• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkdx12

walking-dead-walker-mob.gif

Hey, the dumpster was supposed to up against a barbed wire fence...now there's no fence? IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DUMPSTER, GUYS! Glen's totally alive!

Seriously though, I hope next week is 90 minutes of Glen getting eaten piece by piece so there's no ambiguity.

There's a quick angle when they first get up on the dumpster that shows that it's not flush with the fence and that it got somehow engulfed by the walkers in the span of two seconds

Sadist

While it might be true, you have to consider they've been in these situations tons of times already.
The first time you go bungee jumping you shit your pants, the tenth time not so much.
Thing is, Nicholas is a coward. A huge coward. While we don't know that much about his character, we do know as an supply runner he's unreliable and only looks out for number one. Hell, he demonstrated/explained this three times in the course of the series; with Glenn, Tara, Eugene and Noah he bailed on Glenn and left Noah to die, brutally torn apart by walkers. Second time he lures Glenn outside of Alexandria and almost muders him using cowardly tactics. In the episode on sunday he kills off the walker by the car because he was a former teammate and feels he needs to do this. "We left him behind" and I'm pretty certain that wasn't needed. Glenn even tells him "you're not that guy anymore".

Apparantly, he is.

SteveWD40

It bothers me that Glenn's head is so exposed, yet no walker goes for his face.

Yeah, they are shooting for this "is he / isn't he" scenario but breaking their own rules to get there.

He slips under the dumpster, why wouldn't they follow? there are so many of them and they can fit if he can (Rick under the tank).

Not one inch of him is exposed? no bites on his arms, legs, and of course the exposed, mewling face? Bullshit, Z's are going to be clawing at anything they can reach.

look at Glen's chest in the last shot. It's not part of his body, as it's protruding off of him. It's not his chest.

Of course it's not his chest. It's a prop chest filled with fake guts that can be pulled out.

I'm not taking sides one way or another though.

-griffy-

Banned
look at Glen's chest in the last shot. It's not part of his body, as it's protruding off of him. It's not his chest.

But the problem is there very obviously isn't another body on top of him in the second picture. Somehow Nicolas is supposed to be laying on top of him, yet we don't see any part of him, no limbs, head, torso? They are cheating the blocking/staging of the scene to mislead if it's not Glen getting ripped apart.

How does he even end up with is head near the dumpster? They were standing on it and then fell off the side...Should his feet be near the dumpster?
The same way Daryl could drive an ambulance off a bridge and have it land on its 4-wheels. It's contrived and comes off as both sloppy and hokey.

I'm on team alive.

I watched it again and ... they seem to be wearing similar colored shirts for this very reason. To fake us out.

They wouldn't kill off a major character without making it clear and making an event outta it and no main character connected to Glen is important enough to try to pull that ghost vision shit again.

How they're gonna pull it off? No clue. Maybe he losses an arm or something in his escape attempt ... maybe something happens to draw the horde away after her gets under the dumpster.

I'm still not entirely sure why/how Glenn fell in the first place.

Apparently Nick's body did a complete 180 after shooting himself in the freaking head. The cover is plastic so it's a understandable Nicks fall can cause an unbalance. But the shot looks horrible. Not only does Glenn react as if he got shot but it even looks like he's trying to catch him. The whole scene is dumb especially if the sole purpose was to fake out the audience.

The last shot was really sweet though, such a waste. :(

stufte

walking-dead-walker-mob.gif

Hey, the dumpster was supposed to up against a barbed wire fence...now there's no fence? IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DUMPSTER, GUYS! Glen's totally alive!

Seriously though, I hope next week is 90 minutes of Glen getting eaten piece by piece so there's no ambiguity.

Those extras in the top right workin' their serious zombie acting skills.

3rgXBDvIJQqtzKt8cw.gif

Team dead.

Dude is in a moshpit of zombies with fresh meat on the table, shocked and bewildered. If he makes it out alive, this show will have jumped the shark. I mean, armed surivors surrounded by other armed survivors in a controlled situation get their shoulders bit by ninja zombies, and we're gonna have to suspend our disbelief when an unarmed guy on the floor with a dead person and a hundred zombies makes it out alive unscathed?

Team dead.

Dude is in a moshpit of zombies with fresh meat on the table, shocked and bewildered. If he makes it out alive, this show will have jumped the shark. I mean, armed surivors surrounded by other armed survivors in a controlled situation get their shoulders bit by ninja zombies, and we're gonna have to suspend our disbelief when an unarmed guy on the floor with a dead person and a hundred zombies makes it out alive unscathed?

All signs point to yes- we're going to have to suspend our disbelief.

jelly

He wasn't exactly acting like he was getting ripped apart, he was just screaming, I would expect blood out his mouth and him fading away. Yeah, surviving all those zombies is a bit of a leap but gut a few while their chomping on the other guy, get covered in the zombie guts, maybe....

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
How does he even end up with is head near the dumpster? They were standing on it and then fell off the side...Should his feet be near the dumpster?

There's so much fuckery going on with this scene. None of it makes actual sense.

BBboy20

John Carpenter been giving Bear synth lessons.
I think he's been doing snyths too on Agents.

The apocalypse does not care for whiners
Surprised nobody called any of the Alexandrians weak sauce after getting killed so damn easily.

Put him out of his misery.

Dammit. Assholes.
Shit, you're a better writer then paid professionals.

Kid finally seeing the truth, reality slapping him in the face.
I was expecting a walker to emerge from teh water and be further annoyed.

I agree even though he was part of the main main cast I still don't think he was a top top-tier character, he was A+ but only Rick Darryl and Michonne are the S class...well Carol is too..she a straight gangsta. The worst part though is he had to die with a shitty fucking character and because of him letting that shitty character live that's pretty much the reason he died.

Gabriel isn't as shitty as Nicholas smfh.....
Who's A++?

It reminds me in a way of one of the most shocking deaths in Terminator: The Sarah Chronicles, where
Brian Austin Green's character
didn't die in a blaze of glory and a cloud of gunpowder smoke, but shot in the face with no prior alert. I remember some people were pissed off at how unceremonious it was, but it made sense and served to convey the message: even badass dudes can bit it like a chump if they make a bad turn.
I was pissed off because he made a bad turn like an oblivious chump. After all he's gone through, he somehow makes a mistake like that? Fortunately, I became ok with it with the ending but still...

Morgan def needs a reality check.
Same with Glenn because it's quite apparent the writers are making Rick a Mass-Murdering Jesus Christ at this point. Always Right, Every Time.

it is my absolute favourite thing. Especially when there's so much chaos happening it's like he's full boar rick lol.

walking-dead-rick-wolves.gif
Dude's the ultimate survivor at this point...well, until that final scene....though, I expected more out of that lead Wolf. Guess he presented himself less of a chump then he actually was.

Dude's the ultimate survivor at this point...well, until that final scene....though, I expected more out of that lead Wolf. Guess he presented himself less of a chump then he actually was.
Wolf will gather ammo, climb the RV and snipe all the zombies. Problem solved.

Prologue

I don't think they would have killed off Glenn without a few more moments with him and Maggie. We barely got a 5 second clip of them together this season.

RangerX

Banned
Judging from what Gimple has said and the bullshit camera trickery they employed then he probably will end up alive but it is the single most unbelievable thing that has ever happened on the show. There is literally no way he could have survived. His head is completely exposed and he is fucking screaming. Screaming and he doesn't get bitten once anywhere. Come the fuck on. There is a hundred zombies there. I genuinely can't fathom how the creators would actually contemplate keeping him alive. They must think the viewers have been lobotomized.

What I don't understand is even if Glen didn't get ripped up, what's to stop the Walkers from continuing to rip through Glen when they get through Nicholas' body?

What I don't understand is even if Glen didn't get ripped up, what's to stop the Walkers from continuing to rip through Glen when they get through Nicholas' body?
Nothing? Glenn better act quick. Guess we'll find out how it all went down in 2-3 weeks. Either a distraction from the outside or Glenn acts really fast.

This.

Unless walkers are getting fussy. "Eww, floor human. Just eat the dude whose resting conveniently on top of him".

Another silly thing is how Michonne covered herself in blood earlier in the series and the Walkers ignored her. Why not cover themselves in Walker blood at any other point since? It's almost as if they forgot that it helped. I still like the show, but it keeps going round in a circle like Heroes did with Sylar.

Red Mage

Apparently Nick's body did a complete 180 after shooting himself in the freaking head. The cover is plastic so it's a understandable Nicks fall can cause an unbalance. But the shot looks horrible. Not only does Glenn react as if he got shot but it even looks like he's trying to catch him. The whole scene is dumb especially if the sole purpose was to fake out the audience.

The last shot was really sweet though, such a waste. :(

The scene is dumb regardless, as has been the producers' behavior. Either people are going to be pissed at being faked out, or they're going to be pissed at them holding out hope for no good reason than to screw with their audience.

Darren870

Another silly thing is how Michonne covered herself in blood earlier in the series and the Walkers ignored her. Why not cover themselves in Walker blood at any other point since? It's almost as if they forgot that it helped. I still like the show, but it keeps going round in a circle like Heroes did with Sylar.

I believe that's how they were getting sick in the prison. From being exposed to so much blood.

Could be wrong, not 100% sure.

Varjis

Honestly I feel like Glenn is alive and Kirkman and Gimple.. comic plot spoilers
Is gonna have Negan kill someone like Carol or Daryl to really mindfuck people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom