• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy Morgan let live and leave with the gun is gonna use that gun to kill a main character. I just know it.

Can't just be a main character, it has to be someone that hits close to home. I'm calling Carl. It'll be something that gets him to truly understand Rick's worldview these days.

The crafty Wolves who set up traps for wayward travelers and can capture and contain a small horde of walkers seems like a far cry from the massacring gang here

Both numbers are just from AMC's network, so the US.

The 14M number was without live+3, the 19.5 is with live+3 included. Basically live+3 includes three days of time-shifted viewing so people that recorded it with DVR are also taken into account.

The estimated world-wide number is unknown but we do know the new episode broke S5 records pretty much everywhere internationally. That includes arguably the second biggest TWD market [Fox UK] that had its highest overnight audience in history.

OK. so all previous records 17m from lat year, that was without the live+3?

The pacifism angle is pretty exhausting at this point. It strains belief even in a show set in a universe with walking corpses.

There isn't room for half-measures and mercy in this particular universe and anyone who had survived this long outside of Alexandria's walls would know why that is.

The pacifism angle is pretty exhausting at this point. It strains belief even in a show set in a universe with walking corpses.

There isn't room for half-measures and mercy in this particular universe and anyone who had survived this long outside of Alexandria's walls would know why that is.
Well, obviously something happened. We've seen Morgan when he had zero room for half-measures and mercy

Something changed him since then

Well you have to look at Morgan's story. He's basically the version of Rick that didn't kill Shane but found another way. Will it likely get him and other people killed? Maybe. But I think it's important that we have a reminder that killing people indiscriminately is still grotesque, even if it seems necessary at times.

I like to think about it like this; if you believe the world it shit, then you will shit on it and it will shit on you. But if you believe the world is in need of help, then you will help it and it will help you. On the show Rick is the former, Morgan is the latter. They are doppelgängers of each other. One decided to go left, the other right.

Gorillaz

The writers mentioned that there will be a bottle episode (at least i think a botwle)bout morgan and what actually happened to him in terms of his new codes of life

Ill wait till before I go against him on his viewpoints.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I'm going deaf - what did Morgan say when Gabriel asked him who taught him? a change agent? I couldn't tell.

Carol is so badass I'm afraid the writers will feel the need to kill her off so she doesn't steal any of Rick's thunder. That would be a dumb move, but you never know.

Also, I'm n'thing everyone who says that Carl needs a haircut.

How fucked would this town be without Rick's people?

I think you mean Carol's people. :)

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 602: “JSS”

QNEMk7M.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 602, “JSS” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 602: “JSS” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 603, “Thank You” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 603, “Thank You” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • The actors playing the Wolves were told to be as mean as possible. Off camera, their biggest concern was who had the largest and best looking “W” scar.
  • Director Jen Lynch hand-selected specific weapons for each assailant. Leftover butcher knives from Terminus and Bowie knives from the Claimers were used to arm the Wolves.
  • The Wolves' attacked played out in real time, lasting 45 minutes. It was the exact length of time it look Carol's casserole to bake.
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
Does anyone care to speculate?
Is Negan the leader of this group, and the wolves are the lowest caste? Hence, when the wolf said "we didn't choose"

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wish I could time travel to a Season 1 or 2 era and tell people that there would be a strong consensus that Carol is one of the main badass characters on this show.

They knocked it out of the park again. Show really found its footing under Gimple. There were so many little touches. Like after the attack, the timed goes off and Carl takes dinner out of the oven like nothing happened. Or Carol and Morgan passing each other in the street, like workers coming home from a long day in the office.

Glad we finally got to see The Wolves. Their presence has hungover the characters for awhile. I particularly enjoyed how it just happened. No prelude or dramatic moment. Life is calm one minute, and horrific the next.

Aren't things still going to be going haywire since the horn would have distracted some of the walkers from the route they were on?

I guess it shows how competent the people are in Alexandria are that Carol didn't seem worried about being shot by any of them when she was dressed up as one of the Wolves. And I know most of the group is out trying to lead the walkers away, but they should probably have left someone that's actually capable behind as a lookout.

The shot where Carol is looking out the window and the guy comes out of nowhere and kills that woman might be my favorite shot in the series.

Absolutely brutal, no warning, no frills, just all there in its rawness.

That was a good episode, I wasn't big on the last one because it had a first year student film vibe to the way it was shot/edited, this actually felt like a real episode. I'm glad Carol got to be badass again, that really built up. Morgan is starting to get old, I can get the not wanting to kill thing in most situations, but dozens of people are literally getting butchered in front of him and he's standing there like a jackass, they're going to have to reveal some earth shattering shit about Morgan to justify that. And yea, they gotta do something about Carl's hair, unless they show how he carries around a crank-powered straightening iron and half a backpack full of hairspray to maintain that luscious post-apocalyptic-scene-kid look.

I'm so pleased what the show has done with Jessie in comparison to her comic counterpart, she's fantastic.

Ross Marquand did an amazing job at the end, too. Poor Aaron.

Kadin

And yea, they gotta do something about Carl's hair, unless they show how he carries around a crank-powered straightening iron and half a backpack full of hairspray to maintain that luscious post-apocalyptic-scene-kid look.
I thought this exact same thing the moment he and Enid were in the house back to back talking. Just doesn't seem very realistic in that world.

why don't the wolves use guns?

It's hard to say considering we know so little about them, but presumably there'd be some relatively sane ones in this group that are the leaders and planners, and they use the type that were in this episode as shock troops, similar to the way they weaponize walkers. And giving guns to these people you're treating like animals is probably not the smartest idea.

They were capturing some people. I would guess they are doing that to get new blood to break mentally and turn into more wolves. That one who Morgan told to leave said that it "wasn't their choice".

Best case scenario, that one who took the gun does something good with it.

Tabris

Nah, I think guns just aren't that common anymore as time goes by.

Sure America is full of guns, but how much ammo is still out there after years and years? The first Wolves guy that meets with Morgan had a gun with no ammo.

How many guns are probably hidden under dead bodies because people got swarmed, or still hidden in peoples houses? or no longer work?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So...

that was easily one of the most thrilling (and violent!) episodes of the series to date. Carol is a beast!

Very impressed by how this season is turning out. It's really not what I expected at all.

Carol got an A for that mission

It would of been an S if Morgan didn't let them leave the mission area.

lmao

Of all the times in the show they have split the group and told different story threads, this is one of the stronger examples.

I agree. They can get a lot of dramatic mileage out of splitting the larger group into several smaller groups, and I feel like this is one of the more exciting and clever ways in which they've done it thus far.

Tabris

Plus how many groups out there are probably hoarding guns? Look at the amount of guns vs people that Alexandria has. They have a full armoury. I have a feeling that's quite rare out there and most groups are roaming out there with rudimentary weaponry. It also talks to the whole "returning back to primal".

Plus firearms attract walkers, so how many people died due to firing off their guns and attracting the hoards?

Carol has outclassed Daryl at this point. Best character on the show.

I knew as soon as Morgan got surrounded that he was gonna go Rafiki on those motherfuckers. Dude's gonna have to learn to kill someone by the end of this season.

These two episodes are promising as fuck for this season. Haven't enjoyed the show this much in a long time.

The Ricktatorship is in, and they are putting fools down quick this season. Loving it.

You just know punkass kid and Enid are gonna fuck it all up soon. Probably ran off to join the wolves, the ungrateful fucks.

Wonder if Rick's new hottie is gonna have to drop her own son, or what. Maybe the little brother?

ok, what the hell is CM Punk doing that's preventing him from appearing on next week's Talking Dead with YNB? I don't think he's making his UFC debut anytime soon

Can't just be a main character, it has to be someone that hits close to home. I'm calling Carl. It'll be something that gets him to truly understand Rick's worldview these days.

good call, as long as Judith is alive Carl's odds of dying are always going to remain at 50%. I'm thinking Carl and Glenn this season. It looked like Glenn getting stabbed by Nick in the season trailer. Nick's got a crazy look in his eyes, like he's looking someone in the face while stabbing downwards. It could be someone else but he's not killing a walker like that.

Tabris

They won't kill Carl. Carl will outlast Rick.

I bet you the finale is Carl on his own. Rick sacrificing himself so Carl lives.

masud

Banned
Does anyone care to speculate?
Is Negan the leader of this group, and the wolves are the lowest caste? Hence, when the wolf said "we didn't choose"

*comic spoilers*
Really hope not. They shouldn't rush into Negan. They still need to go into the Hilltop, Jesus and all that stuff before they gat to him

jediyoshi

The shootout scenes that involved a lot of movement were ace. Carol running down the street popping off and those two folks getting the raiders from the porch stood out to me.

Huge improvement and change of pace over the endless magazine automatic assault rifle spray or people hiding behind cover for a million years.

UberTag

I'm convinced there's a mole, and it's clearly
Enid
'Fraid not. No mole necessary here as all of the bread crumbs were laid out for us nicely in last season's finale.

The dude Morgan took down at the end of tonight's ep was the same guy that attacked him late last season with his buddy. They would later take down red poncho dude near the booby-trapped cannery where Aaron and Daryl were ambushed and rescued by Morgan. Aaron left his backpack behind which is where this guy obtained the pictures and location of Alexandria so he could round up his buddies and attack.

They probably waited until Rick and the gang had skidaddled to herd some zombies before making their move but no informant was needed for this venture. Morgan spared the dude that would eventually fuck over the entire city. And then spared more Wolves tonight who would escape with a gun and will no doubt cause more carnage in the future.

In short, Morgan's mercy has been the death of Alexandria. A far worse plague on the city than Rick Grimes.

Jeez Carol murdered like 9 people in this episode.
Still a smaller body count than what she and her zombie posse reaped on Terminus in last season's premiere.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I really though Carl was going to take the meal out of the oven and then notice Judith missing from the crib on the baby monitor.

Also seemed like the girl was with the Wolves, perhaps previously, they way she half said "That's how we..." speaking towards how the camp was raided. I missed the first minute of the episode where she was being introduced so not sure if I missed something in her intro (turned on when she was hiding behind the sheet of wood). Actually thought she was going to stab Carl at some point with her (at the time seemingly ominous) "I won't say goodbye".

ViciousDS

Banned
I really though Carl was going to take the meal out of the oven and then notice Judith missing from the crib on the baby monitor.

Also seemed like the girl was with the Wolves, perhaps previously, they way she half said "That's how we..." speaking towards how the camp was raided. I missed the first minute of the episode where she was being introduced so not sure if I missed something in her intro (turned on when she was hiding behind the sheet of wood). Actually thought she was going to stab Carl at some point with her (at the time seemingly ominous) "I won't say goodbye".

Judith is still in the house correct? I swera I don't ever remember anything showing the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom