• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

150 Wii games and I want more

Lijik

Noticed a distinct lack of Rabbids Go Home
rabbids-go-home_e3_09.jpg_626.jpg

Its charming and hilarious, has cool customization features, and the collecty/racey/platformy thing that the gameplay consists of stays fun throughout.
Its the rabbids at their best, but I dont think the minigame crowd bought it so Ubisoft went back to pumping out more minigame compilations.

D-e-f-

Banned
Here's a list of good Wiiware titles you should look into. I'll leave out games that have been ported to PC unless I feel the Wiiware version is worth playing over the PC version. I'll also leave out the Bit Trip games since you have the disk collection.

Then why on earth would you leave out And Yet it Moves? The WiiWare version craps all over the PC version and it's one of the best games on there!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
150 games? I only try to go for the very best with my game collections.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
The Wii has no gamez right?

Anyways, this just once again shows how incredibly underrated the Wii library of games is.

Noticed a distinct lack of Rabbids Go Home
rabbids-go-home_e3_09.jpg_626.jpg

Its charming and hilarious, has cool customization features, and the collecty/racey/platformy thing that the gameplay consists of stays fun throughout.
Its the rabbids at their best, but I dont think the minigame crowd bought it so Ubisoft went back to pumping out more minigame compilations.

This. Don't let the other games put you off, this is a genuinely good one.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
And how incredibly dumb gamers are who kept insisting the bolded was true.

Yeah they got it all wrong. The PS3 was the one that had no games.

Sorry I had to.

D.Lo

Of your 'to get' list, I enjoyed:

Another Code R
Animal Crossing
Batman the Brave and the Bold
Captain Rainbow (played a bit through with a translation because I love Skip's games, hard going though)
Deadly Creatures
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (New Play Control) - better on GCN with the drums
Mario Strikers Charged
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 - AWESOME controls
Monster Hunter 3
Pikmin 2 (New Play Control)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - Best game in the series since 2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Trauma Team

Man, so many great quirky games on the Wii.

D.Lo

Just watched the IGN review of that Deadly Creatures game, It looks really unusual. Actually very refreshing. Makes you feel like a child again.
Yeah I played through the whole thing for that reason.

In one sense it lives up to the promise. You literally play as a spider and a scorpion and have to traverse environments using arachnid skills. There's a very nicely done 'human' story that plays out in the background too, a really nice (if simple) indie film-like thing.

The aesthetic is good too. Not a 100 million dollar game, but definitely uses the tech the Wii has to create a nice atmosphere, particularly the lighting.

The downside is that the controls suck. It's one of the early 'waggle' games that really does work worse than buttons would have. Classic controller, or just less 'waggle to attack' would have made it much more enjoyable.

Still, a flawed but fun fairly unique indie gem.

Shadouian

Neo Member
Tomb Raider: Anniversary on the Wii is a good game. It's also not simply a straight port from the PC and other console versions.

Unlike said versions - which all feature the traditional, automatic lock-on shooting mechanism past Tomb Raider games are known for - the Wii version features pointer-based shooting controls. All things considered, it works pretty well.

One downside is that there are a bunch of puzzles/actions that also make use of motion-controls, which in practice often has you performing more steps to execute simple actions, such as pulling levers, than the other versions. A few puzzles are downright awful in execution due to poorly designed motion-controls, but overall the controls seem to work fine.

There's also Tomb Raider: Underworld for the Wii, but I haven't played it so I can't comment on its quality. I'm guessing the controls are very similar to Anniversary. I do seem to recall hearing that certain levels were truncated in size and that some enemies (such as sharks in the water levels) were removed, compared to the other versions.

Another game not on your list is The Kore Gang, which is a platformer in which you control 3 different characters in a mechanized suit. Again though, as I haven't played it, I can't comment on whether or not it's a good game. Unfortunately, the reviews on Amazon are mixed, so it's hard to say.

Octomania isn't a bad puzzle game (it isn't a particularly great one either). Its by the creator of Puyo Puyo so story mode is a similar format of silly skits with weird characters.

Wordjong party is decent if you like word games but you can probably find it on other systems.

DJ Hero would appreciate having a controller. Also IIRC DJ Hero 2 has all the songs from the first (can't remember if they were on disc or DLC).

Milestone Shooting Collection had a US port IIRC.
It was called Ultimate shooting collection. Didn't put much time into it due to not being PAL60 compatible (tries to output as S-Video instead resulting in a red and black image when using RGB Scart leads; the problems with having a PAL system).

Octomania isn't a bad puzzle game (it isn't a particularly great one either). Its by the creator of Puyo Puyo so story mode is a similar format of silly skits with weird characters.
Funny story. This has an online battle mode. I popped the game in about 7 months ago and actually found a match pretty quickly.

Wow and I thought I had alot at 82.

Such an underrated system, lots of great games, shame that it seemed to get way too much hate considering how good a system it was.

D-e-f-

Banned
Wow and I thought I had alot at 82.

Such an underrated system, lots of great games, shame that it seemed to get way too much hate considering how good a system it was.

That happens when something is not considered cool by the majority. Same thing happened to the GameCube (first: "LOL purple lunchbox!" -> now: the ultimate hardcore darling) and I bet a similar thing will happen with Wii U once we moved on to whatever comes next.

Degen

Oh man Tatsunoko vs Capcom is so good

If there had been a sequel to that instead of Marvel vs Capcom 3, I'd have been fine with it

tornjaw

So I picked up some of the games that you guys recommended and found the boxart/manuals for some others:

I had to move the Wii games because there were just too many:

===================
Wii Games to Get
===================
Another Code R
Animal Crossing
Arc Rise Fantasia
B̶a̶t̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶r̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶o̶l̶d̶
B̶r̶o̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶S̶w̶o̶r̶d̶
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Calling
Captain Rainbow
D̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶D̶i̶s̶c̶o̶v̶e̶r̶y̶
Deadly Creatures
Dino Strike Zoo
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Disney: Guilty Party
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (New Play Control)
D̶r̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶T̶o̶ ̶L̶i̶f̶e̶:̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶N̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶
Escape from Bug Island
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Fishing Resort
Fritz Chess
Go Vacation
H̶a̶r̶v̶e̶y̶ ̶B̶i̶r̶d̶m̶a̶n̶:̶ ̶A̶t̶t̶o̶r̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶L̶a̶w̶ ̶
M̶a̶r̶i̶o̶ ̶S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶
M̶e̶d̶a̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶H̶o̶n̶o̶r̶:̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶2̶
M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶H̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶
M̶u̶s̶h̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶M̶e̶n̶:̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶p̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶s̶
O̶b̶s̶c̶u̶r̶e̶:̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶m̶a̶t̶h̶
O̶p̶o̶o̶n̶a̶
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
O̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶U̶p̶!̶
O̶v̶e̶r̶l̶o̶r̶d̶:̶ ̶D̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶e̶n̶d̶
Phantom Brave:We Meet Again
Pikmin 2 (New Play Control)
Project Zero 2 & 4
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
Sky Crawlers
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
S̶o̶n̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶K̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶
T̶e̶n̶c̶h̶u̶ ̶4̶
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Trackmania
Trauma Team
W̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶s̶l̶a̶n̶d̶
Zangeki No Reginleiv

Just realized that I didn't include several of those games in the first pictures. >.<

balohna

Do you want DecaSports? I bought it because I was asked to reference it in a written test for a job I applied for. Played it a little bit, but it's worse than Wii Sports so never bothered revisiting it.

If you literally just want as many Wii games as you can get I would be willing to sell for a low price.

Opoona.jpg

Get Opoona, it's a really fun, cute sci-fi RPG that has a fun story and an interesting battle system that only uses the nunchuck.

Edit: Noticed you got it. Fantastic. Play it when you get a chance.

pikablu

Centipede Infestation is a surprisingly good re-imagining of Centipede. It can be had for $4.99 used. It's real fun is playing the game in multiplayer co-op. The story is really cheesy and you can tell it was a budget game but nevertheless it's really fun.

Also I heard Pirates Plundarr is decent. It has 4 player co-op.

Mzo

Monster Hunter Tri came in a cardboard box with the pro controller packed in.

Figured I should mention it since you seem to have all of the other cardboard box games I can think of.

rjc571

Banned
Is Escape From Bug Island actually worth playing or was the person who recommended it just trying to be funny? I remember it being considered something of a laughingstock early on in the Wii's life.

Jeez after I system-transfer my stuff to the wiiu I need to hack my wii to make it region free so I finally play games like earth seeker, reginleiv,and disaster.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Homeboy gave up on the Conduit series. I guess I can understand.

EDIT: C'Mon OP. Both Luxor games? Why?

MarkusRJR

Honestly curious OP, have you played all of them? I have 45 Wii games and I still have like 2 I've never even had a chance to open.

I should take a pic of my collection, 147 Wii games. OP I think you got most of it. I'd be hard pressed to find any more than what I own now.

kunonabi

I'm at 92 myself and I'm only interested in a few more titles as I have most of what I really wanted.

still missing:

Fishing Resort w/ rod
Kiki Trick
Takt of Magic
Wii Music
Dragon Quest 25th anniversary
Beat the Beat
Little King's Story
LA Machine Guns & Gunlade NY
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World(I think it looks neat)

I'll post some pics of my collection in a bit

Top Bottom