• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Max, are you heading to the BMW Maidenhead showroom re-launch/hog roast on Saturday?

Might head down with the wife if the weather is acceptable, look for the bright yellow R1150R

I might pop in as they are doing great deals on clothing and boots. I am hoping for a deal on a Keis heated vest.

I will look out for you

Dougald

There's definitely a market for large capacity/maxi scooters in southern Europe (very rarely see anything over 125cc up here though), but I'm not sure who is going to buy a faux-offroad scooter with spoked wheels and what looks like no luggage space

Was a nice 2 degrees this morning on the bike. Heated vest might be a xmas gift from me to me

Option 1
Gerbing 12V Heated Vest

Option 2
Keis X10

Dougald

I have a Keis X10, toasty. It also hooks into Keis grips/boot soles, not sure if the other one you mentioned has something similar

The only reason I am liking the Gerbing 12V Heated Vest more is that its got the collar and it looks a bit more like a normal gillet jacket. But I will need to go and try them on. Dont need boots and glove intergation.

Just need the jacket to run off battery power

Dougald

If you want it to run off battery and only want the jacket, get the Gerbing. The Keis is frankly a bit crap if you don't hook it up to the bike

Just took the Bimmer out for a quick errand (it's cold, screw not having a screen or heated grips). A bike that heavy has no right to corner that easily or brake that quickly.

If you want it to run off battery and only want the jacket, get the Gerbing. The Keis is frankly a bit crap if you don't hook it up to the bike

Just took the Bimmer out for a quick errand (it's cold, screw not having a screen or heated grips). A bike that heavy has no right to corner that easily or brake that quickly.

haha, that is the joy of the beast. Its big but as soon as you get going all the weight disapears

Rizific

quick question about the MSF for those of you in the US. the dmv motorcycle handbook says the certificate provided at the end of the course that is used to get your license is only valid for 12mos. so does that mean the license is only valid for that one year? if so, how do you renew?

quick question about the MSF for those of you in the US. the dmv motorcycle handbook says the certificate provided at the end of the course that is used to get your license is only valid for 12mos. so does that mean the license is only valid for that one year? if so, how do you renew?

I believe it just means your certificate entitling you to an automatic amendment is only valid for 12 months. E.g. they don't want you taking the MSF and then six years later getting your amendment, with no riding in between.

Rizific

I believe it just means your certificate entitling you to an automatic amendment is only valid for 12 months. E.g. they don't want you taking the MSF and then six years later getting your amendment, with no riding in between.
Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

no go for me tomorrow, we had to move the little ones Santa visit to tomorrow. Hope there are some nice deals out

Haha, maybe that guy later went on to work for Ducati.

---

Man, haven't ridden for more than a week now I think. Miss it so much already.

haha, mine is on the side but you also have to lift the tank. They are making the new bikes more like contained units. You get on it and it will work and you dont have to worry about anything till the next service. That is why the tool kit is useless. They should give you a credit card holder and a waterproof satphone then you would be covered where ever you go lol

Dougald

I only wanted to install an Optimate lead! Turned a 5 minute job into an hour, but at least I know how to take off the seat, oil coolers and tank now (Mr Haynes said to remove the rear fairing but what does he know)

At least pretty much everything else looks to be easily accessible. No swearing trying to remove the spark plugs like on the Honda, good old boxer twin.

I only wanted to install an Optimate lead! Turned a 5 minute job into an hour, but at least I know how to take off the seat, oil coolers and tank now (Mr Haynes said to remove the rear fairing but what does he know)

At least pretty much everything else looks to be easily accessible. No swearing trying to remove the spark plugs like on the Honda, good old boxer twin.

You should be able to charge it via the bikes power socket if its got one. You get a cable that plugs in and you then dont have to connect the cables to the battery.

Dougald

Unfortunately the R1150R doesn't have CANbus

..fortunately, you can get an SAE to almost anything converter, so I'll only be going under there again if the battery fails.

Cool cool,

hope she gets some riding time on it as the weather is really warm these days. It was 12 this morning and now its 14. Damn that is summer weather hehe

Yeah, went for a ride yesterday (evening!) and I could ride with my helmet open, no problem. It was delicious, well, except for the world ending implications of such weather in December, but eh, might as well enjoy it...

The Ulysses is so much fun. Can't believe how nimble it is.

A nice looking machine.

oGum2aw.jpg

Gritesh

Thinking about selling my Ducati Monster 1100 evo and pickinp up a new Hypermotard 939SP

Thoughts?

Was looking at the Hyperstrada, but everyone says the Hypermotard 939 SP is a better choice and add the touring bits later.

Would be an urban commuter, with hopes of light trips into the rockies here and there, the monster works fine for this but I like the sit up straight aspect of the hyper better for touring.

Dougald

Personally I like the Hyperstrada more, but I agree they are pretty much the same bike with some touring bits added onto the strada. I think its probably a better choice than something like a Multistrada if you're going to be doing most of your riding in town and maybe filtering - it's an urban commuter/hooligan bike really.

Honestly it probably comes down to whether you want all the extra features of the strada - luggage, windscreen, etc

Thinking about selling my Ducati Monster 1100 evo and pickinp up a new Hypermotard 939SP

Thoughts?

Was looking at the Hyperstrada, but everyone says the Hypermotard 939 SP is a better choice and add the touring bits later.

Would be an urban commuter, with hopes of light trips into the rockies here and there, the monster works fine for this but I like the sit up straight aspect of the hyper better for touring.

Might be an option to look at some of the KTM's if that is an option. They do really nice mean looking naked machines

Nice super duke to get the blood flowing?

XkYAzRv.jpg

Gritesh

Yeah I like the super dukes alot however I'm not sure if they would be all that much more different than the monster, what drew me to the hypermotard is the style that accommodates it, reminds me alot of my dirt bike which would suit nicely for a filtering hooliganism commuter day to day, strap the side cases onto it and head to the mountains for the weekend too.

The bike show is January 16 here so I'll be going to take a solid look around and then maybe book some test rides when the roads permit (snow right now) then make a decision.

Was just curios what the riders here think...my buddies are all Supersport riders and I used to be too but my age is catching up to me I want something I can blast the corners with but when I'm on the highway heading somewhere my shoulders back and knees aren't screaming at me.

Dougald

Was just curios what the riders here think...my buddies are all Supersport riders and I used to be too but my age is catching up to me I want something I can blast the corners with but when I'm on the highway heading somewhere my shoulders back and knees aren't screaming at me.

That's actually why I'm leaning towards a Multistrada next, ha... a supersport I can ride 1000 miles to spain, spend 3 days riding around track, then ride home again

Damaged

Absolutely fucking gutted, my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 got stolen from outside my work yesterday :(

Had just had a shit load of work done on it as well, full service new tyres the lot, and now its going to be trashed by some little arseholes who wont even be able to get it started, just waiting for the call from the police to say its been found burnt out :(

Absolutely fucking gutted, my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 got stolen from outside my work yesterday :(

Had just had a shit load of work done on it as well, full service new tyres the lot, and now its going to be trashed by some little arseholes who wont even be able to get it started, just waiting for the call from the police to say its been found burnt out :(

Oh no, man, that's terrible :(

My sympathies.

Yeah, full service and tires must've been close to a grand already. Major bummer :(. Apart from the anger and frustration these things cause. Fuckheads.

Sorry to hear that, Damaged. From reading reddit/r/motorcycles I'm pretty shocked at the rates of motorcycle theft, especially in England. Living out in the sticks in Maine means it's not something I think much about.

Dougald

That sucks. From hearsay about the average bike theft round here for anything that's not a 125, it was probably just chucked in the back of a van. Hope insurance coughs up a reasonable amount for you

Makki

Probably some dickhead who thought it was a fancy 400SM. I hope they find it unscathed dude, an idiot who steals an Aprilia is probably dumb enough to try to sell in on craigslist (or similar). Keep a look out for it...

You must have receipts, do point the stuff out to your insurance, I know mine would have paid me back the new tires. Does your work not have security cameras?

Damaged

Probably some dickhead who thought it was a fancy 400SM. I hope they find it unscathed dude, an idiot who steals an Aprilia is probably dumb enough to try to sell in on craigslist (or similar). Keep a look out for it...

You must have receipts, do point the stuff out to your insurance, I know mine would have paid me back the new tires. Does your work not have security cameras?

Its a gang of local kids, well known but the police do nothing sadly. I work for the dealership so luckily I didn't pay full price and I can get proof of purchase easily.

Its one of the factory editions they only made for a year or so which means even If I get a decent payout from the insurance I'll probably never find one in my budget :(

No cameras sadly, love my job but the boss is way too cheap to put in much security stuff.

Its a gang of local kids, well known but the police do nothing sadly. I work for the dealership so luckily I didn't pay full price and I can get proof of purchase easily.

Its one of the factory editions they only made for a year or so which means even If I get a decent payout from the insurance I'll probably never find one in my budget :(

No cameras sadly, love my job but the boss is way too cheap to put in much security stuff.

Damn man its not nice. I had my TZR250 stolen on a test drive. I met the guy in a town where I knew there where cameras. But he got on the bike without a helmet as I said to him he can just ride around the parking lot. And there he went off with my bike. I was standing there feeling like a plank. Not nice indeed. Hope you get it sorted out and a good payout

Top Bottom