• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films to See in March (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Batman v Superman And Zootopia. Wish there was more I could watch this month.

Any early buzz Expendable. for BvS aside from the rumors?

denx

Batman v Superman, The Witch and Kung Fu Panda 3 for me (the latter two come out here this month).

Hopefully I'll be able to catch Creed (only came out a couple of weeks ago). 10 Cloverfield Lane comes out in April here unfortunately, and avoiding spoilers will be a nightmare.

edit: go see Zootopia, it's great.

First time I've heard of Cloverfield Lane. I'll probably watch it, going in blind.

Would love to see Knight of Cups but it doesn't get released here. Maybe I'll watch it on a business trip if there's a theater that has it.

Gobias

Banned
Did you like his other movies? 'Cause they usually are slow moving in general (though i like the style, personally).

Haven't seen any of his other movies. I was told I would like it because I liked Stray Dogs, but I didn't feel there was anything interesting happening at all on the screen except for a couple nice shots.

Weasley

Watched Sweet Bean (here in the Netherlands it's still called An) yesterday, was a bit of a disappointment tbh.

Haven't seen any of his other movies. I was told I would like it because I liked Stray Dogs, but I didn't feel there was anything interesting happening at all on the screen except for a couple nice shots.

I couldn't get into Boonmee, but I liked this one. Still not wholly on board with his style, but his films are one-of-a-kind.

Speaking of Stray Dogs, I need to see more/any of his movies. I'm checking out Goodbye, Dragon Inn this weekend at Metrograph.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Zootopia
Midnight Special
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

BvS

Also:

RfZczgW.jpg

Blader

Gah, the new Hosoda film is really not all that? :/ How disappointing. I'll still check it out.

Really? I'd heard good things.

Also, I could've sworn it was released last fall, but maybe that was just an Oscar run and this is a wide release?

These are always based solely around my anticipation/thoughts on a film. For example, I can't wait to see Midnight Special because I've liked what Jeff Nichols has done. It also got enough great reviews out of Berlin that it should be a worthwhile watch to discuss, even if it's not entirely successful for some.

Get on it! Two of the year's best.

Do you ha e a write up of what you thought of caesar?

5. Krisha (Trey Edward Shults; March 18th)

Krisha-620x347.png

Synopsis: Krisha returns for Thanksgiving dinner after ten years away from her family, but past demons threaten to ruin the festivities.

Trailer

Why You Should See It: Krisha is only a few steps away from being yet another tried and true character study of a family member returning home to mend relationships. Yet Trey Edward Shults, in his feature debut, injects a vibrant style that runs through every scene, with smash cuts, long takes, chaotic inserts, and sound design not easily shaken. If one imagines a smaller-budgeted version of Punch-Drunk Love marked by psychological-horror undertones, they're starting to get the idea.

Krisha sold me just based on the cinematography. Thanks for the heads up.

RS4-

Just got back from London Has Fallen. It's just another Call of Duty campaign.

Don't really bother. I think Olympus was better.

IconGrist

Batman v Superman
10 Cloverfield Lane
Midnight Special

The rest I will have to catch on home release unfortunately.

Ooccoo

I watched Cloverfield for the first time yesterday and liked the trailers for the new movie, so I'll watch that. Not thrilled about Batman v Superman, trailer showed almost everything in the movie.

Lima

Knight of Cups is only getting a US release now what? It hit theaters in September here in Germany and the Blu-Ray is out since January. Huh

linsivvi

I couldn't get into Boonmee, but I liked this one. Still not wholly on board with his style, but his films are one-of-a-kind.

Speaking of Stray Dogs, I need to see more/any of his movies. I'm checking out Goodbye, Dragon Inn this weekend at Metrograph.

You are saying it's better than Boonmee? I might give this a try then.

bomma_man

BVS looks soooo fucking awful, and I'm not sure I can really do Malik anymore.

Maybe I'll just catch up with older shit.

CloudWolf

Perfect month to catch up. Zero interesting films coming out this month IMO. I'll read the synopsis of Batman vs. Superman, though.

10 Colverfield Lane
Batman v Superman
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Zootopia

Saw Knight of Cups last year and found it a meandering and incoherent mess. One of my fellow reporters called it a pretentiously shot "perfume ad." Those are short at least. Oh well, to each his own. I'll settle for watching batman and superman beat the shit out of each other.

You are saying it's better than Boonmee? I might give this a try then.

It drew me in a bit more. I think most reviews I've read prefer Boonmee though.

Do you ha e a write up of what you thought of caesar?

I didn't do the written review, but I discussed it on our podcast.

Knight of Cups is only getting a US release now what? It hit theaters in September here in Germany and the Blu-Ray is out since January. Huh

Yeah, Broad Green decided to wait so, so long. Not a great decision, in my opinion, but I hope it does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom