• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dramatic Speeches: The Show. Can they hit us over the head more with all their talking to groups and symbolic stuff.
I groaned as soon as the battered wife started yet another monologue about how things are different now. 😩 We get it, please stop,

It just me last night but do you guys/gals think that the kid(forget his name) that asked Rick how to shoot will (Comic spoiler)
shoot Carl in the eye?

Sendero

So, what did the last scene imply?

The logical assumption is that the wall is starting to crumble somehow. But even if we assume the blood is from zombies being crushed by its sheer amount, the blood seems to be dripping.. from above.

And that's that were her son was, right? Mounting guard, replacing Rosita.
If he offed himself, that would cause a huge impact in both Deanna and all the Alexandrians that heard his speech and were basically starting to riot.

She already acknowledged Rick's leadership anyway, so guess we know what will happen soon.

So, what di the last scene imply?

The logical assumption is that the wall is starting to crumble somehow. But even if we assume the blood is from zombies being crushed by its sheer amount, the blood seems to be dripping.. from above.

If he offed himself, that would cause a huge impact in both Deanna and all the Alexandrians that heard his speech and were basically starting to riot.

Spencer is too much of a puss to kill himself. Nobody would care if he did so hes more likely to let the zombies in before he died though.

-MD-

Dramatic Speeches: The Show. Can they hit us over the head more with all their talking to groups and symbolic stuff.

Lol, had to dig up my steam chat from when I was watching it.

5:37 AM - MD: why is someone giving a speech every 5 minutes
5:37 AM - MD: theres always like a group of people watching 1 person
5:37 AM - MD: then the person does a 180 and gives a speech
5:37 AM - MD: its like the 4th time this ep alone

It's seriously hilarious how overdone the speeches are in this show.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Damn, indeed. Uncanny. Speaking of Deanna, the camera closeups of her frighten me.

Yea....the years show on her face pretty clearly.

I also thought she was the lady from Star Trek. Her face does look familiar tho...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well... That was a bad episode. And people complained about He is not here.

Lorcain

Ron is going to be the downfall of one of the main cast, isn't he? Why is Rick trusting him? His betrayal vibes are high, and should be pinging radar alerts for Team Rick.

Glenn survives by covering himself in zombie guts, makes his way back to Alexandria, only to be mistaken for a walker and killed at the gate...by the guy who went into the sewers with Maggie. Do it.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Rick fight his way out of the RV. That's how the episode should have started.

Deanna was on a mental journey between Alexandria and Crazy Town this episode. I think she's back from Crazy Town reborn as badass Deanna. I hope.

The people of Alexandra have it right. They were breaking down the 4th wall with their hopelessness. It's like they're starting to understand that they are red shirts. They should eat the shit out of that pantry starting next episode.

Saty

Worst ep of the season and a terrible filler one.

Everybody acting stupid and doing the same mistakes from the prison stint. Poke.The.Fucking.Zombies. WTF are you doing? Stab all you can stab through the gate! Why are you letting them bang on your main gate and apply more and more pressure on it? Dwindle the crap out of them already. 'Don't wanna be seen' - but you are clearly standing guard atop where zombies can see you.
'Don't make a sound' - No, that's exactly what you should be doing, only one that is directed elsewhere.

Where have the flare guns gone? Shoot them to distract the herd to the light. Put on your zombie 'masks' that proved so successful in the past, avoid the herd, and light a fire someplace far that would attract the herd. Throw a grenade. Place a noise-maker.

You don't just sit on your thumbs and let the zombies increasingly compromise your wall.

There was a scene where Deanna seemed to be drawing diagrams on a piece of paper. I couldn't understand most of her writing. Was she drawing up a planned expansion to Alexandria? That scene didn't make much sense to me. It didn't fit in with the rest of her behavior in the episode.

There was a scene where Deanna seemed to be drawing diagrams on a piece of paper. I couldn't understand most of her writing. Was she drawing up a planned expansion to Alexandria? That scene didn't make much sense to me. It didn't fit in with the rest of her behavior in the episode.
ithink she started doing that after seeing something that reminded her of reggie.

Moofers

Im going out on a lomb and saying the blood was from Deanna's dead son, but im going to say Wolves somehow killed him and they just didnt hear it. Sniper? Climbing the wall and knifing? Morgan's prisoner escaped? Take your pick. Not suicide though.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
That episode was by far the worst in the show. Holy shit, the dialogue and acting were terrible. I am a defender of this show through and through, but I am skipping that episode when I do my next binge watch.

Ehhh, think it ties with the nursing home episode from season 1 quality-wise. It's definitely the worst this season for sure.

iO9 touched on this
When she surveys the slaughter the Wolves committed and the horde of zombies Rick has brought to their door, she basically goes catatonic. Eventually she snaps out of it by taking a town map and planning some kind of weird half-farm, half-university utopia on the grounds, a clear sign that she’s trying to return to the idyllic Alexandria she lived in yesterday. The drunken Spencer quickly disabuses her of that notion, blaming her for the deaths of everyone because she didn’t prepare them for hordes of zombies and/or psychopaths. This is a bit harsh, but it appears Spencer is a bad drunk.

eso76

Missed two episodes, saw this one.
Friend of mine told me something happened he felt sorry about 2 weeks ago, guess he was talking about Glenn.

So they have been keeping him maybe alive/maybe not for 2 weeks already ?
This most definitely means he's alive, this show isn't known for using original narrative devices. They are not going to keep Maggie looking for him only to reveal he had been dead for episodes.
To my understanding, everyone assumed he was legit dead; having the viewer believe there's a possibility he's alive now, only to confirm he was dead ror real later, would be cheating on the audience.

Zoe

So, what did the last scene imply?

She already acknowledged Rick's leadership anyway, so guess we know what will happen soon.

I swear I heard a thump, which would indicate somebody is killing them from the outside.

On the Talking Dead they only mentioned the blood seeping through, not that the wall was failing or anything, for what it's worth.

I swear I heard a thump, which would indicate somebody is killing them from the outside.

On the Talking Dead they only mentioned the blood seeping through, not that the wall was failing or anything, for what it's worth.
I assumed it meant that there were so many walkers outside that the undead mass was crushing the front ones into the walls, resulting in the blood seeping through

Zoe

I assumed it meant that there were so many walkers outside that the undead mass was crushing the front ones into the walls, resulting in the blood seeping through

We've never seen that happen though. Surely all of the zombies would have been crushing each other in the quarry, for example. And the horde wasn't that thick at the chain-link fence, where you would expect them to gather the most.

IrishNinja

Glenn's not dead, and here's why...
Glenn's just out of the line-up to develope Aaron. When the season finale rolls around Aaron will be the one to get his brain smashed in by Negan, and Lucille.Glenn will either return before this, or after.

some of ya'll still thinking he's alive huh
#TeamPermaDeath

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, anyone that thinks he is dead is missing some pretty huge clues. In the last episode that we see Glenn in, he makes a point to say he'll signal for help if he gets trapped. They say that BEFORE anything happens. That's a writing clue to let you know something bad will happen and Glen will have to signal to the group. Then it got brought up again in this episode.

This was the first episode where we got some significant time progression, and it wasn't even that much. All the other episodes are within a few hours, if that.

Diablos

What a terrible episode. I was looking down at my phone half the time and I didn't miss a thing.

Hot damn.

They're stuffing this season with filler so you can wait another week just to see what happened to Glenn and everyone else. Even the Morgansode was better than this. How embarrassing for the writers. Starting to lose my patience with this show. Literally nothing is happening.

What a terrible episode. I was looking down at my phone half the time and I didn't miss a thing.

Hot damn.

They're just stuffing this season with filler so you can wait another week just to see what happened to Glenn. Even the Morgansode was better than this. How embarrassing for the writers. Starting to lose my patience with this show. Literally nothing is happening.
EVEN the morgan episode? That episode was amazing. So were the 3 for it. We're literally 5 episodes in. 4 were amazing (except for those with bad taste) and 1 was average.

~Kinggi~

Banned
WHAT FILTHY TRASH THIS EPISODE WAS

omg the pure FILTH ima puke WHAT TRASH jesus fuck

sewer zombies are GROSSS but yeah this episode was a bore, to be expected after the rest of the season actually being eventful.

Diablos

EVEN the morgan episode? That episode was amazing. So were the 3 for it. We're literally 5 episodes in. 4 were amazing (except for those with bad taste) and 1 was average.
Yeah, it depends on how you look at it. The Morgansode was good in the sense that it was a departure of sorts from everything else and focused on a considerably strong character and how he got to where he is now; bad because it really wasn't necessary and could have been summarized in a short scene or two while this season actually, you know, progresses.

IrishNinja

how do you explain steven yeun showing up in offset photos with characters who haven't debuted on the show yet?

he's kickin it around the set with his bros

might show up in a jedi-like flashback in the sky with t-dog, hershel & 2pac

might be a figment of Rick's mind when more shit goes down & there's no phone about to answer

lotsa stuff man #teamPermaDeath

he's kickin it around the set with his bros

might show up in a jedi-like flashback in the sky with t-dog, hershel & 2pac

might be a figment of Rick's mind when more shit goes down & there's no phone about to answer

lotsa stuff man #teamPermaDeath
I dunno man. If he was there for a flashback then he wouldn't be amongst several of the other cast members

forreal can't believe people think they're gonna sophia a major character lol

glenn gonna come back clutching his nutsack "yall waited?!"
well if they kill him off, then they kill him off. it's annoying to be hazy about it, and then intentionally keeping it hazy to as a way to keep viewers continue watching the show.

well if they kill him off, then they kill him off. it's annoying to be hazy about it, and then intentionally keeping it hazy to as a way to keep viewers continue watching the show.
I wonder if the average person thinks that Glenn is dead. It may be hazy or even obvious to us, but maybe the general audience just thinks Glenn is gone.

Konka

Banned
forreal can't believe people think they're gonna sophia a major character lol

glenn gonna come back clutching his nutsack "yall waited?!"

We never saw Sophia being impossibly surrounded, on her back and underneath a body that was being consumed with no apparent way out.

We never saw Sophia being impossibly surrounded, on her back and underneath a body that was being consumed with no apparent way out.
impossible is nothing for glenn he is the luckiest dude in the apocolypse. Cheated death multiple times already. Going for the hat trick.

I wonder if the average person thinks that Glenn is dead. It may be hazy or even obvious to us, but maybe the general audience just thinks Glenn is gone.
most people where I work think he's alive but a lot of the girls think he's dead for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom