• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiztfc

Is the Fallout 3 game of the year a good deal? Never played Fallout, but I must confess that I do want to know. Still 33% off is kinda low.

luiztfc said:
Is the Fallout 3 game of the year a good deal? Never played Fallout, but I must confess that I do want to know. Still 33% off is kinda low.

I got it for 9 pounds on Zavvi.. that price is still way too expensive.

ultron87

Vik_Vaughn said:
I've played Sands of Time and the Cel-Shaded 'reboot' game. What's the best game out of
-Warrior Within
-2 Thrones
-Forgotten Sands

I think Two Thrones is really great. It retroactively makes a lot of the Angry Hardcore Prince stuff in Warrior Within okay. Just read the WW story on Wikipedia and you'll be set up perfectly for TT.

Sands of Time is still by far the best one though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Gaffer impressions on the latest 2 Oddworld games? =/

Shambles

Got SMB x2, Winterbottom x2 so far. Still thinking about BC2 and Dues Ex.

Bungieware said:
Until Civ 5 drops in price, is it worth rebuying Civ 4 with all the expansions for £3.74?

Civ 4 > Civ 5

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, I should have saved up for this thing though. The 2K pack is an insane deal, just $20 more than I've paid for ONE of those games.

Goddamn.

Shaneus

Is no-one posting the US prices for the daily deals (or packs for that matter) so us Australians know how much we're getting bent over? :lol

clav

Gah I was about to buy super meat boy, and then the transaction server went offline.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Note: Did it via paypal and failed.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Well even though I HATE (not used to) using a KB/Mouse for shooters I've gone ahead double dipped on my GOTY, BFBC 2 on PC.

For $6.79 I can't pass that up. Hopefully this game will help me get used to using a KB/Mouse for PC, I usually use my 360 controller.

Syril

About the Oddboxx, is Munch's Oddysee any good? I tried Abe's Oddysee another time and I didn't care for it, so I'm really only interested in Stranger's Wrath otherwise.

Aaaah my entire wishlist is on sale (pretty much)... if I bought everything on my wishlist that's on sale, I'd be spending $102.54, and there's no way I'm spending that much. I just bought Flight Control HD yesterday, too, for the treasure hunt, so I don't really want to be buying more stuff. It's just so tempting though... The item highest on my wishlist that's on sale is Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and the item whose sale has made it the cheapest is Toki Tori, which now costs $1.25.
Edit: just added Puzzle Dimension to my wishlist. It is now the item on my wishlist that's the greatest percentage off at 88% off.

First day of Steam Holiday sales are like Black Friday.

(unknown error).-118 is the equivalent of getting trampled in a mad rush when the doors open.

Never played Crysis and now have a rig that can run it... $29.99 sounds good for Crysis + Crysis Warhead, but I don't know... I could hold out for cheaper, or I could play them TONIGHT...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Pro Tip: If a game is onsale but it is NOT a daily deal and you aren't gonna play it right away I'd wait. Last year a shit ton of stuff on sale hit the daily deals with an even bigger sale.

I can't tell you how many people were like dang I just bought this game for half off at $10 yesterday and now it's $5 on a daily deal.

ultron87

Xamdou said:
My current hard-drive is full, how do I change my future steam installs to another hard-drive?

Just go to preferences or whatever and change the Install directory.

And you can always just delete some stuff since it's Steam and you can download and install stuff as many times as you like.

BigAT

sn00zer said:
Should I wait for an Batman AA deal or just go with the current $15 its at now?
I'd wait, it was even cheaper than that just during the Thanksgiving sale. I would be shocked if there isn't a daily deal for it at some point.

ultron87

BarrenMind said:
Never played Crysis and now have a rig that can run it... $29.99 sounds good for Crysis + Crysis Warhead, but I don't know... I could hold out for cheaper, or I could play them TONIGHT...

I think those two games were like 12 dollars last year as a Daily Deal. I'd wait.

Nabs

BarrenMind said:
i paid $13 for the crysis complete pack during last years sale.

Instro

So far Ive bought Meat Boy and Shattered Union, I own a significant number of the other indi and super cheap games so not much temptation there. Waiting to see the fixed price for the Prince of Persia pack, might bite on that for a good price or just on Sands of Time alone.

firehawk12 said:
Ooof, want to buy FEAR (again) but I figure a pack with F3AR will come next year. :lol
That gives me more incentive to buy the pack this year because I'm not paying for anything that uses numbers as letters.

Xamdou

ultron87 said:
Just go to preferences or whatever and change the Install directory.

And you can always just delete some stuff since it's Steam and you can download and install stuff as many times as you like.

There is no preferences area under Steam settings :(

BarrenMind said:

Don't come crying to us when they're $6 for both or something on Thursday. :lol

DSN2K

decided I'm not going to get Deux Ex Pack after remembering how piss poor the 2nd game is...

and I doubt I'll ever play the first again.

going to get HITMAN: Blood Money for £2.99 instead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom