• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Man, what a buzzkill of an episode. Nearly got bored to sleep. My empathy for Carol is unfortunately reaching all time lows.

After that fantastic opening, they pull shit shit. I'm not surprised, really. It's what these writers/showrunners do. Their specialty is killing momentum.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
New episode tonight!

Tonight's episode was written by Angela Kang, who last wrote 6.13 "The Same Boat" (the one where Carol and Maggie have to escape from Negan's people) and was directed by Alrick Riley, who last directed 6.14 "Twice as Far" (the one where Denise is killed).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Scott Aukerman (actor, TripTank)
and a surprise cast member!

Oh nice, I really liked that episode.

Everyone liked her as a badass, now they hate her because she's not a badass, she's money and annoying. I don't see how that makes it the "cool thing", it's a natural reaction to them Tyresing her character.

I still like Carol. She did a lot of badass stuff pretty recently last season. I don't mind there being more shades to her character than just being a murder machine.

Everyone liked her as a badass, now they hate her because she's not a badass, she's money and annoying. I don't see how that makes it the "cool thing", it's a natural reaction to them Tyresing her character.
It's not healthy being a merciless badass who can kill so easily

Corpekata

Banned
Dang I remember everyone loved how badass Carol became now everyone hates her. I think its just the cool thing to do now.

Or, y'know, it's reflective of the writing quality. It's hardly a coincidence most of the well liked characters tend to be the badass types. The show has always struggled with writing the type of arc they have her on now.

Carol is still one of my favorites. I like that she's going through a moral struggle right now. She went from meek abused housewife to "kill everyone who isn't in our group" and now she needs to find somewhere in between that she can live with. I don't think she wants to die right now, but she is struggling with how to live without being one of the two extremes she has been within the last couple of years of her life.

Gorillaz

I can see carol getting killed off or limited greatly in the future. She is pretty much the trump card to get the group out of trouble so I can see them limit her time with Rick's people until there is a huge fight and she is needed to tip the scales for them.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Carol is still one of my favorites. I like that she's going through a moral struggle right now. She went from meek abused housewife to "kill everyone who isn't in our group" and now she needs to find somewhere in between that she can live with. I don't think she wants to die right now, but she is struggling with how to live without being one of the two extremes she has been within the last couple of years of her life.
This!! It's why I love her character.

Just about time!

Agreed, one of my favs.

Dog food sandwich, yup fuck you Dwight.

Damn, Daryl.... :(
Must have filmed this right after doing the mocap for the Death Stranding trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom