• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

drizzle said:
Why did you buy Braid on Steam when you could have bought it on the Humble Bundle for whatever amount of money for charity along with other 4 games, AND register it on Steam?
Can you register the humble bundle #2 on steam yet??

Firebrand

Bungieware said:
Why is Civ IV: Warlords 2120mb when Civ IV is only 1533mb? I'm running low on space. I didn't expect the expansion to be more than the game.

The expansions include the base game. If you want to play BtS, you only install that one.

eznark

Banned
SolarPowered said:
Some mentioned that the hearts of iron games are great if you want to learn about the history of Europe(in the context of war) and they're on deal right now.

Should I bite?
They'll probably be part of a paradox bundle or a daily deal. Wait.

nexen said:
FEAR is a daily deal. You are safe.
Eel O'Brian said:
It's a daily deal, it'll be gone tomorrow.
Oh, okay. Thanks. :)
1zxtdmg.jpg

Shambles

Bungieware said:
Why is Civ IV: Warlords 2120mb when Civ IV is only 1533mb? I'm running low on space. I didn't expect the expansion to be more than the game.

My warlords folder is only about 500mb. I'm assuming you just need to install warlords if you want warlords. BTS is the most recent version though, install BTS.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Is the store randomly not responding for anyone else? I assume the huge demand on Steam's servers are to blame, but I just want to make sure

Leonsito

To clarify, everything will mantain this price or improve it during this next two weeks, games featured on the today deals are a safe buy, every other game is suspect to improve its price during the sale.

tahrikmili said:
Seriously? Can you give a link to this news?.. If so I'll buy and wait to play..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24976146&postcount=84

GoldenHelmet said:
Now there's an idea we HAVE thought of ;-)

Truth be told the reason the PC version doesn't have the HD models is the PS3 version isn't done yet, and we wanted to get the Oddboxx out this Holiday Season.

It is HIGHLY likely we will be releasing an update for PC at a later date!

Stewart Gilray
Just Add Water ;)

Bungieware said:
The Civ expansions install the full game on Steam. You don't need the base game installed to play it.

Ifrit

Definitely buying Super Meat Boy

Thinking about getting Bad Company 2, how is it? I the multiplayer any good?

Not sure about Fallout 3 GOTY, the game is cheap at 20, just not steamyoudon'tgetphysicalcopy cheap, it can go lower right?

Lumine

My cart also ended up at 40+... but I removed a couple of games. I can buy some of those at the end of the sale as well. I already own all the oddbox games outside Munch so I guess I can put that off for now too. So it's just PB winterbottom and supermeatboy for now. That's equal to 10% of what I almost spent. Much better for the first day. :p

Unless I can pay someone who can gift me battlefield bc2? It doesn't feel right paying the euro price when it's only half that in US. I can still access european servers for online play right?

kennah

rhfb said:
Only super meat boy today. FO3 goty needs to drop 10$+ before I get that (should still happen this sale I think).
It's a daily deal, it won't happen. Things never go lower than the daily deals.

We should just start letting people get Torched. Then they'll understand the daily deal concept.

kamorra said:
umm... so should I buy Civilization IV: The Complete Edition for 6,24€ or wait?
Somebody pointed out that the ones already ridiculously discounted (like Civ IV's 75% off) don't seem likely to pop up on the daily sales. I'm going ahead with Civ IV.

I bought Civ III during this sale last year; just got around to it about a week ago. :lol

eznark said:
They'll probably be part of a paradox bundle or a daily deal. Wait.
There is a full paradox bundle with every one of their games and DLC for $74.99 right now.

I was just wondering which of their war games are actually good for learning about about history while having fun(I know a book will decimate the games).

I've heard that Europa Universalis was also very good on the history front too.

Edit:
Steam keeps crashing on me. They should have prepared more for this.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
The_Technomancer said:
They have grown tired of trying to contain the Steam. We must now face it head on, in the raw turmoil that exists between the dimensions, where bandwidth flows like rivers and money is a fluid, ever-changing idea.

This has to go in the OP, so glorious.

Chris R

kennah said:
Just you wait and see ;)

Trust me on this (or don't!!!) Just going off a gut feeling that it will pop up again before this is all over.

kennah said:

They would never do it (for obvious reasons) but the rage would be pretty funny if Valve would ever put a game on say 50% off on a daily deal and then on 75% off on a daily deal some later day in the sale.

great time for a failed purchase i tried 2x and ended up gifting the same shit 2x. i hope valve gets this sorted out so that i dont have to pay it 2x :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Mirror's Edge is never going to be 2,50 again, like 2 years ago, is it? :(

Here's hoping for cheaper Bionic Commando (yes, I want it).

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
evlcookie said:
Oh prince of persia forgotten sands uses UBIs DRM. No sale.

Guess it's just oddbox and super meat boy for me today then.
My rule on UBI DRM is I won't buy it until it is $15 or less. So I might pick this up. Finally was able to get AC2 last week.

Bigfoot

It looks like the Prince of Persia bundle is still messed up ($34.99 for 4 games that if bought individually would add up to $12.46). Forgotten Sands is also not part of the bundle.

Maybe I'll just buy Sands of Time... I played them all back on the GC (except Pop 2008), so I really only want to replay SoT.

This is a Deal of the Day, right?

Nabs

drizzle said:
Mirror's Edge is never going to be 2,50 again, like 2 years ago, is it? :(

Here's hoping for cheaper Bionic Commando (yes, I want it).
You should want it, it's really fun. I have 11 hrs played, most of it in multiplayer with some gaffers.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Steam finally got me to Double dip on the same game.
Had to pick up BC2 for that cheap and try it out on PC.

Absolutely love the store website update its gorgeous and so slick and functional.
Having the colored coded page index at the bottom for daily deals bundles,packs, and catalog deals is brilliant.
They should get an award for great web-store design.

Carm

Where the hell is my Telltale complete pack for 50 bucks this year, I don't want this holiday pack crap. *sadface*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom