• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Stranger's Wrath!??!?! ON PC??? WHAT??!?!

Bought.

Super Meat Boy for $3.75? Why, don't mind if I do!

Thanks Gaben!

Thermite

I've bought Super Meat Boy, the Valve Pack (mainly for Half-Life, its two expansions, Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat Source), Bad Company 2, Torchlight and the Lucas Arts Jedi Knight Bundle and it's only the first freaking day! :lol <3 Steam

Instro said:
Fallout 3 is only 33% off? Garbage deal.
Ungrateful gamer posting here. That is a really good deal.
tahrikmili said:
I got it for 9 pounds on Zavvi.. that price is still way too expensive.
Gee so you paid a few quid less for one of the biggest games of the generation. This game doesn't go on sale often, maybe two or three times since it came out. Buy now or you will regret it.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
A meager $.49 or not, I'm requesting a refund for Shattered Union.

Such a buzzkill at the beginning of an exciting day.

checked out and it then told me my credit card was declined, which it definately shouldnt be. then when i tried it again it said i already own the games. poor steam probably can't keep up with all those people wanting to give it their money

aasoncott

dose said:
Thanks guys, sold ;)

Man, if The Longest Journey + Dreamfall ends up a Daily Deal, I will double-dip so hard.

Did this package exist before the sale? I don't recall having seen it before.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
balladofwindfishes said:

Let's say you see Super Skull Crusher 2 for $9.99 and you're like "sweet deal" and you buy it... and then tomorrow it's the daily deal for $4.99. That's why. This is going to happen for about 100 games during this sale.

itxaka

Defeatist
BF:BC2, Deus ex collection (wanted the second one, but it's cheaper to buy the pack) and Titan quest gold.

18€

I even feel bad for paying so little.

Here is hoping for an AC 1&2 pack for 20€ one of this days :D

I see Lara Croft The Guardian Light is on sale but doesn't appear as a Today's Sale. Does that mean that it could go even cheaper?

Karram

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition - 10.19 USD
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW) -9.99 USD
Braid - 4.99 USD
Trine - 4.99 USD
OddBoxx - 12.49 USD

Total
42.65 USD

DJ_Lae

APZonerunner said:
Is there a way to buy a game as a gift and hold it back to a specific date? I want to Gift Meat Boy to a friend, but on Christmas Day.

You could gift it to an e-mail address of your own, then just forward that e-mail to them on Christmas.

yeb

2mgrx9j.png

:D

The Tomb Raider Guardian of Light is 50% off as part of the Square Enix Eidos Pack (but you can buy it separately).

Is that technically not a daily deal? Do I wait ?

bytesized said:
I see Lara Croft The Guardian Light is on sale but doesn't appear as a Today's Sale. Does that mean that it could go even cheaper?

Same question.

Stumpokapow said:
Let's say you see Super Skull Crusher 2 for $9.99 and you're like "sweet deal" and you buy it... and then tomorrow it's the daily deal for $4.99. That's why. This is going to happen for about 100 games during this sale.
Fuck it. $10 for the F.E.A.R. complete pack is good enough for me. I'm part of the problem. ;_; Curse you, Steam!

Why is Civ IV: Warlords 2120mb when Civ IV is only 1533mb? I'm running low on space. I didn't expect the expansion to be more than the game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Picked up Bad Company 2, had it from the EA Store, but I'm sick of having to download it whenever I reinstall Windows.

TheLegendary said:
The Tomb Raider Guardian of Light is 50% off as part of the Square Enix Eidos Pack (but you can buy it separately).

Is that technically not a daily deal? Do I wait ?
kamorra said:
umm... so should I buy Civilization IV: The Complete Edition for 6,24€ or wait?

Wait. The Daily deals are only whats on the first page of the sale catalog.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Karram said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition - 10.19 USD
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW) -9.99 USD
Braid - 4.99 USD
Trine - 4.99 USD
OddBoxx - 12.49 USD

Total
42.65 USD
Why did you buy Braid on Steam when you could have bought it on the Humble Bundle for whatever amount of money for charity along with other 4 games, AND register it on Steam?

Someone mentioned that the hearts of iron games are great if you want to learn about the history of Europe(in the context of war) and they're on deal right now.

Should I bite?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh prince of persia forgotten sands uses UBIs DRM. No sale.

Guess it's just oddbox and super meat boy for me today then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom