• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Any thoughts on what JSS was?
jss-155710.jpg

UberTag

I wish I could time travel to a Season 1 or 2 era and tell people that there would be a strong consensus that Carol is one of the main badass characters on this show.
tumblr_moct4ipYKP1rgalplo1_400.gif

7HLMoeR.jpg

1_wz7t.gif

Carol.jpg

ok, what the hell is CM Punk doing that's preventing him from appearing on next week's Talking Dead with YNB? I don't think he's making his UFC debut anytime soon
That's an easy one. If the NLCS goes 7 games, the Cubs and Mets will be playing that night. CM Punk can't commit to a Talking Dead appearance if his attention is focused elsewhere.
The welfare of Chicago sports teams trump everything else. Walking Dead. The WWE. Training for UFC. AJ. Nothing else matters.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Judith is still in the house correct? I swera I don't ever remember anything showing the baby.

She was on the baby monitor when Carol put the dish in the oven, and presumably still there when Carl was told to guard the house.

I expected him to look at the monitor when he was putting the dish on the bench. Surprised they didn't have a shot of it at all though, even if she hadn't been abducted. Having her still there would have helped cement things being back to "normal".

I have to imagine she is still there though. If she'd been taken, they would have ended on that reveal, especially with the next episode focusing on Rick's group to help stretch that tension out (as they have done before).

tumblr_moct4ipYKP1rgalplo1_400.gif

7HLMoeR.jpg

1_wz7t.gif

Carol.jpg

That's an easy one. If the NLCS goes 7 games, the Cubs and Mets will be playing that night. CM Punk can't commit to a Talking Dead appearance if his attention is focused elsewhere.
The welfare of Chicago sports teams trump everything else. Walking Dead. The WWE. Training for UFC. AJ. Nothing else matters.
I honestly trip out any time I see season 1 walking dead stuff. They've evolved so much from Rick barely being able to kill a walker to carol the abused housewife. Goddamn.

Anko

Also seemed like the girl was with the Wolves, perhaps previously, they way she half said "That's how we..." speaking towards how the camp was raided.

I believe she is referring to how she and Carl sneaked outside last season by climbing over the walls. It's full of blind spots. That's how they managed.

Sapiens

Thank god this show has Carol and Daryl. Thank. God.

It would be unwatchable with out them. They do what you think they should do - unlike all of the other fucking useless characters.

Thank god this show has Carol and Daryl. Thank. God.

It would be unwatchable with out them. They do what you think they should do - unlike all of the other fucking useless characters.
Rick/Michonne/Glenn/Abraham/ are anything but useless. Same with sasha when she's not being crazayyy.

Carol is on some next gen genre saviness, not in a million years would I have ever believed that Carol would end up being the most badass super soldier on the show.

They should clone her, Big Carol needs to live on.

JSS

Where was Rick?

JSS

Where were Daryl and Glen and Michonne and Ginger Guy?

JSS

Carol's toughness is cool, but it can also be so laughably bad at times. "Your Dad beat you, now he's dead. Get over it. And get the fuck off my stoop."
Wow, so tough Carol, saying these things to a 5 year old. So edgy.

JSS

Rick's new girlfriend needs to give Carl a haircut sharpish.

JSS

One of the Wolves he encountered in last season's finale. The other one is who Morgan let live/leave at the gate.

https://youtu.be/Ew7KSN5mwDo

He should've killed them then like she should've killed them now.

Interesting to note that the the gun that the wolves dude is using has no ammo. It's not that the don't have guns, but are completely against using them. If it were an availability issue, they would pick up guns from the slain Alexandria people. Even the dudes that monk Morgan chased out gave the impression that they left the wolves because he picked up a gun.

anaron

god Morgan was fucking annoying tonight.

either get with the fucked up world or shut the fuck up.

As usual, Carol >>>>>>>>>>

that scene where she's watching the smoker get suddenly brutally murdered so was horrifying and genuinely shocking.

and holy shit at Merrit Weaver joining the show! I love her and she's already so great.

Pics_nao

Just watched it. Shit went down so fast. Man, fuck Morgan. I get him but you don't give some people a second chance.

Didn't know Carol was an assassin. Man, she's fucking awesome.

Rosita and that ponytail tho. Unf.

Razmos

A great episode but I could not take the wolves seriously at all.

What were they even trying to do? They didn't seem to be trying to take the place over, and in fact were just murdering for no real reason. Hell there were repeated shots of them just hacking up bodies and looking crazy.

They also didn't have the element of surprise since they wasted that opportunity by just murdering a random woman standing in the street.
And I find it incredibly hard to believe that NOT ONE of them managed to get a gun before deciding to invade this huge community.

They made absolutely no fucking sense, and they had no motivation, they weren't trying to survive, they were just comic-book villain evil and completely faceless.

That really affected my enjoyment of the episode, along with Morgan (zzzzzzz) and Ron being a whiney little prick.

What were they even trying to do? They didn't seem to be trying to take the place over, and in fact were just murdering for no real reason.

Hell there were repeated shots of them just hacking up bodies and looking crazy.

They also didn't have the element of surprise since they wasted that opportunity by just murdering a random woman standing in the street.
And I find it incredibly hard to believe that NOT ONE of them managed to get a gun before deciding to invade this huge community.

They made absolutely no fucking sense, and they had no motivation, they weren't trying to survive, they were just comic-book villain evil and completely faceless.

That really affected my enjoyment of the episode, along with Morgan (zzzzzzz) and Ron being a whiney little prick.
1) I didn't see it as random. I saw it as taking out outdoor stragglers. Take out the alone and isolated first. That was them using the element of surprise.

2) We saw their handiwork at Noah's community. They have some plan, involving prisoners. We just don't know that plan yet. But they weren't able to do it today

i'm loving these first 2 episodes. i felt last season was a bit boring.

carol was so bad ass. not sure what's going on with morgan? was he part of that group that attacked?

also, maybe my memory is just really bad but where are rick/abraham/glenn/daryl? i know they heard the horn and started heading back to alexandria but they just didn't turn up this episode.

Pillville

So what are the chances that the Wolves rigged the semi at the quarry to fall while Rick and the gang were there?

Seems a bit convenient that this semi (that had probably been there for years) fell and released thousands of walkers at the exact same time that Rick's group has there and Wolves were attacking town.

mujun

That was a great episode. Loved Carol being a badass like everyone else. Morgan kicked ass, too though his idealism did irritate me.

Maggie also seemed to kick ass!

Wolves went down quick which is good as they seem like disorganized idiots who are trying to live like savages or something.

i'm loving these first 2 episodes. i felt last season was a bit boring.

carol was so bad ass. not sure what's going on with morgan? was he part of that group that attacked?

also, maybe my memory is just really bad but where are rick/abraham/glenn/daryl? i know they heard the horn and started heading back to alexandria but they just didn't turn up this episode.
It was easy to miss, but Rick told Morgan to go back to Alexandria. I guess the others are dealing with the horde

jond76

Banned

What were they even trying to do? They didn't seem to be trying to take the place over, and in fact were just murdering for no real reason. Hell there were repeated shots of them just hacking up bodies and looking crazy.

When they tired the one dude tied up he was saying that they (Alexandrians) were trapped and they (wolves) were freeing them.
They clearly have a crazy ideology. They are crazy.

raphier

Banned
So what are the chances that the Wolves rigged the semi at the quarry to fall while Rick and the gang were there?

Seems a bit convenient that this semi (that had probably been there for years) fell and released thousands of walkers at the exact same time that Rick's group has there and Wolves were attacking town.

nah, they used the opportunity. That means theres a mole among Alexandria and it's not Enid. Somebody who can signal back from the scene of happening.

What a great start to the season. Two fantastic opening episodes. Carol has become such a great character. A lot have been short-changed over the length of the show, but her arc has been fascinating to watch.

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
The
wolves
remind me of
the raiders in fallout 3
They just seem so badass. I am glad they came up with some insanity like that. I love the way they are dressed.

So since the Wolves were taking prisoners, can we assume (comic spoilers)
they're possibly working with or cooperating with another group, maybe Negan's group?

This is like a TV adaption of Crossed now

That was my exact thought. God, Crossed was the most unnecessarily vulgar thing i've ever read. I LOVE dark horror of all kinds, but its still the only piece of entertainment I wish I could un-experience.

Worst part is I kept reading for far too many of its series' hoping it would eventually try to tell an actual story.

dustyherb

So since the Wolves were talking prisoners, can we assume (comic spoilers)
they're possibly working with or cooperating with another group, maybe Negan's group?
Comic spoilers
i wouldn't expect Negan's group till second half of this season.i doubt these guys even know about Negan's group although it is always a possibility I really doubt it. We might see something from this first half tie into Negan's groups but I wouldn't expect it to be the wolves. We have to meet hilltop and Jesus before we really start dealing with negan and his guys.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm going deaf - what did Morgan say when Gabriel asked him who taught him? a change agent? I couldn't tell.

Carol is so badass I'm afraid the writers will feel the need to kill her off so she doesn't steal any of Rick's thunder. That would be a dumb move, but you never know.

Also, I'm n'thing everyone who says that Carl needs a haircut.

I think you mean Carol's people. :)

I'm pretty sure it was a cheese maker or something of that sort....

Scoot2005

Banned
and because of this, I fear she dies soon

The creators of the show said that she was one character they were unlikely to kill off. Couldn't find a proper link to an actual respected site. I know I read that though.

Edit - Which means she will die soon. I don't trust your comforting words you lying fucks.

cbox

One thing I didn't like about the pacing of the episode was that RIGHT after they initially broke in, they go to a very quiet scene in the house with Coral and his gf which killed any tension they built up.

One thing I didn't like about the pacing of the episode was that RIGHT after they initially broke in, they go to a very quiet scene in the house with Coral and his gf which killed any tension they built up.

lol ikr. its okay coral. i was just walking around. let me inside with my key. they are just people okay coral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom