• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

This is the Dream Team group right now. They're stacked as fuck. Never were this stacked in the comic.

The worst team was at the start of season 3 when Shane died. They really fucked up Ty. Would have been cool to see him in Alexandria instead of Sasha.

When Judith grows up I wonder if Rick will see Shane in her.

Sasha is a bonafide marksman and is more in line with Rick's way of doing things. Plus she's infinitely easier on the eyes. Now that Father G can fight and baby sit the only thing Ty would bring to the table is another pacifist voice.

nillah

Banned
She's had time to relax and be a motherly figure to people. Her humanity has likely reasserted itself which led her to being angry with Maggie, as she is now a mother and has more to lose.

Ooo right forgot about the intro of the episode which was something else, but that momentum had me goin'

And this.
Episode rocked. This whole half-season continues to be great. Padre finally not being a bitch.

dustyherb

Love seeing Gabriel stepping up so much and becoming a badass. Dude has come a long way since season 5. One thing that really bugs me tho is the whole Rick and Morgan being at such conflict with their philosophies. Rick wants to kill anyone that poses even slightly a threat. And Morgan doesn't want to kill anyone at all thinking everyone can be saved.

I just want these two back being friends again. I hate seeing Morgan being such an outsider to Rick's group. I really am hoping/thinking that Rick and Morgan will balance each other out eventually. Neither are correct in their ways. They need to find a middle ground where yes some people can be saved but not everyone. Some people they will have to kill, that's just the way the world is that they live in now.

Trophy shots? Yes.
Zombie kills?
___Nope___

Oh.

Oooh. Now this is interesting and explains why they lingered on them as long as they did.

I'm guessing those were the handiwork of the woman on the radio?

Actually, don't tell me....but man, the suspense is going to get to me.

Oh.

Oooh. Now this is interesting and explains why they lingered on them as long as they did.

I'm guessing those were the handiwork of the woman on the radio?

Actually, don't tell me....but man, the suspense is going to get to me.

Those photos will be explained, I 100% promise you. It will be worth the wait, don't let yourself get spoiled.

Plasma

Banned
I've seen them do a lot of shit but there was something really unsettling at how cold it felt when they were just knifing people in their sleep.

dustyherb

What was Morgan welding at the end?
My guess is he's improving the jail/cell they have. He was in the room that they put the wolf and Jesus and it looked like he was making a door. Plus he was putting cinder blocks up as well it looked like. Makes sense for him to do this after Jesus said how easy it was for him to get out with two exits and only one guard.

Absolutely. But there are a fair few that neglect that fact and still post them untagged, and then someone will quote said individual, have them edit it, but the quote will still be untagged. Its completely annoying. No one does anything about it. But you've done nothing wrong.
if you can get banned for it then wouldn't you think that by now people would've cut it out?
It's usually best to proceed the spoiler tag with what it's spoiling. So people know if it's a comic spoiler, next episode preview or just a joke.
You could mark the spoilers so people know it's from the comic rather than a set photo or leaked info from the show or something else, just to be clear exactly what the spoilers are. Like this:

(comic spoilers)
here are spoilers for the comic

Spoiler tagging stuff is so loose that it can all be confusing, since some people spoiler tag jokes, or spoiler tag speculation, or spoiler tag stuff that already happened in the show for some reason. It winds up training people to click on unmarked spoilers to not miss any of the convo, which leads to inadvertently getting real spoilers.
yeah I see what you're saying. depending on timing and context i'll start putting sp in front of my tags
You could have had Abraham not get cut and it wouldn't have changed anything. And the abduction happened in the last 30 seconds of the episode. The assault went off without any serious sacrifice on the part of Rick's group up until the end of the episode.

I watched the episode so I know what happened. It was just killing of faceless enemies that the characters had no personal relationships with that made it boring. Rick takes out like 6 bad guys that run out on a catwalk which came off like a comedic bit than anything else. The most tense I felt happened at the end of the episode when the guy on the motorcycle was trying to escape. Was he going to go report to Negan about Rick's group? Did he see Jesus? Instead hes been taken down by one of Darryl's famous tackles. Thats what I wished had happened. Leaving the threat looming of real reprisal would have been great instead of 2 major characters being captured (but seemingly are in no immediate danger).

In the end nobody was seriously hurt. Nothing of real value was lost. The group is safe and Maggie and Carol was alive but captured by some people we've never met. It was all too easily accomplished.
But Abraham did get cut. Whether or not that's consequential will be yet to be determined but that happened, and even if the abduction happened in the last 30 seconds, it was a revelation to the entire team that they overestimated themselves, or rather underestimated their opponents, and fucked up.

Oh, I didn't know that gas truck they were driving belonged to those guys. So the implication is that those guys got killed or captured by Negan's gang?
I don't know if it belonged to those two people, but they were searching for it. As for their fates, I don't know if
Negan
killed them but I'm under the impression that they're being forced to work for them.

Sendero

I do not read the comics, so this is entirely speculation but, did someone notice that
the Hilltop guy now has a gun? He took his friend into the car and returned to the camp once the alarm sounded. IF Gregory ends up being a bastard traitor, that might play a part.

He wasn't around too look at the bodies, and confirm that none of them is Negan (Michonne even made a point out of it). But that's just plain bad luck.

In the end nobody was seriously hurt. Nothing of real value was lost. The group is safe and Maggie and Carol was alive but captured by some people we've never met. It was all too easily accomplished.
All will be revealed. This episode served its purpose.

And things did happen. Glenn finally crossed the line which he had been avoiding the entire show. We were given some more hints and info about the Saviors. And Rick struck first blood, which probably won't be good going by the last time they were engaged in conflict with another large group

bigedole

That was such a great episode. Pacing was top notch and action was great.

I had no idea Glenn had never killed a human before.

Me either! That was very shocking to me when I started to think about it.

Yeah, the episode took the easy out a couple of times, which was a little disappointing. They made sure to cast all of The Saviors to look like bad/intimidating/scum guys. Also, when Glenn killed the first guy, they showed us the horrible pictures on the wall to indicate that 'these guys are no angels' so it's 'okay'. Gore pictures of people with their brains blown gave the impression that these guys are desensitized monsters and worth killing.

Again, it would have been much more interesting if The Saviours were a mirror of them, and we could clearly see the choice they've made and the line they've crossed for their own survival.

But The Walking Dead isn't that kind of show, unfortunately. They go to a point, but leave it as mainstream as possible.

That's not the way I interpreted it. I think the show wanted the viewer to know that what Rick's group was doing was at best, very morally gray. They spent time on the conversation about killing another human, and how downright awful it is. They showed the pain on Glenn's face as he was doing it for the first, and second time. Then, after that, they showed that these are not good people, after all. I think it's kind of up to the viewer whether or not to infer the "so it's okay" part. I definitely said to my wife during the last commercial break "I'm not sure how I feel about this." I think the show did a great job, was fantastic television.

That was such a great episode. Pacing was top notch and action was great.

I had no idea Glenn had never killed a human before.
Actually on that note, why did people here give Glenn a pass for not killing people while Morgan is a character that people seem to hate for not killing people? Is it because they didn't realize Glenn had never killed?

Glenn was the guy that stopped Rick in the middle of their Terminus escape so they can rescue a crazy guy who was killed immediately afterwards. He let Nicholas live even after the guy shot and tried to kill him. Even his mindset of giving people a chance to change was similar to Morgan's

Zoe

Actually on that note, why did people here give Glenn a pass for not killing people while Morgan is a character that people seem to hate for not killing people? Is it because they didn't realize Glenn had never killed?

Glenn was the guy that stopped Rick in the middle of their Terminus escape so they rescue a crazy guy who was killed immediately afterwards. He let Nicholas live even after the guy shot and tried to kill him. Even his mindset of giving people a chance to change was similar to Morgan's

I think it's more because for Glenn it's something that he generally keeps to himself while Morgan is actively trying to get everyone to see his way.

dustyherb

Glenn was the guy that stopped Rick in the middle of their Terminus escape so they rescue a crazy guy who was killed immediately afterwards. He let Nicholas live even after the guy shot and tried to kill him. Even his mindset of giving people a chance to change was similar to Morgan's
Mostly because I would think because Morgan let those wolves live eventually allowing them to invade Alexandria. I honestly think Morgan is getting way too much hate. Dude just wants to save people like he was saved. He knows it's possible because he came back from the brink. Tho I do agree that Morgan needs to find some balance and be able to actually kill people if they are beyond saving.

usp84

Comic Spoilers

I hope they make Negans hideout like Mad Max like in the comic. A giant over the top fortress. Was there a moat? I forgot, but I remember Negan had like 5 wives. Always wondered how this dude got to power and what he did before the events of the outbreak. His character arc in the comic has been great and seems like he's gonna turn face

what exactly do you mean by saying "turn face"?.never heard this expression before

This Negan guy better be something special after all this talk about him

dustyherb

Comic Spoilers

I hope they make Negans hideout like Mad Max like in the comic. A giant over the top fortress. Was there a moat? I forgot, but I remember Negan had like 5 wives. Always wondered how this dude got to power and what he did before the events of the outbreak. His character arc in the comic has been great and seems like he's gonna turn face
Comic spoilers:
i don't believe there was a moat they just had a huge amount of zombies on spikes and stuff in front of their fences. To keep out other zombies. And if you wanna know about Negan's back story Kirkman is making a mini comic about it. Like 4 pages a month for 12 months starting in June or something along those lines.

I don't think Glenn is as strongly opposed to killing as Morgan is. Up to the point where he stabbed two guys in their sleep, he just hadn't needed to kill anyone yet. When the time came, he hesitated, and clearly it shook him up, but he still did what he felt needed to be done. Morgan, on the other hand, is actively saving Wolves and trying to protect them from the rest of the group because "all life is precious." Glenn taking on Nicholas as a protege of sorts isn't nearly as extreme as trying to rehabilitate a guy that wanted nothing more than to slaughter Alexandrians in the streets. And it's not like Morgan is trained in rehabilitation like Eastman, he's just some dude that spent a few weeks (months maybe) living with a psychiatrist.

someday

Banned
I think it's more because for Glenn it's something that he generally keeps to himself while Morgan is actively trying to get everyone to see his way.
Agreed. The only person Glenn "should" have killed was Nicholas and even that situation only really bit Glenn in the ass.

I'm a little surprised that no one is upset about the Carol/Tobin hookup considering it seemed sudden and had little setup.

Nameless

wut
I thought the episode was really poorly done. Our heroes were never in any real danger. They had God-mode enabled. I never felt like they could have died or were in danger of failing. It all went according to plan.

I disagree, that was one of the most tense episodes in a while and I felt a deep sense of foreboding pretty much the entire time. The raid itself went well in a bubble, sure, but in the end they lost two of their people(three if you count the baby), failed to complete the main objective of killing Negan while essentially declaring war on what's obviously a MUCH larger force than they could have anticipated. Shit is fucked, beyond fucked, they just don't know it yet.

Good luck trying to get the drop on Negan or his bases again, nevermind Hilltop will surely suffer the immediate consequences of this. After all there's a severed head on the ground outiside and the Hilltop hostage won't be among the dead; it won't be tough for The Saviors to put 2&2 together. Gregory or anyone at Hilltop will sing like a canary about "the group from Alexandria" when squeezed and that will be that. Did it I mention shit is fucked???

dustyherb

I disagree, that was one of the most tense episodes in a while and I felt a deep sense of foreboding pretty much the entire time. The raid itself went well in a bubble, sure, but in the end they lost two of their people(three if you count the baby), failed to complete the main objective of killing Negan while essentially declaring war on what's obviously a MUCH larger force than they could have anticipated. Shit is fucked, beyond fucked, they just don't know it yet.

Good luck trying to get the drop on Negan or his bases again, nevermind Hilltop will surely suffer the immediate consequences of this. After all there's a severed head on the ground outiside and the Hilltop hostage won't be among the dead; it won't be tough for The Saviors to put 2&2 together. Gregory or anyone at Hilltop will sing like a canary about "the group from Alexandria" when squeezed and that will be that. Did it I mention shit is fucked???
Ya everything is just fucked at this point Rick and the group shouldn't have done such a big all out assault on the saviors until they knew more about them. I honestly would think someone would've spoken up and said how stupid it is to attack when they know so little. Like they don't even know what Negan looks like so how can they be sure they killed him even if everything went 100% perfect.

I would've sent a recon team (Jesus and Daryl or something like that ) to gather as much info as they possibly can. They had a month supply of food that they got from the hilltop. They could've taken the time to really draw up a better plan and actually figure out what there getting into.

Ya everything is just fucked at this point Rick and the group shouldn't have done such a big all out assault on the saviors until they knew more about them. I honestly would think someone would've spoken up and said how stupid it is to attack when they know so little. Like they don't even know what Negan looks like so how can they be sure they killed him even if everything went 100% perfect.

I would've sent a recon team (Jesus and Daryl or something like that ) to gather as much info as they possibly can. They had a month supply of food that they got from the hilltop. They could've taken the time to really draw up a better plan and actually figure out what there getting into.
My dad said the same thing. They should scoped the place out for a few days first. I argued they did at least probably watch the place for a few hours, since they grabbed the zombie head at dusk and didn't attack till just before dawn.

And people need to realize there are other consequences besides deaths and injuries. No one died, their plan succeeded. That doesn't mean nothing happened or there won't be consequences. If anything, the successful raid will probably make things worse for them

UberTag

Ironically, Morgan has probably killed more people than just about everyone in Alexandria outside of Rick... and POSSIBLY Daryl.
I'm sure he's outpaced Carol's kill count of 18 and we think of her as Rambo.

Morgan's just had a change of heart.

-griffy-

Banned
My dad said the same thing. They should scoped the place out for a few days first. I argued they did at least probably watch the place for a few hours, since they grabbed the zombie head at dusk and didn't attack till just before dawn.

And people need to realize there are other consequences besides deaths and injuries. No one died, their plan succeeded. That doesn't mean nothing happened or there won't be consequences. If anything, the successful raid will probably make things worse for them

Pretty obvious to me that things are kind of fucked at the moment, and the raid probably did more damage to their situation. They went with a shortsighted plan and assumed that they took out ALL the Saviors including Negan, only to find out that there are more out there. Who have Maggie and Carol. And know that Rick's group attacked them unprovoked. That's a bad situation.

They created a situation where what is allegedly a seriously bad group has ample cause to retaliate to devastating effect, where no situation existed before. If they were worried about Negan's group just finding them randomly and ending up in a Hilltop situation, I gotta imagine whatever's coming now is 10x worse.

They woke the sleeping dragon, essentially.

Yeah, the episode took the easy out a couple of times, which was a little disappointing. They made sure to cast all of The Saviors to look like bad/intimidating/scum guys. Also, when Glenn killed the first guy, they showed us the horrible pictures on the wall to indicate that 'these guys are no angels' so it's 'okay'. Gore pictures of people with their brains blown gave the impression that these guys are desensitized monsters and worth killing.

Again, it would have been much more interesting if The Saviours were a mirror of them, and we could clearly see the choice they've made and the line they've crossed for their own survival.

But The Walking Dead isn't that kind of show, unfortunately. They go to a point, but leave it as mainstream as possible.
you also have to keep in mind that much as they go for "realistic" - this how pulls some pretty ridiculous stuff and moreover there is nothing scientifically accurate about zombies.

someday

Banned
Ironically, Morgan has probably killed more people than just about everyone in Alexandria outside of Rick... and POSSIBLY Daryl.
I'm sure he's outpaced Carol's kill count of 18 and we think of her as Rambo.

Morgan's just had a change of heart.
Considering Morgan was crazy for about a year and was killing anything and everything he came across, he probably has the highest kill count in the show.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
As far as not delaying the attack.... They were on the clock, Hilltop needed to make that delivery, then.

Talking would have exposed them. They would have to fight anyway, at least now they thinned them and increased their arsenal. And if not for the dumb move with having two distracted lookouts, would've stealthed the outpost (as far as the larger group was concerned). The Saviours are not like Rick's group, and Rick isn't the Governor. Rick's group wasn't extorting settlements and killing innocents at the gates. It's different. The Saviours' own actions (multiple times) caused the defensive action from Rick (best defense is a good offense, especially with the element of surprise).

Rick is not the Governor... he's Shane.

dustyherb

It just would've made sense. Especially when they have ninja Jesus and an expert tracker at their disposal idk why they wouldn't do some sort of scouting mission beforehand. Even if it wasn't for very long it might have given them some much needed info. And ya they probably did watch it for a few hours or something since they were all hanging in that area. Still not enough sadly cause now Carol and Maggiie are caught :/

And it's definitely not good that they killed so many dudes. I mean the remaining saviors aren't going to be all happy and peachy that Rick and the gang just slaughtered like 15 or so of their dudes lol.

T.O.P

Banned
Comic/possible future show spoilers/speculation

Were all hung up on Glenn and the bat, but Abe died before that happened in the book. I'm thinking we get back to back blows in the final two episodes, and we don't see Negan at all until the end of the season finale when he bats Glenn/whoever.

I hope that the season will close with a shot of "that"

Just a few seconds to suck it up and boom, end credits

Anyway, this season has been totally on point so far

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It just would've made sense. Especially when they have ninja Jesus and an expert tracker at their disposal idk why they wouldn't do some sort of scouting mission beforehand. Even if it wasn't for very long it might have given them so much needed info. And ya they probably did watch it for a few hours or something since they were all hanging in that area. Still not enough sadly cause now Carol and Maggiie are caught :/

And it's definitely not good that they killed so many dudes. I mean the remaining saviors aren't going to be all happy and peachy that Rick and the gang just slaughtered like 15 or so of their dudes lol.
Nope. Rick was right. They had a deadline to meet. Forced his hand.

And btw what if your recon is noticed and captured? Then it's all fucked sideways. There's a lot of risk there you guys aren't acknowledging, that Rick had to consider.

Daffy Duck

Well that was a great episode. This season has been great so far, the darkest I've ever seen the show.

They really have fucked everything up now though, oh dear.

They had to strike though.

Sooner or later they'd be under the same pressures as hilltop.

Or worse as they have nothing to offer.

Problem is that was probably just an outpost

They had to make the head delivery and that seemed like an opportune time to strike. Their plan was successful other than the fact it was completely doomed to fail from the start due to bad intel.

The alternative would be like... doing this attack next week when Hilltop had to make another "half of everything" delivery. With someone (Daryl) spending the week watching them, hiding in the woods the whole time, not being spotted but learning more about them. Maybe Daryl would learn this isn't the main camp, maybe he wouldn't and the same thing would happen but a week delayed.

That'd be a very risky situation to hope Daryl wouldn't get found out. Also you'd have to convince Hilltop that temporarily giving up more of their dwindling supplies for this plan is a good idea.

dustyherb

Nope. Rick was right. They had a deadline to meet. Forced his hand.

And btw what if your recon is noticed and captured? Then it's all fucked sideways. There's a lot of risk there you guys aren't acknowledging, that Rick had to consider.
True hilltop needed their man back but did Ethan or any of those people say how long they have to gets Gregory's head? They could've taken maybe a day or half a day to scout out at least. And there's always that possibility so that's why I would send ninja Jesus lol. He would be able to escape if things went south. But honestly your right there's always that risk of them being caught.

I think Ricks whole get them before they figure out about us was good in theory. It's just there were a lot of unknowns is my big issue that's all. I definitely think Morgan's idea was worse because talking with the kind of people the saviors are wouldn't get them anywhere.

Sadist

Another good episode! Is this why the thread seems so quiet these days? All the "man TWD is the worst" peeps seem to like it I guess.

- Carol gave Sam his cookie afterall
- Carol x Tobin? Well that was sudden.
- Abe leaving Rosita, Eugene standing around awkwardly. Love the guy.
- Haha the zombie head thing. Amazing. Rick doesn't give a shit.
- Infiltration stuff was amazing.
- Father Gabriel man! The gave him some balls after all. Amen.
- Man, you almost feel bad for the guys, getting stabbed in their sleep. Oh wait, no we don't. Dem pictures man. Don't look Glenn.
- Jesus ninja kill was slick
- Oh oh, Carol and Maggie... I could totally see Carol dying.

Interesting.
Very interesting indeed.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Agreed. The only person Glenn "should" have killed was Nicholas and even that situation only really bit Glenn in the ass.

I'm a little surprised that no one is upset about the Carol/Tobin hookup considering it seemed sudden and had little setup.
At this point, they are just hooking people up with random people. Denise and Tara made sense, I figured that would happen, they had some build up. Sasha and Abe have build up/him banging Rosilta make sense. Michonne and Rick have always made sense. Carol is probably going to get her own arc where she either died or ends up with Darlye...or who the fuck knows. I barely know Tobin as a character, I don't see him surviving any time soon.

Sendero

While not doing a proper recon was a terrible idea, I agree that they didn't really had that many options. The Saviors had a hostage and were waiting for the head of Gregory, so needed to act quickly.

Also, considering how far they were from Alexandria, there was a huge chance that the scout team would be intercepted during the day. And sending a couple of persons that far during night, would have been extremely dangerous. They could have been killed by zombies, or alert the enemy in advance.

And really, based on all the group has witnessed so far, what were the chances to find someone else that had more than 1 base and several members. I mean, Daryl had already killed like 10 of them. And they were operating under the info from the Hilltop guy. So, it made sense that Rick would have preferred a full force attack while they still had the advantage. Either way, they are fucked now.

UberTag

At this point, they are just hooking people up with random people. Denise and Tara made sense, I figured that would happen, they had some build up. Sasha and Abe have build up/him banging Rosilta make sense. Michonne and Rick have always made sense. Carol is probably going to get her own arc where she either died or ends up with Darlye...or who the fuck knows. I barely know Tobin as a character, I don't see him surviving any time soon.
I'm happy for Tobin if only because I've been a big Jason Douglas fan for something like 15 years now since his early days of anime voice acting for ADVision in Houston. It's great getting to see him chew through scenery in a high-profile series like The Walking Dead.

1) how did carol bake cookies? Can someone explain to me how this town gets electricity and clean water again?

2) i just realized...has the series ever explained what happens in winter? I imagine walkers dont survive in Canada.

I thought it was great. Very dark and real which is what the show needs to be more.

It was a little "tv dumb" sometimes but that's always expected. It just fucking bugs me when simple questions are never asked or answered. They went a little too far with the foreshadowing. We get it, they fucked up and it's going to cost them big. Don't need to make it so obvious.

But i love the TWD world is expanding. Now it's time to kill off a lot of dead weight to finish the meaningless subplots that go no where a whole season.

Morgan or Carol will take the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom