• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like, every shot in the show.

Man, they're really dragging Negan's first appearance out. It absolutely has to be epic when he shows up. Seeing Jesus in this episode was awesome. It's one of the few times I actually felt like I was watching the comic book character himself on screen.

It took a while before he turned up in the comics too.

SArcher

Banned
Richonne, oh fuck.

Think this will last? Is it taken from the comic?

In the comics Andrea (a very different character compared to the TV Andrea) is still alive and hooks up with Rick. It seems that Michonne is taking over her role on the show, in which case, the relationship will last.

jond76

Banned
That was about as light-hearted an episode I imagine we'll ever get. I liked it. Rick swerving the car so Jesus would fall into Daryl. Haha.

RS4-

Not a bad ep and great debut from Jesus.

Too bad he'll magically die to Negan or some shit in the last 10 seconds of this years finale.

UberTag

I really really really really really liked this episode

But what about
Michonne and Morgan from the comics :0?
Clearly we're getting Carol and Morgan instead.

They telegraphed that Hobo Jesus was going to become a regular from the first scene he was in. Not that I'm complaining. Gotta get new blood to feed that "new characters get introduced, new characters die" cycle. I give him until the season 7 midseason finale.
On the contrary, I think he's Daryl's replacement and tonight was his initial hazing.
Jesus passed his first trial by fire... the Benny Hill chase sequence... with flying colors.

dustyherb

I really really really really really liked this episode

But what about
Michonne and Morgan from the comics :0?
Major comic spoilers
wont be happening. Michonne is taking over for comic Andrea. And if I had to guess Carol is going to take over comic Michonne storylines. Idk if she will date Morgan possibly Ezekiel but the whole pirate/ship thing. Rick wanting her to lead the kingdom. I see Carol doing that now.

JB1981

This was easily one of the worst episodes of TWD I have ever seen in my life. I can't even fathom how stupid and contrived the scenes with the fucking martial arts ninja dude were. Rick n Darrel find a truck full of food and n supplies and pull over to get some cans of Crush from a vending machine? Then ninja dude pops out of nowhere to steal Rick's keys? Is Rick the worst survivalist ever? Then ninja dude steals the truck and the truck gets a flat allowing Rick n Darryl to catch up to him on foot? Then tied up ninja dude somehow gets on top of the truck as its leaving ? Then in one is the goofiest TWD scenes ever, Darryl tries to catch ninja dude in this huge field where you see the two of them looking like they are playing tag. Hahahahahahahah.

Then their truck with supplies crashes into the lake. The writing in this Episode was absolutely atrocious

RPGamer92

Banned
This was easily one of the worst episodes of TWD I have ever seen in my life. I can't even fathom how stupid and contrived the scenes with the fucking martial arts ninja dude were. Rick n Darrel find a truck full of food and n supplies and pull over to get some cans of Crush from a vending machine? Then ninja dude pops out of nowhere to steal Rick's keys? Is Rick the worst survivalist ever? Then ninja dude steals the truck and the truck gets a flat allowing Rick n Darryl to catch up to him on foot? Then tied up ninja dude somehow gets on top of the truck as its leaving ? Then in one is the goofiest TWD scenes ever, Darryl tries to catch ninja dude in this huge field where you see the two of them looking like they are playing tag. Hahahahahahahah.

Then their truck with supplies crashes into the lake. The writing in this Episode was absolutely atrocious
Every single week.

Surfinn

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with a lot of this criticism.

I'm also going to throw my two cents in and say that the Michonne/Rick connection was the most horrendously forced romance I've ever seen. We skip ahead two weeks and all the sudden they're playing house and asking how their days went? There was almost no indication at ALL they had any romantic chemistry until this episode. Felt like I was watching a brother and sister kiss (I love both characters but.. wow).. very, VERY unnecessarily forced romance. Extremely disappointed.

Yeah, I mean it's hard to disagree with you, even though I enjoyed the episode. You really really REALLY needed to suspend disbelief to buy into a lot of shit that happened this episode. But then again, it's a show about zombies.

1) Did you not see the scene where Daryl was specifically asked if he could get some soda?
2) Is it that incredulous that someone would have martial arts training and that someone with those skills would probably have a good chance of surviving in this world?
3) The truck was just a plot device. The real story was the introduction of this new character and the group's relative peace and calm at the moment

And (comic spoilers) Jesus is
a scout/runner for another community, so yeah you'd send someone with useful skills like fighting abilities out into the world to look for people and supplies

TRios Zen

snip
3) The truck was just a plot device. The real story was the introduction of this new character and the group's relative peace and calm at the moment

And (comic spoilers) Jesus is
a scout/runner for another community, so yeah you'd send someone with useful skills like fighting abilities out into the world to look for people and supplies

I get this,and I didn't HATE this episode, however int he context of last nights story, after finding the truck, losing the truck, finding the truck again, why the hell would they stop ANYWHERE else before taking the truck back to Alexandria?

Minor quibble though, as the fresh blood (Jesus) adds some tension and I dig what they did with Coral in this episode. He gets it better than Rick does I think (non-comic book reader though).

Nameless

'Supply Run' episodes have always been among the show's best and this one was is right up there. Hopefully we get to see more of the VA/MD/DC area when Heath and Tara go on their 2-week trip.

CorvoSol

I don't agree that it was among the worst episodes, but I will agree that the handling of the truck was like "this entire plot only works because genuinely competent Rick and Daryl are suddenly complete idiots" and that Jesus somehow seemed to absorb their combined competence.

I think it's funny people are averse to the criticism that Rick and Daryl did nothing but make bad choices this episode, when they did stupid stuff like leave Jesus unattended in the cell despite knowing how easily and quickly he got out of his bonds the last time.

I guess tho, that for the sake of a humorous, light-hearted episode, it's all just meant to slide, so w/e

The episode was great. I don't get why the truck had to fall though, all of that could have happened with them getting the truck back. I don't understand why they didn't swim below, pull up the lever and get all the content to swim up bit by bit. :\ I really enjoyed it though, and Jesus is awesome.

Amikami

Banned
As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with a lot of this criticism.

I'm also going to throw my two cents in and say that the Michonne/Rick connection was the most horrendously forced romance I've ever seen. We skip ahead two weeks and all the sudden they're playing house and asking how their days went? There was almost no indication at ALL they had any romantic chemistry until this episode. Felt like I was watching a brother and sister kiss (I love both characters but.. wow).. very, VERY unnecessarily forced romance. Extremely disappointed.

They've been building up pretty nicely since season 4 after they lost the prison. It was expected at this point by some of us, including myself tho a lot of people missed the development. Also, Michonne has always lived in that house with Rick, Carl and Judith. They'd been playing house even before they called it home when they first arrived in Alexandria. And it's been 2 months, not 2 weeks. Not that long, but a hell of a long time in the zombi apocalypse tbh. A lot happens.

dustyherb

Love how this show not give a fck about Comic. Can't really guess what's gonna happen now.
Huh? The show has been following the comic more closely then ever these last few seasons. What happens to which characters gets change around often but the overall story is heading the exact same direction it seems.

Surfinn

They've been building up pretty nicely since season 4 after they lost the prison. It was expected at this point by some of us, including myself tho a lot of people missed the development. Also, Michonne has always lived in that house with Rick, Carl and Judith. They'd been playing house even before they called it home when they first arrived in Alexandria. And it's been 2 months, not 2 weeks. Not that long, but a hell of a long time in the zombi apocalypse tbh. A lot happens.

Do you mind providing me with evidence of this "building up"? Because aside from subtle nudges here and there and the fact that Michonne is simply living with Rick and Carl, I don't think there has been any real hint toward the development of their relationship as a romance. Makes way more sense that Carl and Michonne have gotten closer in a family sense, since she lost her child early on. I get her being close to Rick, makes sense and I love it, but.. I JUST can't see any romantic feelings there.

It was absolutely jarring to see it happen because it just felt so forced. I enjoyed the romantic scene itself (when they're kissing), but the lead in and ALL PREVIOUS interactions left me feeling like this was some silly fanfic.

And can you show me the dialogue of the 2 months? Could have sworn it was 2 weeks in the episode.

The episode was great. I don't get why the truck had to fall though, all of that could have happened with them getting the truck back. I don't understand why they didn't swim below, pull up the lever and get all the content to swim up bit by bit. :\ I really enjoyed it though, and Jesus is awesome.

I honestly just assumed they were going to come back for it later, with more backup, manpower, and tools. It's not like the stuff is going anywhere.

The entire sequence of events was really uncharacteristic for Rick and Darryl though. They know better by now. The last two seasons had really hardened them and established that they can't chances with strangers. But now suddenly they're complete malleable softies again.

ZangBa

This is probably the dumbest episode made yet, but unlike the others, I loved it. Jesus is cool, I hope he sticks around. I could use some more humour and less random dramatic speeches.

I honestly just assumed they were going to come back for it later, with more backup, manpower, and tools. It's not like the stuff is going anywhere.

The entire sequence of events was really uncharacteristic for Rick and Darryl though. They know better by now. The last two seasons had really hardened them and established that they can't chances with strangers. But now suddenly they're complete malleable softies again.
You can't be a hardened no-nonsense survivor/warrior every day. Especially after two months of safety and calm in relative normalcy. What's the last time they had such a long period of peace?

dustyherb

The entire sequence of events was really uncharacteristic for Rick and Darryl though. They know better by now. The last two seasons had really hardened them and established that they can't chances with strangers.But now suddenly they're complete malleable softies again.
Except that if they want to expand on their little community you kinda do have to take chances. There are still good people just like there are bad people as well. And that's why Rick admits he was wrong and Daryl was right about still recruiting.

You can't be a hardened no-nonsense survivor/warrior every day. Especially after two months of safety and calm in relative normalcy. What's the last time they had such a long period of peace?
Except that if they want to expand on their little community you kinda do have to take chances. There are still good people just like there are bad people as well. And that's why Rick admits he was wrong and Daryl was right about still recruiting.

True, but in this specific case, the Jesus guy escaped and came after them multiple times in a row. I can expect them to give someone a chance once, maybe twice, but after how many times this guy screwed them (and the entire town) over in just a matter of minutes, you'd think Rick and Darryl would have learned. Instead they literally bring him into Alexandria to patch him up and use precious medical resources on the guy that had just drowned their precious truckload of supplies. And of course, the guy escapes, again.

I liked the episode and Jesus too (the fact that he's not a murderer is really refreshing), I just thought all of those chase scenes were really, really dumb lol.

Surfinn

I think it's not about the decision to either recruit or not but rather the execution. You're telling me after 6 seasons Rick and Daryl can't handle one unarmed guy with no other distractions? The truck sequence seemed more like a comedy about incompetent morons rather than experienced survivors. Very out of character for both of them. The idea that they'd just let some random out of sight while they've got a truck full of supplies and food sitting there is silly.

True, but in this specific case, the Jesus guy escaped and came after them multiple times in a row. I can expect them to give someone a chance once, maybe twice, but after how many times this guy screwed them (and the entire town) over in just a matter of minutes, you'd think Rick and Darryl would have learned. Instead they literally bring him into Alexandria to patch him up and use precious medical resources on the guy that had just drowned their precious truckload of supplies. And of course, the guy escapes, again.

I liked the episode and Jesus too (the fact that he's not a murderer is really refreshing), I just thought all of those chase scenes were really, really dumb lol.
Actually he only screwed them over once (taking the truck).

Everything else was Rick and Daryl's actions. They decided to chase him down, to throw him off the truck, to chase him down again.

I'm fine with Richonne on one condition - she needs to cut the dreads. It's just a wig IRL and she's quite attractive when not in character. They never served a purpose other than make her look intimidating. If Rick's hair and beard can change so can her's.

strafer

I'm fine with Richonne on one condition - she needs to cut the dreads. It's just a wig IRL and she's quite attractive when not in character. They never served a purpose other than make her look intimidating. If Rick's hair and beard can change so can her's.

What the fuck? This is the first I'm hearing about this.

I thought that was her real hair.

Well fuck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom