• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Carol is the Baddest Girl... Love her.MVP.

Man im starting to hate ever one outside of Rick's original group... They are so stupid.

Without Rick and Carol they wouldn't have survived a day.

Nameless

I wouldn't say Rick is callous or inhumane and it's not really comparable to Shane. Shane was only looking out for his own ass and pretended he was doing things in the best interest of the group. The only ass he kind of cared for was Lori's and he got rejected. While Rick has become more grizzled, hardened and keeps an eye out for himself, Carl and Judith, he does care for the people around them. Whether it's Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Michonne or even Bram's group, he wants them to stay alive. But you'll have to give everything and adapt to anything if you're really want to stay alive. Thing is, he did lose sight on how to bring it to the attention of others. Rick never would find a job in PR.

that and he lost sight of the situation for a brief moment because he was checking out Jesse. Rick is hungry for love.

Refusing to disarm, making people fight Walkers to prove themselves, a stringent distrust of outsiders, a willingness to execute people, displaying a harshness towards those he considers weak, operating under the realization that doing the right thing will probably get you killed, etc..etc. These things are right out of the Shane playbook and were major sources of contention between the two in the first couple seasons. Hell, Shane even implied the group just take The Farm if Herschel tried to kick them out.

Rick is definitely cold, callous, and has sacrificed swaths of his humanity in order to survive and also to keep the people he cares about safe--which is Shane as fuck. Sure the two have their differences, but the show hasn't been too subtle in showing Rick developing precisely the type of world view/mentality he rallied against & resisted early on.

I'm with you guys. I really can't stand the character anymore and not in a love to hate her way, I just want her gone. Apparently all you have to do is turn a character into rambo and kill 50 people and everyone loves you. At least Rick is entertaining because hes completely batshit. Daryl and Morgan are the most likeable for me. They still have moral cores to them.
you nailed it. but we (alexandria) needed her like that.

as for her killing that one alexandrian, I wonder if it was done out of pity (thinking it's too late to save her so instead of her suffering the bleedout to just end her misery) or thinking it's too late and just not wanting to deal with trying to save her later.

if she was with tara or eugene i wonder if she'd have told them to kill the girl on the table too.

-MD-

as for her killing that one alexandrian, I wonder if it was done out of pity (thinking it's too late to save her so instead of her suffering the bleedout to just end her misery) or thinking it's too late and just not wanting to deal with trying to save her later.

She was clearly going to die, her entire stomach was slashed wide open. She was making noise so she took her out.

UberTag

I'm with you guys. I really can't stand the character anymore and not in a love to hate her way, I just want her gone. Apparently all you have to do is turn a character into rambo and kill 50 people and everyone loves you. At least Rick is entertaining because hes completely batshit. Daryl and Morgan are the most likeable for me. They still have moral cores to them.
You know who else can't stand Season 6 Carol?

014-SERIE-vs-HQ-The-Walking-Dead-%E2%80%93-Episodio-2x01-%E2%80%93-What-Lies-Ahead.jpg

You think that's why people like her? Simply because she kills?

RangerX

Banned
You think that's why people like her? Simply because she kills?

Well shes just a sociopath . She overcame the torment inflicted on her by her husband and she was becoming a layered character who made tough decisions in complex situations but also still retained some semblance of perspective. Shes just vile now.

cw_sasuke

In this situation killing the enemy means protecting the group... Of course characters who gets shit done are liked. We have had many characters in the past screwing yo on that front.. I mean Tyrese.. Smh.

Hope Morgan wakes up soon as we... He will get someone killed.

Well shes just a sociopath . She overcame the torment inflicted on her by her husband and she was becoming a layered character who made tough decisions in complex situations but also still retained some semblance of perspective. Shes just vile now.
Assaulting Terminus to save her friends and killing the slaughtering psychopaths attacking Alexandria without mercy (they certainly weren't showing any mercy) makes her a sociopath?

What actions has she done would you classify as sociopathic?

the entire point of the ending was to show that she isn't a sociopath. She was crying because she realized her hardnosed actions caused the death of someone that might be alive. She went through a lot that day and it affected her. That's not a sociopath.

In this situation killing the enemy means protecting the group... Of course characters who gets shit done are liked. We have had many characters in the past screwing yo on that front.. I mean Tyrese.. Smh.

I think some of the issue for some peple is that it seem to be the same characters getting these big action sequences as of recent. Some people were probably disappointed that Carol got another highlight action episode when some characters haven't got any.

cw_sasuke

Killing people that wanna kill you and your friends/family makes you a sociopath now? Guess I would be one as well in this scenario.

RangerX

Banned
Assaulting Terminus to save her friends and killing the slaughtering psychopaths attacking Alexandria without mercy (they certainly weren't showing any mercy) makes her a sociopath?

What actions has she done would you classify as sociopathic?

the entire point of the ending was to show that she isn't a sociopath. She was crying because she realized her hardnosed actions caused the death of someone that might be alive. She went through a lot that day and it affected her. That's not a sociopath.

Killing people that wanna kill you and your friends/family makes you a sociopath now? Guess I would be one as well in this scenario.

She burned some people alive because they were sick in season 3. Even Rick exiled her. Shes gone down that rabbit hole now with Rick where its just survival. Daryl and Morgan know whats up. You lose your humanity then survival is pointless.

jond76

Banned
Carol is a boss. The episode was fun, but kinda dumb. What did these weirdos hope to accomplish?

Most everyone in this town seems to be a lame wimp. And what's the significance of the black and white photos? That there's a spy in the town?

Do you actually watch the show?

The captured wolf said that the living were all trapped and they were doing then a favor by killing them, so they have a strange, cult like philosophy.

Second, everyone being a wimp is something Rick had pointed out in multiple occasions. Now it caught up to them.

Third, the bag that Aaron found was his that he lost last season, and those b&w photos were the pictures he showed to potential new residents.

dustyherb

She burned some people alive because they were sick in season 3. Even Rick exiled her. Shes gone down that rabbit hole now with Rick where its just survival. Daryl and Morgan know whats up. You lose your humanity then survival is pointless.
I don't think Morgan is a good example of knowing what's up. He let two wolves live letting them go back to their group and show the photos. Which led the wolves to all invading and then he still doesn't learn and let's one of them steal a gun. Which is obviously going to come back to bite someone in the ass.

cw_sasuke

She made a mistake in a very messed up world/environment.... Nobody is perfect, that doesn't mean that every action of her would only be something a sociopath could come up with.

How does Morgan knows what's up? I doubt he he been through the same shit that Carol went through. Loving and serving in a fucked up world means that you will need to get your hands dirty from time to time. The whole group would be dead at this point without Carol.

The better safe than sorry approach is justified when you already have lost so many people around you and are surrounded literally by death.

jelly

Does the bag of photos really mean much, not like he left a map unless the landmarks are known. I guess they were followed.

jond76

Banned

Ha ha. She did not burn them alive. She killed them then burned them to try to stem the spread of a super bug. It was drastic but she did it to protect the group. She's had a hard time, but she's had the most interesting arc of all characters.

Prologue

so , i suppose i'm the only one who hate Carol

No. I Can't stand her either

There are people here who actually dislike Carol? The one +45 year old punching bag who got used to answering doors, became the one who knocks? She single handily saved Rick's group from canabals. She also saved people in this community too, while grown men ran away crying in fear, I might add.

Seriously, whats the deal?

I'm the opposite, I can't stand Morgan's constant whining about killing people. He's an idiot, thanks to him a group of insane murderers left with a gun, they'll probably return and kill someone later. At least Carol gets shit done.

Sadist

Refusing to disarm, making people fight Walkers to prove themselves, a stringent distrust of outsiders, a willingness to execute people, displaying a harshness towards those he considers weak, operating under the realization that doing the right thing will probably get you killed, etc..etc. These things are right out of the Shane playbook and were major sources of contention between the two in the first couple seasons. Hell, Shane even implied the group just take The Farm if Herschel tried to kick them out.

Rick is definitely cold, callous, and has sacrificed swaths of his humanity in order to survive and also to keep the people he cares about safe--which is Shane as fuck. Sure the two have their differences, but the show hasn't been too subtle in showing Rick developing precisely the type of world view/mentality he rallied against & resisted early on.
Eeehhh, I think it's not that black or white either. Making the habitants of Alexandria fight of the undead wasn't to prove their worth, it was about making them aware of the world outside. These people at first lived their lives like nothing really happened and made terrible supply runs. They needed the wake up call badly. And if it isn't the dead, it will be some batshit insane folks like the wolves coming put of nowhere. Which was the fault of Aaron because he was basicly shopping around for nice additions to the community. These people desperately clinged to the old life which isn't there anymore. He's isn't talking about acting like a bunch of savages, but if the time arrives he wants people he can depend on. As for the willingness to excecute people, he recognised a huge problem within the community. The surgeon threatened his fellow Alexandrians and killed someone because of his rage. As for doing the right thing and getting killed... I think he still believes in the right thing. But the right thing these days is a pretty broad definition.

I do agree that Rick did sacrifice somewhat of his humanity, but nowhere near the level of crazyness that Shane displayed.

erawsd

Eeehhh, I think it's not that black or white either. Making the habitants of Alexandria fight of the undead wasn't to prove their worth, it was about making them aware of the world outside. These people at first lived their lives like nothing really happened and made terrible supply runs. They needed the wake up call badly. And if it isn't the dead, it will be some batshit insane folks like the wolves coming put of nowhere. Which was the fault of Aaron because he was basicly shopping around for nice additions to the community. These people desperately clinged to the old life which isn't there anymore. He's isn't talking about acting like a bunch of savages, but if the time arrives he wants people he can depend on. As for the willingness to excecute people, he recognised a huge problem within the community. The surgeon threatened his fellow Alexandrians and killed someone because of his rage. As for doing the right thing and getting killed... I think he still believes in the right thing. But the right thing these days is a pretty broad definition.

I do agree that Rick did sacrifice somewhat of his humanity, but nowhere near the level of crazyness that Shane displayed.

Yeah, exactly. The difference is that Shane was pretty much acting in his own self interest and he was driven by jealousy. Rick can be ruthless but its almost always in an effort to protect others.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yoooo this episode was murder. Literally.

Was this the first time Rick didn't have any screen time at all? Can't be right? I did miss his presence all throughout.

hypernima

Banned
I wanted to see a clip of her profusely vomiting after eating that turtle because they are loaded with salmonella, on top of her eating it raw.

She was clearly going to die, her entire stomach was slashed wide open. She was making noise so she took her out.
i think she did more as an act of contingency than as remorse
It's not about being a fighter, it's about being there for your community. Deanna has the best intentions, but she never considered any contingency plans whatsoever. She does have some common sense though.
i know her comic book counterpart dies. i don't know how, but at least after what's happened to alexandria, she's gonna really open her eyes

dustyherb

Do you still think they are going to pull this off for the TV series?
Yes they abosutely will. Won't be as gruesome as the comic I'm sure but the scene has to happen. It's such a big moment from the comic they would be stupid not to do it in some way.

someday

Banned
I love Carol. She's a more interesting character than Rick to me. I would normally agree with Morgan's philosophy but that doesn't work in the Walking Dead universe. In this show's lore, Rick and Carol are correct. It's a cynical view of humanity but Kirkman and Gimple have done a lot to enforce it. And how many people died while Morgan was tying that dude's wrists? Ridiculous.

I love Carol. I am iffy on Morgan and I want to see how he develops. We've seen so many Morgans. I think (I hope?) what they want us to take away is that we saw two extremes -- Carol kills without much thought to preserve what is good (could have questioned a few), and Morgan refuses to kill (those people will totally be back again), and at the end, when they passed each other, it felt like one of TWD's heavy moments when they realllllly want to make sure we all got the message. Middle ground is what they need to find.

ElyrionX

Pretty much. And now Morgan is the new Rick.

Misterhbk

Anyone who has watched this entire series and is upset that Rick and Carol now view the lives of their group over anyone else is a little ridiculous. Of course they do. It's the world they live in. Being nice to outsiders has done nothing but bring them struggle. It's an obvious lesson to learn. Kill or be killed. It's really not that hard to grasp. Shane tried to teach them all that early on. Just too bad it took them til now to get it. I'm still team Shane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom