• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 convicted killers successfully escaped from NY max security prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkeband

Banned
Report via police scanner is that they were trying to trade a vehicle (or two?) for firearms in Alburg, and were last seen at 2 PM in the Rouses' Point area, which is on the NY side of NY/VT.

To give you an idea of where this is... it's slightly north of where my first post indicated they were seen yesterday morning.

DkfP06E.png

If they haven't got across the border at this point they won't now, they missed their chance when they weren't being actively sought.

Skeyser

Maybe they didn't break out, but some people from the outside broke in to free them. Would explain all the tools they got access to.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't it be amazing if they were both lovers. And they were escaping to get married? So romantic.

If I were them I'd stay in some friend's basement in NY for a year without coming out, will be much easier to move around then. After that...I have no idea. It seems really hard to live on the lam in the modern age.

Kinyou

If I were them I'd stay in some friend's basement in NY for a year without coming out, will be much easier to move around then. After that...I have no idea. It seems really hard to live on the lam in the modern age.
A friend's basement is probably the first place where the police will look. Don't think they'll get far, just hope they don't hurt anyone

Valhelm

contribute something

I disagree. If you can get out of the country, it won't be difficult. Sneak away to Latin America and find yourself passage to Africa or Asia. Change your name and identity and move to the Philippines, and if you live a low-profile life you might never be caught. The problem is that you need to immediately stop committing any violent crimes.

Arkeband

Banned
Actually, speaking of basements, someone I went to school with on my Facebook has had police next to her house for the last 24 hours - apparently they attempted to (or successfully) broke into their basement (external cellar door) the night of the escape.

But like I posted above, according to police scanners they were sighted ~37 miles away the next day on both sides of the NY/VT bridge, so they're still out and about.

Arkeband

Banned
And the circus continues...

http://nypost.com/2015/06/08/employee-probed-as-possible-accomplice-in-jailbreak/

Sources said the worker may have been wooed by one of the escaped cons, Richard Matt, 48, an infamous lady killer.

“He has a way with the ladies,” the source said.

Another source, retired Detective David Bentley, who helped put away Matt for the 1997 murder of a North Tonawanda businessman, added, “When [Matt’s] cleaned up, he’s very handsome and, in all frankness, very well endowed. He gets girlfriends any place he goes.”

Detective Bentley, Private Eye... eyeing privates.

params7

Banned
Waiting for the movie (or TV series but with Prison Break still fresh in people's minds that might not happen).

Because that's clearly what I said lol. To put it in layman's terms: they can't live remotely normal lives as highly wanted criminals, they will be looking over their should every instant until they die or get caught.

So what? Worst case scenario they go right back where they were. Nothing to lose for either one.

ElFly

It's amazing how you cannot avoid but root for escaped guys.

Go on, sweet murdering princes, go back to freedom....try not to murder too much :(

Pizza

Everyone is confused about the power tools but how the fuck did they get dummies into prison? Did they leave, raid Macy's then go back and drop off the fakes to then leave again?

Arkeband

Banned
Everyone is confused about the power tools but how the fuck did they get dummies into prison? Did they leave, raid Macy's then go back and drop off the fakes to then leave again?

They weren't actual dummies, they were pillows and sheets. The most elaborate thing in the beds were hooded sweatshirts.

The latest update I've had from the CO side of things (my fiancée's brother, father, uncle, and mother's boyfriend all work at the prison... I wasn't kidding when I said everyone from around here tends to work there) is that they truly have no idea where they went, which is why Cuomo's offering such huge cash rewards for tips.

Arkeband

Banned
Was going to post this update a little while ago when it hit my FB feed but wasn't sure if it was related to the escapees -

Public video of a police presence at a suspected location - rumor is they have caught one and the other is cornered.

http://www.facebook.com/colin.gilbo/videos/1007253959287120/

I guess the video's going semi-viral.

Also, it was confirmed that a woman who worked in the tailor shop of the prison was the one who supplied them with the means to escape.

EDIT: Neither have been caught yet obviously, all of our local and statewide media outlets got ahead of themselves and started pinning it on each other.

Breaking News (CNN): Manhunt has begun. City of Friendship, NY is on complete lockdown. NY GAF, stay sharp.

Multiple folks tipped the cops. Should be an interesting showdown.

Guard involved in helping them escape has been suspended.

Jarrod38

I'm surprise they lasted this long. Being on the run this long in the woods with raining and so on would make you tired and screw up along the way.

You mean Friendship, NY GAF?

This has a population of 2000 people total.

Sorry, that was two separate thoughts. The situational irony of a couple of escaped murderers being cornered in a city named "Friendship".

And then telling all of NY GAF to be safe, just to be sure.

AkuMifune

Banned
It was a friendship born in prison. A friendship based on murder, adultery and lies. A friendship that will be tested in a hail of gunfire in a small American town.

Friendship, NY. Coming this fall to AMC.

Stay safe NY gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom