• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Concord’ Lead Character Designer Believes “Whites Must Acknowledge Their Privileged Position, And Then Actively Work For Equality”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
amanda seyfried GIF

Catphish

So…everyone was upset at conservatives getting cancelled and we should just do the same thing?

Don’t buy the game based on the merits of the game itself, not the political beliefs of someone who worked on it

I can assure you that a huge portion of the products you consume and games you buy are done so by people with similar beliefs
If a person who worked on the game is going to attempt to brow beat me into some kind of political submission based on the color of my skin, they can take a flying fuck off a fucking cliff, and take their bullshit cuntwaffle product with them.
👉

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
If you weren't at least a little horrified at the George Floyd incident 10 days after he died, before protests were out of control, when basically the whole country was unified in the idea that something about police training might need to be done, you probably have other issues. Hard R-shop issues. That's the context of those tweets.

Now this guy could be a totally off the range woke nutjob, but those particular tweets at that particular time don't prove it. That's the distinction.

poodaddy

Gold Member
How's about kissing my ass? I'm not priviledged enough anyone's ever done that to me.
sad panda GIF
This man.

I grew up in East TN, but came originally from Columbus, Ohio, then spent time in Florida, South Carolina, hung the hat in southern Tacoma, WA area for twelve years, and am now in Northern New England....I am so fuckin sick of hearing about white privilege.
Interestingly, all the people who keep talking about it are generally privileged ass people from rich parts of the country like San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, and Brooklyn, (gentrified as fuck now, if ya know then ya know but otherwise shut up about Brooklyn ain't privileged, it is now bud), and they generally tend to be white people or just general shit stirrers. This is just classic projection and self loathing, and a consistent need for those with a victim complex to have a scape goat to point to and complain about. Complaining about white privilege is a sure fire way to expose that you don't know a goddamn thing about the world and how it works, at all, and that you haven't traveled much. Go look at the poorest neighborhoods in Virgina, South Dakota, Kentucky, or Maine and then come back and tell me about white privilege.

The truth is, the only real privilege that some people start out with is based on money and class, that's it. Race ain't got a goddamn thing to do with what you come from and where you're goin; but the neighborhood you grew up in, the wealth, (or lack thereof), of your family, and the education level of your guardians and those you choose to surround yourself with sure as shit do have absolutely massive influence on your general outlook in life, your work ethic, and your attitude towards education and employment.

Chukhopops

Concord is a new progressive and modern shooter for Pc & Playstation. It features five black women, four aliens, three robots, and one white man. It’s incredibly diverse and non-heteronormative. Plus, it has pronouns. Are you excited?
Lmao imagine putting in the same list robots, aliens and black women. If robots count as diversity doesn’t that make Gundam the most progressive series ever created?

Also this game is deader than dead with this kind of marketing. They should pull a Hyenas and cancel the whole thing.

Zathalus

I'm not going to stop purchasing a game because of what somebody working on it posted on social media. It's just as dumb here as it was with the whole internet drama around Hogwarts Legacy. Or the Sweet Baby controversy.

I will judge a game on its own merits, which in this case is not looking too great. It looks like a lamer version of Overwatch which I stopped playing many years ago.

Last edited:

Saber

Its no surprise, the game speaks volumes about the guys behind it. This is cringe and social bullcrap stuff at its purest form.

If you guys have any doubt wheter gaming industry is being infested with people with no love and passion for games, thats the answer right there.

Spoiler: there aren't

This game will fail spectacularly and it will be glorious.

I'd just like to know which idiot greenlit this.

Or on what basis the decision to purchase the studio was made.

Reeks of a desperate move from Sony out of fear of being left behind on the GaaS hype train.

Can only hope Blundell‘s incubation team is cooking something up that is not built for „modern audiences“ and shackled down by DEI, while being highly politicized and totally sanitized at the same time.

Alebrije

They are going all out. Even the store icon is a rainbow.

uAyFEO7.jpeg
Fuck 95 U.S. for nothing ? This is AC Shadows again, create controversy and the put those prices

Early access for a new IP , this is not COD or Overwatch. As a Gaas base Concord should cost 40 at much and this Deluxe 50.

Crazy price for a Game That could bomb.

Y

Trilobit

"Lead character designer believes moon is made out of cheese and astronauts need to actively try to get slices of it to Earth"

Why are we entertaining the delusions of insane people?

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Did you just say Deep Rock Galactic is shit?!?! Are you crazy or what?

It is probably the best coop shooter around, and I don't even play it !!
And it can be played completely solo too!! One of the best FPS games ever!!
----------
On topic. Wish people could make great games because they had an idea for a fun game or vision for a world that is engaging to be a part of....instead of dealing with this over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom