• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the thing that drives me absolutely batshit about this show is the horrible plot contrivance. Here's Negan, at the gate, with a bunch of people. Why not mow them the fuck down while they're standing there? Or shoot Negan right in his ugly fucking face right there with the gate closed?

I mean, I realize this is based on a comic and it's one of the reasons I feel like comics aren't "real literature" but hot damn this is just stupid. Rick TORE OUT A GUY'S THROAT a couple of seasons ago when he and Carl were threatened, and here we go with Negan standing right fucking there and Rick takes it up the poop chute "just because."

Ugh. Fucking lame.
it is pretty lame. i just hope the whole damn season doesn't drag with episodes like this, negan treating everyone like bitches.

the fight back has gotta start soon some way some how

So the thing that drives me absolutely batshit about this show is the horrible plot contrivance. Here's Negan, at the gate, with a bunch of people. Why not mow them the fuck down while they're standing there? Or shoot Negan right in his ugly fucking face right there with the gate closed?

I mean, I realize this is based on a comic and it's one of the reasons I feel like comics aren't "real literature" but hot damn this is just stupid. Rick TORE OUT A GUY'S THROAT a couple of seasons ago when he and Carl were threatened, and here we go with Negan standing right fucking there and Rick takes it up the poop chute "just because."

Ugh. Fucking lame.
they didn't have their guns on them? They don't know how many men negan brought with him? They don't know that negans men won't come and get them afterward?

Silly and rash it would have been to strike. The goal is to not lose anyone else....

BFIB

it is pretty lame. i just hope the whole damn season doesn't drag with episodes like this, negan treating everyone like bitches.

Im sure we're going to get a subplot with Hilltop and Ezekiels place.

Man, I really feel like dropping this show and just keeping up with it through highlights or something.

Like I know we aren't getting neeeeeegan's downfall until later but dammmmn I really feel like they're just stretching everything out.

"This is not our life."
giphy.gif

Man, I really feel like dropping this show and just keeping up with it through highlights or something.

Like I know we aren't getting neeeeeegan's downfall until later but dammmmn I really feel like they're just stretching everything out.
dude we're barely a handfull of episodes in......jesus.

exactly how i'm feeling

unfortunately there aren't enough of us likeminded for viewership to drop and amc to stop fuckin around like they have been
dude we're barely a handfull of episodes in......jesus.
can't say he's wrong, man. this is the vibe I'm getting even 4 episodes in.

The entire show since Season 4 has been stretching the show out for details and nuance....

OrionX

Rick to the Alexandrian's last season: "We have to fight to survive! It's life or death out there!!"

Rick to the Alexandrian's now: "Give it up. Fighting is impossible. Pls just obey them k?"

Poor confused Alexandrian's... xD

BFIB

Rick to the Alexandrian's last season: "We have to fight to survive! It's life or death out there!!"

Rick to the Alexandrian's now: "Give it up. Fighting is impossible. Pls just obey them k?"

Poor confused Alexandrian's... xD
Rick left as Obama.
He came back as Trump and Negan is Putin.

they didn't have their guns on them? They don't know how many men negan brought with him? They don't know that negans men won't come and get them afterward?

Silly and rash it would have been to strike. The goal is to not lose anyone else....

Yeah, plus Rick's convinced at least for now that anything they try will fail. He's convinced that even if they took those shots they'd just miss him somehow and then they'd be back in a shitty place.

Though now it's a little less of a story hole with them taking most of their guns. Still, I agree this group isn't one to accept for this long even if it means dying.

unfortunately there aren't enough of us likeminded for viewership to drop and amc to stop fuckin around like they have beencan't say he's wrong, man. this is the vibe I'm getting even 4 episodes in.

How have they been doing that though? The guy's been "in charge" for merely 2 episodes since ep 2 was following Morgan and Carol. They're not stretching out yet, not to say they won't tho!

My friend and I are taking an extended break from the show so I can finally introduce him to The Sopranos.

But from what I'm reading here, it sounds like the show is following the comic arc, which may or may not be a good thing.

Pacing has never been the show's strong suit, and translating what is mostly (or was mostly) a tightly wrought graphic novel to screen has been a real hit and miss affair.

If Kirkman and co are smart about how they develop this plot within the show (hint: they aren't), things will be moving along by the second half of the season. Hopefully.

How have they been doing that though? The guy's been "in charge" for merely 2 episodes since ep 2 was following Morgan and Carol. They're not stretching out yet, not to say they won't tho!
it feels like previous seasons have had more go on in 4 episodes..but i'll keep watching to see how long it takes for the real action to start

Yes this is pretty lame. Carl would have emptied that gun into Negan's head and damn the consequences. This is the kid who buried a dude out in the woods with Hershel at his side. And with that haircut he's clearly not someone who thinks about the consequences.

You clearly haven't read the right comics then

Would love some recommendations honestly. I've tried to get into TWD but at this point I have gone too far down the road on the show to consider the graphic novel "good."

They have a decent gate. They take Negan out and loose bullets into the crowd just standing there and they have the advantage. I get they didn't expect them, but I also suspect they continue to maintain an armed guard on the gates as they have in the past.

Anyway, they certainly could have done more thinking about getting Negan into the compound with a little advanced guard ensuring his safety. Him standing at the gate was just stupid and should have been acted upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom