• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn becomes the first half zombie and is used as a diplomat between the humans and walker to establish peace and bring about a New World Order.

Hmm lol I just thought of a situation where since you can live with half a brain what if you suffered brain damage killing part your brain and than that part becomes reactive due to the zombie virus meaning your brain is part human and part zombie.
if he's half alive, then zombies would still try to eat him, in which case he'll still end up full zombie.

As per your theory, maybe that would explain the 2 zombies from season one that were behaving like they were still alive. That little girl who picked up her teddy bear but still lunged at rick (sort of running too) and Morgan's wife who remembered the house she was in and tried to open the door by turning the knob.

This is fantastic news about JDM. I'm used to seeing him as the "good guy", but he will totally pull off the smiling sadistic side of Negan. I didn't even know I wanted this choice until I heard this news. Love it.

therapist

Man that episode was boring filler

Much preferred Morgan's episode over the last one.

And it sucks that they again showed glenn and didnt fucking touch up on it , its getting ridiculous , if hes dead just out with it already.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I think they made a mistake trying to drag the Glenn story out. The most recent episode was no more boring or uneventful than plenty of others, it just felt that way because they have had two episodes without Glenn's fate being resolved. It's highlighting all the issues the show has, especially with dialog, as you can feel them trying to stretch it out

shanafan

Sorry if this was answered before, but how did we go from Rick getting swarmed by walkers when he was trapped inside to the RV to running towards the front gate of the town?

Yamauchi

Banned
Sorry if this was answered before, but how did we go from Rick getting swarmed by walkers when he was trapped inside to the RV to running towards the front gate of the town?
It didn't say. It's implied, I guess, that it was just typical Rick badassness.

SamuraiX-

"Oh, baby..."

m2gD6oH.jpg

WE

AIN'T

READY

(Minor Comic Spoiler)
About 5-10 years older than ideal but I have supreme confidence in this guy killing the role.

This casting announcement is 5 years in the making. We made it, boys.

someday

Banned
It didn't say. It's implied, I guess, that it was just typical Rick badassness.
But, Rick brought the entire back half of the horde right to the front gates. I don't understand how this is glossed over by everyone. He's no hero here. He could have run in another direction at least. Instead he's running them all home and yelling at the end.

But, Rick brought the entire back half of the horde right to the front gates. I don't understand how this is glossed over by everyone. He's no hero here. He could have run in another direction at least. Instead he's running them all home and yelling at the end.
And then tells everyone to be quiet, after which he climbs up on the gate and had a conversation in plain sight of the walkers. There was a lot of really bad writing in this episode.

Would've rather had Javier Bardem, but JDM is good too.
they're literally the same person

"Oh, baby..."

WE

AIN'T

READY

(Minor Comic Spoiler)

This casting announcement is 5 years in the making. We made it, boys.
I thought the same at first but I feel like his age brings a ruggedness to it. I'm actually really excited to see (comic talk)
his interactions with carl for some reason.

they're literally the same person

I thought the same at first but I feel like his age brings a ruggedness to it. I'm actually really excited to see (comic talk)
his interactions with carl for some reason.

if quotes from showrunner/cast is anything to go by, comic-carl is incoming. RIP everyone

Yamauchi

Banned
Yes, I was actually expecting the episode to start with Rick devising some plan to lead that half of the horde away.

JoeNut

shame this episode was a filler, although it really had to be calmed down, it didn't sort out glen, or that dude morgan is hiding in the house.

Really hope the next episode clears up Glen, i hope this isn't going to be one that drags on all season and gets revealed right at the end

At most I say next week ends with a glenn tease then the resolution happens the episode before the midseason finale but worst case scenario I think it'll be resolved in 7 because 8 seems like it's obviously going to be
all out zombie heard war.

Roussow

Great casting -- but for the character himself, you guys worried at all AMC won't be able to do it justice? I mean, it's been a while since i've read any of the comics, but doesn't that character swear like a fucking sailor? I thought most f-bombs were either cut or muted on television? I remember a few Breaking Bad ones were simply muted, and we all remember that classic line, "they're screwing with the wrong people".

Kard8p3

Great casting -- but for the character himself, you guys worried at all AMC won't be able to do it justice? I mean, it's been a while since i've read any of the comics, but doesn't that character swear like a fucking sailor? I thought most f-bombs were either cut or muted on television? I remember a few Breaking Bad ones were simply muted, and we all remember that classic line, "they're screwing with the wrong people".

I'm a little worried about this tbh.

Although to be fair I think the season releases are uncensored (I might be wrong, but I thought it was said the season release had "they're fucking with the wrong people")

Roussow

I'm a little worried about this tbh.

Although to be fair I think the season releases are uncensored (I might be wrong, but I thought it was said the season release had "they're fucking with the wrong people")

Yeah, that's great and all. But the impact is going to be the first broadcast, it's still going to be diminished on first viewing, even if their is another cut out there we can view down the line.

Kard8p3

Yeah, that's great and all. But the impact is going to be the first broadcast, it's still going to be diminished on first viewing, even if their is another cut out there we can view down the line.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree it's depressing. AMC shows are allowed one fuck aren't they? Maybe they're saving it for his introduction. At least I hope so 8(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I don't think anyone should be expecting a 1-to-1 translation from the book to the screen. He's not going to be dropping F-bombs (AMC maaaaybe would allow him one muted one. Maybe. But probably not.) and he's most likely not going to be as zany as he is in the comic. He's a REALLY over the top character so I think we should all be prepared for a more grounded version of him on the show.

Also, if the show introduces (comic)
Ezekial next season, be prepared for a serious lack of Shiva. If HBO continues to struggle with having wolves (but really dogs that look like wolves) in the same scenes as their actors, don't expect a zombie killing tiger to show up on on AMC.

You're right, and it's pretty sad that we even have to worry about swear words being censored on a show as gory and graphic as this one.

People being torn apart or being beheaded is OK but swearing is not. apparently. Very weird standards in society.

I know of the character, but I don't know about him.

is cursing a big part of the character, or can they make him scary and threatening without that? Honestly, having a character drop f-bombs incessantly seems more childish than cool or necessary

Roussow

is cursing a big part of the character, or can they make him scary and threatening without that? Honestly, having a character drop f-bombs incessantly seems more childish than cool or necessary

I don't feel familiar enough to comment, but from what I hear it's one of his most identifiable characteristics, it's so specific to that character that taking it away is going to distance his television counterpart from the comic one dramatically

O5eFgeS.jpg

RPGamer92

Banned
I don't feel familiar enough to comment, but from what I hear it's one of his most identifiable characteristics, it's so specific to that character that taking it away is going to distance his television counterpart from the comic one dramatically

O5eFgeS.jpg
It may actually do good to give him actual dialog rather than just swears 99% of the time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

He's a comically (heh) profane character. He's threatening and kind of funny but a lot of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is absolutely cringe inducing.

Here are a couple non spoilery panels from the comic to give you an idea:

http://i.imgur.com/Ap1abmI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NYTWxd7.jpg

Roussow

It may actually do good to give him actual dialog rather than just swears 99% of the time.

I did really enjoy what they did with the governor, he became very different from his comic counterpart. I credit a lot of this to David Morrissey, but still, it's an example. Maybe they can tone down Negan, and still have a great character -- but at the same time, is it still even going to be the same character?

O5eFgeS.jpg
Oh god...

Well, then I'm kind of happy then. Comic purists might be annoyed, but a Jeffrey Dean Morgan Negan might have more depth and personality than the profanity-spewing comic Negan

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.

There were simply too many. Like, thousands. He had no chance of diverting them by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom