• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

keuja

Fucking Morgan... Still refusing to pull the trigger... If he had killed the two wolves before, it might have helped saving a couple more people. And he again let the other guy go and with a gun... smh

Looks like we have a couple of Templar sympathizers here.
I don't like carol either but I think she did a lot of right this episode
Comic spoilers
i wouldn't expect Negan's group till second half of this season.i doubt these guys even know about Negan's group although it is always a possibility I really doubt it. We might see something from this first half tie into Negan's groups but I wouldn't expect it to be the wolves. We have to meet hilltop and Jesus before we really start dealing with negan and his guys.
i think I read an unconfirmed rumor that negan will appear in the season finale

Coolluck

I really enjoyed this episode. Last week gave me vibes of Helm's Deep with the CGI army of zombies and the horn at the end. This week lulled me into a false sense of complacency where I had completely forgotten about last week's episode and it didn't click until the horn appeared again.

That said, some people just want to find any little reason to hate the show. There were nitpicks to be had but a lot of them are coming across as people who aren't actively watching the show so they miss a lot of things.

dustyherb

I don't like carol either but I think she did a lot of right this episode
i think I read an unconfirmed rumor that negan will appear in the season finale
Comic spoiler
supposably it's supposed to be his intro from issue 100 of the comics. I hope it's all true cause that would be the best way to end this season.

dustyherb

The creators of the show said that she was one character they were unlikely to kill off. Couldn't find a proper link to an actual respected site. I know I read that though.

Edit - Which means she will die soon. I don't trust your comforting words you lying fucks.
I believe Robert Kirkman just said that recently actually but I wouldn't believe a word he says, just like the comics he loves trolling people especially when it comes to deaths. I doubt she will die anytime soon but who knows at this point. I really hope not.

Lorcain

The was a crazy episode. Carol saved Alexandria. That's the 2nd time in her post ZA life that she's saved an entire community or group by killing loads of bad guys. Even the residents that were defending themselves were just trying to survive. Carol took the fight to them and succeeded in driving them out.

I'm actually ok with Morgan's actions from a storytelling point of view. For me he represents a character trying to walk a different path. Unfortunately, the loose ends he leaves behind end up coming back to wreck other people.

It seems like the branded wolves are just fodder. I'm guessing in the hierarchy of the wolves, the branded are just one rung above branded walkers. I'm guessing they were captured people that have been broken and bent to their will.

I know I'm desensitized to human/zombie gore on the show when Enid scooping out raw turtle got to me more.

Already said a billion times but really hated Morgan that episode. It makes 0 fucking sense to act the way he did. Even Hershel who fucking proposed living with the Governor would have pulled the trigger in these circumstances.

*Wolf brutally chopping up an innocent person into pieces*
Morgan: Hey i don't want to kill you, so please leave kindly and don't come back to our safe community full of supplies and food. lolz

Ugh so much cringe. Either way, Carol is a fucking badass man. Love her so much.

dustyherb

how did 100 go?
Major comics spoiler! Don't read if you want something major spoiled.
Ricks group ends up killing some of Negan's men without realizing how dangerous Negan and the saviors are. The saviors with negan end up ambushing Rick with some of his group on their way to hilltop. Negan ends up doing eenie meenie miney moe on Rick's people and picks Glen. Then he proceeds to bash Glen's head in with his baseball bat called Lucille

if this does happen tho this way expect it to go down a little different maybe even who dies. People have been speculating that maybe this is where Daryl will bite it instead of Glen.

Catdaddy

Great start to the season.

Okay so where was the horde during all this? The truck horn goes off early on in the episode, and IIRC at the end of Ep1 the walkers were turning to the town and were near the walls when the horn was still sounding? I may have missed it, but was there any shots of the horde during the episode?

Morgan and his “I won’t kill – so I’ll poke you with my mop handle”, is rather odd considering the world they live in – I can see them having a Morgan episode, to explain what he’s been up to and whatever made him decide to go all out zen.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Already said a billion times but really hated Morgan that episode. It makes 0 fucking sense to act the way he did. Even Hershel who fucking proposed living with the Governor would have pulled the trigger in these circumstances.

*Wolf brutally chopping up an innocent person into pieces*
Morgan: Hey i don't want to kill you, so please leave kindly and don't come back to our safe community full of supplies and food. lolz

Ugh so much cringe. Either way, Carol is a fucking badass man. Love her so much.

Yeah I hated that. I understand his not wanting to kill but when you see these maniacs chopping your own people up in the streets you should probably realize that you aren't going to be able to reason with these people and that they are way beyond trying to save. Morgan has been such a fan favorite character but they are going to destroy his character with this nonsense.

Ovid

The was a crazy episode. Carol saved Alexandria. That's the 2nd time in her post ZA life that she's saved an entire community or group by killing loads of bad guys. Even the residents that were defending themselves were just trying to survive. Carol took the fight to them and succeeded in driving them out.

I'm actually ok with Morgan's actions from a storytelling point of view. For me he represents a character trying to walk a different path.
Exactly.

Look at the last scene of the episode. Carol and Morgan converging and then going in two different directions.

I enjoyed this episode and I enjoy the series.

kurahador

I laugh so hard at the scene where Morgan and the priest was just done tying up one of the wolf and Carol waltz in.

Damn awesome episode. The series pacing seems to be alot faster and more grand now which I'm guessing was to differentiate themselves from FoTWD.

Ovid

So what are the chances that the Wolves rigged the semi at the quarry to fall while Rick and the gang were there?

Seems a bit convenient that this semi (that had probably been there for years) fell and released thousands of walkers at the exact same time that Rick's group has there and Wolves were attacking town.
I don't think it was rigged. Rick knew it was going to fall sometime soon...but not that soon.

I believe he mentioned it in the first scene of episode 1.

Yeah I hated that. I understand his not wanting to kill but when you see these maniacs chopping your own people up in the streets you should probably realize that you aren't going to be able to reason with these people and that they are way beyond trying to save. Morgan has been such a fan favorite character but they are going to destroy his character with this nonsense.

I think they're kind of hinting that both Carol and Morgan are both going through some self reflection about the way they handle situations like this. Morgan is obviously questioning whether or not he should have killed the two guys he encountered in the woods after this event and Carol seems to be questioning her own morals....reflecting on what she was and what she's become.

The symbolism at the end where they meet in the street and walk away in opposite directions seems to show that. Maybe having them both act as polar opposite extremes and coming together will make them both realize there has to be some kind of middle ground where exceptions are made.

Lorcain

I don't think Morgan identifies Rick's group or the people of Alexandria as his people. He's a man walking a different path who I believe sees himself outside all groups.

[MASSIVE COMIC SPOILERS ISSUE 100]
Negan clubs Glenn to death in front of Maggie.

Major comics spoiler! Don't read if you want something major spoiled.
Ricks group ends up killing some of Negan's men without realizing how dangerous Negan and the saviors are. The saviors with negan end up ambushing Rick with some of his group on their way to hilltop. Negan ends up doing eenie meenie miney moe on Rick's people and picks Glen. Then he proceeds to bash Glen's head in with his baseball bat called Lucille

if this does happen tho this way expect it to go down a little different maybe even who dies. People have been speculating that maybe this is where Daryl will bite it instead of Glen.
they have been hitting us over the head with this easter egg what with
glenn's head about to get bashed in at terminus right before it's interrupted by gareth, and then again when they get to noah's ruined home where glenn takes a baseball bat.

x-Lundz-x

Carol is the best thing about this show right now. Her character transformation is something else. Amazing episode again last night, so far this season is blowing season 4 out of the water.

Nafai1123

Banned
Great start to the season.

Okay so where was the horde during all this? The truck horn goes off early on in the episode, and IIRC at the end of Ep1 the walkers were turning to the town and were near the walls when the horn was still sounding? I may have missed it, but was there any shots of the horde during the episode?

The episode was in real-time so they just haven't arrived yet. There was no indication they were near the walls when the horn was still sounding. It seems like they're a few miles away.

dustyherb

they have been hitting us over the head with this easter egg what with
glenn's head about to get bashed in at terminus right before it's interrupted by gareth, and then again when they get to noah's ruined home where glenn takes a baseball bat.
Comic spoilers
ya they really have been hinting at Glen with all his encounters with a baseball bat but they could just be screwing with us comic fans as well. No way to really know at this point, though one things for sure when all of this does happen in the show it's going to be a huge character who gets the death no matter what.

Unpopular opinion: I think if I have one issue with this episode its that Carol got a bit too much action... it was so much that she basically made everyone else look insignificant. Some of that should have been toned down and balanced out more. Maggie could of gotten more for example. She basically came off as a Superhero.

It's not too surprising though, after watching the DVD S5 commentaries, it seems like Gimple has a huge bias for her. That's usually okay but not when it's at the expense of other characters. Nobody was cheering for Morgan when he was tieing up that Wolve and Carol came to shoot him so that she could be badass.

Already had to deal with this with Daryl, I'm afraid its starting to happen to Carol too.

Saty

Bravo, leaving your base unguarded. Fucking put people on watch. How do they open they main gate w\o anybody noticing or alerting? Why does watch-tower dude hasn't got a flare gun? Why don't you have people armed patrolling the camp, especially when half the group is out on a mission? Was doing jack shit to ensure the base will be safe when they go for the mission also part of Rick's plan? He could have kept some capable people who won't sit on their assess in the base. Why do you need to take the best people where most of what they do is firing flares and doing crowd control? Why is the Carrol, the most capable person left in the town, on making food duty instead being out there on the lookout and making sure the fucking people are guarding the place?

The same as it was when the prison fell down to the zombies. The Walking Dead does its damnest to depict the characters as stupid and careless they can when it comes to guarding and security and maintenance of their hideouts. Hopefully this doesn't lead to Alexandria falling or the group leaving and going on the road once again against one more group of psychopaths.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I think they're kind of hinting that both Carol and Morgan are both going through some self reflection about the way they handle situations like this. Morgan is obviously questioning whether or not he should have killed the two guys he encountered in the woods after this event and Carol seems to be questioning her own morals....reflecting on what she was and what she's become.

The symbolism at the end where they meet in the street and walk away in opposite directions seems to show that. Maybe having them both act as polar opposite extremes and coming together will make them both realize there has to be some kind of middle ground where exceptions are made.

I hope that's the case. I really do.

Razmos

I didn't notice this on the initial watch, but shit was going down and Carl stayed in the house.

Top tier character development.

Bravo, leaving your base unguarded. Fucking put people on watch. How do they open they main gate w\o anybody noticing or alerting? Why does watch-tower dude hasn't got a flare gun? Why don't you have people armed patrolling the camp, especially when half the group is out on a mission? Was doing jack shit to ensure the base will be safe when they go for the mission also part of Rick's plan? He could have kept some capable people who won't sit on their assess in the base. Why do you need to take the best people where most of what they do is firing flares and doing crowd control? Why is the Carrol, the most capable person left in the town, on making food duty instead being out there on the lookout and making sure the fucking people are guarding the place?

The same as it was when the prison fell down to the zombies. The Walking Dead does its damnest to depict the characters as stupid and careless they can when it comes to guarding and security and maintenance of their hideouts. Hopefully this doesn't lead to Alexandria falling or the group leaving and going on the road once again against one more group of psychopaths.

They had people on guard: those people were just weak. The most fearsome people needed to be with Rick because of what they were trying to pull off: most of the Alexandrians completely freeze up at the mere sight of zombies as evidenced in the first episode while they were building the barriers on the road.

This all rolls back to Rick's questioning whether or not these people have any value at all. Many of them can't scrounge, they can't fight, they can't provide medical assistance, and they can't assist in governance. They're basically just a drain on resources.

LQX

A fucking pacifist in the middle of a Zombie apocalypse. Come on, write something better than this shit. And they already went down this road with Tyreese. Did they forget? Ugh.

Jesus, Carol was a goddamn killing machine this episode. Good thing she was in the camp because otherwise they'd be fucked.

Morgan letting those four go was a big mistake.

Konka

Banned
have we talked about how Enid was clearly a Wolf?

"This place is too big to guard, that's how we..."

She was talking about how she and Carl snuck in and out. The wolves knew nothing of Alexandria till they found Aaron's bag with the photos in it.

Sadist

That was a damn fine episode. Kudos. And it only took one roast!

Observations:

- Ah that's a sweet tur- GIRL WHAT. Oh hell no.
- Carol has no more fucks left to give. She's just brutal to the kid. "Hey your dad was an asshole. Be glad he's dead. And stop asking me for cookies"
- Are you a doctor? Are you? I heard that story about you. "Fair play" Lol, Eugene is the gift that keeps on giving.
- Yoooo when wolves attack... that one time she's smoking outside.
- Some intense scenes going around with the Wolves and their violence. It was pretty awesome.
- Jesse: "I killed a girl and I liked it. The taste of her bloody chapstick. I kissed a girl just to try it, I hope my boy Ron don't mind it"
- Carl being awesome. I really, REALLY hope they will eventually turn Carl in the biggest badass.
- Morgan being all zen. Good on him, but it's going to bite him in the ass. Eventually.
- Carol is OP. She gets shit done. But it's eating her, she's human after all.
- Deanna is worthless btw. I think she realizes by now that's she's incapable of being a leader.

Overall a good episode. One of the best I've seen of the series.

"Carl staying in the house"

All I'm going to say is if the wolves think they have it rough with Rick and Carol... they should pray to god that a certain comic-storyline doesn't happen. If it does? Oh lawd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom