• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

150 Wii games and I want more

Regiruler

Silent Hill Shatered Memories and Disaster: Day of Crisis are decent.

Do you have that controller with a screen thingy? If so, I heard good things about The Wonderful 101.

I'm hoping this isn't a serious post.

EDIT: Why secret rings and colors but no unleashed?

Bog

Junior Ace
I "only" have 104, except I made sure to get all of the good ones. No FE or Xeno? You kidding?

karaveo

Banned
You can also try:

Blast Works: Build, Trade & Destroy
Bully Scholarship Edition
Deadly Creatures
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
Obscure The Aftermatch
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Yuterald

Opoona? I think it's a simple pokemon-like game or something. Not sure on availability or anything.

Nah, it's a traditional turn based RPG with an odd ball throwing battle mechanic (that bon-bon looking thing on his head...). Game's all about enemy positioning and tilting your analog stick to adjust your ball's trajectory (some enemies have shields and you must toss the ball to the left or right). Game's got random encounters, Dragon Quest-like battle perspective, tons of narrative-based side quests and jobs, etc. I think the game is really cool and interesting but the music alone makes it worth playing, imo.

mrmickfran

NSKRxZO.jpg

hSbE0.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWlgD4tM4u.gif

Milestone Shooting Collection had a US port IIRC.

Also that spiritual successor of Pocky and Rocky (Legend of S....) is missing.

So is that Resi Evil remake prequel.

tornjaw

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. And to reply to the ton of Y U NO XENOBLADE!!!11
I do own the game. However, my brother has it with him (several states away) so it's not on my list because it's not here. My bad.

oh and what exactly constitutes the Cursed Mountain Limited Edition?

It's steelbook version of the game with an artbook and making of DVD.

41bZBYKuBHL.jpg

kubus

Deadly_Creatures.jpg

Get it!

It looks like shovelware but it's actually really decent. So sad it bombed, but what did they expect with a title and cover like that.

Also, motion-capped Scorpions.

edit: Oh, and it also looks like you're missing PokePark 2?

Opoona had the most heartwarming story of any RPG I've ever played. The music and presentation was pretty nice too. Reminded me of a Dreamcast RPG with its low-poly, high-color environments.

I loved it. Fuck the 'herp derp pienuuuus' crowd.

Yuterald

G0523

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Mario Party 8
Mario Party 9
Pikmin 2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Xenoblade Chronicles

Xenoblade, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Disaster: Day of Crisis (if you have the means) and Animal Crossing if it's your first foray into the series.

Codeblue

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom are the missing games that stand out. MH3 is obsolete now that Ultimate is out, but it was one of the best games on the platform.

There are an unreasonably large number of those that I want. I am stunned.

Last story, lost in shadow, and pandora's tower come first out of what I don't have. Yes I got xenoblade already.

The Wii definitely has a surprisingly large library of decent to great games. Personally, I am up to 136 games right now with plenty good ones that I still haven't added.

As some people have mentionedwhile there are some disc releases you're missing for sure, but the biggest thing you seem to have forgotten is WiiWare titles. There are at least a few dozen good WiiWare games, maybe more, and you should get some (and a 2GB SD card to hold them on; more space than that really isn't needed unless you're getting a LOT of WiiWare/WiiVC games.). I've got only a bit over 100 disc Wii games myself, so there definitely are more to get, but I also have about 20 on WiiWare and there are a good number more I want to get eventually.

No, Go Vacation was by Namco Bandai. It was Wii Sports Resort-ish, with a big island to explore.
Go Vacation is by the people who did We Ski and its sequel We Ski and Snowboard. It's kind of like those games, but better and with more variety.

kswiston

Wii was better than people give it credit for. My collection is about 35 games, and there are maybe 20 others I may pick up at some point.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That's a pretty great collection. I've about 60 retail Wii games, and I love most of them with only a few exceptions.

There are way too many overlooked titles on the platform.

I'm currently after Little King's Story. That's the one game I feel that's missing from my shelves.

Edit: Oh yeah, Fishing Resort and Go Vacation too!

Edit 2: And Trauma Team. And Opoona. Holy shit, I shouldn't have entered this thread.

kswiston

That's a pretty great collection. I've about 60 retail Wii games, and I love most of them with only a few exceptions.

There are way too many overlooked titles on the platform.

I'm currently after Little King's Story. That's the one game I feel that's missing from my shelves.

Edit: Oh yeah, Fishing Resort and Go Vacation too!

Edit 2: And Trauma Team. And Opoona. Holy shit, I shouldn't have entered this thread.

Trauma Team and LKS were $10-20 everywhere for awhile. I'm not sure what they go for now.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Trauma Team and LKS were $10-20 everywhere for awhile. I'm not sure what they go for now.

They're pretty rare down here in Brazil, and unfortunately I seem to never be able to find them when I'm in the US despite looking everywhere.

RM8

Wow, if each one of those games consists of an average of 20 mini-games, then you have 3000 Wii games! :D
jk, I think I played more Wii games than PS3 games this gen

PetrCobra

Don't get Monster Hunter Tri. The game is crippled by the fact that the servers were shut down. Now more than half of it (High Rank) is inaccessible plus most of the fun was online anyway. Get MH3U instead if you have a 3DS or Wii U.

rjc571

Banned
Here's a list of good Wiiware titles you should look into. I'll leave out games that have been ported to PC unless I feel the Wiiware version is worth playing over the PC version. I'll also leave out the Bit Trip games since you have the disk collection.

2 Fast 4 Gnomz
Adventure Island: The Beginning
Alien Crush Returns
Art of Balance (unless you have a 3DS, then get it on that)
Art Style: Cubello
Art Stlye: Light Trax
Art Style: Orbient
Art Style: Rotohex
Art Style: Rotozoa
Blaster Master Overdrive
Bomberman Blast
Bubble Bobble Plus
Castlevania Adventure Rebirth
Chronos Twins DX
Contra Rebirth
Dive: The Medes Island Secret
Dr. Mario Online RX
Driift Mania
Eco Shooter: Plant 530
EscapeVektor Chapter 1
Excitebike World Rally
FAST Racing League
Final Fantasy: My Life as a King
Final Fantasy: My Life as a Darklord
Fluidity (this one is a must play)
Ghostslayer
Gradius Rebirth
Jett Rocket
Kyotokei
Liight
Lilt Line
Lit
Lost Winds
Lost Winds 2: Winter of the Melodias
Maboshi's Arcade
Magnetica Twist
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Motoheroz
Mr Driller W
Muscle March
NyxQuest
Onslaught
Overturn
Palluriko
Pearl Harbor Trilogy Episode 1 (sadly there was no ep2 or 3)
Pokemon Rumble
Pop
Rage of the Gladiator
Rainbow Islands Towering Adventure
Snowpack Park
Space Invaders Get Even
Tetris Party
Thruspace
Tomena Sanner
Vampire Crystals
You, Me and the Cubes
Zombie Panic in Wonderland

All in all, Wiiware had an extremely deep and impressive library of games. It's too bad the platform wasn't more commercially successful.

meppi

I'm at 120 now and I think I have just about all the games I want. Maybe a couple here or there that I still need to grab.

The ones I'd certainly add are:

Gottlieb Pinball Classics
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Fishing Resort
Deadly Creatures
Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers

And if you have the means to play import games on your Wii, be sure to hunt down a copy of Zangeki No Reginleiv as it's one of my favourite games on the systems. So much so that I have it twice!

icBV7ovcxAd8p.jpg

Damn that's a lot of games. And here I thought my 50-ish was already far too much...

FYI for the OP, Project Zero 1 isn't available for Wii. The two Project Zero games for Wii are the remake of 2, and 4 (which was only released in Japan, but has a fan translation patch that can be loaded from an SD card without any modding).

As for games you might be interested in...the only one that I can think of which hasn't already been mentioned is Onechanbara, though it's really average at best unless you really like that sort of hack & slash gameplay.

EDIT: And I just got ninja'd. Damnit! And how did I forget Zangeki No Reginleiv? *facepalm*

Top Bottom