• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick cut his hand on a machete that was stuck in a walker's shoulder, or when his knife broke. No clue what you're referring to with Michonne..

Looks like I misunderstood something or wasn't paying attention. At some point in last night's episode, she looks down at her wrist and see's some sort of wound or injury, doesn't she?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Most of the conversation is, understandably, focused on Glenn's fate.

That said, there seemed to be some ambiguity surrounding Rick's and Michonne's injuries as well. Regarding Rick's hand injury, I honestly think I just forgot something from the previous episode - what's going on there? Michonne, on the other hand, genuinely appears to have been bit at some point, no?

Michonne wasn't bit. She was looking at the message she wrote on her arm that said "You're getting home." She wiped it off since the guy ended up dying

From my understanding, Rick injured his hand when he fought those 3 walkers on the road. His pocket knife broke. His hand injury started at that point.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Looks like I misunderstood something or wasn't paying attention. At some point in last night's episode, she looks down at her wrist and see's some sort of wound or injury, doesn't she?

No, she wrote down "You will get back home" or whatever to that guy. She saw it later in the episode after that dude was gone and wiped it off on her pant leg.

Michonne wasn't bit. She was looking at the message she wrote on her arm that said "You're getting home." She wiped it off since the guy ended up dying

From my understanding, Rick injured his hand when he fought those 3 walkers on the road. His pocket knife broke. His hand injury started at that point.

Welp, seems pretty obvious to me now. I feel stupid. Thanks, guys!

Maffis

If he really is alive that's a bad way to film it. It should've ended with him being surprisingly alive and the final cliffhanger should've been Rick's situation.

If not, that's hella cheating. Not even Lost pulled that shit.

Razmos

She wrote "You're gonna make it home" or something like that on her wrist to show to that guy who was bitten. She probably looked at it as a reminder or something.

EDIT: a bit late haha, I was about to post this when I had a spider emergency :p

Anyway yeah, Rick wasn't bitten either. He cut himself on a machete that was sticking out of a walker.

She wrote "You're gonna make it home" or something like that on her wrist to show to that guy who was bitten. She probably looked at it as a reminder or something.

EDIT: a bit late haha, I was about to post this when I had a spider emergency :p

Anyway yeah, Rick wasn't bitten either. He cut himself on a machete that was sticking out of a walker.

Well any spider emergency that you can walk away from is a good one.

What if they had an obese person with them? And they got to that fence. Everyone exchanges an awkward look and everyone knows to get their cardio in from now on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
buFtF8w.png

Day 1063: I continue to live amongst the walkers, they seem completely unable to tell me apart due to the blue face paint I am wearing.

lmao

That dude was so distracting. I wonder what was up with him?

Flakster99

Good episode.

Glenn is dead and I think they're purposely double faking us out by not showing his corpse, therefore making it seem like he could somehow, someway escape a horde of zombies... in reality he'll be unleash to his friends/family as a zombie, with much shock and horror ensuing.

Anything else is convoluted plot armor x 100. A fitting death to someone who wasn't strong enough to do what needed to be done; 1. Glenn not killing off Nicholas after the woods incident and 2. Glenn giving the OK for Nicholas to join their group after what just happened in the woods. Glenn was weak, far to trusting, and paid the price.

Heck, Rick did not permit Father Gabriel to join the group, Rick knew he fucked up, it was way to soon, and couldn't be trusted.

Geist-

If Glenn is revealed to be alive it would be a hilarious jump the shark moment.
This is the Walking Dead, they've already jumped the shark in my eyes with every episode having a ninja zombie that kills someone. Glenn surviving because he was under someone else's body is totally within the realm of possibility when it comes to this show's writers.

I'm really tired of the casualty rate these last couple episodes. If it was just Glenn I would have been fine
(I've already grieved after the comic book death)
, but I really wanted to see a post-apocalyptic town on TV, that's something that is fresh and new and interesting, and after the last couple episodes, I somehow doubt there are enough people to fill a house now.

SURGEdude

If Glenn is revealed to be alive it would be a hilarious jump the shark moment.

Agreed. While from an emotional standpoint I'd love for him to live, the hoops they would have to jump through for him to survive would be pretty damaging to a show that just recently seemed to start to find it's footing.

Nodnol

Solid enough episode, though the Glenn is puzzling. Just seems an odd decision.

If he's alive, then I'd love to see how. Cut a zombie throat and have a nice shower to hide under? With a full grown man's body on top, there's no way he's crawling under that dumpster. One thing is for sure though; though guts were Nicholas'.

If he's dead, then it's a rally shitty way of handling such a long standing characters death.

My money is on him living, though I have no idea how.

Saty

You would think knowing how easily distracted the zombies in this world are, that they would make sure to have and build as many noisemakers as they can so they'll be able to throw them around in situations like these. This has been a sore point in the show since forever.
I think that girl Carl has friended did throw a noisemaker as a distraction in one of last season's episodes. It's really annoying this tactic has been ignored for most of the time.

Anyhow, relatively to the show's history, S6 started pretty strong.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I definitely think the dumpster is what will come into play. When you think about it, there are easier ways to kill Glenn and Nicholas in that scene. You could just have them backed into the fence with the herd trapping them in the alley, sans dumpster. You can do that entire scene without the dumpster, except it makes it harder to get Nicholas in a position to be on top of Glenn when he kills himself, and then it doesn't give Glenn anywhere to go after Nicholas' death.

thenexus6

Glenns "death" was total bullshit. Biggest cop out in the entire show. Reading some people online saying he's alive - if he escapes that alley way thats bullshit too. Ugh how annoying.

UberTag

I'm really tired of the casualty rate these last couple episodes. If it was just Glenn I would have been fine
(I've already grieved after the comic book death)
, but I really wanted to see a post-apocalyptic town on TV, that's something that is fresh and new and interesting, and after the last couple episodes, I somehow doubt there are enough people to fill a house now.
We've still got LOTS of Alexandrians to kill off. Don't fret!

Deanna - former town leader prior to the arrival of the Rictatorship; Abe still doesn't know who she is
Spencer - her wimp of a son (still better than her dead jerk of a son)

Jessie - Rick's love interest; recently widowed courtesy of Rick
Ron - her mopey kid with a death wish who likes to stare at things
Sam - her cookie-medicated kid

Enid - Carl's turtle-eating love interest; likes to disappear
Mikey - son of that dipshit Nicholas; likes video games

Aaron - Daryl's new recruiter running buddy
Eric - Aaron's stay-at-home boyfriend who makes good spaghetti

Olivia - Alexandria's bookkeeper; she watches over all their food, guns and crap
Denise - I'm not a doctor but I'm the best you've got; oh wait, my patient's dead

Tobin - I used to run the wall crew - but Abe ran it better than I did; so now I just ignore Rick's calls on this walkie
Francine - rescued by Abe when she got pinned under a construction vehicle
Bruce - crew guy whose name is Bruce; that's his job - to be the best Bruce he can be

Heath - black man in the Walking Dead universe; minimal life expectancy; mistrusts Michonne
Scott - black man in the Walking Dead universe; minimal life expectancy and just got shot in the leg

The Millers - that old couple that gets trotted out for town gatherings; the husband is named Bob - and we all know what happens to Bobs in The Walking Dead

UberTag

Somehow I doubt Aaron's going to have much success in recruiting people to join Alexandria's "safe and thriving" community after this.
He should probably consider another line of work. Maybe vehicle restoration.
Shame too... as Daryl seemed to enjoy the idea of being a recruiter and helping that place to grow.

Nameless

Even if Nick landed reverse cowgirl on top of Glenn and those are his entrails we see, there's no way Glenn's arms and legs aren't exposed and being bitten to hell-- plus Walkers were rapidly closing in on his upper torso and neck when we lose sight of him. Not sure I can buy a scenario in which he makes it out unscathed.

And let's be honest... This was a long time coming for the ultimate ZombieApoc do-gooder. In fact I'm on the verge of saying he deserved it after giving the guy who got Noah killed, almost got him killed, then tried to kill him outright 3rd and 4th chances.

Has Glenn really never killed another human?
I don't recall a single time he has killed another human. He hasn't.

Also it's not like walkers are thinking "settle down guys there's more juicy meat below the corpose that's on top that we're all hacking away at, lets get at that one yo!!"

they be brain dead

jond76

Banned
buFtF8w.png

Day 1063: I continue to live amongst the walkers, they seem completely unable to tell me apart due to the blue face paint I am wearing.

This is one of two things:

1. A background zombie that somehow managed to get close to the camera, or

2. A homage to the zombies of Dawn of the Dead 1978. Savini said the zombie make up in that movie was gray, but it ended up filming blue .

My vote is for number 2, since there have been plenty of zombie homages in the past.

gabbo

major events and story arcs still occur for the most part but they deviate with certain character related things.

Also I love the gif, it's glorious. Looks like the walkers are digging into Nick's back. Yumm.

gd05icW.gif

That or Glenn recently misplaced his ribcage. You know, as you do.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What a stupid episode... Just bad all over the place. And Glenn ... Didn't see this coming at all.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Oh, maybe I was wrong. You can still see his face and he doesn't go under the dumpster

He's still alive though.

It looks like his face is completely covered in guts / blood. I guess we may see if fresh blood and guts can get you past walkers.

border

How many dumpsters are there that sit more than 6-8 inches off the ground? It's incredibly rare to see one that's elevated, let alone one with enough room for an adult to fit underneath.

How many dumpsters are there that sit more than 6-8 inches off the ground? It's incredibly rare to see one that's elevated, let alone one with enough room for an adult to fit underneath.
maybe he just crawls through all the legs, those are some tightly packed walkers not sure if any of them can bend down. Or maybe he just bursts up with enough force that it pushes them back for a second and he jumps into the dumpster. Or maybe there is enough room inside of it.

Or maybe the walkers are just full.

Konka

Banned
maybe he just crawls through all the legs, those are some tightly packed walkers not sure if any of them can bend down. Or maybe he just bursts up with enough force that it pushes them back for a second and he jumps into the dumpster. Or maybe there is enough room inside of it.

Or maybe the walkers are just full.

Or maybe...

tumblr_mopp44cLjl1qduh7lo1_500.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I've been seeing a lot of people be a little too loose with spoiler tags.

ALL material from the comic should be spoiler tagged. Whether or not we've passed the point where some events could come to fruition in the show or not. That includes events that look less likely to happen but could still potentially happen in the future on the show.

Please be more considerate to those who haven't read the comic.

Also, you gotta properly label them! People need to know if you're talking about comic spoilers or leaked set photos or preview material or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom