• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyherb

Yeah? Even "normal" sites were posting pictures of him filming.

Also haha. The sneak peek of the horde getting in--"MEAT'S ON THE MENU TODAY BOYS~"
Yep that's why it's all so funny lol. They definitely kept it secret for a good chunk of people which I'm sure to the writers is good enough.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
I thought he'd want to kill Rick if anything. He's the one that actually killed his Father.

Also, how else was the herd going to get in? It withstood a truck crashing into it with ease, the amount of walkers scene in the shots this episode wouldn't of pushed it over.

They've been building up the conflict between him and Carl for a while now. I never got the feeling that he wanted to hurt Rick.

And with the building, I just mean that they showed it falling apart several times. I knew it was going to come down by the end of the episode. So when the cliffhanger happened...it wasn't surprising at all. I was left thinking "okay, so that finally happened. Okay then."

Angry Fork

Every episode this season Rick gets better and better. I love him taking down the dumb prayer shit. They should've exiled that traitor a long time ago. I like the guy who was helping Rick with the wood, hopefully he stays around and becomes like a right hand man or something.

I don't get the Carl vs. angsty kid stuff at all. I hate Carl so him dying would be pleasant as Ricktatorship levels would increase substantially, but I hate the other kid too. I don't get what he's still angry about, his father was an abusive asshole why is he still so butt hurt about that situation.

Morgan used to be cool and is now an annoying idiot. Also Maggie "knowing/feeling" that the balloons were Glenn was silly. Like it could be anyone... but w/e.

Good episode, looking forward to the semi-finale. Can anyone remind me if people have been sawing down the guard tower? I don't remember if we were told anything about that or if it's something that will be revealed in the next episode.

Jobbs

Banned
Every episode this season Rick gets better and better. I love him taking down the dumb prayer shit. They should've exiled that traitor a long time ago. I like the guy who was helping Rick with the wood, hopefully he stays around and becomes like a right hand man or something.

I don't get the Carl vs. angsty kid stuff at all. I hate Carl so him dying would be pleasant as Ricktatorship levels would increase substantially, but I hate the other kid too. I don't get what he's still angry about, his father was an abusive asshole why is he still so butt hurt about that situation.

Morgan used to be cool and is now an annoying idiot. Also Maggie "knowing/feeling" that the balloons were Glenn was silly. Like it could be anyone... but w/e.

Good episode, looking forward to the semi-finale. Can anyone remind me if people have been sawing down the guard tower? I don't remember if we were told anything about that or if it's something that will be revealed in the next episode.

Carl's not as annoying as the other kid. I'd like to generally keep the teen angst in shows to a minimum.

Not sure why Rick can't see that he's evil when everyone in the audience can.

dustyherb

Lori was the only "main" character to be offed in the middle of the season... three seasons ago.

Everyone else were secondary/tertiary characters.
I wouldn't worry about main characters not dying everyone's time will come eventually. This show has a lot of material it can still cover from the comics. And the advantage of having so many characters the audience loves (Rick, Daryl, Carol, Glen, Michonne, even Morgan for some people) I'm sure the writers really want to just build up these characters so when they do finally die it's going to hurt. This isn't a story where the good guys win so I expect almost every character to die. I'm sure a few will make it past the final episode but it won't be many.

neoism

This show is only watchable in a positive light in the after-air format, where you can marathon the whole thing without commercials. In its native format its filler trash.

yea for realll i did a marathon for seasons 1-4 and then watched all of season 5 in two sittings...
this is the first time I watch the show on a week by week basis especially with next weeks eighth episode and then fucking two months wait again it definitely doesn't help it... not to mention I have dish network and AMC looks like complete dog shit even in 1080i it was so much better on Netflix.
watching episode together helps you only notice the most important parts of the story i'm liking the season so far even though two or three episodes are meh i really really really hate the fucking pacing just not good at all.... it's mainly because I just notice it because I have to wait a week in between each episode....
yeah i was addicted like a mofo when watching seasons 1-4 the greatest thing though was I could just watch another if I wanted too

Tabris

What's the reason for mid-finales and breaks with the AMC and USA Network? Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Suits, etc. Aren't they already shot or shooting during this time? I don't understand the reasoning behind it as it just annoys me personally.

Also comic-spoilers (or in my case wiki) question -
So assuming Carl gets shot next Sunday in the eye - how long was he out in the comics? And will he then get a lot more screen time? Does he truly start becoming a monster and killing a bunch of guys?

It's unfortunately actually quite common for kids to still respect and seek out their abusive parents.

He's seeing things in black and white, lacking the maturity that comes with age to see that there are shades of grey to the situation. He's thinking, "I had a dad before. But now thanks to you and your group, I don't anymore." The fact that the dad was abusive doesn't factor in to his thought process.

Tabris

Also since I didn't get to comment on it, what was up with the filming / photography / direction of Episode 6? It looked so bad. Like a B-rated movie.

GavinGT

Banned
What's the reason for mid-finales and breaks with the AMC and USA Network? Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Suits, etc. Aren't they already shot or shooting during this time? I don't understand the reasoning behind it as it just annoys me personally.

It's all about negotiating better rates with the cable providers. If Walking Dead were only on four months of the year, people would care a lot less about AMC during those other eight months and cable providers could get away with paying them a lower rate.

NYR

So assuming Carl gets shot next Sunday in the eye - how long was he out in the comics? And will he then get a lot more screen time? Does he truly start becoming a monster and killing a bunch of guys?
No one watches TV in December. Seriously. Last Two weeks of December are usually write-offs, plus New Years.

Also since I didn't get to comment on it, what was up with the filming / photography / direction of Episode 6? It looked so bad. Like a B-rated movie.

It was ghastly in this episode too, particularly during Glenn's scenes. Looked almost like a home movie in some moments.

dustyherb

They just finished shooting the second half on Thursday I believe.

Comic spoilers
he wasn't out that long. I don't expect him to be out for an entire half a season or anything like that. He might wake up the first episode after the break. At least in the first three I would think. And he should definitely start getting more screen time. The comics has kinda slowly shifted towards more Carl and this was the beginning of that. And not a monster. Just a badass. Doesn't put up with shit. Does kill people but it's bad people.

Tabris

No one watches TV in December. Seriously. Last Two weeks of December are usually write-offs, plus New Years.

Yes, but that's why tv shows take breaks during those holiday periods. Don't air anything thanksgiving week, don't air anything last couple of weeks of December. But that doesn't explain these kind of mid-season breaks.

It's all about negotiating better rates with the cable providers. If Walking Dead were only on four months of the year, people would care a lot less about AMC during those other eight months and cable providers could get away with paying them a lower rate.

This answer makes sense though, and why you see it with networks like AMC, USA and not the major networks as much.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I kept telling people this is how it would go down...

RS4-

The Carl shit in the comics is fucking awful. Scratch that, the comics have been awful for a long time now.

Anyway, I expected Enid to get Glenn killed. Like he's asking her what JSS stood for, then ninja zombie takes a bite.

I suppose Ron? Will somehow shoot Enid or actually save Carl. But I'll go with Enid dying.

Tara got dat accuracy buff.

This show is now officially the dumbest/worst thing on TV.

You haven't seen Quantico yet have you?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They aren't in Georgia.

They still film in Georgia though.

Tabris said:
Well she was trained by military in both camps, the pre-Governor camp by the military guys running that, and then by the Abraham group.

Yes. But she's hanging over the wall firing the gun. Surely the recoil would've thrown her aim off while she's squeezing that wall with her legs for dear life so she doesn't fall over.

Corpekata

Banned
So weird they attempted to do what they did with Glenn.

This is a show that gives teary farewells to even characters like Bob and had loathed characters like Andrea's exit serving as season cappers. No character from the first season is going to die without like an entire episode's build up and the entire cast of characters weeping for the next.

Tabris

Yes. But she's hanging over the wall firing the gun. Surely the recoil would've thrown her aim off while she's squeezing that wall with her legs for dear life so she doesn't fall over.

It's funny this is what you have an issue with, and not the insanely bad A-Team like shooting that occurred in Episode 6. This episode was probably the lowest point in the entire series in my opinion.

EDIT - Episode 6 that is. I liked today's episode.

Partition

Banned
Episode somehow managed to be just as bad as last weeks ????????? (if not worse given Glenn comeback expectations)

Was it implied that Glenn killed every single zombie by himself? Even the apologists on here didn't see that coming. Enid randomly stumbling onto him was hilarious too, as was the cheesy music in the background. I know it's a show blah blah blah but having characters randomly find eachother in a world like this becomes tackier each time; we saw enough of that in Season 4.

The skit with Spencer was filler nonsense, the bits at the end with Morgan/Carol seemed interesting but of course we are left with nothing but a tease.

Really lackluster season so far and a definite step down from S5.

Carl is gonna get Tupac'd

You really believe anyone from Rick's original group is going to die anytime soon after the stunt they pulled with Glenn?

Comic spoilers:
Since we all know TWD is predictable by this point, we can assume Morgan will get Negan'd instead of Glenn, which is fine because no one really cares about him anyway (but yay another black character dying! /s). If this show had ANY balls, they would reverse Negan's decision and off Maggie with the bat, as well as Morgan. Go all Red Wedding on them. It sounds like ratings gold to me but it will never happen.

RELIGHT

Banned
Let's hope Tump's Wall is stronger

fox_zimmerman_laughs_130703c1.gif

Tabris

The skit with Spencer was filler nonsense, the bits at the end with Morgan/Carol seemed interesting but of course we are left with nothing but a tease.

How was it filler? It dealt with the exact theme of the episode.

Rick is/was looking out just for his group. This episode is about pushing him to being about Alexandria then just his group.

Partition

Banned
How was it filler? It dealt with the exact theme of the episode.

Rick is/was looking out just for his group. This episode is about pushing him to being about Alexandria then just his group.

Because it's so heavy handed and nonsensical. Theres like 10 or so people watching on the towers (including Eugene and Tara who didn't even seem to notice or care), but Rick was the only one who saw him. Maggie can see balloons miles away and immediately associate them with Glenn (???), but Tara and Eugene don't care what happens in front of them. I don't care if the scene fit with whatever theme the episode tried to convey if nothing continues to make sense on this show. No one behaves like real people and all the drama construed comes off like a high school play.

Because it's so heavy handed and nonsensical. Theres like 10 or so people watching on the towers (including Eugene and Tara who didn't even seem to notice or care), but Rick was the only one who saw him. Maggie can see balloons miles away and immediately associate them with Glenn (???), but Tara and Eugene don't care what happens in front of them. I don't care if the scene fit with whatever theme the episode tried to convey if nothing continues to make sense on this show. No one behaves like real people and all the drama construed comes off like a high school play.

Glenn said he'd send a signal if he got stuck outside. The green balloons were placed there by the group as part of their initial herding plan (which is why he knew the tank and more balloons were there).

You also gotta remember it's only been like a day of time passed in their world. It's not like this is a month later and Glenn would be a distant memory.

SURGEdude

Somehow worse than last week. Season started with so much promise and then it just fell into all the crap that continues to drag the show down consistently.

Man, Talking Dead is just one long slurp of how amazing the storytelling was with Glenn. I mean, I didn't expect the aftershow to call it out for the manipulative garbage it was but this is too much.

Man, Talking Dead is just one long slurp of how amazing the storytelling was with Glenn. I mean, I didn't expect the aftershow to call it out for the manipulative garbage it was but this is too much.

Yeah it's not like they're gonna be like "well yeah, you guys all called it like 20 minutes after the episode ended 3 weeks ago, and we had to lie to your face about it, lol!"

Unpopular opinion ahead:

I'm okay with the Glenn stuff, or at least, it's not at all the dumbest thing TWD has ever done. Honestly, TWD is only good sometimes and we all just ride along anyhow, hating or loving (though I'm all in on "slid under a dumpster" to replace shark-jumping).

Man, that was an awesome episode. I gotta say I started tearing-up a bit when I found out Glenn was alive. Last couple of weeks of silence were kinda pulling at my heart strings, but I can rest easy again. And the balloons were a great callback which makes me think the writers really care. Can't wait for next weeks ep because I have a feeling some exciting stuff is going down.

HardRojo

Ok, Maggie somehow knowing for sure that the balloons were from Glenn is stupid. I know she's keeping her hopes up but man, she acted like Glenn was flying with those balloons Pikachu-style.

image.php

Unless it's a reference to something that has happened before, which I can't recall to be honest.

Ok, Maggie somehow knowing for sure that the balloons were from Glenn is stupid. I know she's keeping her hopes up but man, she acted like Glenn was flying with those balloons Pikachu-style.

image.php

Unless it's a reference to something that has happened before, which I can't recall to be honest.

They had used balloons in several spots to mark locations for their herding plan.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
told y'all mofos Glenn wasn't dead :D

brb gonna watch the rest of the episode while playing IB...

SURGEdude

Unpopular opinion ahead:

I'm okay with the Glenn stuff, or at least, it's not at all the dumbest thing TWD has ever done. Honestly, TWD is only good sometimes and we all just ride along anyhow, hating or loving (though I'm all in on "slid under a dumpster" to replace shark-jumping).

Yeah this show really did slide under the dumpster with this episode.

HardRojo

Or it could just mean that one of the batches of balloons they tied down the day before flew away.
This is what I was getting at. Earlier in the episode Maggie pointed out that if Glenn was to come back, if would be from a specific direction, so I guess that's what helps her be certain it's him? I don't know.

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 607: “Heads Up”

mhY16Hb.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 607, “Heads Up” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 607: “Heads Up” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 608, “Start to Finish” - International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 608, “Start to Finish” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • This episode, the seventh of the season, is titled “Heads Up.” Only one day has passed in The Walking Dead's world since the season's opening scene in the quarry.
  • Christian Serratos and Josh McDermitt played patty-cake between takes to ease the tension between their characters. Both see Rosita and Eugene as having a “brother and sister relationship.”
  • Glenn scavenged the balloons from what was meant to be the “all safe” meeting point of the quarry mission. Lauren Cohan thinks that people will be sending Steven Yeun green balloons for the rest of his life.
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom