• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

I think Lost and Alias proved that viewers are smart enough to know what is a flashback without having to do all the scenes in black-and-white.

neoism

bet it was the shitty kid with the horn....

overall th whole plan was fucking stupid... why not just but more car or something at the rock quarry.. why lan them even closer to the home... oveall it didnt make any scene and was dumb... still lved it overall.. and i like the black and white use..and it begining non linear

so fucking happy carter is dun... so fucking annoying..

but if it was me i would have used fire or something.. at the quarry.. i mean as e quarry closer to the community? seems like it wasnt?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Most cinematic =/= best

It was a pretty good premier, but I wouldn't say it was a strong episode. It set up the problem facing Alexandria (numerous walkers, the Wolves/hunters) and showed that not everyone in the city trusts Rick or his "Ricktatorship" and sometimes that'll bite them in the ass (the construction worker red shirt this episode).

Should be a good season to play off that dynamic. Double so with Morgan.

overall th whole plan was fucking stupid... why not just but more car or something at the rock quarry.. why lan them even closer to the home... oveall it didnt make any scene and was dumb... still lved it overall.. and i like the black and white use..and it begining non linear

Try backing a semi-truck trailer with no experience near a rock quarry CLIFF. Go on, I'll wait while you tip over to your death.

but if it was me i would have used fire or something.. at the quarry.. i mean as e quarry closer to the community? seems like it wasnt?

It was close to Alexandria and is on the "outskirts of DC" as soon as that trailer went over, the northern side of the Quarry was open to allow them to head toward Alexandria. Hence, why everyone was trying to lead them EAST from Alexandria and circling around the Quarry to lead them away.

neoism

It was a pretty good premier, but I wouldn't say it was a strong episode. It set up the problem facing Alexandria (numerous walkers, the Wolves/hunters) and showed that not everyone in the city trusts Rick or his "Ricktatorship" and sometimes that'll bite them in the ass (the construction worker red shirt this episode).

Should be a good season to play off that dynamic. Double so with Morgan.

Try backing a semi-truck trailer with no experience near a rock quarry CLIFF. Go on, I'll wait while you tip over to your death.

It was close to Alexandria and is on the "outskirts of DC" as soon as that trailer went over, the northern side of the Quarry was open to allow them to head toward Alexandria. Hence, why everyone was trying to lead them EAST from Alexandria and circling around the Quarry to lead them away.

fuck this ipad.. but yeah i know the truck fell and they had to just do it right there but they had been planning for awhile building those walls and stuff.. plus they didnt have to use semi trucks... they could have used cars or built the wall their... the plan seemed like more work than they should have done.... but killing them with fire or something as soon as they found them would have been better..... i know it was a plot thang to get zombies at the communtiy otherwise it would have been boring shit at the houses and almost no zombies..

jond76

Banned
Was looking back at the start of this thread and didn't see it mentioned, but surely when the truck fell and things kicked off, Abraham yells "we'll do it live!", which had to be a reference to the Bill O'Reilly outtake. I laughed.

fuck this ipad.. but yeah i know the truck fell and they had to just do it right there but they had been planning for awhile building thoughs walls and stuff.. plus they didnt have to use semi trucks... they could have used cars or built the wall their... the plan seemed like more work than they should have done.... but killing them with fire or something as soon as they found them would have been better..... i know it was a plot thang to get zombies at the communtiy otherwise it would have been boring shit at the houses and almost no zombies..
How much oil and gas would you need to kill an absolute massive army of thousands of walkers? There wouldn't have enough

neoism

How much oil and gas would you need to kill an absolute massive army of thousands of walkers? There wouldn't have enough

daryl has infinite :p

not sure but they could have burned at the front of the line, and used a few dozen molotovi cocktails for most of the rest, they could have used dinomate that should have been at the quarry... they could have done a bunch of stuff but i understand why it was done they had to have a plan go wrong to get zombie at their crib.. its just annoying lol could have been done smarter... but meh the ep was awesome just because carter got fucked.. lol no wonder they made him annoying lol...

also soo does anyone know how much time has gone by? wasnt it like 500+ days or something.. for the whole series!?

border

daryl has infinite :p

also soo does anyone know how much time has gone by? wasnt it like 500+ days or something.. for the whole series!?
I was thinking about how much time has passed just today. I guess it is probably been quite a bit since the show has to account for the aging of Carl's actor. At least a couple years I guess. I wonder if at some point they will have to kill off Carl just to slow the passage of time.

Effect

Could the fire that results even be hot enough to melt them down instead of just creating fire walkers that continue to come toward you? We've seen fire walkers already in the show as well. Anything short of a napalm bomb likely isn't going to do anything when it comes to using fire against walkers..

border

Could the fire that results even be hot enough to melt them down instead of just creating fire walkers that continue to come toward you? We've seen fire walkers already in the show as well. Anything short of a napalm bomb likely isn't going to do anything when it comes to using fire against walkers..
I can't imagine that a walker's brain could sustain itself in the midst of 400°F temperatures. Fire would definitely work pretty well, so long as it was sustained fire over a period of time. Of course they probably won't try it since it would open up all kinds of plot loopholes.

I was thinking about how much time has passed just today. I guess it is probably been quite a bit since the show has to account for the aging of Carl's actor. At least a couple years I guess. I wonder if at some point they will have to kill off Carl just to slow the passage of time.

Judith still can't walk, hasn't been that long.

Desean101

Banned
I can't imagine that a walker's brain could sustain itself in the midst of 400°F temperatures. Fire would definitely work pretty well, so long as it was sustained fire over a period of time. Of course they probably won't try it since it would open up all kinds of plot loopholes.

But then you don't have any Vehicles to go get supplies because you have used most of all your local gas supply. Also They had to get into the Quarry to get the Dynamite. The Mall construction zone where they were last season wouldn't have any at all.

You are living in fantasy land where one fire would get all them. You would barely get one 1/8th of them if that while the walkers wander around.

Using fire is literally the worst idea when its like a thousand of them. You lead them to a cliff they can fall off of or into some kind of canyon or something. They have neither option really so they are leading them a long damn far away from them before letting them disperse .

TheSeks

Yeah, but they're shambling corpses. I don't think a sustained fire would stay on their bodies long enough without the clothes burning away to do enough damage to their brain.

Now I'm wanting to see the Mythbusters test this with a flame suit but it's pretty highly dangerous to attempt to test that with an actual human or animal...

border said:
I think Lost and Alias proved that viewers are smart enough to know what is a flashback without having to do all the scenes in black-and-white.

Sure, but coming back from a 6+ month time-frame and quickly glossing over the cliffhanger to do back and forth? It'd be a little jarring to people. I can see why they colored it the way they did to make sure people caught up to the current time/pushing the walkers out.

border

You are living in fantasy land where one fire would get all them. You would barely get one 1/8th of them if that while the walkers wander around.

Using fire is literally the worst idea when its like a thousand of them.
The nice thing about fire is that it spreads very easily in confined spaces. Especially if a walker's corpse and clothes are completely dried out from sitting in the hot sun of a quarry all day with no shade. You don't need 100 firebombs to kill them all, you just need a few well placed fires.

If you are of the opinion the the fire would burn out before short-circuiting a walker's brain, then there isn't much risk in at least trying firebombs since the fire would quickly burn out anyway.

I yelled out "Preston, noooooooo!"
yeah, i just kept yelling no, no, no.

i would've much rather nicholas killed off and preston take his place.
Yeah, I thought he'd atleast get to do something cool at the front first after that handshake.
what handshake? i missed pieces of this episode.
What's 20 miles west of Alexandria? RIP to those people lol
they will
rot in pieces
So, Glenn and Rat-face are buddies now?
seems like it. and it does kinda bother me.

also, did they show any reprimanding to gabriel? because he really fucking deserved some.
Damn.......this seasons off to an insane start
so was the last season. quite unbelievable actually.
Holy hell Enid, that's a lot of blood.
huh?
Everyone on the internet seems to hate Chris Hardwick, but I've pretty much enjoyed everything he's done since Web Soup. Am I alone in this?
what?
i don't get it, what's to hate about chris hardwick? he's a good host imo.
I bet 100 dollars it's fucking Gabriel honking the horn.
why the fuck would he even do that unless it was some stupid mistake
Carl was horny
what?
Why do people hate Chris Hardwick anyway? Did he do something to people?
i'd like to know this too.
I think the black and white was more of a homage to the show's comic origins
that's a cool way to look at it.
Damn, I did not expect Ethan Embry to go so soon.
same. so sad.

TheSeks

So, Glenn and Rat-face are buddies now?

No, but like Maggie said: "You were on the other side of that fence when the Governor attacked and now you're here with us. People can change." It's why she didn't go forward to Deanna about Rat-face killing Noah off. Same with the Lesbian Cop following Maggie's lead and why Glenn didn't kill him. Glenn feels like eventually Rat-face will do the right thing and kill himself or sacrifice himself or something to atone for the "sins" of running away/killing Noah.

It's also why Glenn told him to hang back while the one other runner for Alexandria and him dealt with the zombies at the Farm Supply place. While I think that logic (dude had knives and guns to kill Glenn with, though in front of the other runner... probably not) is a bit flimsy, I can see where they're coming from.

Desean101

Banned
The nice thing about fire is that it spreads very easily in confined spaces. Especially if a walker's corpse and clothes are completely dried out from sitting in the hot sun of a quarry all day with no shade. You don't need 100 firebombs to kill them all, you just need a few well placed fires.

If you are of the opinion the the fire would burn out before short-circuiting a walker's brain, then there isn't much risk in at least trying firebombs since the fire would quickly burn out anyway.

How is a fire going to spread on a Quarry? its nothing but dirt and more dirt and some machines. Unless you have a drone or a rc car that can drag gas everywhere the fire isn't going to catch and become big enough for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom