• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
nexen said:
no. Toki Tori is pretty good and that magic marker game is really good.

Delve Deeper is also in that pack right? Also a very good game.

Oh WOW

Valve said:
In addition to the usual savings specials, each day of the sale will feature a special Holiday Bonus on one select title. The twist: Players must qualify for the Holiday Bonus by owning another Steam game.

For example, the first Holiday Bonus is Portal - save an extra 10% if you own Half-Life 2. If you already own the title, Steam will automatically detect this and offer you the 10% savings during check out.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
nexen said:
no. Toki Tori is pretty good and that magic marker game is really good.
I know it is good, but the implication is that they think this would be a nice game for a 5 year old to play - and I still haven't beaten it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, are these indie package deals going to be active for the life of the sale? How does that work?

SO CONFUSING.

dakilla13

Sgt.Pepper said:
The indie pack with Braid, Audiosurf and Osmos is not available in my region! AGH

It says that for me too (US), but its probably the servers getting hammered.

Edit: Everyone should buy the Oddworld pack. Fantastic series, especially Strangers Wrath.

nexen

Hey, um the Lucasarts 50% sale page says that it doesn't include The Force Unleashed II but if you go to game page it is listed for $20 which is 50% off.

On the off chance that it this is an error I bit. I know I may regret it if its a daily deal later. I really wanted that game and $20 is the right price for me so I'll risk it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I got the F.E.A.R. Complete pack but it isn't downloading the Reborn DLC. Is that added later on or invisibly included? Strange.

Krakn3Dfx

Ahhh, the bastards made Stranger's Wrath $7.49, I was hoping they would make it $5 like Munch's Odyssey so I could buy both for $10 since I own the original 2 on Steam already.

Well played Valve, you win...this time.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'm holding out, to see if that Potato Pack comes true.

Dacvak said:
So, are these indie package deals going to be active for the life of the sale? How does that work?

SO CONFUSING.
Anything that's not in the Today's Deals section lasts for the life of the sale.

Plasma

Banned
Dice said:
I got the F.E.A.R. Complete pack but it isn't downloading the Reborn DLC. Is that added later on or invisibly included? Strange.

It should invisibly download, if you right click on the game and go view DLC you can see which DLC you have for it.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh my god Super Meat Boy is so bought

Awww shit, very tempted to get chime as well, since I missed out during the Treasure Hunt

CiSTM

Banned
First day and only 26€ gone, not bad.

- Blue Berry Garden (gift for a friend)
- Broken Sword directors cut
- Elven Legacy
- Freedom Force
- Wintterbottom
- Oddbox
- SW Knights of the old republic
- Titan's Quest gold.

I have still plenty of games on my to buy list but I will see what deals of the day will deliver in the future.

Firebrand

Ihya said:
BF2 BC is kinda expensive for the brits :(

Caught a glimpse of US prices while the store was being wonky:

gnkJL.png

Nothing new that EA hates Euro-Steam, but... still raging. :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DEAR VALVE,

PLEASE MAKE SURE THE BLACK STEAM MASCOT GETS SOME SKATING LESSONS!!!

I FEEL BAD THAT HE CRASHED INTO A SNOW BANK!!!

IT LOOKS VERY COLD, SOMEONE SHOULD HELP HIM OUT!!!!

Sincerely,
stump

Instro

Stumpokapow said:
DEAR VALVE,

PLEASE MAKE SURE THE BLACK STEAM MASCOT GETS SOME SKATING LESSONS!!!

I FEEL BAD THAT HE CRASHED INTO A SNOW BANK!!!

IT LOOKS VERY COLD, SOMEONE SHOULD HELP HIM OUT!!!!

Sincerely,
stump

Maybe we need to start a petition for skating lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom