• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

I think he's dead and they are trolling us with the talking dead ambiguity and manufacturing enough doubt to keep people talking/interested. we will probably see him on screen again in some capacity but not as a living character.
See page 73 of this thread for picture proof - he ain't dead.

Huh. God damn. Nice catch.

It's hard to tell much of anything because of the quality but I can make out something.

What seals the deal for me though is this, picture taken from the episode.

ExSw2Eg.png

MDR1750

Neo Member
See page 73 of this thread for picture proof - he ain't dead.

saw it, and I've read every reply to this thread since the episode aired. I see pics of him on set but that just means he will be on screen again in some capacity, like i said in my post. in my view all this ambiguity is intentional misdirection to drum up hype.

Yeah. I'm starting to think they were tearing apart Nicholas. All the blood plus Glenn hiding underneath him will be the extra life.

I kind of see it as Nicholas thanking Glenn, and saving Glenn's life.

I'm pro ninja zombies. It's like you can't win. Any time you give a zombie a power people complain about it. Then you make zombies powerless and everyone complains that zombies aren't even a threat on a zombie show. Lord praise the ninjas.

Also people say there were all them standing around how did the rick hater get snuck up on. But when there's so many people around and he hears a step he probably wouldn't think it's a zombie!

Zombies only power is tgat there are a lot of them. They dont eat, sleep or do anything else but keep trying to eat you. And when a human dies the zombies gain another. They dont need any other "power".

Zombies only power is tgat there are a lot of them. They dont eat, sleep or do anything else but keep trying to eat you. And when a human dies the zombies gain another. They dont need any other "power".

I don't know, I'm more of a Night of the Living Dead [79] zombie fan. They're slow, they can't run... all you have to do is walk at a brisk pace and they'd never catch you!- I believe the line was.
Anyways, any zombie apocalypse without running zombies requires an extra bit suspended disbelief from me.

I thought for sure that after glenn gave guy the line about him changing that he was gonna shove him off the dumpster while saying, "I've changed too, bitch" haha

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 603: “Thank You”

OhzNyfj.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 603, “Thank You” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 603: “Thank You” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 604, “Here's Not Here” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 604, “Here's Not Here” - AMC | International
  • Talking Dead Bonus Scene - AMC
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • There were 140 walker extras on set for the scene where the herd arrives at the town. Some of them are referred to as “hero walkers”. These walkers get more detailed makeup to allow for close-ups.
  • The actor who plays new character Scott was already familiar to the cast. He is Sonequa Martin-Green's husband, Kenric Green.
  • Eagle-eyed viewers might have seen a familiar face in the mega herd. It was Executive Producer Greg Nicotero's 5th time as a walker in the series.
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Yeah. I'm starting to think they were tearing apart Nicholas. All the blood plus Glenn hiding underneath him will be the extra life.

I kind of see it as Nicholas thanking Glenn, and saving Glenn's life.

I think you have it backwards.

I think Glenn definitely got eaten, but that Nicholas is the one who is actually alive, despite having killed himself.

Herbs

Banned
Haha, this show. Comic Book Spoilers:
Either way this was a stupid move. If Glenn is dead it takes away the importance of his death and what that means for the future of the series. His death while brutal was key to Rick's new philosophy and his attempt to rebuild civilization. If they decide to fake the Glenn death then the show has jumped the shark and is worse than I originally thought.

Hacks.

Just finished the episode and reading the thread here.

Shocked that so many people thought
Glenn is dead. Seems to me that he is clearly not dead.

Anyway it seems that we have a burgeoning list of people who will be leaving the thread shortly! Godspeed.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering why they didn't clamber up the fire escape on the side?

Sure there was some stuff in the way, but it seemed easily traversable for them.

They were running down in a panic trying to go forward (tunnel vision, etc.) and that wouldn't appear to them going from their eye sight. By the time they could think of looking the other way it was too late with the Horde right behind them.

Lakitu

st5fu
Why didn't they simply use their knives to stab every zombie that came close to them on the dumpster? They could have taken out the entire herd.

Was that other guy on top of Glenn's body? If he was then there is a chance he's alive, but otherwise he's most definitely dead.

However, I don't care either way.

Why didn't they simply use their knives to stab every zombie that came close to them on the dumpster? They could have taken out the entire herd.
it's too risky. Once they kill the intial few infront of them and the bodies drop who knows if the walkers can kind of use the corpses as stairs and get into reaching range.

Alpende

I don't even care how they would explain Glenn being alive, he should be dead. There were a ton of Walkers in there all munching on Nicholas, they'd be done with Nicholas in a jiffy and move on to that fresh guy underneath him. Or they'll use the 'blood is a deterrent' method like in season 1.

I hate that I actually considered this, but once they'd stabbed the first three rows or so there'd be a substantial pile of dead walkers for the ones behind to clamber up and get their faces within biting distance.

Edit: didn't see Pyro's post above!

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even care how they would explain Glenn being alive, he should be dead. There were a ton of Walkers in there all munching on Nicholas, they'd be done with Nicholas in a jiffy and move on to that fresh guy underneath him. Or they'll use the 'blood is a deterrent' method like in season 1.

It's even silly that they would wait until Nick is eaten before moving on to Glenn. There's enough zombies there to immediately start feeding on both of them. You can even see a zombie's feet above Glenn's head as he's laying there but the zombie doesn't bother to just bend down and munch on Glenn. It's all so laughably bad.

Zombine

Banned
saw it, and I've read every reply to this thread since the episode aired. I see pics of him on set but that just means he will be on screen again in some capacity, like i said in my post. in my view all this ambiguity is intentional misdirection to drum up hype.

Brother, he would not be standing next to Paul in a flashback.

It's even silly that they would wait until Nick is eaten before moving on to Glenn. There's enough zombies there to immediately start feeding on both of them. You can even see a zombie's feet above Glenn's head as he's laying there but the zombie doesn't bother to just bend down and munch on Glenn. It's all so laughably bad.
Do the zombies have space to bend down when they're pressed against each other like that?

JDSN

Banned
So stupid that this is the only trick the show seems to have on Its sleeve, death has become boring in The Walking Death. And yeah, its some bullshit that he will make it, there is no way that he was not bitten in the legs or arms.

Geist-

Good thoughts there, makes sense!

I think the question is how long does it take for guts to become unappealing to zombies? I think considering we never see zombies/bodies who have had their bodies picked clean, I don't think it takes very long for zombies to lose interest. Otherwise I don't think there would be very many zombies in the first place.

JDSN

Banned
I think the question is how long does it take for guts to become unappealing to zombies? I think considering we never see zombies/bodies who have had their bodies picked clean, I don't think it takes very long for zombies to lose interest. Otherwise I don't think there would be very many zombies in the first place.
Lorri was eaten completely.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I was thinking of this today. The ratio of bodies being actually eaten must be rather low. If not the zombies themselves would have eaten out the living and there won't be many new zombies.

Anyway for those who don't care about comic spoilers, regarding the use of zombie guts as cover, Heavy Comic Spoilers That Will Probably Happen 2 TV Seasons Away
the current comic anatogonist is some one who leads a super large group of nomads who live via wearing the skins of zombies. They basically live like animals and think that humans should all live like that in the skins of the dead. And they can walk among zombies, using them as plain covers.
Big Comic Book Twist From This Year

sturmdogg

So that part when Rick was running on the road and saw that group of zombies having lunch, I wonder if his folding knife breaking was intentional or not. To me it looked like the prop broke, Rick looked at it like WTF then went on and improvised.

Wow great episode! This season has been 100mph from the jump.

Man I kinda hope Glenn is dead. It was stupid of him to try and give that ass hole a second chance after he tried to kill him at the end of last season. TWD is a fucked up world and you' don't help ass holes.

I thought it was poetic that dude blew his brains out and dragged Glenn down with him.

Disclaimer: I might commit suicide too in that moment. All those walkers in a trapped space like that is some horrific shit.

jond76

Banned
So that part when Rick was running on the road and saw that group of zombies having lunch, I wonder if his folding knife breaking was intentional or not. To me it looked like the prop broke, Rick looked at it like WTF then went on and improvised.

No way. You realize that most of the time they stab a walker in the head, the blade is digitally added?

If you got that feeling from that scene, then they did a good job choreographing it.

Herbs

Banned

no, too much planning goes into a sfx prop like that and the resulting injury too.

Hasn't the show put forward the idea that everyone who gets massacred ends up with blood pouring out their mouth while they get torn to shreds?

Only reason I say is because that definitely wasn't happening to Glenn while he was screaming.

Anarion07

I'm getting increasingly annoyed by how stupidly the main characters, who are supposed to be the experiences ones, act in some situations.
e.g. Glenn not jumping ontop of that container in the first place, trying to hop over into the hedges
or Michonne and the others waiting behind that fence for such a long time instead of just legging it.
Feels so staged, just to create tension :/

Other than that: great episode

Damn, some people will hate anything. This season has been some of the most awesome and intense TV I've seen. Dead or alive, who cares? That was a great fucking episode!

#pleasebealive

cacildo

Well, Glenn did called Rick "dumbass", a thing he dosent do since the first episodes of season 1.....
....like in that episode in which they spread blood and organs on themselves to escape the zombies

Razmos

I thought that episode was one of the worst, most pointless episodes I've seen. I was browsing GAF with it playing in the background. It had no substance at all, just action and lots of red shirts dying.

Different strokes for different folks though I guess.

cacildo

I thought that episode was one of the worst, most pointless episodes I've seen. I was browsing GAF with it playing in the background. It had no substance at all, just action and lots of red shirts dying.

Different strokes for different folks though I guess.

Well, it was way better than the one before that, when the red shirts were being killed left and right in Alexandria and the ones from rick´s group thought it was a good time to be talking about feelings and emotions

Razmos

Well, it was way better than the one before that, when the red shirts were being killed left and right in Alexandria and the ones from rick´s group thought it was a good time to be talking about feelings and emotions
I dunno I thought that episode had some good points, like the suddenness of the attack, the framing of it all happening during the length of a kitchen timer, Carol being awesome and Jessie defending her home.

Apart from that though, there was the ridiculous teenage love triangle, Ron being a stupid fucking douche, The Wolves being ridiculously hammy and crazy with seemingly no motive, Morgan being an idiot, all the screentime it devoted to Enid, the stupid "JSS" mystery which was lame and out of place, ect ect.

I can't really think of any good points from this episode, it seemed like filler to me and totally would be if it wasn't for Glenn's "death". It didn't work narratively or thematically, and had no real high points.

AMC's "The Walking Dead" posted adults 18-49 and viewership gains this week.

Likely benefiting from the absence of MLB competition and the strong response to last week’s episode, Sunday’s “The Walking Dead” enjoyed improvement in adults 18-49 and total viewership.

This week’s episode, which was the third of the sixth season, drew a 6.69 adults 18-49 rating with 13.143 million viewers.

While not as strong as those posted by the October 11 season premiere, the numbers comfortably best the 6.17 rating and 12.183 million viewership mark delivered by last week’s broadcast.

“The Walking Dead” was the night’s #1 cable program. Among primetime cable and broadcast network shows, it trailed only NBC’s Sunday Night Football coverage.

— Given the improved lead-in support and all that transpired on the episode, Sunday’s “Talking Dead” also enjoyed significant growth. After posting a 2.08 with 4.308 million viewers last week, this week’s post-game show delivered a 3.10 with 6.202 million viewers.

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2015/10/27/ratings-amcs-the-walking-dead-rises-this-week/

Diablos

There is no way that Glenn is dead. Of course I don't know how he will escape, he's up against a wall and surrounded by zombies. He could jump over a fence... but there's zombies on the other side most likely.

Also it looks like the next episode is going to be
A COMPLETE WASTE as it will be nothing but a glorified Morgan flashback. What the hell? STOP THIS FILLER NONSENSE

Herbs

Banned
There is no way that Glenn is dead. Of course I don't know how he will escape, he's up against a wall and surrounded by zombies. He could jump over a fence... but there's zombies on the other side most likely.

Also it looks like the next episode is going to be
A COMPLETE WASTE as it will be nothing but a glorified Morgan flashback. What the hell? STOP THIS FILLER NONSENSE

gotta stretch that impactful (lol) scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom