• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

I'm hoping to get my old 250 (that's been in my parents garage for 13 years) into running order before my next visit in the NZ autumn so I can blat around on that.

What does surprise me here is how many people are riding in shorts and/or t shirts and no gloves. Yes it's hot but wow that's taking huge unnecessary risk.

Dougald

Looks like BMW are after that A2 license money.. I'll be surprised if Triumph aren't working on something either, they don't have anything less powerful than the Bonneville.

Dougald

I can see why they canned the 250, that market segment is crammed. Would think they would put out a 500cc-ish bike thats at the top end of the A2 segment though.

I guess being a "premium" brand they don't really need the lower end of the market. You don't see Ducati or Harley putting out small-cc bikes

Just not sure a 250cc makes sense with the current license rules in Europe At least. 300 or 500s seem to be more appropriate.

Harley is doing a 500cc now but from what I've heard they couldn't get the UK price to below the price of the Iron due to different import duties from India where the 500s are made. At least that's what one dealer told me.

08_Victory_Vision_ride.jpg

"Coming about!"

2015_aprilia_tuono_v4_rr_factory_aprc_first_look.jpg

OH GOD I NEED THIS BIKE

Holy shit, that's a pretty bike.

This was posted over in OT. Car runs a red light and slams into a guy riding his Triumph Daytona 675. Bike is totaled, dude does a flip, but is miraculously unhurt. Still pretty scary to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr6R5dQa8hY#t=25

Didn't want to post a link to the GAF thread as most people there are just shitting on riders.

Man, yeah, how do you try to account for shit like that as a rider? I do look both ways when I'm the first to leave from a light, but who knows? Good thing he's alright though.

Jackson

Buddy picked up the 675R today.

6QzEeq6.jpg

Upgraded from a Ninja 300. He's so stoked. Got a good deal too. $11k, 0 miles.

Gonna rain next 7 days though haha.

Buddy picked up the 675R today.

6QzEeq6.jpg

Upgraded from a Ninja 300. He's so stoked. Got a good deal too. $11k, 0 miles.

Gonna rain next 7 days though haha.

i LOVE the daytona 675r. easily my fave supersport. izzat the dude that rode with us previous? he was good people.

at the risk of jackson's mockery, i sold the beamer and the america lt (hey, almost 17k miles across both of them!) and bought a 2014 aprilia tuono v4r. i just couldn't handle not having one after my lengthy test ride.

HEY AT LEAST I HAVE GARAGE SPACE AGAIN. plus GOD the maintenance and tire costs. also the wife has confined me to two bikes for life.

i'll post pics on tuesday when i pick it up at 3!

MOCK AWAY BROS

edit: oh, it is that dude! and i see you ENABLING me! god bless you.

Jackson

i LOVE the daytona 675r. easily my fave supersport. izzat the dude that rode with us previous? he was good people.

at the risk of jackson's mockery, i sold the beamer and the america lt (hey, almost 17k miles across both of them!) and bought a 2014 aprilia tuono v4r. i just couldn't handle not having one after my lengthy test ride.

HEY AT LEAST I HAVE GARAGE SPACE AGAIN. plus GOD the maintenance and tire costs. also the wife has confined me to two bikes for life.

i'll post pics on tuesday when i pick it up at 3!

MOCK AWAY BROS

edit: oh, it is that dude! and i see you ENABLING me! god bless you.

Of course I'm enabling you! Aprilias are hawt. You've completed our Italian trifecta lol.

We need a group pic with these 4 sexy bikes.

Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory aPRC
Ducati Panigale 899
MV Augusta F3 800
Triumph Daytona 675R

Awww yisssss.

No disrespect to either the FS or the America, but gazing upon the glory of that Tuono, it doesn't seem like much of a loss :p

I hear that. Getting rid of one of my bikes now though would be .... difficult, emotionally.

Did you sell yours privately, or?

Dougald

No judgement from me drinky, it's a lovely lovely bike. Though you'll end up using that extra garage space again like I did (on my wifes bike)

My friend just picked his Bonneville up from the lot he was storing it at over winter to find a nice puddle of oil underneath. I told him it was emulating an authentic classic British bike.

Evo X

I love the Daytona 675R! It feels so light and nimble plus that motor is smooth as silk. $11k for one is a steal.

Congrats on the Aprilia, Drinky! That bike is scary fast.

You guys are making me want to pick up a superbike. The refreshed BMW S1000RR is probably at the top of my list right now. I already loved it before, but now it's got lighter weight, more power, and the excellent electronic suspension from the HP4. Another cool thing I've heard about is the HP Gear Shift Assist Pro which auto-blips the throttle on downshifts!

Can't wait for Springtime so I can go test ride one, but considering I still have less than a thousand miles on my Street Triple R, it's pretty unlikely that I'll purchase it.

i almost walked out with the matte black rsv4 instead, but i decided i'd prefer to keep my clutch hand intact. (thanks, seattle traffic.)

my other ride is a tiger 800xc because my life REQUIRES a triumph triple. (the street triple seemed too redundant with my beamer, so i took it back.) it's gonna be pulling commuter duties plus my n00b off-road shenanigans. signed up for dirt classes in april, plus i have a friend and coworker who is one of the best adv off-road instructors around. i want to ride the wabdr (wa state backcountry discovery route) before the end of the year....

i got the "standard" 2014 tuono v4r -- the 1000cc model, not the 1100cc. after much thinking (haha), i decided that i was still getting the electronics i cared about, and a couple extra hp/ft. lbs wouldn't make the difference given a minor increase in weight and an identical tank size. plus, y'know, $1500 saved.

also i need an upgrade path <insane shit-eating grin>

seriously, i just couldn't wait until JULY. impulse control is apparently NOT my forte. <weeps>

dougald, i dropped the old bikes off yesterday and my wife already has the contractor stacking wood in the cleared space this morning.

"where am i gonna park my new bike?" i ask

"try riding it instead of parking it" she says

"MODS HELP" i say

dougald, i dropped the old bikes off yesterday and my wife already has the contractor stacking wood in the cleared space this morning.

"where am i gonna park my new bike?" i ask

"try riding it instead of parking it" she says

"MODS HELP" i say
I like your wife's attitude.

This just looks awkward to me, though I've never had the pleasure of taking such a huge bike up some curves.
Depending on the set up it either feels like riding a sleigh or sitting on top of a rocket IMO. I rode a Harley Ultra Classic around some great twisties in Florida and it felt like I was sitting on top of a rocket. Pretty great.

I removed my windshield from my road king and it made the bike way more nimble in slow speed maneuvers and I forgot how great it feels to be completely in the wind. Pics soon. Time for a ride

Dougald

I slightly prefer it with the screen. But I suspect it's a lot more fun to ride without, so keep it off!

Still a great looking ride. Can't wait until the dealership opens up round the corner from me this spring.

make sure you try a v-rod. while the heat coming off the right side is INSANE, it's still a fun bike to drag-start from a stoplight ;-)

Jackson

make sure you try a v-rod. while the heat coming off the right side is INSANE, it's still a fun bike to drag-start from a stoplight ;-)

I Demo'd s vrod for a couple hours. Being used to sport bike and standard positions I hated it. My feet that far out with my legs that far out. It felt awkward. Making tight turns was impossible and lifting my feet forward at a stoplight was weird and unnatural. Cool looking bike. Not my thing though.

dat color. hnnng.

The color is what got me too. I couldn't say no to her!

Agreed on the v rod. Going catless on the exhaust will fix the heat issue though. Plus it will just sound better :D

I slightly prefer it with the screen. But I suspect it's a lot more fun to ride without, so keep it off!

Still a great looking ride. Can't wait until the dealership opens up round the corner from me this spring.
V rods and road kings are where it's at. The soft tails are big sleighs but they scrape way too easily. Wouldn't tour on them because of the vibration at highway speeds

i beat a gal in a v-rod who wanted to drag off the kingston ferry, but she really made me work for it. one missed shift and i woulda had to acknowledge harley supremacy... :-/

i beat a gal in a v-rod who wanted to drag off the kingston ferry, but she really made me work for it. one missed shift and i woulda had to acknowledge harley supremacy... :-/
Harley's are for low and slow rides.
theyre unreliable enough without modding the ancient engine designs

the v-rod's revolution v-twin is a modern engine design from porsche, and it hits HARD off the line, but it had nothing on the zed 1k :) plus i could take the sweeper exit like it was nothing...

Dougald

Now that's how you do an anti-social exhaust. Not like the fat pipes all the kids round here stick on their 50cc mopeds in the summer. Grating.

Top Bottom