• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

How to get killed as a Red Shirt 101:

"I have a wife back home!"
"I have hopes and dreams!"
"~random backstory out of nowhere~"

Lorcain

I don't know how the wolf that burst into the RV missed Rick. I laughed out loud when Rick did an A-Team leap across the front seats while rounds were impacting around him without a scratch.

Dai101

Banned
I don't know how the wolf that burst into the RV missed Rick. I laughed out loud when Rick did an A-Team leap across the front seats while rounds were impacting around him without a scratch.

His plot armor is so strong it even covers tha air near him.

cacildo

Great episode! Stuff happened!

I think the "the show is getting boring" complains finally reached the people it should reach

UberTag

Dumbest thing is Glen screaming in agony as a means to fake out the viewer when he's definitely alive.
Clearly he was upset over his favorite top getting soaked in Nicholas' blood and entrails.
Stain remover isn't exactly plentiful in the zombie apocalypse.

ryushe

Wait, people actually think Glen survived?

You guys are freaking insane!

Also, to everyone who saying main characters can only die in a blaze of glory, [Comic spoilers]
Abraham
dies in probably the most unceremonious way possible..

breadtruck

I remember hearing about this back at Comic-con, an interview where the cast members discuss who they miss most and -

Norman Reedus says "Glenn"

It's at the end if you just want to watch the last twenty seconds or so, maybe Reedus knew there was going to be a psych-out, and he's just screwing with fans?

Hmm, I could see Norman fucking with the fans here. Hes done similar things before.

Also, to everyone who saying main characters can only die in a blaze of glory, [Comic spoilers]
Abraham
there is considerable evidence to suggest that.

War Eagle

What I think will happen:

Glen will live

• Zombies are eating Nicolas's flesh as Glen screams in horror
  • Rick radios Glen multiple times. The zombies hear it and some get distracted by the human voice
  • Glen uses this opportunity to slip out from under Nicola's corpse and slides underneath the dumpster and waits it out until the dust settles.

L.O.R.D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT GLENN

it's too soon for him to die , and it's too soon for a major death to happen in the beginning of the season.

border

I think they should bring Glenn back, only to kill him suddenly and senselessly in the very same episode in a Joss Whedon inspired "Leaf on the Wind" moment.

Razmos

The female Alexandrian red-shirt who died in this episode stood no chance, she had the traditional "Dead Anime Mom" hairstyle that brings death to all who try to rock it.

weiEB.png

L.O.R.D

What I think will happen:

Glen will live

• Rick radios Glen multiple times. The zombies hear it and some get distracted by the human voice

i don't think so , if in the other end of the radio don't press the button , the other will not receive a thing , even if the zombie heard it , the radio is right here with glenn

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeah. For all his failings, Whedon kills beloved characters like no other. More writers should take notes from him.

Then again, Coulson.

This show is absolutely incredible, last season was awesome. The start of this season has been non stop crazy. I was devestated when Glenn "died" but I liked the idea of anyone could die at any moment. That said I think he will live, honestly I'm fine with it, I like the character enough to excuse the fake out.

This episode really showed me the difference between how I view GoT and how non book readers view it. Nothing in GoT surprises me cause I read the books, so I never feel tense watching the show. TWD I watch on the edge of my seat freaked out most of the time. I wish I felt even half of what I felt last night during GoT. I guess I will experience that this upcoming season.

War Eagle

i don't think so , if in the other end of the radio don't press the button , the other will not receive a thing , even if the zombie heard it , the radio is right here with glenn

You only need to press the button to activate the mic to talk/reply. Is the radio with Glen? For some reason I thought he dropped it while running to/climbing up the dumpster, but I could be mistaken. Either way, that's just my guess at what will happen.

dustyherb

Abraham
Comic spoilers
kirkman has already said he regretted having Abraham go out that way
but your absolutely correct characters don't have to go out in a blaze of glory. But something tells me that the writers wouldn't want a huge character like Glen going out the way he did last night.

Razmos

buFtF8w.png

Day 1063: I continue to live amongst the walkers, they seem completely unable to tell me apart due to the blue face paint I am wearing.

I kind of want Glenn to be alive, but at the same time some interesting story points could come out of his death. I don't know, trying to look on the bright side. The way the scene was shot seemed to suggest that it wasn't Glenn being devoured, but the sheer number of walkers around....it just doesn't make any sense for him to survive that.

jond76

Banned
I saw a pic with Glenn at his bloodiest during that scene. The pic has zombie hands ripping blood and guts where Glenn's chest would be. One thing I didn't see: blood coming from Glenn's mouth. You know Walking Dead loves blood from the mouth!

I pass the witness , your honor.

Maybe I'm in the minority but if Glenn survives I'm completely ok with it. Yes, I know it could be silly how he gets away(or they could do something pretty cool). Either way I would take this over the back half off season 4 any day. Some episodes were good but most were just different groups wandering around for an hour.

That being said if Glenn survives I expect his character to be a lot different now when it comes to helping others outside of his group.

Kyou

Maybe I'm in the minority but if Glenn survives I'm completely ok with it. Yes, I know it could be silly how he gets away(or they could do something pretty cool). Either way I would take this over the back half off season 4 any day. Some episodes were good but most were just different groups wandering around for an hour.

That being said if Glenn survives I expect his character to be a lot different now when it comes to helping others outside of his group.
my only problem with Glenn surviving is because it's specifically Glenn. They -just- did this at the end of last season with him being shot and overcome with zombies and surviving unscathed somehow.

KHarvey16

People who think he's definitely alive are delusional. If he is alive, it's because the show cheated. Saying it's 100% is ridiculous.

my only problem with Glenn surviving is because it's specifically Glenn. They -just- did this at the end of last season with him being shot and overcome with zombies and surviving unscathed somehow.

I have no issue if he dies, just hope that if it isn't in last night's episode that's it's at least a more meaningful death.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
People who think he's definitely alive are delusional. If he is alive, it's because the show cheated. Saying it's 100% is ridiculous.

We should have a #TeamAlive #TeamDead avatar bet in this thread. Are those still allowed?

If you ask me, they pretty clearly telegraphed him still being alive. But we'll know for sure in a few weeks. I mean...the guy fell directly on top of Glenn but they didn't show his body after that point.

In my mind, I'm 95% sure Glenn is still alive. The show follows certain formulas, and this just didn't fit.

Based off his conversation in the pet shop, I was pretty certain that Glenn would get trapped somewhere and have to figure out a way to contact the group for help. This is that situation.

I don't call it cheating when they show someone falling on top of Glenn and then we can't quite see what's going on. It's a little cheap to leave on that note...but I'm not buying his death here. I was more worried about Glenn when they were at Terminus lol

If Glenn didnt die they used a lot of fakery. You cant betray audiences trust like that and expect future situations to play out the way writers wanted them too.

KHarvey16

How can people compare this to characters surviving in the past? If we see someone injured and surrounded, their escape is unlikely but doesn't require trickery. They fight through it and manage to survive. This is perfectly acceptable as a viewer. At no point that I can remember have they purposely placed cameras and special effects to make it look like a character was dying but it was actually just a trick that can only work if you exploit the fourth wall.

Do people really not recognize the gigantic difference here? Seriously?

gabbo

The ending to that scene was shot and edited so that you never see Glenn's body bitten or torn apart, and then it just zooms out to show the horde. He'll be back, in some kind of miracle way, that may push the limits even for this show, but he'll be back.

Glenn surviving would be such a cheap trick. I mean, yeah, they could pull it but it would feel like a dumb gotcha for the viewer, and would retroactively degrade a very heavy and impactful episode.

The ending to that scene was shot and edited so that you never see Glenn's body bitten or torn apart, and then it just zooms out to show the horde. He'll be back, in some kind of miracle way, that may push the limits even for this show, but he'll be back.

Maybe he got the Lori treatment.

How many near-deaths has Glenn had now? Aside from being shot covered in zombies last season, the other situation that comes to mind was when he was tied to a chair and fought one off.

He's definitely alive. Too many factors, both obvious (i,e, the Talking Dead, the ambiguous way it was shot, etc.) and spoilery

How many near-deaths has Glenn had now? Aside from being shot covered in zombies last season, the other situation that comes to mind was when he was tied to a chair and fought one off.
Saved by Carol's attack on Terminus

Konka

Banned

You see ograns coming out. People are just seeing what they want to see to make it seem like he's still alive.

Tobor

I'm fine with Glenn living as long as he gives up being such a pushover.

He should have clipped Nicholas in the woods. Hopefully he learns from the mistake and channels his inner Rick.

I'm also fine with him being dead as punishment for his not killing Nicholas when he had the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom