemed and thereby the "Art of Peace" gives way to "peace in death."

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
"At the instant
A warrior
Confronts a foe
All things
Come into Focus"

Pg. 137

Anything related to Eastman getting bit is so funny...lol.

Pillville

Cliffhanger? To the neutral non-messageboard visiting viewer, Glenn is dead as fuck. The footage made it seem as if he's zombie food. There was nothing in that scene that made you go "is he dead? Is he alive?".

You're wrong. It not just "messageboard visiting viewer". It's pretty much anyone who watches the show.

The same night of the episode, I saw multiple friends arguing on FB about whether he was dead or not (dumb asses not caring about spoiling the episode for others). Multiple people talking about it at work the next day. It was been a topic of conversation on every episode of The Talking Dead since, and they didn't even include Glen in the "In Memoriam".

It was purposely a very classic "car off the cliff" style cliffhanger.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Do we have a comic thread for all these spoliers?

Not only is there a Walking Dead specific comic thread, but there is also a Walking Dead spoiler thread. Neither get used lol.

Comic spoilers
the other communities will definitely be happening. Jesus from hilltop is supposed to make his debut in the second half of this season. Plus the other communities is what brings Negan into the picture.
that reminds me. For everyone saying Glenn is dead, how do you explain Steven yeun's presence in offset photos with him and the Jesus actor?

How odd that one of the worst episodes of the season gave us one of the best walker scares of the entire show.

MxV1JIF.gif

Can we get more of those mini-boss walkers, pls?

I mean, it was a good scene, but part of me just kept on screaming "How does that skeleton zombie still even have a brain left to kill"

I mean, it was a good scene, but part of me just kept on screaming "How does that skeleton zombie still even have a brain left to kill"
Kinda like that underwater zombie that bit bob, right?

Scientifically, nothing about zombies makes sense. Don't forget that "zombie" started as Haitian folklore in which dead people were brought back to life with voodoo magic as slaves.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't really care too much about what happens to who in this show, but I'm praying that the dorky doctor lady gets fuckin wrecked ASAP. 🙏

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
That episode was by far the worst in the show. Holy shit, the dialogue and acting were terrible. I am a defender of this show through and through, but I am skipping that episode when I do my next binge watch.

-MD-

I don't really care too much about what happens to who in this show, but I'm praying that the dorky doctor lady gets fuckin wrecked ASAP. 🙏

Her and Tara going out at the same time would be glorious.

Then Sasha should run in and try to save them and get bit herself. Best episode.

near

Gold Member
Her and Tara going out at the same time would be glorious.

Then Sasha should run in and try to save them and get bit herself. Best episode.

Tara was such a cool character imo when she lived with her sister and dad. Now she's there to comfort people. Really wish she became relevant again because Alanna Masterson is not a bad actress.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
why lol

she's so inoffensive

She just gets on my nerves. A lot. Maybe it's because the whole "sheepish coward who rises to the occasion when it counts" cliche is tiresome to me. We already have Eugene for that. Or maybe it's just because I'm an asshole and I find her face annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom