• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

So I finally decided to give the rear fender on my bike the chop.

Couldn't find a picture of my bike from behind so I just gotta use a stock one for reference.

Went from

To

Much better in my opinion. Just waiting on the new signals to come in for the front and rear and I should be good. The dude working on my bike is going to make a bracket for the license plate today. Not much else I want to do to the bike cosmetically other than that though. I might go with a smaller exhaust or maybe wrap the pipes.

Also need a new rear tire heh.

looks great! Have you considered just not using turn signals? Is that legal where you live? The bike looks so clean as is. In any case, be sure to post pics when it is all done.

looks great! Have you considered just not using turn signals? Is that legal where you live? The bike looks so clean as is. In any case, be sure to post pics when it is all done.

Not totally done yet but here's a better picture. Also signals are needed on bikes in California from everything I've read.

oWvizyT.png

Yeah, 'safe and responsible behavior' under those circumstances would have been just hanging back until the other lorry finishes overtaking. Not doing something that is likely not anticipated by either lorry driver on a part of the road that is littered with dirt, bits/pieces that fell of other vehicles and other stuff.

That last corner also seem a bit questionable, carrying a lot of speed into a fairly tight corner is probably more of an issue than the 'pebble' he mentions. Nice save though. He doesn't panic.

Anyway, it's a good rule, but he should practicing what he preaches :D (and maybe consider another hobby after three fairly serious accidents, two of which crippled him for 6 months! I mean fuck...).

Damaged

Not that many actually... I just did the 12k service. My riding time has gone way down since my 2nd kid. :(

Ah bummer, well kind of haha. Still considering the amount of off road you have done with it its still pretty damn tidy, any bike I have ever taken near dirt always ended up trashed in a hurry :(

Flo_Evans

Ah bummer, well kind of haha. Still considering the amount of off road you have done with it its still pretty damn tidy, any bike I have ever taken near dirt always ended up trashed in a hurry :(

That's its good side lol.

Actually planning a trip to colorado this fall to ride the rocky mountains but I am not taking that bike, can't wait!

iamblades

ZX10R at Pikes Peak... pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quf-vWRMBvY

Wow watching POV footage from a motorcycle at pikes peak is super unsettling. I mean even more than the cars. Something about the where the bottom of the screen is noting but sky and open air. Makes you feel like you are going to fall off.

That definitely takes nerve though, I don't know how you can convince you self to swing yourself out to the proper racing lane before one of those fast sweepers with no guardrails(not that a guardrail would do any good at that speed). I mean you are riding a motorcycle at ridiculous speed and you are 5 goddamn feet from the edge of a fucking mountain.

I have seen people here in the UK use them but never know why as what happens when it rains and is it very comfortable?

Apparently it's fine if they get wet, according to the FAQ on the website. It's not perfect but it makes a pretty big difference in comfort for me. I was on the bike about 4 or so hours yesterday (off and on) and my butt wasn't too sore. Normally the saddle kills me after about 1.5 hours.

Apparently it's fine if they get wet, according to the FAQ on the website. It's not perfect but it makes a pretty big difference in comfort for me. I was on the bike about 4 or so hours yesterday (off and on) and my butt wasn't too sore. Normally the saddle kills me after about 1.5 hours.

Cool cheers for the feedback... will have to look into this if I do longer rides. Enjoy the new saddle pads

senahorse

I use these on longer rides, they help a great deal to prevent monkey butt and prevent me getting a sore ass from sitting a lot, I guess it's why I prefer to be off-road more:

moto-skiveez-opt.jpg

http://motoskiveez.com/

They have versions for sports bikes and cruisers as well.

Dougald

I used an air hawk inflatable cushion on the last big trip I had, it's still knocking about in the garage somewhere...

sKrqK4D.jpg

Probably gave me an extra 3 hours a day before the pain set in. Looks ugly as sin, though

Flo_Evans

Be careful out there!

Had a pretty nice get off at lunch today. I was turning left behind a bunch of cars then all of the sudden, what is this green crap on the road? Oh ANITFREEEZE!? AAHHH. Lost the front and fell over pretty hard. That shit is slick. I should of been paying better attention, I saw there was an accident earlier and a car on a flatbed being towed.

Then to top it off as I picked up my bike I didn't notice the engine was still on so and the bike was in gear so of course I grab a wrist full and do a nice 360 burnout on the slick antifreeze surface. The crowd loved it. Then some guy yelled out "HEY THATS ANITFREEZE!" and I am like thanks dude, a little late. And got the hell out of there.

No serious injuries besides a skinned knee and elbow. Bent my shifter lever up pretty good, might have to get a new one.

Fixed1979

Be careful out there!

Had a pretty nice get off at lunch today. I was turning left behind a bunch of cars then all of the sudden, what is this green crap on the road? Oh ANITFREEEZE!? AAHHH. Lost the front and fell over pretty hard. That shit is slick. I should of been paying better attention, I saw there was an accident earlier and a car on a flatbed being towed.

Then to top it off as I picked up my bike I didn't notice the engine was still on so and the bike was in gear so of course I grab a wrist full and do a nice 360 burnout on the slick antifreeze surface. The crowd loved it. Then some guy yelled out "HEY THATS ANITFREEZE!" and I am like thanks dude, a little late. And got the hell out of there.

No serious injuries besides a skinned knee and elbow. Bent my shifter lever up pretty good, might have to get a new one.

Shit can happen fast. Glad to hear you made out with only a couple scratches though!

Damaged

Be careful out there!

Shit, that's not good news. Glad you are all right though and that the bike isn't too badly damaged.

Booked my Aprilia in for the 50,000 mile service next week. Got a rough estimate including new chain and sprocket of £760!!!! I mean its a super sturdy chain as I seem to eat chains for some reason but still :'(

Watevaman

Just shy of one month after 18k, now I'm past 19k:

I'm proud of this little bike, still running like a champ after 12k miles with my sadistic butt at the helm.

If things go well in the weather forecast, I may be passing 20k by this weekend.

Flo_Evans

Okay just checking. :lol

Sorry to hear about it Flo, at least it was a low-speed affair.

I've been thinking in my head all day if it would of been better if no cars were in front of me, I probably could have seen the patch of antifreeze and avoided it. But I probably would of been taking the turn much faster with no cars in front of me.

Sucks I am on blood thinners/anticoagulants. The bruises are going to look much worse when I explain this to the wife... >_<

Damn Richard, that is seriously pretty.

Be careful out there!

Oh man, that's rough. At least both you and your bike seem to be mostly o.k.

Just shy of one month after 18k, now I'm past 19k:

I'm proud of this little bike, still running like a champ after 12k miles with my sadistic butt at the helm.

If things go well in the weather forecast, I may be passing 20k by this weekend.

If we're ever doing award for stuff, you're a likely contender for most miles driven in a year. Or do we have anyone else that's really racking em up like that?

Dougald

Glad you're ok Flo. Spillages are probably the hardest to avoid road hazards, it's just bad luck

New tire. New front and rear signals and side mounted license plate. My girl is almost done.

This reinforces the gut feeling that I need my next bike to be Italian. Awesome.

If we're ever doing award for stuff, you're a likely contender for most miles driven in a year. Or do we have anyone else that's really racking em up like that?

This would be fun to keep track of. What do you guys consider a lot of miles in a year? While I don't keep an absurd miles per month pace, riding season is 365 days a year here and suspect I should end up with around 18-22 thousand miles driven this year.

Damaged

This would be fun to keep track of. What do you guys consider a lot of miles in a year? While I don't keep an absurd miles per month pace, riding season is 365 days a year here and suspect I should end up with around 18-22 thousand miles driven this year.

I've just finished 50,000 in three years, that should probably put me near the top of the list. Usually ride just under 100 miles a day for work all year round plus travel for pleasure on top of that.

Damn! That's is very good work!

Now I feel ashamed for driving a car to work. Though when the weather is nice (which isn't often admittedly), I do take a bike every now and then.

This year I managed to do nearly a 1000 kilometers on the X1 before it broke down (will get that fixed soon though).

About 500 kilometers on the M2 now that it's up and running again. Also taking it to the shop this saturday to get the transmission fixed (weird issue in first gear where it only engages once you start rolling).

And another 2000 kilometers on the Monster, it's the most reliable bike after all and I also took it to Belgium this spring.

Dougald

3000 miles/year is average in the UK for bikes

When I ride to the office daily I used to rack up about 7k, now I probably do just under 3 a year

Damn you guys are putting me to shame. I thought 7-8k a year was a lot. I gotta start riding more. Especially live in LA I have no excuse haha.

Watevaman

Haha, thanks man, but I don't really ride that much to be honest. A lot of my miles were from commuting to work and stuff. I do try to do a couple hundred miles on weekends when possible but that only adds so much. As I said, I'm just happy the bike keeps up with me.

Damaged

Honestly I would prefer to do less, sometimes it can get to the weekend and the last thing I want to do is get back on a bike. It really cuts down on my riding for pleasure

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This is me trying on the Spartan motorcycle jacket (prototype) at Comic Con. We're also doing a Master Chief helmet (DOT approved) and I'ma douche it up in this , the helmet AND my ONI/ODST custom Ruckus.

a4h6ckI.jpg

Top Bottom