• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first reaction was that it was Nicolas on top of him being ripped open. I don't know if that is just a denial stage or what. Actually, my first reaction was "why is glen trying to stand his ground here."

Tobor

The entrails don't really match where Nicholas position would be either.

How did Nicholas stomach wind up on Glenn's chest given Glen's face is fully exposed?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I guess spoilers for the comic in regards to Glenn,
I would be totally OK with him not being dead here and somehow surviving and getting away despite how improbably that would be, if they leave it up in the air until the point where Negan arrives and parades Glenn out in front of everyone as alive and they're all happy to see him despite the situation they're in and then amid that small bit of joy, Negan proceeds to murder him in front of everyone.

Otherwise him coming out fine will be kind of silly. I love his character a lot but they can't do shit like this and have him come out A-OK. But I doubt that's the route they are taking and he'll come back after some drama and live for a good while longer.

The entrails don't really match where Nicholas position would be either.

How did Nicholas stomach wind up on Glenn's chest given Glen's face is fully exposed?

Yeah, I'm not sure. But also, if we go by what we see, Glenn's intestines are apparently in his chest/shoulders. So that's what makes no sense to me.

re: Rick's hand. I don't remember the dumb rules for TWD and blood, but since the machete was in some dudes head, and Rick grabbed it, is Rick not infected in some way? Isn't that why they wore masks etc to stop blood splatter.

Not like they cared later on anyway with blood spraying all over the place.

And Ninja Zombies are fucking dumb.

This ain't 28 days later where a drop of blood in your eye suddenly turns you.

Just because he's been filming doesn't mean he's not dead.
It does
when he's been in like seven future episodes, alongside new characters, plus Talking Dead's incredibly unsubtle attempt to deal with Glen's "death" (Glenn not in the Memoriam, Stephen not a guest), plus some of the cast's comments in the past

BokehKing

Banned
Took this off a EW comment page

"my good people please remember what Michonne to that guy in the store. Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you don't know if it's yours or the people around you."

Knowing Glenn wasn't on Talking Dead kinda ruins it. He's probably alive. The only other explanation I can think of is some kind of backstage drama that caused him to leave the show early and forced some last minute rewrites/reshoots.

But why did Daryl drive off? Why did Rick run away to get the RV? I feel like I missed some dialogue.

Ensirius

There is no way Glenn is dead.
All the guts and intestins looked like they were coming from the suicide corpse.
And they did not make it super clear he is dead.

So, Glen=alive.

Tobor

Knowing Glenn wasn't on Talking Dead kinda ruins it. He's probably alive. The only other explanation I can think of is some kind of backstage drama that caused him to leave the show early and forced some last minute rewrites/reshoots.

But why did Daryl drive off? Why did Rick run away to get the RV? I feel like I missed some dialogue.

Rick went to get the RV to try and pull the herd back on course. Darryl went to help, then changed his mind and turned back to Abraham and Sasha.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

"my good people please remember what Michonne to that guy in the store. Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you don't know if it's yours or the people around you."

I already explained why I think Glenn is very obviously alive, but actually this wouldn't be one of the reasons. She said that to Heath and then he had that moment at the very end in the stream where he saw all the blood on his face and finally "got" what she meant.

Just watched the clip of Glenn's death.

a) No way he's dead. The entrails/stomach tearing don't match with where his head is positioned

b) That's...pretty emotionally manipulative, even for this show.

At first I was convinced it was him but after a few viewings the following became clear:

1) Both guys were wearing the same color T-Shirt
2) The close up shot shows what looks to be them tearing into Glen but the overhead shot that followed shows them digging into a body further down and right of where Glens actual chest would be .

Glenn has to be dead. If he fucking somehow makes it out of this clusterfuck, fuck this show. He dead.
Kind of how I feel.

I can buy the idea that it's Nicholas' guts being ripped out, but if that's the case, he must be laying across Glenn kinda forming a cross shape. The rest of his body is totally exposed...no way he gets out of that without at least a bite.

That said, after Talking Dead I'm fairly certain Glenn survives, which is really fucking lame considering the circumstances. With the way his character has been written, this was the most fitting way for him to go out.

Lorcain

I don't have a problem with Glenn still being alive. We've seen for multiple seasons that zombies can be single track minded when they're eating, and not even notice another living person right next to them. Characters can walk right up to a feasting zombie and most of the time they don't do anything. So it would not be a huge stretch of the imagination for me to learn that Glenn was able to get under the dumpster just before his corpse shield was fully consumed.

Now do I like how they handled that scene? No. It's kind of lame using that weird camera perspective to fake us out. It was such an odd angle that it should have raised red flags for viewers that something was off, especially for a show that seems to take pleasure in showing character deaths in clear, gruesome, gory detail. The body that was being ripped apart did not match up with Glenn's head, neither did the location of the intestines. The zombies pulled the intestines from just under Glenn's upper left shoulder lol.

I don't have a problem with Glenn still being alive. We've seen for multiple seasons that zombies can be single track minded when they're eating, and not even notice another living person right next to them. Characters can walk right up to a feasting zombie and most of the time they don't do anything. So it would not be a huge stretch of the imagination for me to learn that Glenn was able to get under the dumpster just before his corpse shield was fully consumed.

Now do I like how they handled that scene? No. It's kind of lame using that weird camera perspective to fake us out. It was such an odd angle that it should have raised red flags for viewers that something was off, especially for a show that seems to take pleasure in showing character deaths in clear, gruesome, gory detail. The body that was being ripped apart did not match up with Glenn's head, neither did the location of the intestines. The zombies pulled the intestines from just under Glenn's upper left shoulder lol.
yeah. They filmed it the way they did because they want people like us to argue about whether or not it was him. They want it to be unclear.

taybul

I think the fact that Glenn didn't appear in Talking just means it's intentionally vague at this point. Could still go both ways at this point but until it's confirmed in the show itself, I don't think you can make any assumptions simply from watching Talking Dead.

I guess they're gonna try and pull the whole "covered in guts" thing so that the walkers can't smell that its a living person.
The "covered in guts" thing only works when it's zombie blood. Nicholas's blood is a fresh kill
I think the fact that Glenn didn't appear in Talking just means it's intentionally vague at this point. Could still go both ways at this point but until it's confirmed in the show itself, I don't think you can make any assumptions simply from watching Talking Dead.
nicholas's actor didn't show up, either. But that could just be because they'd be bombarding him with questions about the scene & it'd be shit he couldn't talk about.

-griffy-

Banned
I guess they're gonna try and pull the whole "covered in guts" thing so that the walkers can't smell that its a living person.

That would be supremely dumb. He would be covered in fresh human guts, which would presumably make him only more appetizing to walkers. There's no reason a horde of walkers devours one body and just leaves the other fresh one laying under it. How is an entire horde just gonna stop eating fresh meat and ignore Glen laying there for the 30 minutes or more it would take them to even physically vacate the alley? Even the idea that it's Nicolas' body getting ripped apart on top of Glen is bullshit as they clearly deceived and misled by deliberately obfuscating that fact with shot selection. There's no way he shimmies under the dumpster unscathed while surround by walkers already clawing at him. Any last minute "save" like a manhole cover he ducks into or some truck ramming through the horde is simply the most bullshit of bullshit deus ex machinas. No situation where Glen survives would be logical or fulfilling after the situation they put him in. Any scenario where Glen survives this ordeal would only be cheap at this point.

The "covered in guts" thing only works when it's zombie blood. Nicholas's blood is a fresh kill

That would be supremely dumb. He would be covered in fresh human guts, which would presumably make him only more appetizing to walkers. There's no reason a horde of walkers devours one body and just leaves the other fresh one laying under it. How is an entire horde just gonna stop eating fresh meat and ignore Glen laying there for the 30 minutes or more it would take them to even physically vacate the alley? Even the idea that it's Nicolas' body getting ripped apart on top of Glen is bullshit as they clearly deceived and misled by deliberately obfuscating that fact with shot selection. There's no way he shimmies under the dumpster unscathed while surround by walkers already clawing at him. Any last minute "save" like a manhole cover he ducks into or some truck ramming through the horde is simply the most bullshit of bullshit deus ex machinas. No situation where Glen survives would be logical or fulfilling after the situation they put him in. Any scenario where Glen survives this ordeal would only be cheap at this point.

I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if they went with that because its never been established that it only works with walker-guts.

-griffy-

Banned
I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if they went with that because its never been established that it only works with walker-guts.

I agree that they are probably gonna pull some reasoning like that, which is why it's gonna be cheap and dumb when it happens.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Holy fuck.

This season is the real deal.

I absolutely adore Glenn and I think he was one of the better characters in both the comics and the show (even if show Glenn never came close to touch his comic counterpart), but it stands as a testament of this episode greatness that his death didn't feel cheap or forced despite the circumstances, unlike 99% of the other casualties.

I honestly have no idea how Maggie is going to take it.

Wonder where Enid went.

Hmm...
When she was asked if she would be showing up again on Talking Dead, didn't she say something to the effect of, "You will see her again, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised."? If so, maybe that rumor about her helping Glenn has some weight.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Yup. Totally agree.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I think Glenn is alive, but this was meant for Heath. They even show him looking at his reflection in the stream and seeing blood all over his face.

dustyherb

I honestly have a hard time believing he is dead because it would be such a stupid death for a member of the original Atlanta group. Falling off a dumpster into a crowd of zombies? Like come on even if you don't like Glen the dude deserves a better death then that crap.

Idk how he would survive tho with all those zombies surrounding him. I feel like no matter what the writers come up with to make him survive will just feel unrealistic. Maybe somebody comes and opens the door he was trying to open before they jumped on the dumpster and he's able to crawl to it quick enough? Guess we will just have to wait and see.

I agree that they are probably gonna pull some reasoning like that, which is why it's gonna be cheap and dumb when it happens.

My main issue is that I don't think anyone is going to take "big deaths" seriously if Glenn survives. By big I mean Atlanta survivors + Michonne. People will argue that there's no way that they died, that there has to be some trick/fake-out... and I honestly can't blame them.

You either kill a main character or you don't. You don't put him in a situation where he realistically cannot get out of.

I've also seen theory's that Enid is going to end up saving him... that would truly piss me off. So she's at the exact right place at the exact right time?

I don't know about the rest of you, but assuming Glenn survives, hopefully the other characters don't find out that he "died" - hopefully we just get the Morgan episode out the way so we can get the main course:
No Way Out

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Just watched the clip of Glenn's death.

a) No way he's dead. The entrails/stomach tearing don't match with where his head is positioned

b) That's...pretty emotionally manipulative, even for this show.

I thought the same, but even if I love Glenn, I'd prefer to think he's dead.

I very much doubt this show pull the Ratboy sandwich excuse and make it look believable.

Also, Morgan needs to go back to school, because he dun guffed pretty fucking bad.

Itt stands as a testament of this episode greatness that his death didn't feel cheap or forced despite the circumstances, unlike 99% of the other casualties.

I honestly have no idea how Maggie is going to take it.

They telegraphed that shit so hard you could see it coming a mile away. Glenn pulling Hershel's pocketwatch out, the "dumbass" conversation/callback with Rick, Nicholas bringing up the fact that the town was where he had a failed scouting run with Aiden just before meeting Glenn and the others... it was clear early on that something bad was going to happen.

Honestly, I didn't think this episode was all that great. It consisted of a lot of running, coupled with mauve shirts we've barely seen before getting a tiny bit of characterization before they were messily eaten. Same with last week - the Wolves attacked, and a bunch of redshirts died.

I would like to say I'm impressed if Glenn actually did die, but there were so many red herrings (in the show, Talking Dead and filming spoilers) that it came across as shock value.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Glenn will survive but be trapped in the town. He'll try to signal for help, and someone that goes outside of Alexandria a lot like Heath or Enid will see his signal. They even have a conversation in the pet store about how he'll figure out a way to let them know he is alive if something goes wrong. It wasn't exactly subtle.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
RE: Facebook pictures -
The pictures don't mean anything. Just because he's on the set w/ the actors doesn't mean he is actually in the shot.

this was meant for Heath. They even show him looking at his reflection in the stream and seeing blood all over his face.

Exactly.

RE: Facebook pictures -
The pictures don't mean anything. Just because he's on the set w/ the actors doesn't mean he is actually in the shot.

There's a series of photographs on a spoiler forum where he's seen filming a scene with Maggie, Abraham, Daryl and Jesus, and is dressed in a different outfit. Said photos were shot within the last month, and it's already been explained on said spoiler forum that this episode was shot months ago. Like I said before, there's no way they'd pay an actor for half-a-year just to show up on set if he wasn't needed.

Grizzlyjin

Also are those children that Rick gunned down?

Nah, just the group of Wolves that Morgan chased away in the last episode. The guy that stole the gun off that dead body last week got done in by Rick. Nice moment, a little ripple effect they resolved fairly simply.

-griffy-

Banned
I honestly have a hard time believing he is dead because it would be such a stupid death for a member of the original Atlanta group. Falling off a dumpster into a crowd of zombies? Like come on even if you don't like Glen the dude deserves a better death then that crap.

It would be a shitty death, but I don't think it would be a cheap death. Like, when I was immediately coming to terms with his death last night when I still thought it was legit, I hated it because fuck Nicolas. I don't want Glen to die because I like him, especially when it is caused by a shitheel like Nicolas. I hate it.

But at the same time, it was a logical death in that it was Glen's own character strength AND flaw leading to his own death. It seemed like they got stuck in an impossible situation, caused directly by character actions, and didn't cop out by having some last minute save but actually seemingly went to the logical outcome of the situation they put the characters in. It's exactly the type of thing that should be the cause of a character death in a show like this.

I don't like that the whole scene and scenario was essentially more about Nicolas rather than Glen (which retroactively makes it more obvious that Glen probably doesn't die), but that all seemed like the usual Walking Dead Clunkiness® that we gotta deal with week in and week out on this show. But it seems it's worse than that cause Glen probably survives.

100% agree, I really like Glenn, probably my 2nd favorite character right now but if he survives this it's the biggest asspull I've ever seen because off the impossibility of the the situation.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Can someone gif Glenn's (supposed) death?

I had to do some minor editing due to the sheer size of the files, but there you go.

NckrMHU.gif

A2Nlq4t.gif

I also made this one for fun.

F3kLrQa.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom