• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming there's no present day Morgan scenes in Alexandria... It does sound like this Morgan episode would of been better as 603 instead of 604. Should of swapped them around. It kinda makes sense with how Morgan acted in 602.

The writers have gone 2-3 episodes without Rick before. I guess they didn't want to go too long without their beautiful superhero, Daryl.

hbkdx12

I'm getting increasingly annoyed by how stupidly the main characters, who are supposed to be the experiences ones, act in some situations.
e.g. Glenn not jumping ontop of that container in the first place, trying to hop over into the hedges
or Michonne and the others waiting behind that fence for such a long time instead of just legging it.
Feels so staged, just to create tension :/

Other than that: great episode

I face palmed so got damn hard i ended up giving myself a headache. As soon as you realized there were zombies on the other side of the fence (i think it was barbwired too) why would you not immediately jump into the hedges. I don't recall any barbwire or obstructions stopping them from doing it.

It's like they ran into some bullshit invisible wall video game logic. It was to the point that even when glen died (we all know he didn't) I didn't even care. I was just like whatever, he deserves it if that's the case.

I also find the idea that there's hundreds upon hundreds of walkers that are following a single car and motorcycle to be just as silly and it makes me annoyed everytime they show it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm getting tired of the episodes covering the same timeline but showing others perspectives. It reminds me of how Arrested Development season 4 was and I hated it for that.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I face palmed so got damn hard i ended up giving myself a headache. As soon as you realized there were zombies on the other side of the fence (i think it was barbwired too) why would you not immediately jump into the hedges. I don't recall any barbwire or obstructions stopping them from doing it.

It's like they ran into some bullshit invisible wall video game logic. It was to the point that even when glen died (we all know he didn't) I didn't even care. I was just like whatever, he deserves it if that's the case.

I also find the idea that there's hundreds upon hundreds of walkers that are following a single car and motorcycle to be just as silly and it makes me annoyed everytime they show it.

I felt the same way, except I was fairly certain that during that scene right before Nicholas shoots himself Glenn was trying to talk to him and get him to jump to the hedge side of the fence. But Glenn couldn't do anything because Nicholas was in his way and obviously losing his shit.

They were only on top of the dumpster for like 10 seconds and had swarms of zombies trying to grab them so they were understandably panicked. Had Nicholas not blown his brains out, jumping that side of the fence was pretty obvious had they just gotten a clear second or two to figure something out, but they never got that.

hbkdx12

I felt the same way, except I was fairly certain that during that scene right before Nicholas shoots himself Glenn was trying to talk to him and get him to jump to the hedge side of the fence. But Glenn couldn't do anything because Nicholas was in his way and obviously losing his shit.

They were only on top of the dumpster for like 10 seconds and had swarms of zombies trying to grab them so they were understandably panicked. Had Nicholas not blown his brains out, jumping that side of the fence was pretty obvious had they just gotten a clear second or two to figure something out, but they never got that.

I would agree with you and give them the benefit of the doubt if

1) they hadn't wasted precious time and ammo standing off against the walkers before even bothering to get on top of the dumpster. Nicholas i can understand doing this but Glen is a pro. It doesn't take much to realize trying to stand your ground and wasting bullets was a futile effort against that many walkers in that enclosed of a space.

2) they knew there were walkers on the other side of the fence before they hopped onto the dumpster so it's not like they got on top of it in an attempt to get over the fence and got surprised that there were walkers on the the other side. They only got on the dumpster cuz they ran out of space and ammo from trying to defend themselves which was a dumb move to begin with.

Radec

So over the course of this series, Maggie lost her:

Glenn Rhee - Former Husband (Deceased)
Hershel Greene - Father (Deceased)
Josephine Greene - Mother (Deceased)
Annette Greene - Step-Mother (Deceased)
Beth Greene - Half-Sister (Deceased)
Shawn Greene - Step-Brother (Deceased)
Arnold Greene - Cousin (Deceased)
Glenn Rhee - Husband (Deceased)

I'd kill myself now if I was her.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I would agree with you and give them the benefit of the doubt if

1) they hadn't wasted precious time and ammo standing off against the walkers before even bothering to get on top of the dumpster. Nicholas i can understand doing this but Glen is a pro. It doesn't take much to realize trying to stand your ground and wasting bullets was a futile effort against that many walkers in that enclosed of a space.

2) they knew there were walkers on the other side of the fence before they hopped onto the dumpster so it's not like they got on top of it in an attempt to get over the fence and got surprised that there were walkers on the the other side. They only got on the dumpster cuz they ran out of space and ammo from trying to defend themselves which was a dumb move to begin with.

Fair points, but it's a TV show and while they didn't act in the most prudent and logical way, the scene is supposed to create tension and drama. Their actions weren't wildly unbelievable to me, just a bit dramatic.

So over the course of this series, Maggie lost her:

Glenn Rhee - Former Husband (Deceased)
Hershel Greene - Father (Deceased)
Josephine Greene - Mother (Deceased)
Annette Greene - Step-Mother (Deceased)
Beth Greene - Half-Sister (Deceased)
Shawn Greene - Step-Brother (Deceased)
Arnold Greene - Cousin (Deceased)
Glenn Rhee - Husband (Deceased)

I'd kill myself now if I was her.

Don't worry, she still has Glenn

Razmos

lmao the wiki actually lists Glenn as dead. Seems like a waste of effort since they are going to have it change it back in 2 weeks time.

It makes me chuckle that some people actually believe he is dead

hbkdx12

I'm also being really nitpicking here but how is it that glen is facing nicholas as nicholas shoots himself on the right with the exiting wound being on the left side of his head but there's there HUGE blood spatter that flies in and soaks the right side of glen's face?

There was no walkers on that side of them that the splatter would have come from as the dumpster was surrounded on all sides and none of the zombies on the other side of the fence were that high up

Just seemed weird

The whole Glenn thing.... sheesh.

For one thing, TWD is terrible with telegraphing things and/or setting up overly drawn out, dramatic moments.
Glenn taking the time to randomly pull out the pocket-watch in the pet store + his throwback to S1 "dumbass" line to Rick= my first thought was "oh, they're finally killing him. There are some signs!"

Then the moments before the 'death' scene starts and I'm thinking "no way Gimple has the balls". Hundreds of zombies all around- "Hmmm... maybe it IS going to happen?!?!".
Jackass Nick blows his brains out, somehow falls forward and over on Glenn, perfectly landing on the one human-sized space without zombies, and my immediate thought once guts start getting ripped out? "Oh Jesus Christ they are actually eating Nick and somehow/someway Glenn's other exposed limbs, including a screaming face, will get through this unscathed."

I dunno. I really like Glenn- but I hope I'm wrong and he really is, indeed, gone. The audience needs a reminder that these characters are still people that can die easily, which I'm starting to feel like many of these characters are immune to now.

Pilgrimzero

Every time they've killed a main character they made sure that you KNOW he's dead. Bullet to the head. Actually see guts being pulled out of the body. Etc.

Glenn's "death" was left to ambiguous to be a real character death.

First rule of TV dramas: no body, no death.

Radec

lmao the wiki actually lists Glenn as dead. Seems like a waste of effort since they are going to have it change it back in 2 weeks time.

It makes me chuckle that some people actually believe he is dead

It makes me chuckle that some people are still in denial that Glenn somehow lived under that swarm of zombies.

KuGsj.gif

Group wanders, fights bandits, finds safety, lives for a bit, bandits attack, home ruined, main character killed off, group leaves broken fortress, group wanders...

The story isn't progressing, it's meandering and cycling. I hear a Harley revving up and splashing from a pool, but it might just be my imagination.

I was actually looking forward to a Morgan flashback episode but after this week all I want to know is whether Glenn is alive or not lol.
Seriously... Fuck Morgan. Its good that Rick was able to kill those wolves Morgan set free but sooner or later that crap from him will get one of his friends killed.

The whole Glenn thing.... sheesh.

For one thing, TWD is terrible with telegraphing things and/or setting up overly drawn out, dramatic moments.
Glenn taking the time to randomly pull out the pocket-watch in the pet store + his throwback to S1 "dumbass" line to Rick= my first thought was "oh, they're finally killing him. There are some signs!"

Then the moments before the 'death' scene starts and I'm thinking "no way Gimple has the balls". Hundreds of zombies all around- "Hmmm... maybe it IS going to happen?!?!".
Jackass Nick blows his brains out, somehow falls forward and over on Glenn, perfectly landing on the one human-sized space without zombies, and my immediate thought once guts start getting ripped out? "Oh Jesus Christ they are actually eating Nick and somehow/someway Glenn's other exposed limbs, including a screaming face, will get through this unscathed."

I dunno. I really like Glenn- but I hope I'm wrong and he really is, indeed, gone. The audience needs a reminder that these characters are still people that can die easily, which I'm starting to feel like many of these characters are immune to now.

If I was a writer and I should kill a character it would be Glenn or Daryl. Why Daryl? The show lost its potential to make Daryl a much interesting character when they killed Beth in the most retarded way possible. It like along with Beths character it took with it Daryls personality. Almost close to a character which serves no purppose anymore but its stil there because wirters can't find a way to write him out of the story in a logical way.

Konka

Banned
Why are they so averse to using bicycles in this series? "None of the cars work" You're telling me there are no bikes, anywhere? They don't need gas and don't really break down and could easily outrun the walkers. Makes no sense at all.

Razmos

If I was a writer and I should kill a character it would be Glenn or Daryl. Why Daryl? The show lost its potential to make Daryl a much interesting character when they killed Beth in the most retarded way possible. It like along with Beths character it took with it Daryls personality. Almost close to a character which serves no purppose anymore but its stil there because wirters can't find a way to write him out of the story in a logical way.
Indeed, they are in a tough spot now where Daryll has no real point anymore, but he can't be killed off because the fanbase would go apeshit.

The best thing to do would to just keep Daryll as a background character from now on until people stop caring about him, and THEN maybe killing him off.

I can't even recall him doing anything so far this season, so maybe that is what they are doing.

It's unfathomable to me that you are seriously comparing an empty baby carrier to a guy being ripped apart on camera. I would also dispute "most" people believing Judith was dead. I certainly didn't and I know I wasn't alone.

I remember the fan reaction after "Too Far Gone" aired. While there were some people who knew it was a ruse, the general public by and large thought she'd been killed. That's the only thing that matters at the end of the day - the press loses their collective shit, fans who don't know any better start crying about it, and the small subset of people who've been spoiled nod their heads.

I don't understand how the concept of the audience being led to believe someone is dead (and then turning around and revealing that it's not the case) is lost on you. You're basically debating semantics at this point.

You don't believe the production team would go so far as to have odd camera angles and misleading shots to make the audience believe that a character is dead. I'm telling you that it can (and just did) happen. This series has had a lot of dumb moments where the audience's intelligence is taken for granted.

The story isn't progressing, it's meandering and cycling. I hear a Harley revving up and splashing from a pool, but it might just be my imagination.

I keep hoping that AMC will do a final season where the characters go for broke and try travelling to Washington to find a cure. They spend half the season on the road, encountering and picking up other survivors, and then the last 6 episodes are just balls-to-the-wall mayhem as they find old research notes and attempt to synthesize a cure while walkers converge on them.

Why are they so averse to using bicycles in this series? "None of the cars work" You're telling me there are no bikes, anywhere? They don't need gas and don't really break down and could easily outrun the walkers. Makes no sense at all.

I bet the producers are afraid the characters would look silly.

It makes me chuckle that some people are still in denial that Glenn somehow lived under that swarm of zombies.

KuGsj.gif

Not really in denial, as I could give two squirts about show Glenn. It has more to do with the parade of on-set photos all over the internet showing him filming scenes with characters that have yet to be introduced. There are no secrets with this show- the set is basically an open book. The entirety of Sunday's episode was spoiled well before it aired, including the fake-out death scene with Glenn.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed, they are in a tough spot now where Daryll has no real point anymore, but he can't be killed off because the fanbase would go apeshit.

The best thing to do would to just keep Daryll as a background character from now on until people stop caring about him, and THEN maybe killing him off.

I can't even recall him doing anything so far this season, so maybe that is what they are doing.

This has already happen with me. Daryl use to be my favorite character on the show but now I don't really care all that much about him. Never would have thought Carol would outshine him but here we are.

I guess the people who don't follow the talk show, spoilers, interviews or anything related to the show besides the actual episodes will think Glenn is dead - that's understandable.

Nodnol

Rewatched it this morning.

Glenn should have jumped from the dumpster to the fence to his right (looking towards the hoard). Climb over, Nicholas hesitates and then shoots himself. They didn't need to make it so...awkward.

HardRojo

That was such a cheap angle to shot "Glenn's death". I hope it all makes sense when we see how the hell he got out of that parade.

Razmos

I guess the people who don't follow the talk show, spoilers, interviews or anything related to the show besides the actual episodes will think Glenn is dead - that's understandable.
Even without the spoilers; the odd circumstances surrounding the death, the misleading camera angles, the lack of any definite proof that Glenn is dead, it's not rocket science.

I mean they showed a random redshirt being ripped apart against a fence and bitten all over just a few minutes before in gory detail with lots of focus, but then they cut away and make the death of one of the most major characters in the show ambiguous? riggghhtt

That was such a cheap angle to shot "Glenn's death". I hope it all makes sense when we see how the hell he got out of that parade.

it's really exciting to get to the rest

people can bitch about ti all they want like they do about at least 5 different things every season but I enjoy the crazy reactions and I enjoy the anticipation of finding out what's going to happen and how it all happened/happens.

hype+1

Even without the spoilers; the odd circumstances surrounding the death, the misleading camera angles, the lack of any definite proof that Glenn is dead, it's not rocket science.
it's like people never seen a tv show before but I guess a lot of people that watch TWD are casuals

Apoc29

walking-dead-walker-mob.gif

Hey, the dumpster was supposed to up against a barbed wire fence...now there's no fence? IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DUMPSTER, GUYS! Glen's totally alive!

Seriously though, I hope next week is 90 minutes of Glen getting eaten piece by piece so there's no ambiguity.

kaskade

I don't know why they didn't try and climb that fire escape. There was just some random stuff that could be pushed out of the way. I guess that's not as fun for story purposes though.

Hey, the dumpster was supposed to up against a barbed wire fence...now there's no fence? IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DUMPSTER, GUYS! Glen's totally alive!

Seriously though, I hope next week is 90 minutes of Glen getting eaten piece by piece so there's no ambiguity.

Upper left zombie has clearly been using moisturizer.

I'm not so sure, at least in my experience it seems like what was shown was enough for people to conclude that he's dead. Everyone that I've spoken to think that he's definitely dead. Although they don't follow spoilers, interviews or anything like that - just watch the show.

I don't know why they didn't try and climb that fire escape. There was just some random stuff that could be pushed out of the way. I guess that's not as fun for story purposes though.

someone already mentioned it before me but when you're under that kind of last second pressure you don't always think clearly. Tunnel vision is a good word for it. It's easy for us to say what should or shouldn't be done.

kaskade

someone already mentioned it before me but when you're under that kind of last second pressure you don't always think clearly. Tunnel vision is a good word for it. It's easy for us to say what should or shouldn't be done.

That's definitely true. We can sit here and critic all we want. I would've been dead season 1 for sure.

Anarion07

While it might be true, you have to consider they've been in these situations tons of times already.
The first time you go bungee jumping you shit your pants, the tenth time not so much.

While it might be true, you have to consider they've been in these situations tons of times already.
The first time you go bungee jumping you shit your pants, the tenth time not so much.
Not like this IMO

Cornered by literally a thousand walkers with no immediate way out? They haven't been in that situation before

but every shot is calculated

they edited this shot very specifically.

It's so dense, every image has something going on!!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
but every shot is calculated

they edited this shot very specifically.

It's so dense, every image has something going on!!

While it may be pretty to look at at times, it's hard to find a TV show with more raccord mistakes than TWD. Specially during action scenes.

It's fucking brutal.

Kyne

if you check the zombie that would be closest to Glen's face at the very last second it starts to shift left as if he's moving up/under the dumpster.

So if Glenn is alive, does that mean every major character that is meant to die gets a plot-death?

It was very refreshing to see Glenn's death be exactly like it should be in a zombie apocalypse. Some people should die like they were extras.

Also, we see in some scenes that walkers go right for the neck/eyes/head.

It bothers me that Glenn's head is so exposed, yet no walker goes for his face.

Please stay "dead".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom