• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

It seemed forced to me. The only thing that gave it away was watching her Rick and Carl play house at the start of the episode. That was definitely an intimate moment.

I can't say I saw a whole lot before or outside of that that would suggest they'd ever actually be a "thing" other than ppl just suggesting it needed to happen for their own fantasy/satisfaction

I don't see how you couldn't see it. It's been brewing for some time. She gets along with Carl very well and outside of Daryl, Rick seems to truly trust her and value her opinion.

Jerm411

Why? From an evolutionary standpoint, it makes perfect sense. Rick is the alpa male and Michonne is the alpha female.

Plus they're similar in age. It makes sense on multiple levels and it works. They should be together. Neither has to play the damsel in distress because they are both badasses. Now the story doesn't have to slow down because of them.

Eh I know lol...just more of a personal choice for me. Always saw them more as brother/sister.

The arrival of Jesus has blessed us with Richonne. Thank you, Jesus.Tom Payne did an amazing job with him, too! I loved how much of a shit he was in this episode, but I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of Jesus' serious side, too. So glad he still has his martial arts skills!

JESUS. RICHONNE. RICK/DARYL = GOOD COP/BAD COP. You did good, TWD.

From next episode, cool little callback?

12677176_1537497643211249_1683523630_n.jpg

JTripper

From next episode, cool little callback?

12677176_1537497643211249_1683523630_n.jpg

This is like, every shot in the show.

Man, they're really dragging Negan's first appearance out. It absolutely has to be epic when he shows up. Seeing Jesus in this episode was awesome. It's one of the few times I actually felt like I was watching the comic book character himself on screen.

Merle would take issue I bet...

True...

Anyway, I'm really not a fan of the development. I saw them as almost brother and sister at this point and even without that, it changes the dynamic far too much for my liking.

And I feel like it's a cheap (differences between comics and tv spoilers)
replacement for Andrea taking that position (what with her being dead and all), though I wasn't really a fan of that either.

Really happy about Richonne. It was about time. They did a decent job building up to it, so it didn't really come as a surprise. It would have been more surprising if after that moment with the mints they still tried to pretend they felt nothing for each other. Now that would have been awkward.

I just find it funny that Rick has moved on to a new partner literally only one episode after his last one died. I know that weeks have technically passed in the show's timeline, but still. One episode? The writers seriously gave no shits about Jesse at all, lmao.

JTripper

True...

Anyway, I'm really not a fan of the development. I saw them as almost brother and sister at this point and even without that, it changes the dynamic far too much for my liking.

replacement for Andrea taking that position (what with her being dead and all), though I wasn't really a fan of that either.

I agree, I don't think Rick and Michonne should be together, just for dynamic reasons. They always felt better as part of a close-knit family unit without any awkwardness between them and now there will be. It changes everything and Rick's romances don't last so this is a bad sign. We'll see how it goes but I'm apprehensive.

However, the final shot of this episode is now one of my favorite moments of the entire show.

jmelons

They telegraphed that Hobo Jesus was going to become a regular from the first scene he was in. Not that I'm complaining. Gotta get new blood to feed that "new characters get introduced, new characters die" cycle. I give him until the season 7 midseason finale.

Gorillaz

Rick and Michonne getting together is a weird feeling to me too because for awhile I always saw them as a brother/sister thing too. At the same time they are both at the same "part" in their lives right now that they understand each other well enough to work as a relationship.

Well see how it goes, funny ass episode tho

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
where is carol seems like shes gotten less and less screen time the last 3 episodes...

You could say the same for Maggie in regards to the past three seasons.

Spoilers: Big cast is big, and not everyone is going to get A-list screen time. I mean, shit, Glenn is the premier Asian on TV and he barely has screen time and hasn't had any major time since... what... season 3? I mean, sure, he has gone through shit in regards to that "is he dead" plot and Enid. But you don't see him in as many episodes as Daryl, Carol, Michonne, Carl, and Rick. Even Maggie is swept under the rug.

In the woods scene, was Carl reading Invincible?

Yes. Since The Walking Dead is a Kirkman joint, it's an Easter Egg. Similar to Carl's promo shirt from Season 1.

Savitar

We have seen the creation of possibly the most over powered deadly couple in the history of television......or someone's contract is up this season and Rick's streak of people he sleeps with dying is going to keep rising.

Nice twist on the comic book version since that one was dead.

Sora_N

Surprise episode is surprising lol, I really didn't see that coming although I realized that possibility.

I really enjoyed seeing Rick and Daryl hang out, it was cool haha.

How much spoilers would I have if I googled about Jesus? I might just wait a week though.

NolbertoS

Man, just saw thr Rickster going after Michonne. Guess the old saying "Once you go black, you never go back" applies :p. Man, that new Jesus character is definitely appealing. I'm anticipating next season's episodes when we start seeing more challenges ahead.

neoism

True...

holy shit really...
i realllly hated her character in s3 and was glad she died... really couldnt see her and rick working.. she was hot though.. but that siding with the governor and all.. ruined her character for me..
i thought richeonne was in the comics so surprised its not but its good to mix it up from the show and comics.. it gives the people that possibly knows what's going to happen a nice surprise thats already read all the comics.

LycanXIII

Surprise episode is surprising lol, I really didn't see that coming although I realized that possibility.

I really enjoyed seeing Rick and Daryl hang out, it was cool haha.

How much spoilers would I have if I googled about Jesus? I might just wait a week though.

Quite a bit of spoilers if you searched him.

Bandit1

Holy crap Richonne became a thing! Really liked this episode, but thought zombie Deanna was unnecessary. How did she get out there anyway? I mean I guess she could have slipped through the wall before the zombie slaying started, but it just seems like a stretch to find her alone. Anyway it was pretty awesome having Rick and Daryl together, and our introduction to Jesus was great. Really excited for the rest of this season.

masud

Banned
Great episode. I love what they did with Jesus. Rick Michonne hook up was a long time coming.

**comic spoiler**
Hope she becomes comic Andrea. Pirate Carol?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I was kind of apprehensive when I saw that they cast Tom Payne as Jesus, but he really won me over tonight. I thought he and the writers did a great job of bringing the character to the screen. *clap*

Had a co worker who use to wrangle his dinger out in the woods and somehow I ended up getting fired before him

what does this mean

Carl was reading Invincible. Another comic by Robert Kirkman.

Oh nice catch!

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 610: “The Next World”

QZVypP2.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 610, “The Next World” - Soon
  • Inside Episode 610: “The Next World” - Soon
  • Preview of Episode 611, “Knots Untie” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 611, “Knots Untie” - AMC | International
  • Talking Dead Episode 610 Bonus Scene - Soon
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • Tom Payne, who plays Jesus, is the latest Brit to join the cast. He actually grew up in the same town as Andrew Lincoln: Bath, England.
  • This was the first time Kari Skogland directed an episode of The Walking Dead. However, she is no stranger to walkers; she directed two episodes of Fear the Walking Dead.
  • Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid in preparation for this episode. The crew joked that Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was a better reference for their antics.
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh they went with Richonne did they? Im ok with that. Did Negan show up yet?

SamuraiX-

I was kind of apprehensive when I saw that they cast Tom Payne as Jesus, but he really won me over tonight. I thought he and the writers did a great job of bringing the character to the screen. *clap*

Ripped the words from my mouth. Was skeptical at first but once again that casting department deserves multiple Emmy awards for continuing to knock it out.

I love you internet. the Daryl and Jesus chasey scene with Benny Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdNA1wN96qI

You would think this scene was originally choreographed to synergize with this song for how well it fits. No cuts or editing necessary. lol

masud

Banned
So glad they are actually letting the 'a larger world' arc play out and not just rushing to Negan.
holy shit really...
i realllly hated her character in s3 and was glad she died... really couldnt see her and rick working.. she was hot though.. but that siding with the governor and all.. ruined her character for me..
i thought richeonne was in the comics so surprised its not but its good to mix it up from the show and comics.. it gives the people that possibly knows what's going to happen a nice surprise thats already read all the comics.

*mild comic spoilers*
Rick and Andrea make sense in the comic. Comic Andrea is nothing like the one on the show (the stuff with the governor and her doesn't happen in the comic). Comic Andrea is more of a badass than Michonne imo.

BBboy20

haahhaha...imagine he jumped on the back of the truck.
:D

Holy crap Richonne became a thing! Really liked this episode, but thought zombie Deanna was unnecessary. How did she get out there anyway? I mean I guess she could have slipped through the wall before the zombie slaying started, but it just seems like a stretch to find her alone. Anyway it was pretty awesome having Rick and Daryl together, and our introduction to Jesus was great. Really excited for the rest of this season.
Guess she held out enough until the fever dropped her thus no longer being attracted to walkers.

neoism

So glad they are actually letting the 'a larger world' arc play out and not just rushing to Negan.

*mild comic spoilers*
Rick and Andrea make sense in the comic. Comic Andrea is nothing like the one on the show (the stuff with the governor and her doesn't happen in the comic). Comic Andrea is more of a badass than Michonne imo.

oh ok well that sucks alittle i like the actor that played her... i feel like if, Frank Darabont had stayed on it would more like that...really shitty what AMC did to him.

FZZ

Banned
I really really really really really liked this episode

But what about
Michonne and Morgan from the comics :0?

TheDanger

Banned
I really really really really really liked this episode

But what about
Michonne and Morgan from the comics :0?

lol fuck that, I hope they don't ever go there, Morgan turned from an interesting character to a POS one in an instant, he needs to die like 5 episodes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom