• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokahey

I straight up thought Negan was the guy on the bike who stopped them and all, NOPE.

I'm in a quandry do I read the comics or not? I have read book 1.

I personally think the comic blows the show away. The show is Walking Dead Lite. The comic...jesus. I could not love it more. I think I only watch the show to see how the different comic arcs will play out on screen.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Why? Then say T-Dog. Whatever. I didn't start watching this show till season 4 but this complaint has merit imo
What is the complaint? I think people are just joking about him not mentioning t-dog, it's kind of a walking dead meme.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
And someone correct me if I'm wrong but aren't a lot more people using dvr to watch the show? That takes a decent chunk away cause most people don't wanna sit through commercials. Plus it was Valentine's Day coming off an average midseason finale. I see no reason for AMC to worry.

Yeah, although the show is still down a bit when compared to the dvr ratings from last season. Not that this is something to worry about, mind. The Walking Dead's perpetual upward trajectory has been an anomaly in the TV world - a little ratings erosion, especially after 6 years, is to be expected.

LycanXIII

Why? Then say T-Dog. Whatever. I didn't start watching this show till season 4 but this complaint has merit imo

Might as well list off:
Lori
Shane
Morales
Jacqui
Amy
Ed
Sophia
Jim
Merle
Otis
Beth
Axel
Bob
Lizzy
Mika

As people who made who he is today if you're going to include T-Dog. Yeah, guy lasted until season 3, but he didn't do much.

walkingdead-tdog-rip-t8ry9.gif

Majestad

Banned
Consensus on this episode? I thought it was one of the best TWD episodes to date. Shit kept me in suspense throughout the whole episode. Glenn's plot armor has become unbearable though.

UberTag

Consensus on this episode? I thought it was one of the best TWD episodes to date. Shit kept me in suspense throughout the whole episode. Glenn's plot armor has become unbearable though.
It was a perfectly fine episode if you turned your brain off while watching it and weren't expecting much in the way of quality acting.

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 609: “No Way Out”

PHCQs6Y.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 609, “No Way Out” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 609: “No Way Out” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 610, “The Next World” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 610, “The Next World” - AMC | International
  • Talking Dead Episode 609 Bonus Scene - AMC
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • Seth Gilliam was happy that Father Gabriel finally stood up and delivered a message of survival to the Alexandrians. “It speaks volumes to the impact that he can have on the community, and the value that he might have to Rick.”
  • 500 gallons of propane were used to create the fiery lake walker trap. The crew used propane instead of gasoline because it is easier to control and less noxious.
  • Ross Marquand says he barely slept over five intense days while filming this episode. “We're supposed to look a little terrible on this show anyway.”
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Blatz

Might as well list off:
Lori
Shane
Morales
Jacqui
Amy
Ed
Sophia
Jim
Merle
Otis
Beth
Axel
Bob
Lizzy
Mika

As people who made who he is today if you're going to include T-Dog. Yeah, guy lasted until season 3, but he didn't do much.

Or just take your pick...

wddeaths.jpg

The preview of Sundays episode certainly appeared to be a bit more 'actiony' than I thought it would be, thought it would be all contemplative and soul searching.

Rick and Darryl look like they're on a mission!

Rick going out to face off against the walkers was a fantastic moment. It was the culmination of all his madness/ricktatorship moments bubbling over and giving him this crazy sense of purpose.

How many did he take out with just a short Axe?

silva1991

Well this episode escalated quickly.

it's funny how Carl didn't freak out when he got shot like a normal being, but instead he was like: I think I got shot or something.

Well this episode escalated quickly.

it's funny how Carl didn't freak out when he got shot like a normal being, but instead he was like: I think I got shot or something.

I preferred it. They didn't do the whole cliche as he screams dramatically thing which is fine because not all people react the same. It was silent, quick and unconscious in moments. I'm glad they ripped it straight from the comics.

Majestad

Banned
Nahhhh she wasn't that important. Glad it's over too. Hopefully they can start to write characters we actually give a damn about..

I kinda liked her. Easy on the yes, but more importantly, she wasn't a dumbass and seemed fairly "loyal" to Rick. Her death was due to the circumstances, and not by a dumb mistake.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
From all my years reading Ausiello, there's nothing that gets him more excited than either someone big dying or character shipping. I'm expecting someone to get suddenly killed before the end or for Rick/Michonne to hook up or Daryl/Carol hooking up (again) or a couple I'm not even thinking of.

From all my years reading Ausiello, there's nothing that gets him more excited than either someone big dying or character shipping. I'm expecting someone to get suddenly killed before the end or for Rick/Michonne to hook up or Daryl/Carol hooking up (again) or a couple I'm not even thinking of.
Again? I think I would remember that sir!

lol yeah totally forgot it never really happened. Alright then it's definitely that or Richonne becoming a thing. Or someone is dying like Morgan or something.

I been reading this guys hype about 100 different TV shows for years.
I remember back in the day having the Daryl/Carol hopes, but that kinda died for me long ago :/

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Rick/Michonne hooking up makes sense now with the blonde dead.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
too good to be true but I'd love it. They've always had a good bond.

they haven't interacted a ton with eachother lately. Hopefully we get something in this back half. Maybe sunday :(

I've always wanted them to be together...Daryl/Carol too. Too be fair Daryl has been out in the woods since the first half of season six. He's back in black now and is ready to plow...

Tabris

Hmm. I wonder how they are going to handle the following this season:

Major comic spoilers:

In the comic, the Saviours weren't known until Rick visits Hilltop with Jesus. And there wouldn't have been an issue until Carl questions the Hilltop situation with Saviours and then Rick offers to protect instead. Carl essentially starts the war with the Saviours, one of my favourite pieces of dialogue from the comic.

Also Glenn and Carl never seem to have any dialogue in tv show together. So I hope they add some scenes between Glenn and Carl before Glenn gets Lucille'd so it makes sense why Carl will go after Negan in the most badass Carl moment ever. I guess that's a Season 7 situation.

Hmm. I wonder how they are going to handle the following this season:

Major comic spoilers:

In the comic, the Saviours weren't known until Rick visits Hilltop with Jesus. And there wouldn't have been an issue until Carl questions the Hilltop situation with Saviours and then Rick offers to protect instead. Carl essentially starts the war with the Saviours, one of my favourite pieces of dialogue from the comic.

Also Glenn and Carl never seem to have any dialogue in tv show together. So I hope they add some scenes between Glenn and Carl before Glenn gets Lucille'd so it makes sense why Carl will go after Negan in the most badass Carl moment ever. I guess that's a Season 7 situation.

That whole subplot will probably be rewritten to fit with Carl's older age in the show. It'll definitely happen in some capacity though, Gimple has he really likes the Negan/Carl stuff and can't wait to he gets there.

His reasoning for going after the Saviours may be different though. Perhaps Judith is killed?

Tabris

That whole subplot will probably be rewritten to fit with Carl's older age in the show. It'll definitely happen in some capacity though, Gimple has he really likes the Negan/Carl stuff and can't wait to he gets there.

His reasoning for going after the Saviours may be different though. Perhaps Judith is killed?

That would be out of sync with what Negan is about though. He's evil as fuck but does have a code. With the whole no rape and I assume no children thing.

That would be out of sync with what Negan is about though. He's evil as fuck but does have a code. With the whole no rape and I assume no children thing.

I always thought Negan is for anything except rape. I don't think he has a problem with killing children. He included Carl and Sophia in the "eeny meeny miny moe" game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom