• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyherb

damn, that's an action packed preview.
so the saviors get daryl captive, but, i thought the rumor was negan was supposed to show up on the season finale
Comic spoilers
saviors will show up before Negan makes an appearance. It's only when Ricks group starts killing a bunch of his men that Negan decides to show his face.

Comic spoilers
saviors will show up before Negan makes an appearance. It's only when Ricks group starts killing a bunch of his men that Negan decides to show his face.
hm.
makes sense that once everyone who missing (except for daryl) comes back to alexandria, that rick will go looking for daryl and kill saviors in the process. was there someone in the comics help captive by the saviors in daryl's place?

dustyherb

hm.
makes sense that once everyone who missing (except for daryl) comes back to alexandria, that rick will go looking for daryl and kill saviors in the process. was there someone in the comics help captive by the saviors in daryl's place?
Comic spoilers
this actually didn't happen in the comics. Rick and everyone was introduced to the saviors after Jesus showed up and they went to hilltop and learned about them there. If this is indeed the saviors we see trying to kill Abe, Sasha and Daryl don't expect them to go into any detail or anything about them yet. I would think this is kind of a way to set them up for the second half of this season if it's truly the saviors.

Ichabod

Banned
I was wondering, is there a precedence in the comic for
that super rare, immune to zombie bites character that occasionally pops up in zombie fiction? I ask because of the whole Glenn situation. Would make an escape more plausible if he took a few bites getting away but discovered he was immune to the effects.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was wondering, is there a precedence in the comic for
that super rare, immune to zombie bites character that occasionally pops up in zombie fiction? I ask because of the whole Glenn situation. Would make an escape more plausible if he took a few bites getting away but discovered he was immune to the effects.

They're already infected. Everyone. Every single person is already infected. All the zombie bites do in The Walking Dead is give you an infection that eventually kills you, and then you come back. Yeah, it doesn't make sense since the same thing should probably happen if they fight with open wounds but whatever. But there isn't a precedent for anything like that in the comic, as far an immunity goes. The show is a little bit more liberal with people coming in super close contact with the zombies though. In a later arc of the comic, someone uses weapons that have zombie guts on them so they could make people sick. Not really sure if the show could get away with that since they literally just had Maggie digging around in a zombie's ribcage this week.

They're already infected. Everyone. Every single person is already infected. All the zombie bites do in The Walking Dead is give you an infection that eventually kills you, and then you come back. Yeah, it doesn't make sense since the same thing should probably happen if they fight with open wounds but whatever. But there isn't a precedent for anything like that in the comic, as far an immunity goes. The show is a little bit more liberal with people coming in super close contact with the zombies though. In a later arc of the comic, someone uses weapons that have zombie guts on them so they could make people sick. Not really sure if the show could get away with that since they literally just had Maggie digging around in a zombie's ribcage this week.
is it possible baby judith is not infected? not that it really matters coz if she dies, then she's dead. she just doesn't come back as a zombie.

IrishNinja

I dunno man. If he was there for a flashback then he wouldn't be amongst several of the other cast members

i know, but hey, Rick is pretty messed up these days, who knows what that guy sees sometimes

what is the point of dragging it out and being semi ambiguous about his fate if he is in fact dead?

see i don't really feel they're being ambiguous at all - we saw what we saw, and we just saw maggie get whatever closure she's gonna

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
is it possible baby judith is not infected? not that it really matters coz if she dies, then she's dead. she just doesn't come back as a zombie.

The show could do something like that, if they wanted. As for the comic, Judith is long dead, and with the way she died, we don't really ever get the chance to see what became of her. I'd imagine that she is though. I think the infection just is what it is, for whatever reason every single person on earth has it in them and one day it just "turned on" and started bringing the dead back to life.

i know, but hey, Rick is pretty messed up these days, who knows what that guy sees sometimes
lol, that was an offset photo. taken by like a fan or something who got a glimpse of the walking dead set.
see i don't really feel they're being ambiguous at all - we saw what we saw, and we just saw maggie get whatever closure she's gonna
glenn wasn't a part of talking dead's death montage. last season, martin, the cannibal that tyreese claimed to kill, wasn't on it either, and he turned out to be alive and led the rest of the cannibals to the church.

and then there's the cryptic message that scott gimple said about glenn during talking dead: "you will see glenn again in some way shape or form to finish his story."

if he was dead, they would say flat out that he's dead.

IrishNinja

lol, that was an offset photo. taken by like a fan or something who got a glimpse of the walking dead set.

oh? totally running with my kickin it with his bros answer then

glenn wasn't a part of talking dead's death montage. last season, martin, the cannibal that tyreese claimed to kill, wasn't on it either, and he turned out to be alive and led the rest of the cannibals to the church.

and then there's the cryptic message that scott gimple said about glenn during talking dead: "you will see glenn again in some way shape or form to finish his story."

if he was dead, they would say flat out that he's dead.

ohhh wait ya'll are basing this pretty much off of talking dead then? i don't really watch that, nor do i read non-canon halo/star wars novels
sass2.png

honestly i jumped on the book during its first arc & love Glenn, but i mostly ride for #TeamPermaDeath cause it'd be such a copout if he walks away from this one...it'd kinda open the door for a certain level of fuckery i'd rather not see in the show, is the thing

Alpende

I like how in the 'Previously on' part they showed Glenn again and in this episode nothing happened even remotely connected to Glenn, other than an off hand remark about him returning.

What a boring episode this was.

I wonder if the average person thinks that Glenn is dead. It may be hazy or even obvious to us, but maybe the general audience just thinks Glenn is gone.

The average person has internet access and doesn't live in some weird bubble.

Even in the event of this average person who doesn't have twitter or facebook or tumblr or whatever the hell else people use these days, Talking Dead isn't exactly some secret thing that no one knows about either.

I like how in the 'Previously on' part they showed Glenn again and in this episode nothing happened even remotely connected to Glenn, other than an off hand remark about him returning.

There was a pretty big part about Maggie wanting to find out what happened to him.

Fliesen

say what now??
like, one third of the episode revolved about Maggie not wanting to accept that Glenn is gone, wanting to go look for him, rubbing his name off the wall.

Is there a thread to discuss the show without comic book or actor casting spoilers? Even with spoiler tags it doesn't take a detective to work out the general idea with posts like "Does this mean <character name> will <do something> because of Comic Book Spoilers"

Chopper

Is there a thread to discuss the show without comic book or actor casting spoilers? Even with spoiler tags it doesn't take a detective to work out the general idea with posts like "Does this mean <character name> will <do something> because of Comic Book Spoilers"
I agree that this is a problem. I don't understand why, say, GoT gets a spoiler thread, whilst we have to wade through pages of white bars.

Apoc29

Clearly, our lord and saviour Jesus Carol has gone out to rescue Glenn, and she will return on the third day with Glenn on her back, a machete in one hand and a bazooka in the other.

Herbs

Banned
Clearly, our lord and saviour Jesus Carol has gone out to rescue Glenn, and she will return on the third day with Glenn on her back, a machete in one hand and a bazooka in the other.

my guess is they kill carol and finally put a bullet in the head of all the characters worth caring about.

So... is it possible I have a legitimate mental illness for liking the first 6 episodes of Fear the Walking Dead more than the last few years of TWD? :{

What if Glenn is only mostly dead?

Glenn becomes the first half zombie and is used as a diplomat between the humans and walker to establish peace and bring about a New World Order.

Hmm lol I just thought of a situation where since you can live with half a brain what if you suffered brain damage killing part your brain and than that part becomes reactive due to the zombie virus meaning your brain is part human and part zombie.

Spoiler warning for non comics folks. That THR link gives away a HUGE comic spoiler, if you're trying to stay totally untainted.

edit:

Other actors considered:
Timothy Olyphant, Matt Dillon and Garret Dillahunt

JDM was clearly the best choice.

Konka

Banned
So... is it possible I have a legitimate mental illness for liking the first 6 episodes of Fear the Walking Dead more than the last few years of TWD? :{

FTWD was a breath of fresh air in many ways. I think the one thing I'm tired of more than anything on this show is the lack of variety in terrain, housing, foliage, etc...A winter season or half season would be cool. The environment has gotten boring and samey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom