• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Uh... Comic spoilers?

Nope, just ~Kinggi~ letting the imagination of revenge running wild.

I dunno. I haven't seen the infamous "Red Wedding." But that seemed rather tame compared to some things. I mean we see him beat them, and a little blood splatter, but nothing that is beating them into a pulp. They're pretty much post pulp with the exception of Glenn's hand twitching.
It's also a boring comparsion, if only "death" are those moments that stand out for people.
Instead of the acting,story and what it actual means for the development of the story/characters.

Carl's bad acting suits his character though. He's supposed to be this sociopathic young man because of having to grow up in this world. His lack of emotion is kind of perfect.

Ambient80

That trumped Glenn's death since you actually saw it happen and they didn't cut away like with Glenn just seeing the before and after. But yeah, the special effects guys put in some work.

I guess I mean it both in the sadness of losing such a long-standing character, AND the gore. I didn't feel much connection with Oberyn, but Glenn we've seen forever. So Oberyn was more visually brutal, and Glenn was more I guess psychologically brutal (as much as a TV character dying can be lol).

For a second there I thought this show had jumped the shark with AMC's stunt last season and how it seemed like they were still stringing us along, but I gotta say...they delivered. That was fucked. I did not see the second death coming at all. FUCKING DARYL. And in the end I think the audience ended up being as fucked up as Rick. I really believed Corl's arm was a goner. Great episode.

p.s. Corl's actor is absolutely awful.
Compared to Andrew Lincoln and JDM, Coral's actor is terrible. He's certainly no young Leo DiCaprio but he has come a long way. He's improved a whole lot.

Nameless

Really was a great episode. JDM stole ever scene. He and Andrew Lincoln have amazing chemistry, as twisted as it's been so far.

Menitta

My parents are still keeping up with the show and they're really not happy about this episode. I stopped after season 5 (don't care about spoilers) because of college. I know what happens, but was it at least written well?

Pilgrimzero

Well, they were together for like 5 seasons and 5 years now. Similar to Beth's actor. The whole cast pretty much works together even on off-days to where they regard each other as a "family."

Thanks for spoiling something in the comic for me, Kinggi, ass.

I don't recall this happening in the comic

UberTag

Is Norman Reedus from US? I detect an accent.

Heck everyone on that stage has an accent.
He was born in Florida, raised in Los Angeles, has lived in Japan, Spain and Ireland and presently lives in New York when he's not on set in Georgia or doing work elsewhere.

Pennywise

does anything else ever happen in the WD universe besides group wars and the fight for resources? id prefer seeing what's left inside the major cities, government research centers etc.

Yes.
Something different will happen eventually.

However, you already saw the CDC and you saw how Atlanta looked like.
There isn't much left in terms of cities and there hasn't been a point of any government related things going on.

Sanjuro

I guess I mean it both in the sadness of losing such a long-standing character, AND the gore. I didn't feel much connection with Oberyn, but Glenn we've seen forever. So Oberyn was more visually brutal, and Glenn was more I guess psychologically brutal (as much as a TV character dying can be lol).

Not exactly. The show transformed the characters into horrific people. Glenn dying feels roughly on par.

Oberyn really wasn't a big deal to the audience like you mentioned though.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
CvfjIOOXYAAG2Pi.jpg

breadtruck

so did anyone actually lose a hand?

No. There was a big buildup where Rick was supposed to chop one off though

My parents are still keeping up with the show and they're really not happy about this episode. I stopped after season 5 (don't care about spoilers) because of college. I know what happens, but was it at least written well?

I thought it was great, but Im a huge fan too.

Curious to see how Daryl plays out this season.
He killed Glen and the look on his face during Negan beating Glen's head in showed it.

Absolutely loved how this episode played out. My god. Wife was all tears and I was definitely struggling to contain myself.

~Kinggi~

Banned
He was born in Florida, raised in Los Angeles, has lived in Japan, Spain and Ireland and presently lives in New York when he's not on set in Georgia or doing work elsewhere.

thats a man of quality, right there. Still waiting for that Kojima sex tape. mmm

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The worst thing, of the entire show:

The guy with the Polaroid camera taking a picture of Glenn, in the background.

I've read some of the comics now.

But I'll say for anyone who hasn't talking dead has consistently revealed spoilers about them lol. Probably knew more from talking dead then anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom