• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinGT

Banned
I love how Sepinwall goes all-in on the stupidity of the Glenn thing. He doesn't say a word about the rest of the episode, except in terms of how it relates to Glenn.

someday

Banned
I mean, it's the zombie apocalypse and a bouquet of balloons floats to the sky on the very day that you're waiting for a message. If that's not a sign I don't know what is.

EulaCapra

I've just noticed that Jessie continues to be costumed less like her comic counterpart and more like
Lori.

Comic Speculation:
I wonder if too many people have been speculating the comic Glenn death switch to TV Morgan and the comic Lori death switch to TV Jessie that they won't even recreate the scenes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What's the reason for mid-finales and breaks with the AMC and USA Network? Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Suits, etc. Aren't they already shot or shooting during this time? I don't understand the reasoning behind it as it just annoys me personally.

Almost every single 13+ episode season of TV takes a month or two off during the holidays.

BBboy20

Pretty disappointed they did that. The dishonesty was entirely unnecessary. Instead of just having it be ambiguous, which still leads to this payoff, they chose to intentionally mislead with a camera angle.
Doing that whole "death" scene at the start of this episode would have been better.

Fuck you Charter. Seriously missed the last 10 minutes of The Walking Dead AND now Badlands is recording a frozen screen. Twitter is pissed.
Huh. My episodes were recorded just fine but yeah, ever since Charter went full HD, their stability seem to have taken a nose dive in the last couple years.

You haven't seen Quantico yet have you?
No longer a guilty pleasure? Also, do they still dress up like Uncharted 4's Nathan Drake?

UberTag

Comic:
Negan should take out all three: Glenn, Daryl and Morgan, for maximum impact. Smushes Morgan, everyone is all "nooooo but at least the horror is over", Negan all "eh I'm not tired", takes out Glenn, everyone all "NOOOO", Negan shrugs and slams Daryl in the face, hard cut to black, season ender.

Thank you, thank you.
This would really be hilarious and make my day if it played out exactly like this. Would be overkill as fuck but still worth all of the LOLs in the world.

Your kill order is the exact order of likelihood of these 3 getting taken out by Lucille.

Morgan is clearly the odds-on GoldDerby.com front-runner.
Glenn is the pre-spoiled runner-up.
Daryl is the dark horse.

I've been in the Morgan camp since this season started. And pretty much entrenched in it now since Episode 4.

I thought he'd want to kill Rick if anything. He's the one that actually killed his Father.
Ron's more bitter about Carl stealing his reject of a JSS girlfriend than Rick offing his abusive dad.

This show is now officially the dumbest/worst thing on TV.
'Fraid not. The WWE still airs 8 hours of ad-filled sports entertainment seemingly every week.
FOX News is still on the air. The Republicans will get plenty of air time during campaign season.
The Big Bang Theory hasn't been cancelled yet.

That said, insulting the intelligence of your audience and then patting yourself on the back about it never goes over well. It's a trap people seem to fall into time and time again, too.

cacildo

I dont really care about the glenn alive/dead drama

But the rest of the episode really makes you question why da hell are you spending time with this show

Why do they spend time with "Enid"? Why would anyone want to watch an annoying teenager making the angry duckface in a zombie apocalypse scenario?

And the "I obviously want to kill rick so give ke a gun, rick!" kid

I gotta give sone credit for the show for at least not draging the Morgan being questioned scene forever. It had the usual terrible Walking Dead dialog, but at least it was short

And Rosita's monologue.... my god thats The Walking Dead in a nutshell

And spencer and the "how can we put some zombies in this episode of The walking dead?" scene....

Its all wrong. All of it.

EDIT: little kid and carol!!! Another "fuck you" momment

This show is only watchable in a positive light in the after-air format, where you can marathon the whole thing without commercials. In its native format its filler trash.

Exactly

Thats what im going to do next half season
Whatching it one episode at the time makes all the stupid parts (90% of the show) even worst

Darren870

I also see Sam killing or trying to kill Judith. The talk Carol had with him while dropping off Judith is classic Walking Dead foreshadowing.

Either Rick loses everyone or Jessie does.

Least that's what it seems like to me.

I also see Sam killing or trying to kill Judith. The talk Carol had with him while dropping off Judith is classic Walking Dead foreshadowing.

I'm sure what's gonna happen with Sam but forsure that was some foreshadowing

Whatching it one episode at the time makes all the stupid parts (90% of the show) even worst
k bye

I've just noticed that Jessie continues to be costumed less like her comic counterpart and more like
Lori.

Comic Speculation:
I wonder if too many people have been speculating the comic Glenn death switch to TV Morgan and the comic Lori death switch to TV Jessie that they won't even recreate the scenes.
I'm still curious about whether or not (comic)
they will kill of judith the way they did in the comics because I feel like they can do it that way without showing the kid actually dying. Though she's growing up pretty quick and if they do another time jump she will be even bigger. Jessie could be holding her when they both die. But again she gettin big.
"There's a helium tank in those shrubs."

Because of course there fucking is. Jesus Christ.
already said but they put em there lol

TO me he biggest give away that sam will be doing some twisted shit later in the season was that bowl cut... You just dont give some character on tv that kind of haircut unless they are having some psychological issues.

Rick better grab some clippers and pomade real quick and givt that kid a fly ass haircut.

I think the helium tank was there because Rick and the rest of the gang left it there incase the needed more balloons. Glenn said that like he knew it was already there.

Good point.

Still, what a fantastic line. "There's a helium tank in the shrubs." I hope I get the chance to use that line some day.

MisterR

Glenn said he'd send a signal if he got stuck outside. The green balloons were placed there by the group as part of their initial herding plan (which is why he knew the tank and more balloons were there).

You also gotta remember it's only been like a day of time passed in their world. It's not like this is a month later and Glenn would be a distant memory.

Yep, there is plenty to complain about on this show, but in these threads people go way overboard just looking for stuff to complain about and it really just makes it seem like they either can't understand really simple stuff that happens in the show, or maybe they are just busy half watching and spending the other half bitching about the show online. People bitch about them not respecting the intelligence of their audience, but if you read through these threads, you can kind of get why they do it.

Catdaddy

I was kinda hoping the kid would shoot that stupid hat off of Coral. I mean it was cute when he was a little kid but wearing daddy's sheriff's hat when your a teenager it just looks stupid and dorky.

I know he should be that old per the comics, but still

The balloons make sense now I guess, I was thinking the same - how would she know it was Glenn just because they are green balloons. Also, there should have been 99 balloons, but that's just me...

Zoe

Was it implied that Glenn killed every single zombie by himself? Even the apologists on here didn't see that coming.
He killed the ones within arm reach, and they formed a wall. The other zombies could no longer sense him and got distracted via various things.

KHarvey16

Doing that whole "death" scene at the start of this episode would have been better.

Yeah, I like Sepinwall's alternate scenario where they just leave it off with them both stuck on the dumpster. Then the future episode shows the gunshot and all that. Just as long as they don't use that stupid camera angle.

So big show/comic spoilers:
I definitely think Glenn is getting killed by Negan. It's shitty, but this whole dumpster thing will only make that moment ever crazier. Quite a few reviews are saying how this debacle makes it seem that Glenn is untouchable now. So imagine the reaction if he gets his head bashed in. It would be the last thing people would expect now that he survived the zombie herd.

He killed the ones within arm reach, and they formed a wall. The other zombies could no longer sense him and got distracted via various things.

I can see that for the zombies immediately to his left and right coming at his torso, but there is absolutely no way he could stab a zombie attacking his legs while he is underneath a dumpster.

I definitely think Glenn is getting killed by Negan. It's shitty, but this whole dumpster thing will only make that moment ever crazier. Quite a few reviews are saying how this debacle makes it seem that Glenn is untouchable now. So imagine the reaction if he gets his head bashed in. It would be the last thing people would expect now that he survived the zombie herd.
This is what I think, too. Could be wrong. But the impact (lol) would be huge.

Ron: "Can I practise shooting a gun?"

Rick: "No; we don't want to attract all the walkers to one specific part of the wall. Now fuck off; I need to bang on this wall with a hammer."

dustyherb

Comic spoilers
yep it would be the biggest troll by kirkman and Gimple to make the audience think he's completely safe and then have Lucille bash his head in, it would be perfect. It's either him or Morgan at this point. Daryl has hardly even been in this season except one episode. He would be having a lot more character development if it was going to be him I would think.

UberTag

So Ron plans to kill Carl over pussy and dead Dad?
Sam plans to kill Judith because the Cookie Lady said that's how you don't become a monster.
And Jessie plans to kill Rick in the sack? Am I getting this all straight?

Why can't they just become a post-apocalyptic Brady Bunch and live happily ever after with Carol in the Alice role? That won't work out?

LifEndz

Oh man.......it's happening isn't it....

Comic spoiler
lucille at the end of next episode?

Nah. That's season finale material. But this has been such a trainwreck of a season that maybe they just do that because what the hell. Season 1 > Season 3 > everything else is dog shit.

LifEndz

I can't put anything pass them, but I think even they would have to realize how silly that would be. The true shocker would be for speculation on a comic spoiler
Negan to kill Maggie in front of Glenn. Killing a pregnant woman isn't new for this show (I think Lori died prior to her baby being cut out of her), but that would really resonate. Either that or killing Daryl, but the fans would riot.

I don't get what show you guys are watching, sure it has dumb moments, most all shows do. The show is still fantastic, nothing like it.

But I guess I am the same way with GoT, I read the books, I don't think the show is all that great meanwhile everyone thinks it's the best thing ever. That said there is still nothing on tv like it.

I don't get what show you guys are watching, sure it has dumb moments, most all shows do. The show is still fantastic, nothing like it.

But I guess I am the same way with GoT, I read the books, I don't think the show is all that great meanwhile everyone thinks it's the best thing ever. That said there is still nothing on tv like it.

The issue is that basically nothing has happened for the last four episodes. Include nothing happening + a stupid fakeout that was called out by everyone and you have nearly half a season that was spent walking around doing nothing so you can have a big action episode for the mid season.

Season 4 was great because we had the PoV of a different group, we had that PoV because standing around in a secure location gets stale really fast. Season 4 was a "sorry, we fucked up season 3's prison arc, we're fixing it", and then the second half was everyone separated going to Terminus.

Season 5 had the first arc of the hunters, and then they got killed and the story moved on. Sure there are weak spots in every season, but what set Season 4 and Season 5 apart is that IT KEPT MOVING and interesting shit actually happened. Rick constantly flying off the handlebars in an environment was wasn't built for that was great drama, having the entire group practically wig out in a safe place had a lot of tension to it. You didn't know who was going to snap first, who was gonna fuck it up.

This season started good, but it has basically fell into the same shit that Season 2-3 fell into where nothing happens and the character drama is boring as shit.

The issue is that basically nothing has happened for the last four episodes. Include nothing happening + a stupid fakeout that was called out by everyone and you have nearly half a season that was spent walking around doing nothing so you can have a big action episode for the mid season.
Maybe called out here, and by the savvy fans, but by the general audience? Most people I talked to thought Glenn was dead

While I do like they decided to make the herd a half-season long arc, rather than a problem dealt with in an episode like other seasons, the fact that this half-season has only covered like two days of in-show time definitely hurt the pacing

Season 4 was great because we had the PoV of a different group, we had that PoV because standing around in a secure location gets stale really fast. Season 4 was a "sorry, we fucked up season 3's prison arc, we're fixing it", and then the second half was everyone separated going to Terminus.

Season 5 had the first arc of the hunters, and then they got killed and the story moved on. Sure there are weak spots in every season, but what set Season 4 and Season 5 apart is that IT KEPT MOVING and interesting shit actually happened. Rick constantly flying off the handlebars in an environment was wasn't built for that was great drama, having the entire group practically wig out in a safe place had a lot of tension to it. You didn't know who was going to snap first, who was gonna fuck it up.

This season started good, but it has basically fell into the same shit that Season 2-3 fell into where nothing happens and the character drama is boring as shit.

All true but Jesus it's a bad 3 episode stretch. Every show has it. This thread sounds like it's the worst show ever put on tv.

I don't know that I've ever posted here for fear of spoilers, but my girl and I love the show and always had hope that the homie Glenn made it out alive.

All true but Jesus it's a bad 3 episode stretch. Every show has it. This thread sounds like it's the worst show ever put on tv.

because it's extremely annoying to watch the show go through the same loops of characters doing some of the most retarded shit to try and jump start drama.

What happened this episode with the wire was about on par with everyone sending Glenn down a fucking well to get a festering zombie out so "the water isn't contaminated".

Maybe it's time for the show to admit that our main characters just aren't that interesting anymore. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but if the best they can do is writing stupid drama like that with Rick, maybe they need to go "Band of Brothers" route and simply have Rick be the Winters of the show. Important and lead character to start, but move into the background as other more interesting characters take the lead so the show can branch out.

I loved Season 4 because we left Rick and went to The Governor and saw his group and story. If I had my way I would have had The Governor take over the prison, kill off a bunch of the main group and have the season follow The Governor's group till Rick and Co. showed back up again.

dustyherb

Plenty of stuff has happened. Is it non stop action with Rick and the gang surviving and slaughtering bad guys? No of course not, even the comic book is people sitting around talking to each other about how they feel half the time. Maggie being pregnant, Rick teaching Ron to shoot, Daryl's crossbow and bike being stolen by Dwight, seeing a new group of bad guys, learning more about Morgan's philosophy on not killing, Abe and Sasha getting closer (how will it effect Rosita). This is all important stuff whether you like the characters and what's going on it all matters.

I agree that these last four episodes where slow with not moving the herd plot forward but all these episodes were needed. Plenty of stuff happened we just won't see most of it play out till the other half of this season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What happened this episode with the wire was about on par with everyone sending Glenn down a fucking well to get a festering zombie out so "the water isn't contaminated".

The well thing was worse because it was a dumb decision made by the group - the decision to crawl across the wire was made by a single inexperienced dude, which makes it far more believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom