• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

kylej

Banned
I'd be out riding but I can't get my bike from my shed to the driveway. It's really painful to see clear roads and still not ride because slick tires won't move an inch in snow.

LiveFromKyoto said:
You've either got huge balls or you're crazy. I put my bike away two weeks ago. Whatever I get out of that ride is just not worth hitting an ice patch for.

Nah, it was fine the rest of the day. When ice/snow are going away, best to avoid shaded areas! Main roads were completely fine. All efforts that day were well worth it. Of course now my bike is fucking filthy from some of the damp roads earlier in the day. Needs to be completely cleaned, chain tightened and lubed, and it's about time to replace the spark plugs, too. Ah, holidays.

I dont get how someone could put there bike away for the winter and not touch it, must got through withdrawals. I would say 40 degree weather is the limit though.

Agent Ironside said:
I dont get how someone could put there bike away for the winter and not touch it, must got through withdrawals. I would say 40 degree weather is the limit though.

Yeah. For sportbikers at least, you can bundle up, but the road temperature is going to be much cooler. Even if your tires get heated up the road is still cold, so tire "stick" is just not what it should be. Hot summer days, while a bitch sometimes, are great because heat is just pouring off the asphalt. I do the most boot scraping during summer :D

Nander

Agent Ironside said:

Well, we have -15 degrees Celsius (5 degrees F) here right now so it's not really possible to get the bike out no matter how much I want to.

kylej said:
There should be a law that when a bro buys just about any motorcycle to be like his frat buddies he will be taken into a room and forced to watch this 100 times in a row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VruWHHEnZGw

Fixed. You can kill yourself on a 125cc two stroke in no time. 600s are pretty commonly thought to be "small bikes" and lots of guys fuck up on them, too. In fact probably more do as they are more popular than 1000s. But yeah, I do agree that when some guy thinks he's tough on motorcycles and knows what he's doing because he rode dirt bikes as a kid and now a decade later thinks he can jump on a 1000 and go it's a recipe for death.

kylej

Banned
thesoapster said:
Fixed. You can kill yourself on a 125cc two stroke in no time. 600s are pretty commonly thought to be "small bikes" and lots of guys fuck up on them, too. In fact probably more do as they are more popular than 1000s. But yeah, I do agree that when some guy thinks he's tough on motorcycles and knows what he's doing because he rode dirt bikes as a kid and now a decade later thinks he can jump on a 1000 and go it's a recipe for death.

No doubt. You could easily croak by acting like an idiot on a moped. Hitting solid objects at 30mph is not too good for the body.

I defy anyone who has never ridden a bike before to shift into 2nd on a Ninja 250 and bounce it off the rev limiter. The speed will scare the shit out of you. Acceleration hits you differently on a bike and people completely underestimate how intense the biggest supersports are these days. A learners permit system similar to the UK would go a long way in the US.

...ok now I'll climb down from my soapbox and go back to looking at some new Dainese gear B)

Rhino

So for the past 2 years I've been riding my 1984 Honda Magna which is my first bike and is absolutely precious to me
Magna200.jpg

(Not actually MINE same model)

But dear God GAF I saw this beauty the other day....

Night-Rod-Special.jpg

I. MUST. HAVE. IT.

Anyone here ridden one or have any impressions?

Now back to drooling......

kylej said:
No doubt. You could easily croak by acting like an idiot on a moped. Hitting solid objects at 30mph is not too good for the body.

I defy anyone who has never ridden a bike before to shift into 2nd on a Ninja 250 and bounce it off the rev limiter. The speed will scare the shit out of you. Acceleration hits you differently on a bike and people completely underestimate how intense the biggest supersports are these days. A learners permit system similar to the UK would go a long way in the US.

Definitely agree with the sense of speed. However the Nighthawk 250 (not as strong as a Ninja 250R) gave me zero worries power wise even at full throttle in the MSF class. I was actually more worried that the thing was going to fall apart on me.

After I passed the class I hopped on my first bike, a used (nicely beat up but very well-running) 04 CBR600RR. What a difference. The slightest little bit of throttle made me whip into shape and pay attention. That lasted a couple minutes in the parking lot. I then took it for a little ride up to get the bike's inspection done. On the ride back after passing, I was riding in 3rd gear. That year of bike was particularly heavy for a 600 and it was down on power. Still, in 3rd gear, twisting the throttle about 3/4 of the way out of curiosity made me feel like I was going to get thrown off the back. I could sleep through it now, but back then I just wasn't used to that type of power/sensation. So I took it slow. Turned out OK, but I tell most people I wish I had gotten a 650 V-Twin like the SV650S.

kylej said:
...ok now I'll climb down from my soapbox and go back to looking at some new Dainese gear B)

What kind of bike are you on? Looking for the more sporty gear or their more "fashionable" biker gear? If the former, it wouldn't be a bad idea to also check out Alpinestars, Spidi, RS Taichi, etc. Personally for me I like Spidi because their cut fits me very well.

Rhino said:

Honestly I don't recommend H-D to anyone. That bike is cooler than most of what they make IMO, but you would probably be better served looking elsewhere. That bike is $16.7k. One of the few cruisers that makes me go "woah" is the 2009 Star VMAX. You will have to pay a bit more than the H-D, depending on where you get it from and whether it's marked as 09 (may be cheaper than H-D) or a 2010 (going to be more most likely). But still, that bike is fucking gorgeous and has a V4 that makes a hell of a noise. There's a guy up the street from me who has one. I always know it's him when I hear that sound. Lovely roar. Makes a shitload of power as well.

If trying to stay a bit more sane, have you looked at some of the sport standards/nakeds instead of cruisers? I like the Triumph Speed Triple quite a lot, too. If that's a bit much power-wise as well, the Suzuki Gladius is a pretty sweet-looking ride. I cannot imagine how easy it is to ride. Just sitting on one makes me feel like I could thrash it hard through a twisty road.

kylej

Banned
thesoapster said:
What kind of bike are you on? Looking for the more sporty gear or their more "fashionable" biker gear? If the former, it wouldn't be a bad idea to also check out Alpinestars, Spidi, RS Taichi, etc. Personally for me I like Spidi because their cut fits me very well.

I bought a pair of their new Clint D-Dry pants so I'm looking for an all-season jacket to go with them. I think I'm going to have the local Duc dealer order me the Trickster jacket or the Fairbanks. I can get the new Panama for a song but I think it's looks too much like a touring jacket. For the summer I'm going to pick up the Laguna Seca top. Look how pretty it is.

PB270074.jpg

PB270071.jpg

The euro cut of Dainese gear fits me like a glove.

As for bikes, I'm currently on the baby Ninja because last year was my first year of riding. A little tired of its small size, low power and complete inability to stay on the highway for extended periods without making me want to die. I'm trying to decide which 600 I want to upgrade to. Everything I've read about the I4 600s says they have a shitty powerband for street use so I'll probably pick up an SV650.

Depends on what kind of riding you want to do. 600s beg to go fast and be revved. If you want a sporty bike that's sexy and unique but will have a better mid range than most 600s, check out the Daytona 675. The new ZX-6R is also an excellent choice. I like the SV line a lot. The only thing is if you are doing sport riding you will benefit from the higher end components (suspension is better, brakes most likely stronger) on a supersport race replica, though really you can make any bike what you want.

Also might want to consider the GSX-R750. I owned one for a season (last bike of mine, would have it still if it wasn't totaled). They have a little bit stronger mid range and a hell of a lot better top end when compared to a 600.

What do you define as "street use"? I've only ridden on the street so far, but I almost exclusively ride on backroads and twisties where a sport bike can actually be used a little bit. If just commuting or doing a bit more relaxed riding there's not much point in getting a sportbike.

Also, keep in mind just about any bike you buy in that range is going to shit all over the Ninja regardless of where in the power band you are.

Rhino said:
So for the past 2 years I've been riding my 1984 Honda Magna which is my first bike and is absolutely precious to me
Magna200.jpg

(Not actually MINE same model)

Holy shit, are you rocking the Purple Rain bike? (Don't know if it's the exact same model but I know it's a VERY similar Honda from the mid-80s in the movie)

k9ap4.jpg

But dear God GAF I saw this beauty the other day....

Night-Rod-Special.jpg

I. MUST. HAVE. IT.

Opinions are really divided on Harleys, they have a rep as being loud, vibratey, not especially nimble and requiring frequent relatively expensive maintenance, but there's a lot of people who won't ride anything else. I'm not into them but I have to say if I were to ride one, the V-rod line is probably the coolest thing they have.

kylej

Banned
thesoapster said:
Depends on what kind of riding you want to do. 600s beg to go fast and be revved. If you want a sporty bike that's sexy and unique but will have a better mid range than most 600s, check out the Daytona 675. The new ZX-6R is also an excellent choice. I like the SV line a lot. The only thing is if you are doing sport riding you will benefit from the higher end components (suspension is better, brakes most likely stronger) on a supersport race replica, though really you can make any bike what you want.

Also might want to consider the GSX-R750. I owned one for a season (last bike of mine, would have it still if it wasn't totaled). They have a little bit stronger mid range and a hell of a lot better top end when compared to a 600.

What do you define as "street use"? I've only ridden on the street so far, but I almost exclusively ride on backroads and twisties where a sport bike can actually be used a little bit. If just commuting or doing a bit more relaxed riding there's not much point in getting a sportbike.

Well the thing with I4s is that the real fun starts at high revs, but 10k+ in anything past first gear is entering extremely illegal territory. With the low end torque of a V-Twin, just ripping it out of a corner or away from a stop sign seems like it would be an easier way to put a smile on your face. I use my bike to commute and to bomb the backroads so I don't know if I need something as rigid or exhausting as a supersport. Plus I have to buy a new bike on a student budget and the SV is cheap as hell used.

kylej said:
Well the thing with I4s is that the real fun starts at high revs, but 10k+ in anything past first gear is entering extremely illegal territory. With the low end torque of a V-Twin, just ripping it out of a corner or away from a stop sign seems like it would be an easier way to put a smile on your face. I use my bike to commute and to bomb the backroads so I don't know if I need something as rigid or exhausting as a supersport. Plus I have to buy a new bike on a student budget and the SV is cheap as hell used.

Well, if you look around you can find pretty much any Japanese sportbike used for a good price. Were you looking at the standard SV or the SV650S? Bit of a difference, as the S version has some fairings and clip ons so the rider is in a more sport-like seating position. One of the first real, fun rides I went on with my CBR600RR was with a former teacher of mine who had an SV650S. Keep in mind most 600s at the time (and obviously anything newer) were considerably faster than the CBR600RR. We got out onto this straight, wide open area of rode and he opened the throttle (and so did I). I stayed with him from the low, slow revs up to the high, and had I not held back I would've shot past him (he was leading the ride).

If you decide you might want to give 600s a look, stay away from the 06 and up R6 if you're looking for something comfortable. That bike is really tall, rigid, etc. It's a track bike. WickedAngel has one, I think. Probably the most plush/comfy of the Big Four's sportbikes are Suzuki GSX-Rs. I loved mine, personally.

You really couldn't go wrong either way.

Ghostmate

Neo Member
thesoapster said:
Probably the most plush/comfy of the Big Four's sportbikes are Suzuki GSX-Rs. I loved mine, personally.

You really couldn't go wrong either way.

Agreed. I used to hear a lot of good things about the comfort levels on the CBRs until I picked up my 01 F4I. Maybe its the sport/touring nature of it, but I find the forward seating on my track gixxer to be much more comfortable - I really can't explain it.

Ghostmate said:
Agreed. I used to hear a lot of good things about the comfort levels on the CBRs until I picked up my 01 F4I. Maybe its the sport/touring nature of it, but I find the forward seating on my track gixxer to be much more comfortable - I really can't explain it.

If you use it at the track it would be a hell of a lot more comfortable at triple digit speeds to be in a tuck-able stance than sitting upright :p

I find upright seating to be more comfortable until about 60 mph, then wind becomes annoying (and windshields aren't really a consideration as I'm not on a sport tourer or cruiser). Considering the average speed of my riding and the nature of it, I much prefer the RR-type stance. The R1 isn't punishing around town, either.

You guys have any suggestions for music while riding ...not actual music suggestions, but listening apparatus?

I'm thinking about just popping in some earbuds, but I'm worried about cutting out traffic noise. (Although, I already wear earplugs when I'm going for longer rides...)

SnakeswithLasers said:
You guys have any suggestions for music while riding ...not actual music suggestions, but listening apparatus?

I'm thinking about just popping in some earbuds, but I'm worried about cutting out traffic noise. (Although, I already wear earplugs when I'm going for longer rides...)

TBH I think earbuds may your best bet. There may not be adequate room on your bike. The only places I can think of would be mounting them directly on the bars, or maybe back in the area around the tach. Though, I must say I personally find loud (it's going to have to be loud to hear it through your helmet and all that) music pouring off a bike way worse than even something like straight pipes. Just my 2¢.

kylej

Banned
I think I'm going to sit on a few GSXRs tomorrow. Never heard about their comfort before.

SnakeswithLasers said:

Yuin RE2 earbuds.

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=23

I know, it looks like a cheap ass Chinese product. The audio nerds at Head-Fi almost universally agree that this is the best value in headphones. I have Senn 595s for home use and have no complaints going from them to the RE2. I beat the shit out of mine last semester including dropping them in a glass of water and they still work flawlessly. They fit inside a helmet quite easily and have an adequate but not ridiculous level of noise isolation.

Oh, I'll check out those Yuin's. Thanks! I wasn't looking for speakers or anything, I'm more just interested in what you guys think of earbuds from a safety standpoint--the only alternative I was considering were the speakers/headphones that get mounted inside your helmet--definitely not audible to anyone else.

kylej said:
I think I'm going to sit on a few GSXRs tomorrow. Never heard about their comfort before.

Most comfortable sportbike around IMO (speaking for 2006 and above), though I wanted a R6 until I sat on it : /

Agent Ironside said:
Most comfortable sportbike around IMO (speaking for 2006 and above), though I wanted a R6 until I sat on it : /

I started having doubts when I saw its seat height, and then after actually sitting on one I realized it just was not for me. It's a cool bike and I'm sure it can carve up corners nicely and likes to always be flogged, but I prefer power that pulls from bottom to top rather than putting pretty much all the power near the top of the rev range.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Oh, I'll check out those Yuin's. Thanks! I wasn't looking for speakers or anything, I'm more just interested in what you guys think of earbuds from a safety standpoint--the only alternative I was considering were the speakers/headphones that get mounted inside your helmet--definitely not audible to anyone else.

I know a number of people who ride with earbuds. It's like listening to music in a car. It's another potential distraction. Personally I'll never do it.

thesoapster said:
I know a number of people who ride with earbuds. It's like listening to music in a car. It's another potential distraction. Personally I'll never do it.

Ya, that's what I'm worried about. I've just been doing more freeway riding lately and when I get home I think, "Man, that would have been fun with music!" ... but while I'm riding, I really don't think about it, so maybe it's not necessary.

This thread depresses me :(

I got my bike licence at the end of October (been driving a car for 3 years) but I just can't get the money together to get a bike. Some of the places in Flo_Evans earlier pictures look amazing, I'd love to go ride places like that. Unfortunately there's nowhere like that in Northern Ireland, a bunch of country roads but nothing exciting.

daw840

Kylehimself said:
This thread depresses me :(

I got my bike licence at the end of October (been driving a car for 3 years) but I just can't get the money together to get a bike. Some of the places in Flo_Evans earlier pictures look amazing, I'd love to go ride places like that. Unfortunately there's nowhere like that in Northern Ireland, a bunch of country roads but nothing exciting.

Country roads are some of the best riding out there man.

FWIW, I live in KANSAS, the flattest state in the entire country and I can find good roads to ride on.

daw840 said:
Country roads are some of the best riding out there man.

FWIW, I live in KANSAS, the flattest state in the entire country and I can find good roads to ride on.

Maybe so, but when I see pictures of like dirt roads, tree's, lakes and stuff that you can ride round it looks great. The country roads don't inspire me so much. We have some great places but you wouldn't be aloud near them with a motorcycle.

*Edit: The weather sucks her too. Pretty much rain all year round.

daw840

Kylehimself said:
Maybe so, but when I see pictures of like dirt roads, tree's, lakes and stuff that you can ride round it looks great. The country roads don't inspire me so much. We have some great places but you wouldn't be aloud near them with a motorcycle.

*Edit: The weather sucks her too. Pretty much rain all year round.

Yeah, rain is a problem. It's like 6 degrees here (Fahrenheit) and no sign of warming up for a long, long time. :(

I'm going stir-crazy, looking at bikes online all day. Now is the best time to buy, but the best time to sell is April so I'd have to swallow the cost for a few months if I get something.

These are the bikes I've been looking at, any opinions?

14myux2.jpg

BMW G650GS. I never really thought about dual sports before, but I've been thinking hard about a cross-China tour in a year or so and watching some footage of R1200s flying across the Gobi looks like the most fun shit ever. Like, I need to do that. The G650 is the entry level beemer, it's the most affordable place to start. The F650 actually has a detuned 800cc engine for only a grand more, but doesn't quite look as cool. Either way, I love the idea of enduro traction on the road.

30u8py8.jpg

An 02 Concours - found one of these in great shape for 5k. Nearly 50,000 clicks on it, but it's still about as pimpin' as commuters get. I've heard these things run super hot though. Supposedly they didn't fix that until this year. Still, this is in the top 2 or 3 that I'd be most likely to get.

wbpbir.jpg

2002 GSX 750. I saw one of these things in immaculate condition for under 4 grand with only 5000 miles on it, that's a tough deal to pass up. I didn't realize they were billed as sport tourers; I tend to write off touring bikes with a forward rider triangle like that as uncomfortable over long hauls, but it's hard to turn away from this one.

155syhf.jpg

Kawasaki Versys. These things can do anything - the name stands for Versatile System and they're a cross between a streetfighter, a standard (optional hardbags even) and a dual sport. I haven't ridden one, but all the video makes them look like one of the most nimble 600+cc bikes I've ever seen. They look fun as all get out.

2i24jmo.jpg

This is something I wouldn't be able to get for a year or so, but it might be worth holding off. Kawasaki ZRX1200 DAEG, these things are glorious. They're a Japan-only 1200 that remind me of an updated KZ (for all I know that's what they are). I love the retro 80s styling.

Of course, this might just end up as daydreaming and I might just hold on to the Ninja. Anybody ever seen a saddlebag bracket for a Ninja? Not sure if they exist.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I'm actually thinking about getting a bike.

I used to ride a Fizzer 600 in college, and then a YZF.

But lately, I'm thinking a Triumph. Speed Triple, or maybe a Thruxton to just tool around the city in.

ChiTownBuffalo said:
I'm actually thinking about getting a bike.

I used to ride a Fizzer 600 in college, and then a YZF.

But lately, I'm thinking a Triumph. Speed Triple, or maybe a Thruxton to just tool around the city in.

You want to join the Triumph cult? Lol, I'm jealous, the clothes are really nice. The Thruxton doesn't do much for me, but the Triple is hot. I work with a guy who rides a Scrambler, it's not bad either, but out of those three I'd go for the Triple.

ChanHuk

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
You want to join the Triumph cult? Lol, I'm jealous, the clothes are really nice. The Thruxton doesn't do much for me, but the Triple is hot. I work with a guy who rides a Scrambler, it's not bad either, but out of those three I'd go for the Triple.

Once you ride a triple it's pointless to try anything else :D I need to take my D675 in for its 6k service and for them to loosen my CCT as its rattling.

I'm actually looking into getting a Bonneville, love the classic retro look, and plus I think I'll be sticking with Triumph for any further motorcycle purchase. I'm thinking my stable is going to consist of a Bonneville, Daytona 675, and Tiger. Bonneville for around the town cruising, D675 for a track event, and the Tiger for touring.

ChanHuk

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Honda CBR's seem to be the most comfortable to me. But then again, I'm short. :/

CBR600RR is probably the most comfortable SS, but none of them are comfortable to begin with as they're meant to be on the track and not on the street. Helibars are probably your best bet for comfort for any SS. Otherwise I would look into the SV650S(F) (My previous bike) or YZ6(R). They're geared more towards being a street bike than a race bike.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I'm just trying to get away from crotch rockets.

but I do admit, the CBR is like the gold standard for bike.

I never like the street fighter scene much.

if I don't get a Triumph, I'd get a Moto Guzzi.

But, I just really like the Triumphs, alot.

ChanHuk said:
Once you ride a triple it's pointless to try anything else :D I need to take my D675 in for its 6k service and for them to loosen my CCT as its rattling.

I'm actually looking into getting a Bonneville, love the classic retro look, and plus I think I'll be sticking with Triumph for any further motorcycle purchase. I'm thinking my stable is going to consist of a Bonneville, Daytona 675, and Tiger. Bonneville for around the town cruising, D675 for a track event, and the Tiger for touring.

The new Bonnevilles with all the gear look amazing, especially in blue. I'm coming around a bit on the Scrambler though, I don't really like the seat but it does what I want a bike to do and looks great in black. And Triumphs seem to hold their value like few other brands.

ChiTownBuffalo said:
I'm just trying to get away from crotch rockets.

but I do admit, the CBR is like the gold standard for bike.

I never like the street fighter scene much.

if I don't get a Triumph, I'd get a Moto Guzzi.

But, I just really like the Triumphs, alot.

Well, if you're not into streetfighters then the Triple might not be for you, because it's practically the definitive streetfighter.

ChiTownBuffalo

Well, I mean, when people cut up other street bikes to make a street fighter I should say.

Like the garish looking cut up 'Busa I saw over the summer with a drag swing arm and lights on the rim and lower faring.

Still out trolling for a Harley Road King Classic for the Spring. At least an '08+ so it has the newer suspension and frame that reduced the rumble to human being levels. My starter Honda Magna cruiser has been a joy but its time to step it up.

But every time I look, I'm reminded that I haven't been able to ride since November because of the Chicago weather. =(

daw840

krypt0nian said:
Still out trolling for a Harley Road King Classic for the Spring. At least an '08+ so it has the newer suspension and frame that reduced the rumble to human being levels. My starter Honda Magna cruiser has been a joy but its time to step it up.

But every time I look, I'm reminded that I haven't been able to ride since November because of the Chicago weather. =(

Man, I used to want a Harley so bad it hurt, but then my buddy started keeping his 95 Dyna Wide Glide in my garage and I could ride it whenever I wanted. I must say, my want for a Harley has diminished significantly since then. I am really glad I didn't just go out and buy one, I would have ended up disappointed. Maybe the newer ones are substantially better, but from what I have heard they are only marginally superior. Unless you are dead set on a Road King, go look at Victory. They make some fucking awesome bikes. My buddies dad just got a Victory Vegas Low and it's quite possibly the best bike I have ever ridden, feels like I could go cross country on that thing.

Bad_Boy said:
Honda CBR's seem to be the most comfortable to me. But then again, I'm short. :/

If you have not, try out the Suzuki GSX-R. They're the shortest among the supersports, and IMO the most comfortable.

thesoapster said:
Too bad the bike won't look like that :-/

That and the engine is heavy, so it being a "sportbike" is kind of out of the question.

The silhouette is actually really similar to the S1000RR, but the nose of that bike is goofy looking:

nwigz4.png

I hope they replace it with something similar to the nose on the concept, those lights are cool as hell, though I don't know how well they'd function as hi-beams:

2n0nh50.png

x390mt.png

But the point of this announcement is really the engine, not that bike model. I don't know how it'll fare as a track bike, but I do know that on the road the old 6s haul like crazy. It'll probably fare best in their sports touring bikes.

LiveFromKyoto said:
The silhouette is actually really similar to the S1000RR, but the nose of that bike is goofy looking

I hope they replace it with something similar to the nose on the concept, those lights are cool as hell, though I don't know how well they'd function as hi-beams

The S1000RR is not as goofy seeming once you've seen it in person IMO. Though I don't think I'd buy a BMW, especially after the reports of one of the guys I ride with. He's owned two BMWs, still has one of them. So many different part failures on the bike("from the front brake caliper to the shaft"), and he's said he's had to fight BMW hard to actually get them to honor warranty/service plans etc. Besides, right now I'm loving my R1 (especially after the suspension upgrades). Look for some onboard video with my GoPro Hero HD...

kylej said:
Check these shots out, my friends

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536451

Guy holds his ($3500) camera with his left hand and takes blind shots while keeping his eyes on the road. Amazing.

Saw that posted the other day. Amazing shots.

thesoapster said:
The S1000RR is not as goofy seeming once you've seen it in person IMO. Though I don't think I'd buy a BMW, especially after the reports of one of the guys I ride with. He's owned two BMWs, still has one of them. So many different part failures on the bike("from the front brake caliper to the shaft"), and he's said he's had to fight BMW hard to actually get them to honor warranty/service plans etc. Besides, right now I'm loving my R1 (especially after the suspension upgrades). Look for some onboard video with my GoPro Hero HD...

Really? I'd always heard BMWs were rock solid. They must be slipping. Do you know what model he had?

Top Bottom