• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I should care about any of these people. I wasn't looking forward to this episode because it was a Carol/Morgan episode and nothing made me more interested. The episode made me fall asleep several times. This didn't feel like it was lightening the mood as much as it felt like the equivalent of a commercial.
Carol has been in the series since the beginning. People like Morgan. Maybe you don't care, but others do.

Also, falling asleep multiple times in a 45 minute long show, really?

OrionX

Carol is the worst character ever. Boring ass episode.

tumblr_oaqi0f00CT1tz0w00o1_500.gif

Lothar

Banned
Carol has been in the series since the beginning. People like Morgan. Maybe you don't care, but others do.

Carol used to be good. She used to be one of the best. She's been awful since her character change. Morgan too.

Also, falling asleep multiple times in a 45 minute long show, really?

Yeah, it was unbelievably dull. Shouldn't be surprising. Everyone in my house fell asleep on it at some point.

Lorcain

Carol used to be good. She used to be one of the best. She's been awful since her character change. Morgan too.

Yeah, it was unbelievably dull. Shouldn't be surprising. Everyone in my house fell asleep on it at some point.
Do you live in a home for people with sleeping disorders? I know it wasn't an action heavy episode, but it was pretty damn funny at times, and had plenty of weirdness to keep me interested in learning more about the Kingdom.

MisterR

You need to make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors in your house. It can be deadly. This sounds like you may well have a leak.

barit

Great show. Great new characters. I love it. And people who saying they felt asleep, oh come on get real. They need to introduce new stuff first before the shit goes down (just like GoT). Can't you see the big picture? Well I already saw 3 different settlements under the servitude of Negan. I saw
the apparatus for making bullets
in the opening credits. I can do the math without reading the comics. This gonna be so epic.

Smoolio

The reactions to the 2nd episode make me realise that we will be stuck with the circle jerk of shock TV for quite some time yet.

Sunster

I really hope Rick kills Negan
unlike in the comic
. I usually don't physically feel things when watching TV, especially non HBO TV. That 1st episode though...fuck, I hate Negan. I Hate him. I just don't wan a multi season drag out.

I hope the season ends with Rick, Maggie and Daryl standing over Negan, guns pointed at his head and Rick tosses him the hatchet and orders him to chop his own arm off. Afterwards Rick says "now let the tiger have him", and King let's Shiva loose to eat Negan alive.

TheYanger

Second episode was a real drag. I found the kingdom just as unbelievable as Carol did, and spending 50 minutes in that setting with nothing happening was truly uninspired. the 'twist' that Ezekial isn't actually an idiot at the end didn't do anything, I mean I didn't expect he was insane or anything from the start, but it rang so hollow to me.

Honestly, the entire episode felt like someone took the larping Fargathians from Sunset Overdrive and decided not to make them funny instead. It's the kind of thing that fits in a comic book a hell of a lot better than a tv show.

Sunster

Second episode was a real drag. I found the kingdom just as unbelievable as Carol did, and spending 50 minutes in that setting with nothing happening was truly uninspired. the 'twist' that Ezekial isn't actually an idiot at the end didn't do anything, I mean I didn't expect he was insane or anything from the start, but it rang so hollow to me.

Honestly, the entire episode felt like someone took the larping Fargathians from Sunset Overdrive and decided not to make them funny instead. It's the kind of thing that fits in a comic book a hell of a lot better than a tv show.

School I could wrap my head around. Choir group though? Get real.

They are not killing Negan

This season? Or ever?

Mediking

What about the cure? Isn't there supposed to be a cure for the zombies or something? Is that still a thing or.... is it now just survival????

dustyherb

What about the cure? Isn't there supposed to be a cure for the zombies or something? Is that still a thing or.... is it now just survival????
The only time a cure was a thing was when Eugene was lying to everyone about there being one. As long as the show keeps following the comic there probably won't be a cure.

Sunster

And they are basically back in the middle ages except with a few guns and cars so I don't see how any cure could possibly be developed.

It's TWD. He's sticking around til at least S10.

What about the governor though? wasn't he a 1 season arc?

Mediking

there was never any mention of a cure ...

There was a long time ago, didnt they got to the CDC with that redheaded guy from the Truman Show? Also didn't Eugene tell everyone there was a cure but he then said he was lying.

The only time a cure was a thing was when Eugene was lying to everyone about there being one. As long as the show keeps following the comic there probably won't be a cure.

What the hell? So the cure thing is dead? Just what is the point of this show then????? Mankind turns into monsters when zombies outbreak? We've seen that already.

And they are basically back in the middle ages except with a few guns and cars so I don't see how any cure could possibly be developed.

The governor wasn't as cool though. Also I just googled he came in Season 3 and died in Season 4 (woops)

OrionX

What the hell? So the cure thing is dead? Just what is the point of this show then????? Mankind turns into monsters when zombies outbreak? We've seen that already.

Oh Mediking... do you watch the show or is this just a drive by? lol

Why do they have to have a grand mission? The main point of the show has always been survival in the face of impossible odds. To me it would be cliche if it ended with them finding a magic cure for everything... though I'm not saying I want the characters to have a terrible, unhappy ending either.

Mediking

Oh Mediking... do you watch the show or is this just a drive by? lol

Why do they have to have a grand mission? The main point of the show has always been survival in the face of impossible odds. To me it would be cliche if it ended with them finding a magic cure for everything... though I'm not saying I want the characters to have a terrible, unhappy ending either.

I actually do watch the show. I always thought somebody in the universe of the show was cooking up a cure and that person would either become a good guy or become greedy with the cure and be a bad guy.

I actually do watch the show. I always thought somebody in the universe of the show was cooking up a cure and that person would either become a good guy or become greedy with the cure and be a bad guy.
In reality, he cut his arm when a beaker cracked and died from a blood infection

The governor wasn't as cool though. Also I just googled he came in Season 3 and died in Season 5 about 2 seasons in episodes I think.

Died in the mid season final of season 4 so he lasted a season

First post in a walking dead topic btw. Huge fan and to me the series got better with each season. However I binge watch each season when its out, it helps a lot with filler and seeing the big picture and themes. Man from season 4 and onwards this series has gotten so good. And its not like I have only bad taste... love stuff like sopranos and six feet under as well. The walking dead is just my weekly dose of dread and hopelessnes. Always ready for crazy rick

OrionX

Maybe there is, and who knows maybe they will explore that idea. I wouldn't expect it anytime soon though... and I'm not saying I would be against it, I guess I just would want it to be executed in a way that doesn't feel trite.

Betty

Banned
Cuz its more interesting to have characters of all types, even the type of insane sociopath that Negan is, instead of only following "good" characters you want to root for.

One of my favourite parts of the show was seeing the Governer's own journey after the failed attack.

Comic spoiler related to the above discussion:
Negan is basically Rick's Joker. Him being alive is far more interesting than Rick and co just killing him

Mediking

THIS IS ABOUT A SCENE IN THE SHOW... About the Governor... didn't he....
have a sex scene in a car? And wasn't there another person who was sleeping?!?!?!?!

If I'm wrong then this is embarrassing....

OrionX

have a sex scene in a car? And wasn't there another person who was sleeping?!?!?!?!

...Mediking are you sure you watch the show? XD

I think you might be thinking of Shane and Andrea. The Governor and Andrea did get it on, but I don't think they ever did the deed in a car, not on the show at least. I haven't read the comics.

I think that was the episode when the Governer thought he was Dr. Who.

Governor lived halfway through season 4 and in the comics he
only lived through like 21 issues while Negan was introduced in issue 100 and is still around at issue 157?

...Mediking are you sure you watch the show? XD

I think you might be thinking of Shane and Andrea. The Governor and Andrea did get it on, but I don't think they ever did the deed in a car, not on the show at least. I haven't read the comics.
I think it was the back of a truck or something? It was when he was with Lilly , her daughter and Tara and Gov and Lilly did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom