• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Long

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
So I'm stuck debating on picking up The Last Remnant or if I should wait it out. Already got Lego Batman, Forgotten Sands, and PoP 08 in my cart...
I'm buying TLR too, but I don't see how you can't go with the $75 pack unless you own all the rest of the EIDOS catalog already. That's an insane value and enough games for a whole year by itself.

classicdms

Neo Member
Oddbox and Fear Pack for me so far. So much more I want to buy, but I don't want to be fucked on the daily deals.

We must stay strong and carry on, brethren. Our wallets may empty, but we will NEVER have to suffer full priced games again!

Until Dead Space 2 and Brink drop, which will probably be my first couple of 2011 purchases.

My first Steam Christmas Sale! I hadn't really been feeling the festive spirit at all until now, but this seems to be doing the trick... I need serious help, don't I?!!

Only picked up Sands Of Time so far (always wanted to play it, never got around to it) but really looking forward to lots of cheap goodness over the coming days!

Shito

Polk said:
Well Civ5 is 33% off in my wishlist.
Well, you're right, it *is* indeed currently 33% off!
Hmm, I'll wait to see if it ever makes its way into a daily deal before bitting.

The hell is this?

flker.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Someone impressions on the 2 newest oddworld titles? look like 3D jump&runs. good as psychonauts? better? worse? different?

V_Ben

Banned
Well, Super Meat Boy is now mine :)

Will Oddbox stay at that price for the entirety of the sales? Or is this one one day only?

Dave Long said:
I'm buying TLR too, but I don't see how you can't go with the $75 pack unless you own all the rest of the EIDOS catalog already. That's an insane value and enough games for a whole year by itself.

While I agree with you I have any of the games I have any real interest in already...TLR is one of the last ones that strike me as something I'd actually play.

Won

Oh, all Oddworld games are available by itself. Didn't know that. Only getting Stranger's Wrath then.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Thankfully these deals aren't too hard on me. I'll just get Super Meat Boy for today, everything else I've already played or have no interest in.

Lumine

I don't know what to buy, there's just so much! :lol
I don't want to spend all my money though, especially seeing as this only the first day. :lol

So I gotta ask a few things before I go on my money spending spree:

I never thought I'd buy PB winterbottom, but there is no reason to resist at .40 right?
Anyone downloaded the oddbox already? Can you tell me what the quality is like? Any upscaling options for the old games? Also I'm guessing this isn't that special upgraded edition of stranger's wrath?
What the hell is supermeatboy and why are so many people telling me to buy it? It doesn't look very appealing.
Does Titan quest ever pick up? I played through a large part with a friend in co-op until we got kind of tired of it. It never seemed to progress. Same mobs, same skills, etc etc.
I'm on the fence for battlefield bc2, give me a reason why I should buy it!

Thanks guys. :)

Helmholtz

FatBaby said:
What the fuck at Super Meat Boy. Man, I should of waited.
Ya...I'm a little off-put that it's on sale so soon after release, and for such a low price. But it was definitely worth the 10 dollars imo. I'm glad more people can play it anyhow.

Saige

I must do better.
I missed the last Left 4 Dead 2 sale, so should I get it now for $10, or do you think they will put it up for $5 by the time the sale ends?

1-D_FTW

Visualante said:
Defcon is free today at Green Man Gaming with a coupon.

Got the mix pack, I kind of feel bad though, do indies really need to be 90% off to get our attention. I feel like they have been pressured into these packs to give up sales. I'd be just as willing to buy them at twice the price.

The upside is, they don't seem to repeat the packs. So a lot of times they're included in a second pack people buy and they get a second payment.

rj118

Saige said:
I missed the last Left 4 Dead 2 sale, so should I get it now for $10, or do you think they will put it up for $5 by the time the sale ends?

Should be $5 at some point, maybe cheaper!

Sanjay

Bungieware said:
Until Civ 5 drops in price, is it worth rebuying Civ 4 with all the expansions for £3.74?

Yes because they are still good games and also will work on a notebook you will one day might or never have, but just in-case buy it!

Dave Long

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
While I agree with you I have any of the games I have any real interest in already...TLR is one of the last ones that strike me as something I'd actually play.
That's cool. Just thought I'd mention it. I haven't bought any of the Tomb Raider games, so those alone, plus Batman put me over the top. Front Mission Evolved will be fun to muck around with, too.

nexen said:
so, um, is anyone else getting a credit card declined message?

Yep. It's a website bug, probably due to the volume they're doing. I got that from buying $0.49 Winterbottom with a debit card that has quite a bit more than $0.49 attached to it. :lol The charge is actually going through just fine.

kamspy

Saige said:

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Double D

I've played Sands of Time and the Cel-Shaded 'reboot' game. What's the best game out of
-Warrior Within
-2 Thrones
-Forgotten Sands

dani_dc

Goddamnit I just got peggle on the thanksigiving sale.

Last time I get something within 5 months of christmas sales.

nexen

charlequin said:
Yep. It's a website bug, probably due to the volume they're doing. I got that from buying $0.49 Winterbottom with a debit card that has quite a bit more than $0.49 attached to it. :lol The charge is actually going through just fine.
Ok cool, thanks. The game (Well, FEAR pack) showed up in my list eventually anyways.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's too bad you can't get a deal on Oddbox if you have the other two already.

Anyway, is that Indie Potato pack being saved for something special then? Doesn't seem to be listed.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Vik_Vaughn said:
I've played Sands of Time and the Cel-Shaded 'reboot' game. What's the best game out of
-Warrior Within
-2 Thrones
-Forgotten Sands
I havnt played WW or 2Thrones but Forgotten Sands is a fun game. Its a bit short and falls through in some places, but worth the 5 dollars.

TP

Super Meat Boy for only 3 dollars? shiiiiit, I was hoping it would go on sale but damn that price is bananas.

A whole lot of other good stuff too but nothing I really want. I think I might be able to make it this year with only 3 or 4 games bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom