• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I just saw that, didnt realize there was an after credit scene.
Ive always thought Negan was pronounced like Megan, gonna take awhile to get use to the long e sound.

Preview Spoiler

I've been pronouncing it same as you since he first appeared. Not sure if I can change my ways now. It's like the "gif or jif" thing.

I feel like they should have done more with the after credits scene, just mentioning Negan is absolutely meaningless to anyone that doesn't follow what's happening in the comics.

LaNaranja

Damn shame Morgan went full Tyrese, I guess Dr.Dre is the chosen one now.
they essentially made a interesting character dumb as shit or as I would like to say, he is the new Tyrese

Y'all are crazy, Tyreese wasn't even bad, especially compared to Morgan. I actually like how he contrasted from his comic book counter part. They went in opposite but equally interesting directions after the hammer time incident. Show Tyreese was trying to do the right thing and be a better person but Morgan is just simplifying everything too much. Morgan never would have let Carol shoot that crazy girl.

Fuck Into The Badlands. Don't even know what it is, but I've not watched it simply out of how manipulative the scheduling is trying to keep Walking Dead viewers tuned to the channel.
Not watching into the shit lands simply out of principle

This is how I feel. Maybe I will check it out now that Walking Dead is on break but I don't like the way they have been trying to force people to watch it to see Walking Dead shit.

Deanna; "I'm not a zombie!"
Rick: "Then why are you eating Judith?!"

This made me laugh out loud like an asshole.

This is how I feel. Maybe I will check it out now that Walking Dead is on break but I don't like the way they have been trying to force people to watch it to see Walking Dead shit.
You're missing out. The fight scenes put most modern movie choreography to shame. They spent six days filming each fight.

I find the story interesting, but it's really the fight scenes that draw me back

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 608: “Start to Finish”

WR3eaDA.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 608, “Start to Finish” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 608: “Start to Finish” - AMC
  • Prologue to the Next Chapter - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • Carol's current weapon of choice is the trench knife, distinctive for its integrated knuckle guard. However, Melissa McBride considers Carol's ability to adapt to be her deadliest weapon.
  • There were four “Impaled Walkers” among the invading herd. These walkers are a tribute to a classic kill from the horror movie The Omen.
  • This was Seth Gilliam's first experience working with such a large number of walkers. “It was kind of like Black Friday, except everyone was a walker.”
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

a916

Can they off Morgan? How does a character this stupid exist 6 seasons in?

Nothing makes me roll my eyes as much when there can be someone this obtuse as a plot device... great. Not only did you almost get Rick killed now that poor doctor girl might die too. What an imbecile. I'm Rick, I walk straight up to him and kill him or kick his ass out of the group before he gets any more people killed.

Add to all the character episodes in the earlier episodes and the trodding pace of this episode, this is really why I hate this TV show. Way too many "get to the damn point already" filler episodes. Absolutely stupid... whereas in Game of Thrones, you can feel like every single scene is important, it moves the story forward.

2 maybe 3 good episodes and started off with so much promise and it just absolutely lost all it's momentum.

There are winter times in the comics, and it effects the walkers. I don't know that they'll ever do it on the show because they've had the chance before and have always opted for timeskips. Much more complex to film a show that is largely outdoors in winter weather.

Roussow

Can they off Morgan? How does a character this stupid exist 6 seasons in?

Nothing makes me roll my eyes as much when there can be someone this obtuse as a plot device... great. Not only did you almost get Rick killed now that poor doctor girl might die too. What an imbecile. I'm Rick, I walk straight up to him and kill him or kick his ass out of the group before he gets any more people killed.

He only became this pacifist very late. Before this he was more or less an unhinged Carol, extremely competent with no remorse. Even even his philosophy has proven only to put people in danger (arguably even get them killed), at the very least, he's still incredibly competent in combat.

Kard8p3

OK I'm going to read the comics from #79 which I believe is closest to where we are. Can someone tell me the major differences up to current between the comics and show?

Here's what I know so far:
The following characters don't exist:
- Daryl
- Carol
- Morgan

I know I'm late, but...

Carol and Morgan do exist, just differently. Carol suicides by walker in the Prison Arc. She pulls a Day of the Dead by trying to make a walker docile. Morgan is not some pacifist ninja.

When they handed over their guns to the wolf, I literally said, "Okay, fuck it, I agree with the wolf. These people don't deserve to live."

We need more semi-competent characters. I feel like we have too much of a gap between very competent characters like Rick, Carl, Daryl, Carol, Glenn, Michonne, etc (except wehn the plot needs them to take stupid pills).... and complete morons like the non-Carl kids, Spencer, etc.

People can get into bad situations by doing things that are normal. A traumatized kid who lived upstairs because he was so afraid of monsters, and is now literally covered in monster guts and walking in the middle of them constantly calling out "mom!" is not normal.

Tabris

Oh man I love Carl, comic spoilers:

"If we kill all these bad guys, will you start giving us half of your food and stuff?"

I'm up to comic 96 :O It's good! I think I may be nearing end of season 6 territory.

EDIT re: show vs Comic 97 -
They are introducing Negan before Hilltop?

EDIT 2 - HOLY SHIT I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT @ Comic 98

EDIT 3 - I gotta say, TV Glenn and Maggie are so much better then Comic Glenn and Maggie as characters. But Michonne is a deeper character in the comics with actual "love" interests.

Actually all the comic characters are better then their TV alternatives except for Glenn and Maggie. Well I do like tv show Carl and Rick just as much, but the rest are inferior.

Tabris

Well yup, Comic 100.
I get it now. I knew it was happening but not like that. I'm angry.

So end of season 6 is probably there. So let's see everything that needs to be covered:

- Jessie and kids dieing and Rick leaving them to die to save Carl.
- Carl getting shot
- Killing the horde (this was my favourite moment so far)
- Establishing the community
- Meeting Jesus (this character is amazing, who is going to be this on the show?)
- Introduction to Hilltop
- Introduction to Saviours
- Negan

That's a lot to cover, especially with how the current season has gone by so far.

Morgan managed to infuriate me more in that scene than Andrea and Lori ever did and that's saying something. Seriously, WTF. The poor doctor girl...

otapnam

I just fast forward thru the eps on my dvr now. This show is too much rinse n repeat - characters make the same stupid mistakes. Not sure if itll ever change much before the show ends :/

Roussow

The Walking Dead Season 2 (The Telltale game spoiler)
I was shocked a Walker didn't immediately take a chunk out of Sam when he started calling for his Mom. Remember when Carlos took a bullet while camouflaged, he let out the slightest of gasps, and was taken the fuck out immediately, to be fair Sarah didn't get fucked up somehow, but i'll just view that as a plot contrivance.
I really hope we cut right back to that scene in February and we see (future comic spoiler)
The Jessie hand hack scene play out, Rick had an axe and everything.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ah, that's who said help.

Ah, right. I forgot about that.

Deanna; "I'm not a zombie!"
Rick: "Then why are you eating Judith?!"

lol

This doesn't feel like a mid season finale, sure shit could get worse in the last 10 minutes, but who knows.

Yeah, it did feel pretty tame for a mid season finale. Not enough happened to warrant the hype. I get that you have to end the mid season with a cliffhanger or a big moment so you can come back 2 months later to something really exciting, and I know that no one is going to care a year from now when the whole season is on Netflix, but they have to remember that the people watching weekly have to be satisfied as well. And all this build up for "...Mom...mom...mom" then "See you in 2 months!" wasn't enough, at least not for me. That was easily the weakest midseason finale yet.

Tabris

OK, up to Comic 103 and I gotta say that this will make for some excellent television.

For those down on the series, you have a lot to look forward to.

Tabris

Can all the comic discussion go to the comic thread please?

It's cluttering up this thread.

Sorry didn't realize there was a comic thread. I was posting in here a bit because my only basis is the tv show against reading the comic. The exact opposite of the rest of the people.

someday

Banned
Sorry didn't realize there was a comic thread. I was posting in here a bit because my only basis is the tv show against reading the comic. The exact opposite of the rest of the people.
A lot of people in this thread haven't read the comics. Otherwise spoiler tags wouldn't be required.

I sincerely hope Carol gains consciousness before Morgan and proceeds to slit that dumb motherfucker's throat. Followed by the three idiots who let the wolf go with all their guns. I seriously don't get how such dumb people managed to survive so long in the first place.

The scene where Carol dupes Morgan into thinking she's resting before switching off the light and sneaking off was so badass. She's the best character by far and I disagree with those saying she's unhinged right now. She is actually the most rational person in this group of idiots. If she winds up dying because of some idiot like Morgan I'll be beyond furious.

Gonzalez

Banned
I just saw that, didnt realize there was an after credit scene.
Ive always thought Negan was pronounced like Megan, gonna take awhile to get use to the long e sound.
I had it right from the start. I guess it made sense to pronounce it like that, because of how much of a Biff Tannen like bully that character is.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I sincerely hope Carol gains consciousness before Morgan and proceeds to slit that dumb motherfucker's throat. Followed by the three idiots who let the wolf go with all their guns. I seriously don't get how such dumb people managed to survive so long in the first place.

The scene where Carol dupes Morgan into thinking she's resting before switching off the light and sneaking off was so badass. She's the best character by far and I disagree with those saying she's unhinged right now. She is actually the most rational person in this group of idiots. If she winds up dying because of some idiot like Morgan I'll be beyond furious.

I definitely disagree with Carol being rational in this episode. I understand her reasoning, but that was not the time. She could have come back and killed the guy later or they'd have to leave him there to die. But getting into a knife fight with Morgan at that moment was not in any way a reasonable way to deal with the situation, even if you do think the guy is a threat and don't agree with Morgan's philosophy.

Carol has a history of being...umm quick to make life or death decisions. She killed all those sick people in the prison. Yeah, they needed to be away from everyone else, but she singularly decided to kill them and burn the bodies without telling anyone. She is a bit unhinged. She's useful, and I like the transformation her character has taken, but she isn't anything close to approaching stable or reasonable. Rick is more tuned into reality and compromise than her, and that's saying something.

zer0das

Banned
I really feel like they're treading water with all these cliff hangers. I think even the first half of season 2 was better than this. Would it kill them to end an episode with everything reasonably resolved for once? Good lord.

If the second half of this season is this slow, I'm probably done with this show.

Angry Fork

Morgan needs to be killed off asap, one of the most annoying and dumbest characters the show has ever had. At least Carol didn't die yet which is good.

Kind of a bad episode imo, nothing happened. W guy left and the older lady died. I was hoping for/expecting an explanation for 1. how the tower fell, 2. a reunion between crew's, 3. them escaping and going somewhere at least.

Carl gets a few points for dealing with the kid in his own way but I still don't like him and never will.

Zaph

Overall, strong half-season, but the writers need to get better at writing cliffhangers. Between the Glenn thing (which just created a no-win situation) and the very anti-climatic mid season finale, rather than using cliffhangers to build suspense, they're just turning off viewers.

Without going into detail, at times it feels like the writers are creating a better show for comic readers. There seem to be so many little scenes and moments of 'will they/wont they' which I imagine are lost to non-readers.

masud

Banned
My dvr may have cut off the end, did it end right as the boy was calling for his mom?
EDIT re: show vs Comic 97 -
They are introducing Negan before Hilltop?

Looks like it. And I think its a stupid choice.
There was a period of calm and optimism after the horde and them finding Hilltop that Negan interrupts. It's part of what makes his intro so impactful. Not only that but the discovery of other friendly communities was a pretty big deal in the comics It looks like it's gonna be glossed over on the show/.

sfedai0

Banned
The pace of this show is really starting to get tiring, Little to no character development, horrible filler dialogue. One of these core characters needs to die and die soon. This show feels like its just floundering around.

I definitely disagree with Carol being rational in this episode. I understand her reasoning, but that was not the time. She could have come back and killed the guy later or they'd have to leave him there to die. But getting into a knife fight with Morgan at that moment was not in any way a reasonable way to deal with the situation, even if you do think the guy is a threat and don't agree with Morgan's philosophy.

Carol has a history of being...umm quick to make life or death decisions. She killed all those sick people in the prison. Yeah, they needed to be away from everyone else, but she singularly decided to kill them and burn the bodies without telling anyone. She is a bit unhinged. She's useful, and I like the transformation her character has taken, but she isn't anything close to approaching stable or reasonable. Rick is more tuned into reality and compromise than her, and that's saying something.

Ok, yeah, she could've handled the situation better at that moment, but I think her having a concussion made her more impulsive than she already is. I still think that overall she is a character who makes rational decisions in irrational ways. Does that make more sense haha. In any case I find her very entertaining and hope she sticks around for a long time dispensing her brand of justice, starting with that stick wielding fool.

Consumer

It's strange that most people dislike Morgan, while Eastman is generally well-praised, despite Morgan being smarter & more sensible than his teacher. You can see his resemblance to Eastman as he consistently quotes his lines (even in this episode, "I won't let you kill me" to the wolf), yet Morgan actually locked up the wolf (whereas Eastman didn't lock up Morgan). His ideologies are evolved & superior to those of Eastman, so why is he seemingly not as well-liked as Eastman?

Their ideologies from The Art of Peace do work, you know.
Look at how rash & mindless the wolves were in JSS; they were killing everyone without hesitation, and the main wolf kept trying to attack Morgan. But despite being free with a knife & gun in the latest episode, the wolf definitely seemed more calm & controlled, seemingly affected by what the doctor was telling him.

I'm just clueless as to how people can watch Here's Not Here and still think that changing the wolf's attitude is a lost cause. Other than his tone & demeanour, he's no different than Morgan.

Morgan needs to be killed off asap, one of the most annoying and dumbest characters the show has ever had. At least Carol didn't die yet which is good.

Kind of a bad episode imo, nothing happened. W guy left and the older lady died. I was hoping for/expecting an explanation for 1. how the tower fell, 2. a reunion between crew's, 3. them escaping and going somewhere at least.

Carl gets a few points for dealing with the kid in his own way but I still don't like him and never will.

The tower was badly damaged by the truck crash, and it was slowly starting to crumble last episode.

This season was rather boring, as was the finale. Now that that infamous character is here, maybe things will pick up. Also, watching Talking Dead paid off because of AMC's desperate attempts to get people to watch their other shows. A preview is acceptable, but don't pull that shit for a part of an episode.

It's strange that most people dislike Morgan, while Eastman is generally well-praised, despite Morgan being smarter & more sensible than his teacher. You can see his resemblance to Eastman as he consistently quotes his lines (even in this episode, "I won't let you kill me" to the wolf), yet Morgan actually locked up the wolf (whereas Eastman didn't lock up Morgan). His ideologies are evolved & superior to those of Eastman, so why is he seemingly not as well-liked as Eastman?

Look at how rash & mindless the wolves were in JSS; they were killing everyone without hesitation, and the main wolf kept trying to attack Morgan. But despite being free with a knife & gun in the latest episode, the wolf definitely seemed more calm & controlled, seemingly affected by what the doctor was telling him.

I'm just clueless as to how people can watch Here's Not Here and still think that changing the wolf's attitude is a lost cause. Other than his tone & demeanour, he's no different than Morgan.
Damn, I just realized that Morgan was trying to do same with the Wolf that Eastman did with him

We didn't see Eastman's bad choices lead to death (other than the goat I guess?)

It's a mindset that might work ok for a lonely guy out in the woods. If he winds up too trusting of someone he can't fix, he dies, and thats that. Morgan's decisions effect a whole town of people, and have already caused some of them to die.

Pepiope

Even Eastman would kill true evil.

sörine

Banned

I think you could argue Carol was caught up in the heat of the moment (and so she pushed the issue when she'd have been better off placating Morgan's insanity to wait for her moment) but she's been completely rational for awhile now. She knows she moved too fast at the prison and that's a decision she's regretted ever since. She's shown remorse and despair repeatedly for necessary kills she's been forced to make (Lizzie, Erin, etc) and it totally baffles me when people try to position her in some false equivalency with Morgan. She's not that at all, the opposite equivalent of current Morgan was Mogan immediately preceeding his new age rebirth at camp Tabitha. The inverse of killing no one at any cost is killing everyone at any cost and that isn't Carol. She may be hardline but she isn't insane. Morgan's insane.

And Carol was right anyway about the Wolf, killing him immediately was absolutely the right decision. He was waiting for for his opportunity and predicably Morgan handed it right to him. Which is becoming something of a pattern for Morgan and these Wolves. He's really their greatest ally at this point, he's successfully prevented more of their deaths than he has the Alexandrians at their hands by my count. Poor Denise, even if she survives the horde I'm sure she's in for a horror show when they get back to the rest of the pack. And that's entirely on Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom