• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokahey

Why is it so hard for people to identify what type of spoiler they are typing? If you are typing a comic book spoiler, you should identify it as such. I am completely up to date on the comics and I am still annoyed on behalf of the people that don't read them or are not.

Sendero

1) how did carol bake cookies? Can someone explain to me how this town gets electricity and clean water again?

2) i just realized...has the series ever explained what happens in winter? I imagine walkers dont survive in Canada.
1) Alexandria had several Solar panels at hand, and Eugene helped to install them. That was mentioned last season, back when Deana's husband was alive. As for water, they have a lake in the middle, so even if it's contaminated by the zombies, finding more should not be a major issue. They also have a well developed sewage system (which we saw when Maggie was trying to look for Glenn), so perhaps they also have a pluvial one.

As for 2, I'm tempted to say that it was mentioned in the show at some point, but not sure. Wonder if we will ever see those kind of scenarios.

At this point I'm getting tired of the Ricktatorship stuff. I don't route for him as much as others do simply because of how much of a psycho he's become.

True hilltop needed their man back but did Ethan or any of those people say how long they have to gets Gregory's head? They could've taken maybe a day or half a day to scout out at least. And there's always that possibility so that's why I would send ninja Jesus lol. He would be able to escape if things went south. But honestly your right there's always that risk of them being caught.

I think Ricks whole get them before they figure out about us was good in theory. It's just there were a lot of unknowns is my big issue that's all. I definitely think Morgan's idea was worse because talking with the kind of people the saviors are wouldn't get them anywhere.
He also said that they didn't know enough about them. Which is absolutely true as Rick's info was based only on stuff given to them by one person from the Hilltop.

That's it.

dustyherb

He also said that they didn't know enough about them. Which is absolutely true as Rick's info was based only on stuff given to them by one person from the Hilltop.
Ya they really didn't know jack shit. Even the hilltop group didn't know much. The one guy who was supposed to give them the layout to their base hardly knew anything about the inside.

But like others have said they really didn't have much a choice. With Maggie making the deal with Gregory and the saviors wanting Gregory's head it was only a matter of time before Negan and the saviors figured out about Rick's group.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Why is it so hard for people to identify what type of spoiler they are typing? If you are typing a comic book spoiler, you should identify it as such. I am completely up to date on the comics and I am still annoyed on behalf of the people that don't read them or are not.

True. I don't read the comics but I already know stuff that I shouldn't because of this thread. Kinda annoying but whatcanyado.

En-ou

the way this is going is terrible. so they just killed a bunch of negan's people in cold blood going on second hand info.

and yet I bet negan is probably not going kill any of them. watch how they somehow all escape with maybe one of the lame characters getting killed. i'm betting on the priest or the ginger. then they will go on their merry way while negan strikes some deal with them.

or better yet, watch them all get rounded up and then super morgan comes in with his mop stick and save them all.

I better be wrong lol.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
the way this is going is terrible. so they just killed a bunch of negan's people in cold blood going on second hand info.

and yet I bet negan is probably not going kill any of them. watch how they somehow all escape with maybe one of the lame characters getting killed. i'm betting on the priest or the ginger. then they will go on their merry way while negan strikes some deal with them.

or better yet, watch them all get rounded up and then super morgan comes in with his mop stick and save them all.

I better be wrong lol.

these two bits made me laugh

I love Abe though

As for 2, I'm tempted to say that it was mentioned in the show at some point, but not sure. Wonder if we will ever see those kind of scenarios.

Pretty sure they have flash forwarded through however many winters there have been since the show started. The new season or midseason starts after winter is over on the show.

Bandit1

1) how did carol bake cookies? Can someone explain to me how this town gets electricity and clean water again?

2) i just realized...has the series ever explained what happens in winter? I imagine walkers dont survive in Canada.

As for #2 I believe Rick and Shane discussed it in season 2, with Rick saying something to the effect of, "you would have to think the cold would slow them down" but we've never actually seen hard winter in the show.

Minor spoilers for season 2 of the Telltale game:
As they head north they run into quite a bit of snow and it seems to have little to no effect on the walkers.

Sendero

I mean, if we want to be thorough, they did have a viable alternative: Convince/force Hilltop to abandon his friend, and ambush the inevitable party that Negan would have sent.

And with luck, torture a survivor until he gives them more info on what they are facing.

That would of course would have garnered them enemies within Hilltop, would likely divided the group's opinion and would have forced them to leave unprotected Alexandria for an uncertain amount of days. Finally, the battle would have occurred on friendly territory. Which as Rick said, it's a double edge sword.

Based on their experience and info at hand, the furtive attack was a better option. They should just have gone the extra mile: they didn't even attempt to scout the surroundings for escape routes or other outposts. Hell, if they were planning to kill people, they should have used the Wolves tactics, and brings a mini horde towards them.

Pretty sure they have flash forwarded through however many winters there have been since the show started. The new season or midseason starts after winter is over on the show.
Oh. Is that area supposed to get snow at winter? Because if so, it's a missed opportunity.

BBboy20

Besides Abe and Sasha being too slow for no reason to prevent that alarm being sent off, BEST EPISODE of the season so far.

Trophy shots? Yes.
Zombie kills?
___Nope___
Yeah, clothes seem too clean to be walkers.

Yeah the group pulled it off way too easily. I expected them to have much more of a fight on their hands. You would think these serial killers would have more safeguards than just those two guards outside. Being able to just waltz in to rooms and stab sleeping men in the head was way too simple.

Still a great episode though. I'm really worried for Carol, I hope she makes it past this season.
Guess these were the dumb, dumb, crew considering how they just ran into gunfire.

he didn't hear the dude open the door
Neither did we.

That was a rough episode. I get these are very bad guys, but watching the protagonists of the show murder people in their sleep was very disturbing to see.

UberTag

That was a rough episode. I get these are very bad guys, but watching the protagonists of the show murder people in their sleep was very disturbing to see.
Glenn got off easy. They should have given him a visibly pregnant mother that looked like Maggie to kill in her sleep.

KevinG

Just finished season 5. That finale was awesome.

If the season 3 finale would have been on that level, my wife and I would have kept our cable and not procrastinated watching the show on Netflix for 2.5 years.

That being said, we want to catch up before the season 6 finale, but want to find he most cost efficient way of doing so. Legally.

LycanXIII

TV Gabriel already > Comic Book Gabriel. I've never really liked some of the changes they've made in the TV version (everything before the Prison Saga being a big disappointment except for Shane), but man have they really upped their game, sticking close to a lot of comic plot points but remixing it in cool and interesting ways!

Regarding Gabriel (Mild Comic Spoilers):
After they get to Alexandria he kind of just disappears. I guess in a TV show when you're hiring a good actor, you'd want to utilise him as much as you can!

It's funny. (Comic Spoilers)
The past two issues have actually been almost the exact same for Gabriel. He's becoming a soldier now, at the same time he is in the show.

Comic Spoilers

Don't you think its too obvious
with all these hints to glenns death?

im confused - i don't know what to believe - and that exactly what the producers want

Nameless

Like Glenn Rick went the entire show without killing a single person before popping his cherry with a double kill..

olsRkEM.gif

From then on the guy has become perhaps the most prolific killer eastern seaboard has ever seen--just absolutely bathing in blood. I'd be shocked if Negan's body count was much higher. Not saying Glenn will ever get to that level, but we saw it was in fact easier the second time. It'll be interesting to see just how far he goes to get Maggie back now that taking lives has sorta been demystified.

Comic Spoilers

im confused - i don't know what to believe - and that exactly what the producers want
Comic spoilers

I think Glenn's death is pretty obvious for comic readers at least. The fake-out this season. Maggie's "this fight will cost us"." Glenn being happy with a picture of his baby. Glenn finally killing someone. The pictures. At this point, it has to happen

My parents suspect nothing though

Comic spoilers

I think Glenn's death is pretty obvious for comic readers at least. The fake-out this season. Maggie's "this fight will cost us"." Glenn being happy with a picture of his baby. Glenn finally killing someone. The pictures. At this point, it has to happen

My parents suspect nothing though

comic spoiler

but what if they wan't us to think that glenn will die, so that they shock us with the death of someone else. Thats why i say its too obvious now. Atleast i hope so

Palpable

Like Glenn Rick went the entire show without killing a single person before popping his cherry with a double kill..

olsRkEM.gif

From then on the guy has become perhaps the most prolific killer eastern seaboard has ever seen--just absolutely bathing in blood. I'd be shocked if Negan's body count was much higher. Not saying Glenn will ever get to that level, but we saw it was in fact easier the second time. It'll be interesting to see just how far he goes to get Maggie back now that taking lives has sorta been demystified.

I could've sworn Rick and Shane shot those guys running out of that flipped car in the first 10 minutes of the first episode.

olsRkEM.gif

I laughed because it's both funny and true. His human kill count is astounding if you add it up.

olsRkEM.gif

Rick is lowkey the Clint Eastwood of this world and our generation. A badass savage.

Apoc29

rXlYzoD.jpg

I love that the episode was filled some genuinely funny moments, but also some very unsettling moments too. Those dudes they killed may very well have deserved it, but doing it while they were sleeping just feels very wrong. Especially since the group knew almost nothing about them; remember in Season 1 when they were about to throw down with some gangsters but it turned out they were caring for old folks? It could have easily gone down the same way.

Oh well. Just hope that Gabriel keeps quoting the bible before he lays fools to rest.

dustyherb

Comic Spoilers

The writers are just fucking with comic book readers at this point. Gimple has learned well from Kirkman lol.

Comic spoilers
I still think it's going to be Glenn personally but the writers have done a fantastic job of keeping us guessing. This second half has been mainly hinting at Glenn getting the bat but Morgan is still a valid candidate especially with his focus in the first half. And not to mention it would make sense on why Rick spares Negan later on.

You have Abraham also who has had major build up this season. And if they didn't want to use an original cast member I see them choosing him. And finally you got Daryl who would cause the biggest surprise, impact, and make the audience completely hate Negan.

Either way none of us are ready for Negan and Lucille. It's going to be brutal to watch.

zer0das

Banned
I really wasn't a fan of how they cut the action scene. Although rewatching it, it appears there were at least two individuals that weren't killed on screen and one seemed to be female. Perhaps the voice on the radio? If so, really sloppy on Rick and company's part. It looked like the building had multiple floors, and they just cleared the first one on screen. Like there's no way it should have been day time when they come out, unless they did the slowest sweep of the place ever.

I really wasn't a fan of how they cut the action scene. Although rewatching it, it appears there were at least two individuals that weren't killed on screen and one seemed to be female. Perhaps the voice on the radio? If so, really sloppy on Rick and company's part. It looked like the building had multiple floors, and they just cleared the first one on screen. Like there's no way it should have been day time when they come out, unless they did the slowest sweep of the place ever.
They attacked just before dawn

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm a little surprised that no one is upset about the Carol/Tobin hookup considering it seemed sudden and had little setup.
I was just upset that they seemed to be flagging carol for death. Big dangerous mission, love interest out of nowhere. Not good signs for survival.

Well, he's on a journey. First he disagrees with the way Shane wants to run things in this new world, but by the time he reaches Alexandria, he IS Shane.

He certainly disagreed with how the Governor had established himself in Woodbury. The Governor decided to push his new community into a war against Rick's prison community. And now here we are, with Rick basically pushing his community into a war with Negan's community, before even talking with them.

Rick has now become the Governor.
He's basically Genghis Khan: follow his rules, you'll be fine. But if you resist or get on his bad side...

Yes. I was squirming. It almost made me root against Our Heroes until I saw the polaroids and then I was like WELP, THEY DIDN'T KNOW BUT IT TURNS OUT THESE PEOPLE KIND OF DESERVE TO BE MURDERED.

was still hard tho.

Man, loved everything about the episode except the ending. Come onnnnn. Maggie and Carol? Carol is supposed to be RAMBO. She blown up those Cannibal's base like the goddamn delta force. From the looks of it, Carol might bite the dust. The Toobin make-out came outta nowhere. Maggie too. The show can't have a pregnant Maggie running around or looking after a newborn. Shanebaby is more than enough toddlers for Walking Dead.

reKon

Banned
Just watched this...

This episode was everything. Felt like The Last of Us end game hospital level type shit with all those rifles and people rushing out from all over the place. And the ending, damn...

LifEndz

olsRkEM.gif

One of my favorite scenes in the series. Especially how terrible the chubby Guy's accent was. He went from New York to Boston to Chicago in like three sentences.

Anyway, great episode. Only complaint was how rushed the assault on Negan's base was. Like someone else said, recon should've happened, but I guess if they didn't deliver dude's head that guy would've been killed. The Negan arc has been great thus far. Still don't think Kirkman is going to be able to help himself and COMIC SPOILERS
someone other than Glen will get their head bashed in.

zer0das

Banned
They attacked just before dawn

No kidding, but it was completely dark when Gabriel shot the guy and that was moments before it cut to them starting to leave the place. So in the interim you have at least an hour or two. What on earth were they doing with that time? They obviously didn't load any of the vehicles up because they "stumbled" onto them after the cut.

Oh well, this show is pretty awful about time continuity, so I guess that's pretty much par for the course.

Social

I don't read the comics so I have no idea what will happen but the way they really lingered on those pictures of people with their heads bashed... I'm guessing that's to warn us to the upcoming danger, Negan? He/she is totallly going to bash someone's head in right? I guess it's about time we lose someone, it would make sense.

Finished uploading Episode 4 of the DAY AFTER DEAD podcast. Check it out if interested, we discuss this week's episode. No comic spoilers too.
you know I was actually thinking about this earlier and I think the reason is is because it's just eight weeks and then a two month break and then eight weeks and then like a 30 week break they don't overdo it with 24 episodes seasons ......
Yeah for sure, the breaks help. I'm looking forward to Fear The Walking Dead for its different approach, so I'm hoping for another solid season. Despite its flaws I really enjoyed the show, and I'm excited to see how they improve upon last season.

1) Alexandria had several Solar panels at hand, and Eugene helped to install them. That was mentioned last season, back when Deana's husband was alive. As for water, they have a lake in the middle, so even if it's contaminated by the zombies, finding more should not be a major issue. They also have a well developed sewage system (which we saw when Maggie was trying to look for Glenn), so perhaps they also have a pluvial one.

It was explained early on that it's an experimental self sufficient eco town which is not a large stretch. Large parts of new Zealand have been doing a lot of it for years in the deep rural areas with each house having its own sewage system not connected to mains water ways and their own water collection / filtration systems. They use ground heat pumps a lot that solar panels wouldn't struggle to run and hot water for the house can be heated from a wood burning stove as a backup

The most jarring thing so far to me was them having an ultrasound machine and a super clean "hospital" room. It seems like a massive waste of electricity to run a machine like that, not to mention who saves one of these things during a zombie apocalypse? Humans have been giving babies for thousands of years before ultrasound. Just seemed weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom