• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 out of 15 Sony studios have not officially announced what they are working on

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Which publisher has done a better job in the last 24 months and which platform holder has done a better job of bringing exclusives to their platform in the last 24 months? Keeping in mind that everyone's been coming out of the effects of the pandemic in that time frame. SIE has stated that only now are they past the disruptions to their pipeline from the pandemic (well, as of the end of the last FY)

May/June and/or September. This ain't frickin' rocket surgery. This has happened enough over the course of this gen that we should all know this by now. If it doesn't happen in May/June then it'll happen in September.

Nah, I greatly disagree.

They are market leader because they make great games.

They have no ode to rush an announcement cause you are upset or something, people buy games, they do not buy teasers or CGI trailers sir. I've argue more publishers and developers have been hurt by this, then by shutting up between releases, in fact what fucking game can we even say suffered from having a short marketing window from reveal to release? Fallout 4 was wildly successful based on this type of marketing. No Hype, no Bullshit, just reveal, release date and see you at the end of the year.

Look at Cyberpunk 2077, this game was revealed in 2012 and then spent almost a decade being changed, altered and by the time it released that shit wasn't even a fraction of what was being promised or shown prior to release. So....let the developers cook.

They wish to make games in peace, I'd argue with the records they broke and awards they got, they deserve that much.

So, Sony's messaging is we'll show you games when they are actually ready to be shown sir, that is good enough for me as this whole reveal just because shit is overrated and seems to do more harm then good.

Nintendo and PC are shitting all over Sony and Microsoft.

Sony's games this generation have been arguably forgettable. No one is talking about Ragnarok, Spider man, Horizon forbidden West as actually ground breaking great games. They are worse sequels than their original games. Games aren't getting better, they are getting worse...with more Wokeness and tired tropes. I am not even normally bothered by "woke" stuff etc but I am not playing god of war to play as Atreus.

I'm sorry but buying exclusives from third parties that I can just wait for a superior PC version is not doing a good job to me. You can disagree and say Sonys above games are incredible and that's fine if that's your taste but it's not my opinion. There are so many more games I would rather play.

drganon

Nintendo and PC are shitting all over Sony and Microsoft.

Sony's games this generation have been arguably forgettable. No one is talking about Ragnarok, Spider man, Horizon forbidden West as actually ground breaking great games. They are worse sequels than their original games. Games aren't getting better, they are getting worse...with more Wokeness and tired tropes. I am not even normally bothered by "woke" stuff etc but I am not playing god of war to play as Atreus.

I'm sorry but buying exclusives from third parties that I can just wait for a superior PC version is not doing a good job to me. You can disagree and say Sonys above games are incredible and that's fine if that's your taste but it's not my opinion. There are so many more games I would rather play.
YyL5.gif

Top Bottom