• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Yup, furthermore, only 860 of this particular type were ever built. And this one has less than 1000 km, completely unmolested and standard everything...

Damn. This thing is mine.

Trouble is, this guy is not exactly into motorcycles (like company wise), so it all depends whether he's interested in the 1100 and will offer a reasonable price for it. To be continued I guess :p.

Dougald

Suzuki UK are doing 0% on new bikes again. They have been doing badly for years and seem to be trotting this out more and more, but good deal for anyone who wants a brand new ride.

Watevaman

Just put 220 miles on Donatello (that's what I named the rex). What a great day for it too. Only bad part is I gotta wash it again because apparently bugs like this nice weather too.

edit: Here's really the only good photo I took, weren't too many places to pull over on the bike.

ingalls_by_watevaman-d8smq1o.jpg

Also have a video that I may upload. It contains crazy amounts of me being stupid, so I'm wary.

Dougald

Walking round to the local HD launch party tomorrow. Free hog roast! I'll try to get some sweet pics, there are sure to be plenty of nice looking bikes about.

Saw a husband and wife on two all black street tripples following me yesterday. Still the ones with the round lights and bar end mirrors. It looked mean

Makki

Girlfriend arrived home and told me in the most serious of voices to "go outside now", just to find my previously immaculate 97 ZX9R on the ground leaking gas and a dent the size of a moon crater on the rear fender of my car....

Thankfully plenty of neighbors saw it happen and the person who backed into the bike admitted fault to me and the police officer that came moments later. I had my bike parked next to my car and her rear must have sent my bike off of the stand and into my car.

Left fairing scratched, colorful OEM decals all ruined on that side by the gas that leaked, scratched mirror and bent front fairing/windscreen, oh, and the bike refuses to shift out of 1st gear... the lever is bent down a bit but it's not hitting anything and I'm worried the transmission could have been damaged from being pushed in gear? The shifter clicks down but its rock hard if you try to go up.

What got me really worried since I had never been in this situation is that I have to pay my deductibles to get my stuff fixed with my insurance even if the other party is at fault from what I am reading and my car has a 500 ded. and the bike a 1000 ded. ... would I have to pay both now to get the claim started when the adjuster comes? Both are insured by Progressive

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I had the same thing happen to me at a supermarket parking lot with my ninja 250. The other party's insurance paid for the bike at an estimated value since it was beyond repair. I was also with Progressive. I forgot what my deductible was, though. It was a much cheaper bike, so I dunno.
Saw a husband and wife on two all black street tripples following me yesterday. Still the ones with the round lights and bar end mirrors. It looked mean
Those were awesome.
I saw a woman rider on scrambler the other day. So badass looking.

Christ, Makki, that fucking sucks :(

As for the deductibles, I've never had to deal with it either, but wouldn't you need to wait for their insurance to pony up the money in order to avoid paying anything like that?

Also, the number one lesson to (stay as far away from cars as possible) applies when your bike is parked as well. Can't trust people to get anything right.

Girlfriend arrived home and told me in the most serious of voices to "go outside now", just to find my previously immaculate 97 ZX9R on the ground leaking gas and a dent the size of a moon crater on the rear fender of my car....

Thankfully plenty of neighbors saw it happen and the person who backed into the bike admitted fault to me and the police officer that came moments later. I had my bike parked next to my car and her rear must have sent my bike off of the stand and into my car.

Left fairing scratched, colorful OEM decals all ruined on that side by the gas that leaked, scratched mirror and bent front fairing/windscreen, oh, and the bike refuses to shift out of 1st gear... the lever is bent down a bit but it's not hitting anything and I'm worried the transmission could have been damaged from being pushed in gear? The shifter clicks down but its rock hard if you try to go up.

What got me really worried since I had never been in this situation is that I have to pay my deductibles to get my stuff fixed with my insurance even if the other party is at fault from what I am reading and my car has a 500 ded. and the bike a 1000 ded. ... would I have to pay both now to get the claim started when the adjuster comes? Both are insured by Progressive
I dont understand. Why are you paying your deductible? I've never had anything claimed for my bike's insurance so maybe it works different, but when someone hit my car I didn't pay a thing. Their insurance did everything.

Does he not have insurance?

Dougald

Went along to the opening of the Harley dealership, lots of riders showed up for the event, about 50% Harley faithful and 50% everyone else by the looks of it.

The dealership really is in a nice location, close to the motorway, next to a petrol station and across the road from a pub. It has replaced a decrepit old Rover dealership which had been decaying since they went bankrupt what, 10 years ago. They have gone all out to make it a nice place for Harley Riders, the customer waiting area for the servicing has some nice big leather sofas and a big 50s-style jukebox. Though I'd probably wait across the road in the pub!

Some very nice bikes in there (if expensive), I did get a look at the Night Rod and 48 in person and they are damn nice looking bikes. Unfortunately I think the tank on the 48 is just far too small to be practical for me.

Yeah, I was watching a review where they said that they only got 60 miles from that tank. Which is just plain ridiculous.

That Norton is absolutely gorgeous. Every detail is perfect.

Makki

I dont understand. Why are you paying your deductible? I've never had anything claimed for my bike's insurance so maybe it works different, but when someone hit my car I didn't pay a thing. Their insurance did everything.

Does he not have insurance?

So the deal is I pay my deductible if I want to start the whole fixing process now or if I wait until the police report is out and the other party accepts liability then I don't pay anything. I'm just going to wait till next week for them to get their facts straight so I don't have to worry about deductible refunds and whatnot.

I hate that I wont get to ride for a while but at least my first motorcycle "accident" didn't even involve me.

Yeah the tank on the 48 is way too small for anything other than city cruising and bar hopping. You can upgrade to a bigger tank but it ruins the look IMO. I dont know if the Harley dealers there do it but the ones around here have a bike night once a month. Free food, discounted parts and accessories and usually a contest of some sort. Its usually pretty fun. Its the only time no one is trying to sell me on something.

The night rod is hot, hot, hot though!

So the deal is I pay my deductible if I want to start the whole fixing process now or if I wait until the police report is out and the other party accepts liability then I don't pay anything. I'm just going to wait till next week for them to get their facts straight so I don't have to worry about deductible refunds and whatnot.

I hate that I wont get to ride for a while but at least my first motorcycle "accident" didn't even involve me.
Ah OK. Yeah, no point in complicating it even further. That sucks man. But at least you weren't on it.

Makki

Christ, Makki, that fucking sucks :(

As for the deductibles, I've never had to deal with it either, but wouldn't you need to wait for their insurance to pony up the money in order to avoid paying anything like that?

Also, the number one lesson to (stay as far away from cars as possible) applies when your bike is parked as well. Can't trust people to get anything right.

Yeah, I think after this I am going to start parking the bike in front of my car facing the sidewalk even if it takes me longer to take off in the mornings.

Went along to the opening of the Harley dealership, lots of riders showed up for the event, about 50% Harley faithful and 50% everyone else by the looks of it.

The dealership really is in a nice location, close to the motorway, next to a petrol station and across the road from a pub. It has replaced a decrepit old Rover dealership which had been decaying since they went bankrupt what, 10 years ago. They have gone all out to make it a nice place for Harley Riders, the customer waiting area for the servicing has some nice big leather sofas and a big 50s-style jukebox. Though I'd probably wait across the road in the pub!

Some very nice bikes in there (if expensive), I did get a look at the Night Rod and 48 in person and they are damn nice looking bikes. Unfortunately I think the tank on the 48 is just far too small to be practical for me.

Damn that Norton is lovely!

And yes the tank on the 48 is really small. My Iron has 12.5l and the light normally comes on around 100-110 miles. But only 7.9l on the 48! Didn't realise it was THAT small.

Dougald

It really looks peanut-sized. Looks cool but no good for anything but a Sunday rider really.

Having seen both the night rod and Ducati Diavel in person, which I would consider similar looking bikes, I think I would have the Harley.

new date for the ape's lcd panel, stator, and harness is late june. SERIOUSLY thinking about having them buy it back (i'll lose $1000) and get the vfr800f deluxe...

<weeps>

just hit 8k on the tiger, though, in six months...

Dougald

Just read back on the thread now I'm not on the phone, that SV looks grand, you must be happy with it. The newer foxeye look is much nicer than the older twin-lights

Just read back on the thread now I'm not on the phone, that SV looks grand, you must be happy with it. The newer foxeye look is much nicer than the older twin-lights

Thanks, I'm loving it. Feels like a perfect upgrade from the ninja 250.

Still need to give it the girlfriend test to see if she likes the pillion seat.

Dougald

Looks like a pretty comfortable seat, as long as she's not a lot a lot taller than you

my wife is taller than me. I'm short

Just got an email from the guy who is selling the (almost new) XB12. He likes the M1100, but he got an offer for 8500 euro, no trade in, which he prefers. That's understandable.

So, I can now do one of three things. 1 - Do nothing, it wasn't meant to be. 2 - Go over there, pay cash for the bike, try to sell the 1100 myself. 3 - Hope the other guy doesn't go through with it, reopen negotiations afterwards.

i gave in. can't be NOT sport riding right now. all my riding peeps are lighting up the backroads without me!

aR6FimR.jpg

UeWmSpe.jpg

2014 vfr800f deluxe. lost a thousand on the deal, but they threw in the aftermarket exhaust, a powercommander v, and a free dyno tune.

i gave in. can't be NOT sport riding right now. all my riding peeps are lighting up the backroads without me!

aR6FimR.jpg

UeWmSpe.jpg

2014 vfr800f deluxe. lost a thousand on the deal, but they threw in the aftermarket exhaust, a powercommander v, and a free dyno tune.

Grats that is a good looking machine. So the Touno is now gone? I thought the guys is going to give you a new bike or your money back.

aR6FimR.jpg

UeWmSpe.jpg

Ooh nice! You like those V4s huh. They do sound sweet.

Looks great Drinky. That's a 2 Bros exhaust, right? I just installed their P1X powertip db killer in my exhaust, makes a big difference. I found it too loud otherwise.

Duderz

Banned
I've been seriously debating the New Tiger XRx over the Street Triple R, but being so vertically challenged (5'8'', with a too low inseam) it's proving difficult, even with the lowered seat height of the Tiger. The aftermarket seat Triumph sells lowers an additional 20mm but I don't know if even that would be enough. :\

I've been seriously debating the New Tiger XRx over the Street Triple R, but being so vertically challenged (5'8'', with a too low inseam) it's proving difficult, even with the lowered seat height of the Tiger. The aftermarket seat Triumph sells lowers an additional 20mm but I don't know if even that would be enough. :\

Have you sat on it? How much do you weigh?

I'm also 5'8" with short legs and I am confident on my SV650 (800mm seat height, XRx is 810mm).

Dougald

Have you tried it? I'm 5'7" and only a 29" inseam, but I was fine on the stock Tiger 800. Couldn't flat-foot it but I didn't have any issues backing it down my steep driveway. The bike is quite light so the height wasn't such an issue for me.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I don't remember the Tiger being so tall when I check out at the bike show. A bit higher than the Triple.

Same height as you guys.

Duderz

Banned
5'8'', my boots probably add another inch, and I weigh 165lbs.

I sat on the 2015 Tiger 800XRx (the XC is out of the question) and even with the lower seat option, I still could only put both feet barely on the ground. Maybe with all my gear on I'd be closer to 175lbs or so, but I'm still in the investigating phase. Unfortunately, the way I'm built, I have a long trunk but short legs.

5'8'', my boots probably add another inch, and I weigh 165lbs.

I sat on the 2015 Tiger 800XRx (the XC is out of the question) and even with the lower seat option, I still could only put both feet barely on the ground. Maybe with all my gear on I'd be closer to 175lbs or so, but I'm still in the investigating phase. Unfortunately, the way I'm built, I have a long trunk but short legs.

Is it your first bike? You don't need to be able to flat foot both sides TBH.

Dougald

Sounds the same as I was on the 800. As long as you can flat foot one foot by leaning it a little, and tiptoe with both if need be, you'll be fine. The 800 is quite light so stopping with one foot isn't so bad, you just have to plan your stops a bit more than you would on a smaller bike.

It's when the bike is heavy it becomes impractical. One of the reasons I had to ditch my Pan European. Something like the explorer might be too heavy, I know when I rode the 1200gs it was right on the limit of what was comfortable for me.

Top Bottom