• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

the v-rod's revolution v-twin is a modern engine design from porsche, and it hits HARD off the line, but it had nothing on the zed 1k :) plus i could take the sweeper exit like it was nothing...
I was just being self deprecating as a Harley owner. Its something we tend to do when the issue of quality comes up. It makes it easier to swallow the fact that we overpaid for our bikes with no real tangible reason why.

I was just being self deprecating as a Harley owner. Its something we tend to do when the issue of quality comes up. It makes it easier to swallow the fact that we overpaid for our bikes with no real tangible reason why.

self-deprecating HARLEY OWNER? wtf is wrong with you. AMERICAN IRON UPSIDE THE HEADS OF TWEE GIRLY MEN ON THEY CROTCH ROCKETS!

man, if i had a harley, i'd be insufferable. i was bad enough on the america. with a big ol' hog, i'd offer up regular blip blasts from my cocktail shorties, taunts of GIT A REAL BIKE PUSSY to anyone in track leathers, and rolling burnout starts just because if i buy AMERICAN, I ROLL AMERICAN y'all city-boy pissants! ;-)

if i only had a bigger garage (and no kid). more specifically, if i had ONLY a garage and no other money sinks...

3 o'clock tomorrow.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND 3 O'CLOCK TOMORROW

i'm like a little tweenie bopper waitin' for the biebs. i'm like a fat kid before the friday all-you-can-eat cold stone creamery special. i'm like a redditor waitin' for his first bitcoin to complete and verify. i'm like opiate before a new release of microsoft excel.

DADDY NEEDS HIS V4

NEEDS

071113-2013-aprilia-tuono-v4-r-abs-05.jpg

by the by, my bike looks like this and not the above. this is what $1500 and 5 hp less looks like. :-( well, and no app to sync lap positions.

self-deprecating HARLEY OWNER? wtf is wrong with you. AMERICAN IRON UPSIDE THE HEADS OF TWEE GIRLY MEN ON THEY CROTCH ROCKETS!

man, if i had a harley, i'd be insufferable. i was bad enough on the america. with a big ol' hog, i'd offer up regular blip blasts from my cocktail shorties, taunts of GIT A REAL BIKE PUSSY to anyone in track leathers, and rolling burnout starts just because if i buy AMERICAN, I ROLL AMERICAN y'all city-boy pissants! ;-)

if i only had a bigger garage (and no kid). more specifically, if i had ONLY a garage and no other money sinks...
I'm only that Harley rider in parking lots, in front of hot women and when there are slow people in front of me on the road. Gotta be careful with the shit talking to real bikers though. You can't really make worn compensators and cam tensioners sound cool. :(

Still cool to pop a boner when your hog sets off 6 car alarms just by starting up. Mmmmm

071113-2013-aprilia-tuono-v4-r-abs-05.jpg

by the by, my bike looks like this and not the above. this is what $1500 and 5 hp less looks like. :-( well, and no app to sync lap positions.

Jesus. Let me touch it? No? Let me touch you?

3 o'clock tomorrow.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND 3 O'CLOCK TOMORROW

i'm like a little tweenie bopper waitin' for the biebs. i'm like a fat kid before the friday all-you-can-eat cold stone creamery special. i'm like a redditor waitin' for his first bitcoin to complete and verify. i'm like opiate before a new release of microsoft excel.

DADDY NEEDS HIS V4

NEEDS

Hope it all goes well for the pickup. That is a damn good looking machine.

good lord it moves if you just slightly release the clutch with no throttle. i almost put it into my wife's scoot as I didn't expect it to move THAT much, lol

gonna take some ridin' style recalibration to get back into the literbike mode...

good lord it moves if you just slightly release the clutch with no throttle. i almost put it into my wife's scoot as I didn't expect it to move THAT much, lol

gonna take some ridin' style recalibration to get back into the literbike mode...

Not a litre bike but I test rode a Honda CBR650F and was kind of shocked when it started moving on its own (really moving) when I let out the clutch. I rode in on a 250 though. :lol

my z would idle high -- 3k revs and move off idle with clutch release and no throttle -- but once the engine warmed up the revs would drop to 2k and throttle was required.

i think they may have borked the setup? the clutch doesn't seem to be fully disengaging...? the demo unit i rode prior did NOT do this.

fixed the lurch by adjusting the clutch cable slack. looks like some sloppy setup. i also had a rescrew the starter assembly in tighter on the handlebar.

still rolls forward pretty quickly with no throttle and maybe half clutch slippage, but i'm gonna assume that's the nature of a literbike. (still don't remember the demo bike doing this, and my z didn't unless it was cold and the idle revs were at 3k instead of 2k.)

that v4 exhaust note is a thing of profound beauty.

My road king rolls forward pretty easily if I let the clutch out barely. I can always take off with 0 throttle. It wasn't that way on my sportster though so it was definitely something to get used to.

How's the suspension? I'd shoot someone if my bike came with a bunch of stickers slapped on it by the way! Video?? I wanna hear her purr!

i will make a video here. jackson is dropping by to give his seattle shat pack italian bike blessings.

even you harley duders will respect the v4 baritone. it blasts like a mofo, and as stock, no less.

poindexter: one sticker was UNDER the flyscreen. i had to fuckin' remove the top fairing and pull the flyscreen to get it off. that's some sadistic, il duce level shit.

Dougald

Hey it could be worse, the warning sticker on my wife's Chinese bike was UNDER the lacquer on the tank. Assholes.

Bike looks fantastic though!

picking the bike up:

5Q9xaeu.jpg

home in the garage. STICKER REMOVAL IS HELL. eff you, piaggio usa!

4rK4MC1.jpg

Nice looking machine... did a bit of reading about the bike yesterday and its top of the naked class. The guys here from MCN tested it on the road and track and it kicked butt.

Did you ride it home in that rainy weather?

Not a litre bike but I test rode a Honda CBR650F and was kind of shocked when it started moving on its own (really moving) when I let out the clutch. I rode in on a 250 though. :lol

How did you like the bike? That's one of the ones I'm seriously considering (alongside Yamaha Diversion and BMW F800R)

Nice looking machine... did a bit of reading about the bike yesterday and its top of the naked class. The guys here from MCN tested it on the road and track and it kicked butt.

Did you ride it home in that rainy weather?

yeah, but i live four miles from the dealer and i commute in the rain all the time. still, new tires = dial up traction control to MAX

yeah, but i live four miles from the dealer and i commute in the rain all the time. still, new tires = dial up traction control to MAX

Was just checking if you a hardcore biker and not a fair weather rider lol. We will have to get a little walkaround and starting video when you have time

Dougald

Good for Washington. Filtering through slow or stationary traffic is only dangerous when it's illegal and therefore unexpected. Or when you get that one person who tries to ram you because they're jealous.

Watevaman

I know there's been talk in Virginia for a few years but I don't think we will see anything solid anytime soon. Hope it goes well for the Washington bill.

Was just checking if you a hardcore biker and not a fair weather rider lol. We will have to get a little walkaround and starting video when you have time

I'm so hardcore that I actually love my bikes too much
to take them out in the rain

I should buy some piece of crap I don't care about, that way I don't hurt so much whenever dirt gets on it.

Did feel good though last december when I went for a ride with my buddy and we were caught in, well, a storm basically. Was nice to just not give a damn. No traction control on the M2 though.

Watevaman

Just ordered some replacement lapel mics for my Drift Ghost since my old one started breaking. Gonna go home and take the ZRX out on Saturday, so I'm hoping I'll be able to capture some good sound and maybe do a vlog.

Dougald

Looks and sounds awesome!

I am jealous of your garage, bloody thing is half the size of my HOUSE. I hate being English sometimes...

My garage is so tiny...doesn't help that it's a complete tip. Need to spend some serious cleanup time, and a small fortune on some proper cabinets & tool chest.

My first ride to work in 3 weeks (vacation) and it only decided to start snowing on the way. Still damn enjoyable.

Evo X

Bike looks and sounds delicious, Drinky.

Can't wait until the weather warms up again. My poor STR has been sitting frozen in the garage for months now.

I need my 2 wheel fix, man!

Top Bottom