• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

°Marvel vs Capcom 3° NeoGAF tournament of salt and pringles

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay I've decided. PSN is up and somewhat stabilized for everyone. I'm giving practice until the 30th. Tournament will begin on the 31st. No and, ifs or buts anymore.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kadey said:
Okay I've decided. PSN is up and somewhat stabilized for everyone. I'm giving practice until the 30th. Tournament will begin on the 31st. No and, ifs or buts anymore.
Sweet Ill be back from fanime the day before that :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Brackets are done. I'll post it up the day tourney begins. A week until then. Interesting matchups. :0

Oh, the statue.

NBSaV.jpg

Rorschach

Why isn't Rogue in MvC3? She could be like a flying version of She Hulk with added draining ability!

Anyway, haven't played in a while... wonder how I'll fare with a button that only works half the time. I didn't have high expectations to begin with. :|

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tourney starts in a couple of days. Brackets will be up by then.

Stats of region.

16 people for West Coast, U.S.

20 people for East Coast, U.S.

1 person for Mexico.

2 people for Canada.

2 people for Hawaii.

7 people for Midwest, U.S.

2 people for Europe.

Hopefully the bracket is not heavily region based and I can challenge some West Coast Gaf on the first match. But If it is and I have to Challenge Sephiroth on the first go :/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah, it's going to be a little weird with the uneven amount of matchups but we'll get it going.

I'll have it up soon.

Looking forward to this, been practicing for a few hours today for the first time in a month or 2. I feel on point with my team kicking ass in ranked.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Match ups are posted in OP. Tournament begins tomorrow. No time frame for them and best out of five.
Contact your opponent and do what you have to do.

Since there is no spectator and what not, just post the results and I'll update things accordingly.

Next round will be pools of some sort. One will have to be bigger than the others I suppose.

Good luck to everybody.

gibration

Ferrio said:
Invitation sent, I'm going to get creamed since I haven't played in a month.... and been playing Blazblue.
Don't worry, I haven't played since the day that patch was released that nerfed sentinel.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh hey Im home now. Sure was funny playing random people at the con and hearing them go OMG WTF WAS THAT I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE after they look at me funny when I ask to play haha. Saddly I couldnt enter the tourney there cause I had stuff to do with friends.
akachan ningen said:
wait, how does this tournament work? isn't it double elimination?
╣First to three matches; best out of five; single elimination╠
Qistoptier -[vs]- akachan ningen
*giggles*

Degen

WELL LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' MEAN GENE

THIS Q GUY THINKS HE'S ONE COOL CAT

BUT WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER

WHATCHA GONNA DO

WHEN (the incredible) HULKAMANIA

SPAMS BnB'S

ON YOUUU

1knXI.gif

QisTopTier said:
Oh hey Im home now. Sure was funny playing random people at the con and hearing them go OMG WTF WAS THAT I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE after they look at me funny when I ask to play haha. Saddly I couldnt enter the tourney there cause I had stuff to do with friends.

*giggles*
honestly though, I've never been to a single elimination tournament before. I think it's silly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Master Milk said:
Must be Platinum's nickname.
You're in for a world of cute!

*barfs*

akachan ningen said:
honestly though, I've never been to a single elimination tournament before. I think it's silly.
I've been in a few. The fact it's a small community tourney with quite a few people should help speed things along these things normally take fucking forever here

Neki

I know I'm going to get cheesed out sooner or later, that's why single elimination is going to be the death of me, loool.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. Tournament is officially on. Matches can be played at any time with no deadline. Just make it reasonable. Don't play it like two months from now.

It's single elimination and it's online. Anybody can win. The better player may not necessarily win.

But. If I had to choose someone who I think would take it all. It would be Chauncy. He's the only top player in the tournament. :)

JeTmAn81

Kadey said:
Yeah. Tournament is officially on. Matches can be played at any time with no deadline. Just make it reasonable. Don't play it like two months from now.

It's single elimination and it's online. Anybody can win. The better player may not necessarily win.

But. If I had to choose someone who I think would take it all. It would be Chauncy. He's the only top player in the tournament. :)

I wouldn't count QIsTopTier out too quickly...dude is gdlk. Anyhoo, excited for this thing to finally actually start! Will be contacting Rorschach tonight for our match if possible. Until then, I must ruminate on which team to lead with...here's hoping I win at least one round!

Neki

Kadey said:

I don't even know who that is, so he can't win.

JeTmAn81

I think I will try to record my match(es) and if possible throw some commentary in there. All for the entertainment value. Unfortunately all I have for equipment is my smartphone so it might be crappy (720p video, though). We'll see.

Chavelo

Kadey said:
He's the chips ahoy guy. And he was at the recent UGT7 tourney. Really nice guy.

Oh, hey! That's pretty cool! Hopefully, I won't get to face him too soon... Hmmm, lemme see if my opponent has logged on to the PSN network...
/checks PSN
Huh, hasn't accepted yet... Hmmm, lemme check the list again...
/goes back to first page.
Let's go down to the brackets section...

Fistwell -[vs]- weallstink
Morro! -[vs]- Master Milk
SephirothRK -[vs]- Trin3785
Cloudius12 -[vs]- Moofers
Chauncy Talon -[vs]- Chavelo
Liposome -[vs]- Karsticles

^_^

Cloudius12 -[vs]- Moofers
Liposome -[vs]- Karsticles

._.

o.o

ಠ.ಠ

vulva

Ultimoo said:
who the hell is happy phantom? I guess we're the only Canadians, lawl.
yoo, I'm the former happy phantom. Can you give me a couple days though? I just moved to a new place and need time to get unpacked and set up.

Rorschach

JeTmAn81 said:
I think I will try to record my match(es) and if possible throw some commentary in there. All for the entertainment value. Unfortunately all I have for equipment is my smartphone so it might be crappy (720p video, though). We'll see.
Don't record mine. It's gonna be a sad display not having played in a long time and having a half-working H button!

JeTmAn81 said:
I notice there was a player named Chauncy at UFGT7. Is that the same person?
Yeah, Mr Chips Ahoy! lol

NeoUltima

Ggs K701. Down to the wire (xf Spencer ftw). We can play again in the future when I have more time if you want.

Also, I swear I did not rage after that first match, the game just disconnected lol.

Top Bottom